Author Topic: Favorite One Line Scriptures  (Read 30461 times)

Offline thinktank

• Silver
Re: Favorite One Line Scriptures
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 01:17:57 AM »
"I'll be back"

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 02:01:43 AM »
"I'll be back"
lol Where have you been?

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 02:32:51 AM »
Rom 9:28   For he will finish the work, and cut [it] short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 04:50:47 AM »
"I'll be back"
Termiminator Think Tank?

T3
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 07:43:28 AM »
"I'll be back"
lol Where have you been?

Good to be back :) good to see you still here Molly . My laptop finally broke down after 6 years of hard service, it sounded  more like an aircraft in the last few years.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:35:45 AM by thinktank »

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 07:52:04 AM »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 04:05:18 PM »
"I'll be back"
Termiminator Think Tank?

T3

T3 ? I'm getting older  :smile:
Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
:goodpost:
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2012, 05:44:07 AM »

3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.  Isa 61

goodreport

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2012, 06:32:20 AM »
Isaiah 32:15-17

15  Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest.

16  Then judgment shall dwell in the wilderness, and righteousness remain in the fruitful field.

17   And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

goodreport

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2012, 03:59:29 AM »

For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.  Phil 1:21

But  whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.  Phil 3:7

Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again:  Rejoice!  Phil 4:4

I can do everything through him who gives me strength.  Phil 4:13 

a 2 liner...

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Phil 4:6-7

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2012, 05:12:40 AM »

For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.  Phil 1:21

But  whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.  Phil 3:7

Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again:  Rejoice!  Phil 4:4

I can do everything through him who gives me strength.  Phil 4:13 

a 2 liner...

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Phil 4:6-7

Great message for the day.   :2thumbs:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Ross

• Est
  • Gal2;20
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2012, 05:40:00 PM »
Therefore become imitators of God as beloved children and walk in love; Eph 5;1,2
Fellow brother in Christ

Offline jugghead

• Snr
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2012, 01:06:18 AM »
"With God, all things are possible" The reason that is my favorite is, because this one line focuses on what God is capable of doing, not us.
Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

goodreport

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2012, 01:18:10 AM »

Ah Lord God! behold thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, there is nothing too hard for thee.  Jer 32:17

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2012, 03:49:02 AM »
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2012, 04:11:00 AM »
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified

Many good ones, that one's one of my favorites.

"while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2012, 10:23:24 AM »
Does anyone know chapter and verse on this?  Strong's is no help at all...

"We shall be like Him."
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2012, 01:05:42 PM »
1John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2012, 01:22:11 PM »
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

--2 Cor 3:18

Romans 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Psalm 84:7 They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.

As for me, I will behold your face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with your likeness.

--Psalm 17:15

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2012, 02:07:43 PM »
1John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Thanks!  I'm going to take note of that verse.  The underlined portion continues to blow my mind.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 02:24:34 PM by Lazarus Short »
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2012, 07:06:22 PM »
Notice how that contrasts the creation account. Or more accurately the translation of he creation account.
We are told man was created in the image of God. Past tense.
But 4000 years later we read in John, that God is still busy creating. Ongoing action

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2012, 08:43:35 PM »
That's so cool that you say that, I was reading "Exhortations of an Overcomer" last night by  Gwendolyn Riley and she said the same thing - when God said let us make man in Our image, that was just the beginning of an ongoing process that He has continued right up until today and until He becomes all in all. Very cool!
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2012, 10:10:41 PM »
Gen 1 may be the creation of the new man. And the verse that corresponds with that thought.

The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

I agree btw that we are being made into His image.

The 7th day is His rest. We need to enter that rest which is the flesh veil. The 7 th day is the unveiling.

All creation waits with eager longing for the unveiling of the sons of God.

Even though it says to enter His rest Paul also tells us:

You are now SEATED at the right hand of the throne of the Father.

Is that not His rest? This is a great mystery that we were one in Him from the foundation of the world. Did our separation take place at:

The lamb was slain from the foundation of the world.   The heart being pierced in his side the blood spilling was the foundation of the church, when the lamb was slain was that the foundation of the world?

Everything was created by Him and for Him and through Him ( from memory may be off)

When He has subjected everything to Himself than the son shall also be subjected to Him who put all things in subjection under Him then God will be all in all.

That is the same word as wives be subject to husbands. Its the rejoining of the two that were separated.

The two shall become one. This is a great mystery concerning Christ and the church.

The wife returns to husband. Eve to Adam. Creation to the Lamb.

Now the church is His body. The fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Is that enough one liners? ;)

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2012, 10:26:39 PM »
Beautiful!
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline jugghead

• Snr
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2012, 09:18:10 AM »
Notice how that contrasts the creation account. Or more accurately the translation of he creation account.
We are told man was created in the image of God. Past tense.
But 4000 years later we read in John, that God is still busy creating. Ongoing action

This is what I find so awesome about our God, that by misinformation (someone else's or our own understanding) we are led astray from what He wants us to understand (that being Himself) and by His power He draws us back to Himself and understand Him even better because of first being misled.

Hope that makes sense to others because this is what I have come to understand. How can darkness comprehend light if it doesn't understand what darkness (ourself) is (what we are before light shows us we were blind (dead)).

Of course, this is my opinion.
Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding