Author Topic: Do you go to church?  (Read 1084 times)

Offline fullarmor2

Do you go to church?
« on: December 29, 2007, 11:20:51 PM »
   I would like to know who on here goes to church?  Tell me what your church is like?  Or,  why don't you go?   I'm not going right now,  but thats only because I haven't found one which teaches that Jesus is the savior of the World yet.  I've considered going to my old church and to just focus on the positive aspects but I'm not sure.  ET doctrine is such a poison,  it affects everything!   I'm reminded how Jesus taught us to "beware of the leaven of the Pharisees".  And how that a little leaven will leaven the whole lump. It doesn't take much false doctrine to seriously taint the over all theology of a Church. To include their world view in general! I'm reminded of the ship analogy,   if the "rudder of truth" is off even a small amount,  that will translate into a HUGE deviation with regards to your course! 
For all those who live in the shadow of death,  a glorious light has dawned!  And for all those who stumble in the darkness,   behold,   your light has come!!

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
Re: Do you go to church?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 01:05:01 AM »
    I'm reminded of the ship analogy,   if the "rudder of truth" is off even a small amount,  that will translate into a HUGE deviation with regards to your course! 

Thanks be to God that our course is not directed by our ability to correctly interpret doctrine but by the Great Author and Finisher of our faith!    :flowerred:  Thank you, Lord!!

Well, Fullarmor2, the Lord has my focus on being the church rather than trying to "go to church."  You might want to check out the e- book I gave a link to in the humor, books and poems section of this board.  The name of the book is So You Don't Want To Go To Church Anymore. 
You're welcome to visit http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/

Offline fullarmor2

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 01:52:37 AM »
Thanks Hopeful,  I am.  I just read the first chapter today.
For all those who live in the shadow of death,  a glorious light has dawned!  And for all those who stumble in the darkness,   behold,   your light has come!!

Offline fullarmor2

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 01:59:05 AM »

Thanks be to God that our course is not directed by our ability to correctly interpret doctrine but by the Great Author and Finisher of our faith!    :flowerred:  Thank you, Lord!!

I needed to hear that. Thats good.

PaulTheJesusFreak

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 02:23:08 AM »
Yes, I go to church. I copied this from another post on another forum. 

I currently attend two churches, the  J.O.E. Youth Group at Harmony Free Will Baptist Church on Wednesday's and some Sunday's.

And a Non-Denominational Church. (<< Totally the best Church ever :!: :!: )

Obviously, my beliefs disagree greatly with both churches. I like to consider myself Non-Denom. because I do not prescribe to any particular denomination due to my very broad belief system (thankfully, I'm not the only one who believes the same way).

This is a list of beliefs the Non-Denominational Church I attend holds.

I wouldn't so much call it a non-denom church, though. They are a modern-version of the Apostolic/Pentecostal Churches. Very contemporary, very awesome.

http://www.christianboard.com/cboard/viewtopic.php?p=69374#69374

Redkora

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 05:12:10 AM »
I don't go to church as far as going to a building on a certain day of the week. I want to fellowship, but I am wary of going to churches around here because many of them are those big money makers. I also don't want to feel that to attend a congregation, I have to conform my beliefs to fit those of that gathering's "leader."

I'll check out that e-book, though. Thanks, hopeful!

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 10:36:28 AM »

I'll check out that e-book, though. Thanks, hopeful!

Y'all are welcome for the link! 

Cute avatar, Redkora!   :icon_flower:

:HeartThrob:

Hopeful
You're welcome to visit http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 07:50:25 PM »
 :cloud9: I'm with you Hopeful! He's had me telling people for several years now, "I AM the church; church is wherever I AM!"

Most of the time, they don't even realize what I said, but I AM (Spirit) IS that I AM (lowered into flesh). Blessings to you.....

PS. There's a lot of truth in the word "expectant" mother. If we expect Him to manifest in our midst, He does. So where we are, church is ;).....
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 07:52:42 PM by Cardinal »
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

arcticmonster2003

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 08:32:09 AM »
I don't go to church - the reason - - the church's defininition of church and mine differ quite a bit - In my belief, a church is a congregation, a body, made up of believers, each sharing as the Holy Spirit leads them, and  in prayer and supplication, and praising God when the Holy Spirit is not leading them to speak - In my opinion, in this type of atmophere, the Holy Spirit would work wonders.

As opposed to current churches, where everyone sits and listens to one person explain to them what they should and should not be doing (now keep in mind, many of these are wolves). Speaking non-stop about the flesh. Talking about which things they must believe doctrinally (when in fact, wisdom and knowledge should be set aside if it is dividing the Body of Christ, and it has, into thousands of different denominations, if it is dividing the Body of Christ then it isn't that wise, each man should suffering his weaker Brother). As it is though, it is so ravenous that to suffer your weaker brother in many of todays churches would mean subjecting yourself to quite alot of abuse. I do not see alot of spiritual growth occuring in this atmoshpere, and if the Holy Spirit did move someone to speak, everybody would look at them weird and think they were being rude by interrupting the pastor, minister, priest, ect....-- I don't claim to have the awnser for the sad state of the Church(es), but I do see God reuniting the Church and taking all of the ravenous wolves out of the way.

Anyway, whether right or wrong, this is how I see it right now. :dontknow:

Sometimes an example explains much more than my words could:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0FMZiEmM14

« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 09:06:02 AM by arcticmonster2003 »

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 06:42:53 PM »
 :cloud9: That's right, AC. The pattern (pastor exalted above the rest) was wrong to begin with. They tried to take His place as the Head, instead of our place (all of the 5) as disciples under a Head which is now Spirit. Corrupted pattern, corrupted results. I looked at 2 of those "pastors" on Youtube, and it hurt me to watch, I had to turn it off.

I go ONLY if and when He leads me for His purposes, not my own. I love the body, I hate the spirit that has it in bondage, and joyfully look forward to the day the Lord will raise up in a people that have been called by His name, and prepared by Him to destroy the bondages and set Him free. How long, O Lord, before our brethren are killed as we were? Blessings to all......
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor