Author Topic: DECEMBER DELIGHT  (Read 920 times)

goodreport

DECEMBER DELIGHT
« on: December 01, 2012, 07:51:52 PM »
I will delight myself in Thy statutes:  I will not forget Thy words.  Psalm 119:16
=======================================================

Malachi 3:6  I am the Lord; I change not

QUOTABLE QUOTE

C.H. Spurgeon

"It is well for us that, amidst all the variableness of life, there is One whom change cannot affect.  One whose heart can never alter,  ...

What ever His attributes were of old, they are n ow; His power, His wisdom, His justice, His truth, are alike unchanged.  He has ever been the refuge for people, their stronghold in the day of trouble, and He is their sure Helper still.  He is unchanged in His love.  He has loved His people with "an everlasting love"; He loves them now as much as ever He did, and when all earthly things shall have melted in the last conflagration, His love will still wear the dew of its youth.  Precious is the assurance that He changes not!  The wheel of providence revolves, but its axle is eternal love.  Death and change are busy ever, man decays, and ages move; but His mercy waneth never; God is wisdom, God is love."

PONDERABLE HYMN

I HEAR THE WORDS OF LOVE  (Horatius Bonar, 1861)

I hear the words of love,
I gaze upon the blood,
I see the mighty sacrifice,
And I have peace with God.

'Tis everlasting peace,
Sure as Jehovah's name;
'Tis stable as His steadfast throne,
Forevermore the same.

The clouds may go and come,
And storms may sweep the sky;
This blood-sealed friendship changes not,
The cross is ever nigh.

I change -- He changes not;
The Christ can never die;
His love, not mine, the resting-place;
His truth, not mine, the tie.

My love is oftimes low,
My joy still ebbs and flows;
But peace with Him remains the same,
No change Jehovah knows.

Offline lomarah

• Silver
Re: DECEMBER DELIGHT
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »
Awesome.  :HeartThrob:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

goodreport

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 11:57:56 PM »
Awesome.  :HeartThrob:

Yes, indeed!  it is awesome and it can be eaten morning, noon, evening and all times in between.  It tastes best when eaten slowly -- pondering on the words of love; praying, praising, thanking God for the Word. 

Rev 19:13  And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood and His name is called The Word of God.

All the ingredients are free, and healthy, nutritious (unlike fast food which is expensive and usually not very healthy) --and help us to grow in the grace and the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to Him be all glory both now and for ever.

Taste and see that the Lord is good, blesseth is the man that trusteth in Him.  Ps 34:11

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 03:38:12 AM »
Taste and see that the Lord is good, blesseth is the man that trusteth in Him.  Ps 34:11

Amen!! We are truly blessed when we trust in Him.  :HeartThrob:

(As a side note: I cracked up laughing trying to say that out loud... blesseth and trusteth... sounds like I have a lisp hahaha!!)

goodreport

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 03:19:12 PM »

Amen!! We are truly blessed when we trust in Him.  :HeartThrob:

(As a side note: I cracked up laughing trying to say that out loud... blesseth and trusteth... sounds like I have a lisp hahaha!!)

'Tis better to laugheth/rejoiceth in being blesseth because you trusteth in Him, than to cry and mourn in not being blessed because you did not trust in Him!!!!! 

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 03:21:20 PM »
LOL! Gr thank you for a good morning laugh. They are always appreciated. :)