Author Topic: Do we belive the Bible?  (Read 584 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
Do we belive the Bible?
« on: September 02, 2011, 06:17:51 AM »
Will we believe the Bible? Or will we believe what orthodox religion(that is the many out there) has to offer as to what the Bible teaches?

Let me ask, did Jesus die for us or did He die instead of us( in our place?)

Does man(kind) have to die for sins?
Or did Jesus do that for us?

Does a person when they die(quit breathing) go to heaven or hell when they die?
**And if you believe this is true, is there a scripture in the Bible that affirms this.***

Is hell a place? Is hell a literal place? What does hell mean to you? What does orthodox religion teach hell is?
Do they have Bible proof as to what they say, and can they give  Book and verse that this is so?

If I told you that hell is the grave(the place you go when you quit breathing a place of the unseen.)
How do you respond?

Is there book and verse that tells mankind that when mankind dies, that they go to either heaven or hell?
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

PaoloNuevo

Re: Do we belive the Bible?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 09:10:00 AM »
Gehenna is a place of ruin and obliteration. I think it's a metaphor of the dangers of fofeiting a Life on Purpose lived on love...

Hell is prolly just Sheol or the grave.

The Lake of Fire is the purifying fires of God's love...

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 10:03:44 AM »
Will we believe the Bible? Or will we believe what orthodox religion(that is the many out there) has to offer as to what the Bible teaches?
While I believe that many are misguided (Even on this forum people hold to Constantinian concepts), I think the vast majority of Christians believe in the Bible.
It's just that there are so many interpretations. Sadly enough the early UR church fathers are partly to blame for the rise of ET because of their "Doctrine of Reserve".
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 10:27:55 AM »
While I believe that many are misguided (Even on this forum people hold to Constantinian concepts), I think the vast majority of Christians believe in the Bible.
It's just that there are so many interpretations. Sadly enough the early UR church fathers are partly to blame for the rise of ET because of their "Doctrine of Reserve".

Gary wrote about that;

http://www.tentmaker.org/books/EarlyChristianView.html
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 10:54:19 AM »
I think two quotes from Gary's article sum up things quite well...

Another problem that one has to overcome when trying to find out what the early Christians believed stems from what came to be called the "Doctrine of Reserve." It was often easier to use fear than love and patience to restrain the heathen, so very often fear was preached to the masses and the "Doctrine of the Restitution of All Things" was "reserved" for the more mature in Christ.
----
Most of us do not realize that when Constantine made Christianity the religion of the Roman Empire hundreds of thousands, or even perhaps millions, entered the church without a true conversion. Now the church was full of people who were heathen at heart but soon became leaders in the church due to the normal political processes of the Roman governmental system. The Church now had leaders and laity who were not truly converted, but rose to power through nepotism, deceit, popularity, and all the other ways the world raises its leader

The last quote makes me think of The Borgias :winkgrin:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...