Author Topic: ET in the past vs now  (Read 946 times)

Offline fullarmor2

ET in the past vs now
« on: November 26, 2009, 07:04:51 PM »
      Sometimes when I stop to listen to mainstream  preachers on tv  I  get annoyed about something.     I NEVER hear them talk about the ET that I know they believe in.     I don't understand it.  If someone REALLY believes in ET,   they better talk about it.       It should be one of the main things that they preach.  Shouldn't it?      And they hardly ever mention it.   For example,   the last church I attended,     The last year and a half I was there,  I only heard ONE message  on ET!      
      And think about all those "Christian leaders"   in church history,   who gave great big sermons on hell fire.   And they would go into  detail describing the agony of people in hell using big fancy words. Seemingly attempting to glorify hell suffering.   Now,     these religious leaders from the past are held up in very high regard by mainstream church today.     So why don't today's mainstream leaders  preach like those  old time hell fire preachers?   I mean if those past preachers were so great,  why not preach like them now?    And I'm referring to men like Spurgeon,  Finney ,   Edwards, ect....    ,    these folks are almost idolized by many many Christians today.   And yet preachers today sound nothing like they did regarding hell suffering.   You know,   so ,     this is a pretty glaring inconsistency I think.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 07:13:12 PM by fullarmor2 »
For all those who live in the shadow of death,  a glorious light has dawned!  And for all those who stumble in the darkness,   behold,   your light has come!!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: ET in the past vs now
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 07:32:12 PM »
Maybe you don't attend to an extreme ET church?
A while back someone posted a news item about a mother in Poland (?) that drowned her babies to save them from hell. I assume she attended to a more extreme church.

Perhaps your own church is a to small sample for a overview?
When I see church where I live I see people sitting like wooden dummies. With some monotone mumbling of a priest.
But when I see an US church on TV the priest sounds like a president candidate on tour.
And all the people are standing, jumping and waving arms in the air...

So there seems to be many variations....?
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline fullarmor2

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 07:35:45 PM »
I'm  referring to the most well know preachers like on tv,      Hinn, Copeland,  Meyers,  Osteen, ect......
   I just got done listening to Benny Hinn  and he sounded like a Universalist!   I enjoyed it. 
For all those who live in the shadow of death,  a glorious light has dawned!  And for all those who stumble in the darkness,   behold,   your light has come!!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 07:46:20 PM »
http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/ywamapostasy.html
This is not evangelism, this is anti evangelism--Universalism in another guise.

John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline fullarmor2

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 07:54:16 PM »
Interesting,     Hinn is being spoken against very strongly there.    I was only pointing out how Hinn sounds quite often on the surface,  in spite of the fact that he believes in ET.    I just think that folks who believe in ET should shout it from the house tops.  Or drop it.  One or the other.

Offline fullarmor2

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 08:07:25 PM »
Maybe you don't attend to an extreme ET church?

Oh no,   my pastor was a Pentecostal.  So he believed it.  Just never talked about it. 

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 08:13:44 PM »
Interesting
Do a search on this forum: "Benny Hinn"

No separate thread about him but I remember a few people mentioning what you said "sounds URish"

Offline fullarmor2

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 08:23:35 PM »
   Its that way pretty much no matter who you listen to on tv.    Take Osteen for example.    His messages are always positive ,  bubbly,   lovey dovy    messages.     And I'm pretty sure he believes in the eternal barbecue  pit.  Why won't he talk about it?

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 08:33:27 PM »
I know none of the persons you mentioned.
I sometimes see a preacher on TV but never really listen.
But my impression always is: Ha! Another second hand cars salesman that became a preacher.

They don't believe at all and/or only tell what brings in the most cash.

Honest Sam dies poor.

Offline fullarmor2

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 08:41:38 PM »
  I  asked this on Yahoo answers.  Why don't the best known preachers preach hell like Spurgeon, Finney, Edwards,ect...?    Here is one answer I got. 

Jesus Christ here in Spirit is The Living Truth that God is infinite love and lavish mercy !

Some Day here in God's Light and Life eternal, more Spirit-led humans will really know in living faith that God is just as loving, merciful, kind and gracious as Jesus Christ is ! He is ! Read and believe John 12:31-32 !

The reason that, today, over 2/3 of all Christian churches in the USA never teach "hell-fire, brimstone and eternal torment" is that "hell" never existed ! Each year, more Christian churches will totally cease preaching a false "god of wrath and vengeance"; God never changes; we grow more spiritual and more loving, albeit very slowly it seems. Bible scholars fully know that "hell" in the Bible is only a bad translation of "sheol" which means "grave-site", and "gehenna" which means "garbage dump". The rich Jews who died were put in "sheol"; and dead poor Jews and criminals were tossed in "gehenna", a garbage dump outside the city which was burned off frequently for sanitation and to remove the bad smells.

Read now carefully in prayer the actual words of Jesus Christ in John 16:7-16 Back then, even Jesus' apostles and disciples could NOT bear all of the Truth that Jesus taught ! So Jesus, today and forevermore, continues here as He the Spirit of All Truth ! and ever unfolding in stages to us ! The living prophets and ambassadors of our Living Father God are far ahead in spiritual comprehension than the old, stale, crystallized intellectual theological dogmas of non-progressive church doctrines made up by pompous men ! Personal God-consciousness at all places and at all times is at hand ! Churches can not hold back the great advance in God and in His Truth !

"That which is old and true must abide; but also have the faith and courage to accept that which is new and True -- both are part of Eternal Living Truth."

Peace and progress in Spirit and in Father-Son Truth !
Source(s):
Personal God-consciousness and Epochal Revelation continuing. See my Profile and links.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 08:52:22 PM »
and ever unfolding in stages to us
I can accept that. But opposite messages is diffrent from unfoldfing messages.
It's very hard, as in impossible, to see any good in scaring people so much they sink away in OCD.

NinjaWizards777

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 01:13:28 AM »
   I NEVER hear them talk about the ET that I know they believe in.     I don't understand it.  If someone REALLY believes in ET,   they better talk about it.       It should be one of the main things that they preach.  Shouldn't it?      And they hardly ever mention it.

its amazing, isnt it? "I believe most the world is going up in everlasting flames but, I wont even mention it". If eternal torment is true, then we are really the saviors of this world, not jesus. Jesus paid for the heaven tickets but we gotta run around and force people to take them, and if we fail...theyre doomed forever, no if ands or buts. So what are they waiting for?  there are probably a few reasons for this:
1) they dont want to "offend" people (which im not sure matters much if theyre about to be bbq'd eternally)

2) they've back filed the doctrine so far back in their mind, that they just avoid it altogether (I think this is really the only way I dealt with it for years)

3)They dont even really believe it themselves (and yet they will fight you tooth and nail on it)