Author Topic: Darkness and Light  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Molly

• Gold
Darkness and Light
« on: December 01, 2007, 08:05:45 PM »
Kept read that passage from Revelation again.

There is NO darkness in the kingdom.

Offline Molly

• Gold
Darkness and Light
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 10:52:18 PM »
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

And, by the way, that word, "desolate" looks an awful lot like tohu and bohu to me...

"desolate"
G2048

erēmos
er'-ay-mos
Of uncertain affinity; lonesome, that is, (by implication) waste (usually as a noun, G5561 being implied): - desert, desolate, solitary, wilderness.

G5561

chōra
kho'-rah
Feminine of a derivative of the base of G5490 through the idea of empty expanse; room, that is, a space of territory (more or less extensive; often including its inhabitants): - coast, county, fields, grounds, land, region. Compare G5117.

G5490
χάσμα
chasma
khas'-mah
From a form of an obsolete primary "chao" (to "gape" or "yawn"); a "chasm" or vacancy (impassable interval): - gulf.

wow look at this.  The word derives to 'chaos'

chaos
Function: noun
Pronunciation: 'kA-"äs
Etymology: Latin, from Greek --
1 obsolete : CHASM , ABYSS
2 a often capitalized : a state of things in which chance is supreme ; especially : the confused unorganized state of primordial matter before the creation of distinct forms -- compare COSMOS b : the inherent unpredictability in the behavior of a natural system (as the atmosphere, boiling water, or the beating heart)
3 a : a state of utter confusion b : a confused mass or mixture <a chaos of television antennas>
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 10:56:37 PM by Molly »

Offline Molly

• Gold
Darkness and Light
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 11:00:11 PM »
omg that's the most incredible thing.

without life there is entropy, chaos, disorganized devolving to nothingness.

omg.

Offline Molly

• Gold
Darkness and Light
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 11:02:43 PM »
entropy

Function: noun
Pronunciation: 'en-tr&-pe
Inflected Form(s): plural -pies
Etymology: International Scientific Vocabulary 2en- + Greek trope change, literally, turn, from trepein to turn
1 : a measure of the unavailable energy in a closed thermodynamic system that is also usually considered to be a measure of the system's disorder and that is a property of the system's state and is related to it in such a manner that a reversible change in heat in the system produces a change in the measure which varies directly with the heat change and inversely with the absolute temperature at which the change takes place ; broadly : the degree of disorder or uncertainty in a system
2 a : the degradation of the matter and energy in the universe to an ultimate state of inert uniformity b : a process of degradation or running down or a trend to disorder
3 : CHAOS , DISORGANIZATION , RANDOMNESS

omg.  God's light is life!

Ok I'm burnt out now rofl.

Offline Molly

• Gold
Darkness and Light
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 01:37:06 AM »
omg that's the most incredible thing.

without life there is entropy, chaos, disorganized devolving to nothingness.

omg.

Is God the Author of that?  :grin:

It's the first step in the act of creation.

2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

without form='tohu'="waste," "nothingness,""nothing"

void='bohu'="vacuuity," "emptiness"

"darkness"

H2822

chôshek
kho-shek'
From H2821; the dark; hence (literally) darkness; figuratively misery, destruction, death, ignorance, sorrow, wickedness: - dark (-ness), night, obscurity.

tohu, bohu, and choshek is what is there in the beginning:  chaos, entropy, death, evil.  What Jesus calls 'desolation.'

It is the most primitive unit of creative process, if you will.  Nothing.  The creative process brings something out of nothing.

tohu, bohu, and choshek is what is there before the Spirit of God moves over it, before God speaks creation, before God says, "Let there be light."

And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
 3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Offline Molly

• Gold
Darkness and Light
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 02:22:44 AM »
The moon is a reflective body.  It reflects the light of another.

The sun creates it's own light, it is the source of light, it is the real thing.

5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

16And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.--1 Cor 13

1 Thessalonians 5:5
Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Offline Redlettervoice

Re: Darkness and Light
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 02:16:32 PM »

When we "define" WHAT "darkness" is that God in the beginning, Genesis 1, "divided" by the
"firmament" ...from the Light, we will notice that it was "spiritual" ........the "firmament" was placed
there to "divide" the "waters" God had created UNDER the firmament from the WATERS that were
created ABOVE the "firmament." God created all this.

Up thru this point, God is "dividing" NOT "night" from DAY, but "waters from WATERS" ......called
"darkness" and "light."

And this was before the SUN was brought forth so it was not SUNlight. Neither what the SUNlight
stood for.......that was not done til the 4th day, I think it was.

Have you ever wondered "why" it was only 2,000 years ago that Jesus was "manifested" the way
He was? Why didn't God show Him as He appeared the first time, on the "first" day, for instance?
God is orderly......and tho we'd like Him to hurry this thing up, He is always on time, according to
our own earthly understanding because He knows our finite minds NEED the order, and not the
chaos.

Now, "in" the firmament there was some "lights" placed also......and these were for: NOT the
"dividing" of the "lower pool waters" from the UPPER WATERS, but these "lights" that were
placed in the firmament were placed there to "divide" the DAY from Night.

Is there a
Difference in DAY and Night, and "darkness" and "Light?." Well, there is a difference
in what these two divisional things were for; the firmament was to divide waters from WATERS
but the "lights" were to divide DAY from night!
The "darkness" and LIGHT was told about having something to divide it.
Also, the Night and the DAY, were told about some lights "in" the firmament to divide these two.
Sorta tricky wording there, to me, but Hebrews 9 is there to me.

God wants this kind of "division" and will be working at it til.......

It is all IN US!
Where "HE" dwells, there is no "darkness" tho He created it, and there is no night, either.
He "rules" it all..........Jesus is said to be Lord of the "dead" AND the "living" but God is said
to be God NOT of the dead, but of the Living!

I saw some things recently and I thought "how on earth could a person study for as long as
I have and JUST now "see" that? Because, no one "sees" nothing til God shows it. We can
talk all day, but He is the one that turns on the LIGHTS in the firmament, and I had a girlfriend
that came to see me this week who had had a vision about that.......she "sees" things in
the spirit at times, does NOT know the scriptures as well as some, but she saw this "star"
shining in the sky and how it went......."whoose" .......ha ...........I think God is using those
stars as "bridgers." Taking us from the "lower pool waters" TO the UPPER Pool. The UPPER
WATERS are those that come from NO one but HIM!
Where as Molly points out, "there" is NO darkness..........and no night.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 05:08:24 PM by Redlettervoice »

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 11:34:11 PM »
 :cloud9: Amen RLV, well He did say ABRAHAM'S SEED would be as the stars of the heaven, didn't He? And since many of the other stars (ones we've looked to for light in the nighttime of our souls) are destined to fall and are falling now, making it look even darker, I'd say they were right on time. After all, wise men still leave behind their kingdoms and lay their gifts at His FEET........Blessings to you.......
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 03:34:55 AM »

I really love the direction of this thread!   thanks ya all ! for the contributions !!
 and was also  thinking this "firnament " being waters  sis , and the divisions   the GREAT GULF FIXED ?  thats what i always thought this was

from the Vulgate firmamentum, which is used as the translation of the Hebrew _raki'a_. This word means simply "expansion." It denotes the space or expanse like an arch appearing immediately above us. They who rendered _raki'a_ by firmamentum regarded it as a solid body.  
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

and how its heavens plural in gen 2 in the begining and earth  always one singularly as she  her  female  gender,

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

Gen 2:4 These [are] the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

just checkin in  :girlheart:
  love to all rose
Jesus is the reward  !!

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 09:37:15 AM »
RED pointed out that God created Day before he created the sun.

This is such a profound observation.

This light of God's in Genesis 1:3 is not coming from the sun.

That means the Day mentioned in Genesis 1:5 is not caused by the sun, either.

5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

This is the first day!

1 Thessalonians 5:5
Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

This gives me chills.

We are the children of the first day of creation, the children of a holy light that comes from God himself.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 09:47:42 AM by Molly »