Author Topic: being delivered from the law  (Read 4883 times)

Offline Seth

• Gold
Re: being delivered from the law
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2009, 03:45:24 AM »

Hi Seth and Doug  
 when reading Gen 1  and than chapter 2  
 Adam was made  first  in the image of God and  in Chapter two  from the dust  
 seems we do have an inward and outward  distinction  here :icon_flower:

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.  
Gen 1:27 So God created man [in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and[Strong's H120 - 'adam ] female created he them.

28   And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

one thing is  Name  man  Strong's H120 - 'adam and it seems the inward Image of Man Adam is male and female  in the begining

now in Gen 2.  Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.  

there is lots to  consider  when you look at chapters one and two in Genesis  :HeartThrob:  rose

Consider something interesting: God made Adam in his image. Yet do you remember what God said after Adam and Eve ate the fruit? He said "They have become like one of us." Therefore, it is possible for something to be made in the image of something else, yet without containing ALL characteristics of it. It's like how we can create a graven (carved) image of God, but that does not mean the image contains all attributes. This is why we are still being "conformed to the image of the Son."

The slain lambs of the Law of Moses were images of Christ to come and even Adam was a type of Christ, but because something is a type, does not make it the VERY thing. The statue of David is an image of a man, but only contains the form, not the very soul of the man or his very nature.

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2009, 03:49:22 AM »
Hi Molly

Good question and especially so since it is about something that has only been talked about amongst very few since the time of the Apostles. (Although there have been some going back as far as Jane Leade who was a 17th century prophet whom did acknowledge this "other woman" who was "from the beginning" but did not quite grasp the full significance of her because IMO it was not yet time for it to be revealed)

Simply speaking (because I am both simple and base) God who is a Spirit with a Soul (male and female) breathed into the nostrils of Adam Himself so consequently Adam became a "living soul". (because Adam was then made alive unto God having not yet been separated by the sin that caused Paul to speak of his own past as dead to God because of sin yet he was alive unto the world)

Fast forward back to Genesis when God turned to the woman and said that there "would be enmity between her seed and the seed of the serpent".......... well we know that woman could not be Eve because at that time Eve was in cahoots with the serpent and was in fact at enmity with God rather than the serpent........... Amen?......... I think so !!!

So who is the woman that had the seed that is Christ who would bruise the head of the serpent? ..........that woman in Adam is the female half of God whom has the Spirit (seed) of God within her just like Mary did when she was impregnated with the Holy Spirit of God, when God breathed Himself into Adam just as he did to Mary.

She unlike Eve did not get the boot from the Garden of Eden that translated means "the fence of God on earth" and within that fence was righteousness with God that is reserved for us as the reconciliation of that what was lost at the fall.

I will pray that you see what I am saying here Molly........ as you already know I have always considered you special and chosen of God be amongst the first order.

Blessings to you

Doug

Hey...
I'm sparrow... not molly... :laughing7:  :HeartThrob:

I am just not following what you're saying.
But peace to ya. I guess this thread is just not for me.
(no offense to anyone here. just being honest.)

peace,
sparrow
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2009, 06:52:49 AM »
The change of tenses described in the first OP or like the change of voice in Song 1:2 from speaking of him as though he is absent changing to speaking to him directly...

en⋅al⋅la⋅ge

[en-al-uh-jee] – noun Rhetoric.
the use of one grammatical form in place of another, as the plural for the singular in the editorial use of we.
Origin:
1575–85; < LL < Gk enallag an interchange, deriv. from base of enalláttein to give in exchange; cf. en- 2 , agio
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.

http://dictionary.reference.com/cite.html?qh=enallage&ia=luna

I was present when a brother spoke a rather lengthy and detailed "prophecy" which, when it was understood, explained why the sister was so hysterical. What had been told in future tense as prophecy was a word of wisdom and knowledge about what had already happened across a number of weeks in a primitive part of Africa she had just returned from and nobody else could have known about it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 07:34:15 AM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
Re: being delivered from the law (for jabcat)
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2009, 07:31:47 AM »
Seth,,

So much comes and goes through our awareness things we haven't payed a direct look at lurk in the background, surfacing to face uncertainties raised by so many other voices speaking confused ideas with God's words.  It has been nagging me in the back of my mind for a while, this real need to clear up the confusion between law and grace; but, like so many other things, I don't know how I could have gone about it even if I had become sufficiently conscious of the problem.  That preparation means all the more respect is due to the working of God in you to bring this word to us.  I'm really blessed to be brought into a greater clarity. I still have questions, but they may now be better asked so sooner answered.

What I have learned so far is this. We have received the deposit of the inheritance until the redemption comes. This means we do not have the Spirit without measure, but a measured part, so that we may fit into a many membered body, not all are eyes, not all are feet.

I don't know the full answer between two sides of this.  Let me try telling some of it and see what you all think.  The Spirit given now is not God as He is.  "When He appears, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is." While there are gifts of healings now, when we have immortal bodies we won't need healing.  So, the Spirit now is the "Spirit of Promise," meaning, a "Promissory Spirit," that, in manifesting regarding partial and passing needs, promises the Spirit as He is when the purchased possession of our body is liberated into born of God in its physical aspect.

I say that because He never gives the Spirit by measure due to the nature of God the Holy Spirit. One has said, "Wherever there is any of God, there is all of God." Notice this verse more closely:  "For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him." (Jn 3:34, AV)  It gets misprinted, specially in e versions.  Because of copy and paste from InstaVerse I just now had to manually re-insert the original italics because they didn't copy into here.  "Unto him" is added by the translators.  What is literally said is:  "God gives not the Spirit by measure."  That also is what the Concordant Literal Translation has:  "For He Whom God commissions is speaking God's declarations, for God is not giving the spirit by measure."
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Livelystone

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2009, 01:53:00 PM »
God said that Adam was perfect in all his ways until iniquity was found in him....... nothing more and nothing less

That statement by God speaking of Adam signifies a difference between when before iniquity was found in Adam and when after iniquity was found in Adam...... "iniquity found in him" was the result of disobedience when Adam ate the fruit that had the seeds of evil knowledge within it....... at that time it evil had transformed from being "outside knowledge of evil" into a life giving force that within Adam that Paul spoke of as the "law of sin" in his members bound by the law of the seed to bring forth more evil aka when iniquity was found in Adam........

The "law of sin" by definition is a principality meaning it is a life giving force albeit one that brings forth death....... The law of sin is NOT the law of God that was given to Moses but is what Paul called to be the messenger of satan that was a thorn in his flesh in 2nd Corr 12..... Paul knew to call it a "thorn" because God spoke of those who worshipped false gods whom Israel did not destroy as He had commanded them would become "thorns in their flesh" for all generations.

Everyone here has the law of sin within them....... it has been handed down within the male seed for all generations of mankind and it brings forth a life destined for death......... so the Bible says "in Adam all men die".  Eve as one flesh with Adam in us carries this seed as they were both in the transgression of Gods commandment "thou shalt not because both ate the same evil seed that by law would bring forth more evil from the "one flesh" the two of them had become.

Because they "both" have evil within them and are as Paul said "earthy", neither of them can ever ascend unto heaven !!!....... Jesus also said that only what comes down from heaven (the Holy Spirit and His Bride) will ascend unto heaven and so did God in Ezek 28 when He spoke of Adam who had been the covering cherub "would be cast out of the mountain of God AND DESTROYED".

There are three ways in which we are to attain perfection and those ways are body, spirit and soul.......... so Jesus said I am the way, (him,body) the truth (soul,mind) and the life (spirit)....... We here have been given a Holy Spirit and by following after it in obedience may apprehend the mind of Christ providing we first have both the truth of the scriptures and the love of Jesus for others...... however not until after their is some sort of "death" can one be resurrected without sin.

Can their be a death onto resurrection in this life........... IMO yes their can be but it has not yet happened to anyone as there are not yet any "manifested sons".

Blessings

Doug

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2009, 05:29:28 AM »
Jeremiah 21:13
I am against you, Jerusalem, you who live above this valley on the rocky plateau, declares the LORD— you who say, "Who can come against us? Who can enter our refuge?"

12 Woe to him who builds a city with bloodshed
    and founds a town with injustice!
--Hab 2

Hi Doug--

You are saying that there are two women in the garden.  Are these the two who are talked about throughout scripture?

One has children, one is barren.  One is slave, one is free.

One has a husband, one is desolate.

25Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. 26But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother. 27For it is written:
  "Be glad, O barren woman,
      who bears no children;
   break forth and cry aloud,
      you who have no labor pains;
   because more are the children of the desolate woman
      than of her who has a husband.

---Gal 4

A barren woman who bears no children but has more children than her married counterpart.

It seems a contradiction--most certainly a mystery.

One is the Law, and one is grace, faith, and Spirit.

Are you saying the soul that Adam left behind in the garden is the woman without a husband?

Was this Adam's first love?   Was leaving her his first death?

« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 05:32:53 AM by Molly »

Livelystone

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2009, 06:40:04 AM »
Molly

Yes I am saying that there are two woman in the garden....... Eve the mother of all things earthly and the other one being the woman from above who Paul spoke of as the mother of us all whom I say is also the one that has the seed that will always be at enmity with Satan

I have not before now considered the answers for the questions you have raised concerning the desolate and/or barren however I have always seen a parallel between Eve who should have not have ever been any more than "just a 'helper" for Adam to  Abraham taking the handmaiden to bed and bringing forth the line of the flesh........ for sure Paul links the story of the bondwoman and the handmaiden to the mother of the promised child to who would be Sarah, Abraham true wife to the mother of us all "from above"

Blessings

Doug

Offline Seth

• Gold
Re: being delivered from the law (for jabcat)
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2009, 06:54:50 PM »
I say that because He never gives the Spirit by measure due to the nature of God the Holy Spirit. One has said, "Wherever there is any of God, there is all of God." Notice this verse more closely:  "For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him." (Jn 3:34, AV)  It gets misprinted, specially in e versions.  Because of copy and paste from InstaVerse I just now had to manually re-insert the original italics because they didn't copy into here.  "Unto him" is added by the translators.  What is literally said is:  "God gives not the Spirit by measure."  That also is what the Concordant Literal Translation has:  "For He Whom God commissions is speaking God's declarations, for God is not giving the spirit by measure."

Hi ReFORMer,
I think the context is showing that the unlimited measure of the Spirit is being qulaified to Christ. Here is why. In context, the "one who is sent" is being spoken about by John regarding Jesus Christ. The verse directly afterwards shows us this:

John 3:34
The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

What I see is that Jesus was given all things unto his hand. But in 1 Corinthians 12, we see what Christ was given, some are not given: are all healers? Are all prophets? etc, where Jesus was all these things. I think the reason is to first, in the flesh, reveal his Body, then upon dying and being resurrected, further revealing that body as formed from many people. Jesus was the completed man that we are meant to become corporately, and explains why he was given the Spirit without measure unto being without sin, while we are given the Spirit, and are not without sin, as a downpayment for the redemption of the purchased possession. Really, the redemption (the collecting) of the purchased possession is done all through the Spirit. That is why Paul speaks about an "aionios weight of glory" in the future as compared to the struggles that we see now which are passing.

That "weight of glory" which we press forward for in hope, is still the Spirit, only at a greater weight.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2009, 08:02:04 PM »
Quote from: Doug
Yes I am saying that there are two woman in the garden....... Eve the mother of all things earthly and the other one being the woman from above who Paul spoke of as the mother of us all whom I say is also the one that has the seed that will always be at enmity with Satan

Hi Doug, One thing that I've long wondered about is that our Lord's name is the feminine form of the word for salvation--that is, my question, why feminine?

Genesis 49:18
I have waited for thy salvation, O LORD.

"thy salvation"

H3444
ישׁוּעה
y'shû‛âh
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467[; something saved, that is, (abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity: - deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.

I have waited for y'shû‛âh, O LORD.

29 Now, Master,

You can dismiss Your slave in peace,

according to Your word.

30 For my eyes have seen Your salvation.

--Luke 2

Why is Jesus portrayed as the feminine?  The masculine form of the word 'salvation' is yasha H3467 (which means to be open, wide or free).

The first form is the person being saved, where as the second is the person who is doing the saving.

Christ, as our Saviour, has to come to this earth first, and be in need of deliverance himself, which deliverance he receives on the cross.  Before the cross, then, there is a kind of passive type of deliverance, the feminine, whereas after the cross, it becomes masculine and pro-active, that is, yasha.

1 Chronicles 16:35
And say ye, Save us, O God of our salvation, and gather us together, and deliver us from the heathen, that we may give thanks to thy holy name, and glory in thy praise.

[God] "of our salvation"
H3468
ישׁע    ישׁע
yesha‛ yêsha‛
yeh'-shah, yay'-shah
From H3467; liberty, deliverance, prosperity: - safety, salvation, saving.

Our Salvation God is masculine but his salvation, the Lord Jesus on this earth, is feminine.

15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
--Gen 3

The seed comes from the woman, but it produces a manchild.

"seed"
H2233
זרע
zera‛
zeh'-rah
From H2232; seed; figuratively fruit, plant, sowing time, posterity: -  X carnally, child, fruitful, seed (-time), sowing-time.

I'm beginning to understand the many 'passive'[feminine] instructions we are given in the name of [our Lord's] salvation--turn the other cheek, love your enemies, repay evil with good.  This is the female seed that will overcome, and restore us to the garden of our God, as the sons of God.

Galatians 4:26
But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 08:58:00 PM by Molly »

Livelystone

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2009, 11:30:08 PM »
Molly

When Jesus was on earth he was the expression of God and had come God the Spirit as the soul who comes from a spirit. The soul is always feminine and comes from a seed provided by a male so even though Jesus who is decidedly male was still the seven fold fulness of God's Soul that contains the original spirit as seen in Isa. 11: 2

Isaiah 11:2 (King James Version)

And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

Every spirit has a soul that is image and likeness and of the spirit Jesus is the image and likeness of God that is a prophecy of the Will of God stated for us in Ge 1: 26..........

Genesis 1:26 (King James Version)

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Thus the spirit of Jesus within us is the spirit of prophecy that John saw fulfilled in the following verse

Revelation 19:10
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Although the soul is always feminine the spirit is gender free so that it may become either the lesser or the greater as need be. For example when Jesus walked on earth He was the lesser of God but when we become in the image and likeness of God, Jesus who has become our father will be then be the greater.

Ironically there are several species of fish that change their sex from male to female (to bare offspring) and then eventually back to male..

Blessings

Doug

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2009, 12:15:42 AM »
Quote from: Doug
The soul is always feminine and comes from a seed provided by a male so even though Jesus who is decidedly male was still the seven fold fulness of God's Soul that contains the original spirit as seen in Isa. 11: 2

Isaiah 11:2 (King James Version)

And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

And the spirit of the LORD

"shall rest" [upon him]

H5117
נוּח
nûach
noo'-akh
A primitive root; to rest, that is, settle down; used in a great variety of applications, literally and figuratively, intransitively, transitively and causatively (to dwell, stay, let fall, place, let alone, withdraw, give comfort, etc.): - cease, be confederate, lay, let down, (be) quiet, remain, (cause to, be at, give, have, make to) rest, set down. Compare H3241.

32John gave further evidence, saying, I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and it dwelt on Him [never to depart].

33And I did not know Him nor recognize Him, but He Who sent me to baptize in (with) water said to me, Upon Him Whom you shall see the Spirit descend and remain, that One is He Who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.

34And I have seen [that happen--I actually did see it] and my testimony is that this is the Son of God!

--John 1

He wears the spirit of the LORD like a robe.

Does the soul that comes from a seed produce the seed of his father [spirit]?  Here we see a soul that is covered by the spirit of the LORD.   If the soul is feminine, isn't it the soul that, like a mother,  gives birth, --like giving birth to like?

Isaiah 53:11
He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

It is his very soul that Jesus gives for [to] us.

1 John 3:16

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: ..

"life"

G5590
ψυχή
psuchē
psoo-khay'
From G5594; breath, that is, (by implication) spirit, abstractly or concretely (the animal sentient principle only; thus distinguished on the one hand from G4151, which is the rational and immortal soul; and on the other from G2222, which is mere vitality, even of plants: these terms thus exactly correspond respectively to the Hebrew [H5315], [H7307] and [H2416]: - heart (+ -ily), life, mind, soul, + us, + you.

Until Christ appeared, that soul [woman] was barren.

Is it the soul of Christ that becomes [gives birth to] the quickening spirit?

« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 12:33:47 AM by Molly »

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2009, 12:28:42 AM »
How can a house divided, stand?
When our Lord God Jesus Christ spoke, He never spoke more than a few hundred Words, and they were awed.
And often, at the end of a parable, He said: "Let those who have ears to hear..."
The parable was used, perhaps, not to teach the masses but to keep the deaf from hearing.
Each man in is own order.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2009, 12:39:59 AM »

Jesus is the soul of God.  What a lovely way to think of it.

John 14:9
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2009, 12:46:16 AM »
WELL — YES.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2009, 12:52:22 AM »
 :cloud9: AMEN Livelystone! Blessings.....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2009, 01:14:15 AM »
But this time the soul could not eat of the wrong tree, for He is the Right Tree.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2009, 03:17:20 AM »
 :cloud9: Amen, Beloved Servant....... :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2009, 07:21:53 AM »
Someone has said, "Wherever there is any of God, there is all of God." I really believe it is of the nature of God that, "He gives not the Spirit by measure" (Jn 3:34)  When Jesus as Spirit came into me I received not a piece of Him, but HIM.  HE came to dwell within.

Whether Seed or sprout, tree or flower and fruit, it is all the Apple. In God as Spirit coming to be manifesting His presence to us it may be compared to a holograph. It may be on a glass plate that when it is broken into many pieces and the laser streams are passed through each piece, the whole image is there, only from a slightly different perspective than another piece off of the original whole.

In the beginning of Hebrews, after mentioning the ways God has previously manifested, the ultimate and never to be superceded manifestation is spoken of.  "God...in the last of these days speaks to us in a Son..." (Heb 1:1-2, CLT)  It is (anarthous) without an article. No "a" son.  If He had wanted to speak of the Jesus of history there would have been an article:  "the" Son. As it stands, more generic, without an article, it should be translated:  "God...in the last of these days speaks to us in Sonship," or, "God...speaks to us in Son-wise," or, "in the category of Sonship."  This makes a big difference in how you read the Bool of Hebrews.  The way we are constituted sons is through union with The Son.

When the Holy Spirit is in me it is not a part of the Holy Spirit.  When I am in HIM, it is not a part of me; but, from the innermost we come into union. "We are made to drink of one spirit," not a one-ten-thousandths of the Spirit."  When Jesus (by the Holy Spirit) is in me, all that HE is and does is in me. I didn't get just HIS awareness of sin and love of God. I didn't get only something of HIM as Healer.  HE came into me.  My maturity is how available I am to HIM.  I may express HIM as Teacher today; but, as I mature I will pass on, increasing in the range of sharing HIM with others, being more used to draw them to HIM, an evangelist's functioning.  As I deepen in experiencing the Mysteries both of HIS nature and accessed by HIS nature, drawn more into things requiring qualification, I function in Jesus the Prophet in me.  As I grow in the number of experiences of HIM, the breadth of of HIS Character manifestly mine, I qualify as a special emissary or for apostolic sending.  Even the apostle has more to grow into: the fulness of Christ, the victory even over death, being raised out from among the dead.

The pulpit centric nature of the apostate "church," if it deserves the name, disqualifies it from this process of coming into "the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ."  Those captive in the cages of Babylon, stunted in their growth into the likeness of the Son of God, are not reliable guages or examples of what the will of God is for our lives.  I comfort myself that, "There are threescore queens, and fourscore concubines, and virgins without number.  My dove, my undefiled is but one..." (Song of Songs 6:8-9, AV)  The continuation unfolds a threefold oneness in verse 9.  Though in the house, virgins (outer court) have no intimacey, no interpenetration of the word.  They've been attracted by the "revival." They are available.  One experience of His presence is permanent. Once "chosen," they are never again virgin.  The concubine (holy place) is either barren or bears what is not the restoration of the true image. The queen runs lawfully, reproducing the exact likeness.  The inheritance comes through the queens.  That born of them will rule in all the earth.  But it all is one.  Whether 30, 60, or 100 fold, it is all of those bringing fruitful multiplication of the word of God. Jesus says, "They shall be...one shepherd."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:15:34 AM by reFORMer »

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2009, 07:35:07 AM »
OH! Reformer, that is beautiful — please continue.

Offline Seth

• Gold
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2009, 07:33:17 PM »
HI ReFORMER,
I think we see things very similarly. When man is given a measured portion of the Spirit, I do not mean to say that the Spirit ITSELF is divided, only that we still wait for the "aionios WEIGHT of glory." Perhaps we are seeing the same thing only through a slightly different perspective. The WEIGHT of glory is what we hope for.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2009, 09:04:16 PM »
The sons are always appointed.  We see that Able, called righteous by Jesus, was an appointed son as Seth was appointed also to replace him.

25And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

The seed of Christ is an appointed seed.

Later, Paul will use this same word to describe himself.

2 Timothy 1:11
Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

The appointed seed was rare in the Old Testament, but in the New Covenant, the seed is seen to be sprouting into harvest everywhere.

John 4:35
Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

In preparation for sonship, we go through all the stages and trials seen in the Old Testament, first earthly priests, then earthly judges, then earthly kings, then earthly warriors, then earthly prophets, then learning by faith to close the mouth of lions and build an ark and go forward into a place we know not.

Still we are waiting for the appointed time of heaven on earth--

....[waiting expectantly and confidently] looking forward to the city which has fixed and firm foundations, whose Architect and Builder is God.

--Heb 11

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2009, 09:05:35 PM »
 :cloud9: LOVE IT REFORMER AND AMEN........ :thumbsup: Blessings....

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2009, 07:56:46 AM »
Seth, back to the discussion of Paul's struggles, him saying "no longer I that do it", the subsequent discussion of Paul/us being accountable/responsible, etc....I've questioned if since the above is stated by Paul and true, then was the sin even being laid to his account at that point...if it's "no longer I that do it", he'd been reconciled through grace, etc.

I don't know of any off the top of my head...do you know of any scriptures/places where Paul talked about needing to ask God for forgiveness of his sins, or even confess them?  I know he said things like "no longer I that do it...God's grace is sufficient...Jesus would deliver him"...

Peter talked about confessing sins (some would argue that was a message to the Jews/House of Israel...that although they were also saved through Jesus, there were still some cultural/"Jewish" differences for those that had been given the Law as opposed to the nations/Gentiles).  That's been hashed and re-hashed before   :punish:.  Right now I'm specifically bringing into view Paul's position on confession of sin and needing to ask forgivenss, etc. .   I haven't researched it thoroughly, but I can't think of any.  Seems to me Paul sort of "separated" himself, as a new creation, from sin; focusing more on grace, forgiveness, reconciliation, etc. - just knowing/trusting Jesus had it covered/taken care of  :scratchhead:.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 08:11:38 AM by jabcat »

Livelystone

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2009, 04:22:59 PM »
Paul may well of not confessed his sins however he did ask God to remove the "thorn in his flesh" that was the cause of him having to deal with sin and doing what he "chose mot to do".

Also we have Jesus who taught us to pray daily asking for forgiveness of our sin as we forgave others of their sins against us

Blessings

Doug

Offline chuckt

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2009, 04:51:12 PM »
Paul may well of not confessed his sins however he did ask God to remove the "thorn in his flesh" that was the cause of him having to deal with sin and doing what he "chose mot to do".

Also we have Jesus who taught us to pray daily asking for forgiveness of our sin as we forgave others of their sins against us

Blessings

Doug

cool,

i see forgiveness as a state of mind, repentence too, lets walk in them all day long.

peace
euty