Discussions Relating to Universal Reconciliation > Christian Life

Favorite One Line Scriptures

<< < (27/58) > >>

eaglesway:

--- Quote from: dajomaco on December 02, 2012, 08:03:13 PM ---Listen! My love is approaching. Look! Here he comes, leaping over the mountains, bounding over the hills.

This for all of us who are over the hill

--- End quote ---

:LH:

Lazarus Short:

--- Quote from: dajomaco on December 02, 2012, 08:03:13 PM ---Listen! My love is approaching. Look! Here he comes, leaping over the mountains, bounding over the hills.

This for all of us who are over the hill

--- End quote ---

Is that from the Song of Songs?  You know, I never really got what that book was all about until I read Ferrar Fenton's The Holy Bible in Modern English.  His Old Testament is a wonder, besides a few modernisms, such as his idea that Jonah was picked up by a submarine.  Well, he translated the Song of Songs in DRAMATIC form, and it works!  He realized that it was a wedding-day drama, and translated it as such.  As such, it explodes with meaning!

ded2daworld:
Just 2 amazing verses that lept out at me today

"10 The Lord said, "Sing for joy, people of Jerusalem! I am coming to live among you!"

11 At that time many nations will come to the Lord and become his people. He will live among you, and you will know that he has sent me to you. 12 Once again Judah will be the special possession of the Lord in his sacred land, and Jerusalem will be the city he loves most of all.

13 Be silent, everyone, in the presence of the Lord, for he is coming from his holy dwelling place."

seekfirst:

--- Quote from: ded2daworld on December 27, 2012, 08:00:44 PM ---Just 2 amazing verses that lept out at me today

"10 The Lord said, "Sing for joy, people of Jerusalem! I am coming to live among you!"

11 At that time many nations will come to the Lord and become his people. He will live among you, and you will know that he has sent me to you. 12 Once again Judah will be the special possession of the Lord in his sacred land, and Jerusalem will be the city he loves most of all.

13 Be silent, everyone, in the presence of the Lord, for he is coming from his holy dwelling place."

--- End quote ---

I cannot be silent until I know from which Book and Chapter come these lovely verses??? 

ded2daworld:
Zechariah 2:10-13
Here's the amplified version

10 Sing and rejoice, O Daughter of Zion; for behold, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of you, says the Lord.
11 And many nations shall join themselves to the Lord in that day and shall be My people. And I will dwell in the midst of you, and you shall know (recognize and understand) that the Lord of hosts has sent me [His messenger] to you.
12 And the Lord shall inherit Judah as His portion in the holy land and shall again choose Jerusalem.
13 Be still, all flesh, before the Lord, for He is aroused and risen from His holy habitatio

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version