Author Topic: Favorite One Line Scriptures  (Read 25145 times)

Offline dajomaco

Re: Favorite One Line Scriptures
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2012, 08:34:54 PM »
All their neighbors supported them with silver articles, gold, goods, livestock, and valuables, in addition to all that was given as a freewill offering

goodreport

« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2012, 02:17:14 AM »
1 John 1:7

If we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2012, 03:34:27 AM »
For once you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord; walk as children of Light. (Eph 5:8)
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2012, 08:03:13 PM »
Listen! My love is approaching. Look! Here he comes, leaping over the mountains, bounding over the hills.

This for all of us who are over the hill

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2012, 08:47:20 PM »
Listen! My love is approaching. Look! Here he comes, leaping over the mountains, bounding over the hills.

LOVE IT!!!!!
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2012, 09:01:13 PM »

:LH:

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2012, 03:43:58 AM »

Is that from the Song of Songs?  You know, I never really got what that book was all about until I read Ferrar Fenton's The Holy Bible in Modern English.  His Old Testament is a wonder, besides a few modernisms, such as his idea that Jonah was picked up by a submarine.  Well, he translated the Song of Songs in DRAMATIC form, and it works!  He realized that it was a wedding-day drama, and translated it as such.  As such, it explodes with meaning!
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2012, 08:00:44 PM »
Just 2 amazing verses that lept out at me today

"10 The Lord said, "Sing for joy, people of Jerusalem! I am coming to live among you!"

11 At that time many nations will come to the Lord and become his people. He will live among you, and you will know that he has sent me to you. 12 Once again Judah will be the special possession of the Lord in his sacred land, and Jerusalem will be the city he loves most of all.

13 Be silent, everyone, in the presence of the Lord, for he is coming from his holy dwelling place."
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

seekfirst

« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2012, 08:12:59 PM »
Just 2 amazing verses that lept out at me today

"10 The Lord said, "Sing for joy, people of Jerusalem! I am coming to live among you!"

11 At that time many nations will come to the Lord and become his people. He will live among you, and you will know that he has sent me to you. 12 Once again Judah will be the special possession of the Lord in his sacred land, and Jerusalem will be the city he loves most of all.

13 Be silent, everyone, in the presence of the Lord, for he is coming from his holy dwelling place."

I cannot be silent until I know from which Book and Chapter come these lovely verses??? 

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2012, 08:22:20 PM »
Zechariah 2:10-13
Here's the amplified version

10 Sing and rejoice, O Daughter of Zion; for behold, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of you, says the Lord.
11 And many nations shall join themselves to the Lord in that day and shall be My people. And I will dwell in the midst of you, and you shall know (recognize and understand) that the Lord of hosts has sent me [His messenger] to you.
12 And the Lord shall inherit Judah as His portion in the holy land and shall again choose Jerusalem.
13 Be still, all flesh, before the Lord, for He is aroused and risen from His holy habitatio
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2012, 03:31:49 AM »
Come quickly Lord Jesus.

seekfirst

« Reply #136 on: January 04, 2013, 03:12:51 PM »

Psalm 143:8
Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in Thee do I trust:  cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto Thee.

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2013, 07:58:24 PM »
"Come!" He said. And climbing out of the boat, Peter started walking on the water and came toward Jesus.

seekfirst

« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2013, 04:37:26 PM »
Psalm 5:3 (Amp)

In the morning You hear my voice, O Lord; in the morning I prepare [a prayer, a sacrifice] for You and watch and wait [for You to speak to my heart].

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2013, 08:57:22 PM »
Therefore, through Him let us continually offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of our lips that confess His name.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2013, 09:11:58 PM »
Therefore, through Him let us continually offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of our lips that confess His name.

Praise you, Lord Jesus, 'ĕlôhıym  Y'shû‛âh,

God of my salvation [Psa 88:1]

seekfirst

« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2013, 05:09:08 PM »
Psalm 19:1-2 (CEB)

Heaven is declaring God's glory; the sky is proclaiming His handiwork.  One day gushes the news to the next, and one night informs another what needs to be known.

seekfirst

« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2013, 04:29:26 PM »
Psalm 9:10
Thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek Thee.

seekfirst

« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2013, 04:02:51 PM »
John 8:36
If the Son, therefore, shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2013, 06:40:35 PM »
For freedom Christ has set you free, why submit agian to a yoke of bondage?

Offline misszoolander

• Est
  • New every morning, abundant is thy faithfulness.
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2013, 11:56:38 PM »
Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed,, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:21:30 AM by misszoolander »
It is well with my soul.

seekfirst

« Reply #146 on: January 09, 2013, 12:02:25 AM »
Psalm 43:3
Send out Your light  and Your truth; let them guide me.  Let them lead me to Your holy mountain; to the place where you dwell.

seekfirst

« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2013, 03:33:56 AM »
Isaiah 26:3 (AMP)
You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You.

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2013, 04:41:08 AM »
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with my mind I myself am a slave to the law of God, but with my flesh, to the law of sin.

seekfirst

« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2013, 07:13:40 PM »

Psalm 55:22 (AMP)
Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you;  He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail).