Author Topic: Be giving to everyone who requesting!  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Nancy

• Snr
Be giving to everyone who requesting!
« on: May 04, 2010, 12:16:02 AM »
hi ya,
It's me again.  I feel that i cannot live the way Christ wants me to live. As the above scripture says give to all who ask, don't only give when others give to you, expect no praise because your praise will come from God,etc. 
I am not capable of living like that anymore. I feel torn. I know i have mentioned this before but it is really getting to me. It came to a head this afternoon as my father in law and i had the most massive row about me not agreeing to help him clean a room.  Maybe it's me who is totally wrong and selfish but i feel that i am going to do more and more but end up resenting doing it. 
I do have very materialistic thoughts which i feel are wrong but God knows that i have them so what's the use of hiding them.  I feel that i can be honest with you all.  My father in law isn't a poor man and could easily afford a cleaner but feels why should i when i have my daughter in law to do it.   I don't agree with this.  And i think it's this principle that makes me resent doing it.

Godbless
Nancy

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
Re: Be giving to everyone who requesting!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 12:29:28 AM »
 :cloud9: I'll tell you how I overcame that........He had me focus on the principle of doing EVERYTHING as unto the Lord. This, combined with the revelation that ALL THINGS are for our good for those that love the Lord, helped me to receive the "test" as from the Lord, in the first place.

So when there were "those that would despitefully use you", I focused on doing whatever as unto the LORD, IN THEM. It took my focus off the flesh completely, and enabled me to serve HIM, which was the desire of my heart anyway, and so resentment no longer had a toe hold in me and could be dealt with. Blessings.....

And once dealt with, no more "tests"
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 01:50:57 AM »
No more tests!
hallelujah
But it does open one's eyes to what comes next.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 02:08:00 AM by Beloved Servant »

Offline Dallas

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 02:01:35 AM »
hi ya,
It's me again.  I feel that i cannot live the way Christ wants me to live. As the above scripture says give to all who ask, don't only give when others give to you, expect no praise because your praise will come from God,etc.  
I am not capable of living like that anymore.

That's the point, that's what supposed to happen. Jesus was talking to Jews under the law, and he was "uping" the harshness and inventing new things for them to do that they wouldn't be able to do. So that they would fail and be disqualified from the work they can do to gain the promises of God.

i am actually quite happy for you that you are going to stop do that as a command. It should be liberating for you, because Jesus didn't command you to be that way, but instead the Jews.

I do have very materialistic thoughts which i feel are wrong but God knows that i have them so what's the use of hiding them.

What's wrong with material thoughts? Because of what Jesus did you have been made righteous and free. If you enjoy what you do, enjoy it, because Christ made you free to enjoy it. Understand that even though sometimes we have feelings that we associate with wrongness, that we may associate them with the old legalistic idea of wrong.

That's what you are doing here. Feel free to tell him "no" to cleaning, you won't be bad, because Jesus made you good. Just do what you think is right and let God walk out what changes He thinks you need.

Dallas

Offline Nancy

• Snr
Thanks Dallas
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 11:27:56 AM »
hi ya,
thanks dallas for your support.  i think that's where i was going wrong. helping because i feel i have to, a sort of insurance policy for God to love me.  never being able to say no for fear of rejection both by God and the person whom i'm saying no to.
As Saint Paul said i think 'The Lord loves a CHEERFUL giver'!

Godbless
Nancy

Offline Dallas

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 02:40:02 AM »

Yes, but God doesn' YOU because you're a cheerful giver but loves you because you have been established because of Christ.

So...."The Lord loves Nancy, because of Jesus."

Now....try and mess that up....honestly you can't...isn't it great!!

Zeek

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 03:36:23 AM »

Yes, but God doesn' YOU because you're a cheerful giver but loves you because you have been established because of Christ.

So...."The Lord loves Nancy, because of Jesus."

Now....try and mess that up....honestly you can't...isn't it great!!

so without Jesus, God wouldn't love us??

I'm thinking Jesus came to reveal the TRUE heart of the father, what IS; not "because of"

Offline Dallas

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 04:29:40 AM »
so without Jesus, God wouldn't love us??

It's not that God stopped loving man, but man thinks he is not able to attract God's love. People who have come out of religon and such often believe they need to do something to gain God's love, the cross gives people permission to understand howcome God can love them. It also gives them strength and security to know they can't do anything to lose His affection. For if by His works they are established and acceptable to God then they are acceptable as long as Christ's work is acceptable...forever.

Isaiah 26:12 "LORD, You will establish peace for us, Since You have also performed for us all our works."

Without Jesus however it would be impossible for us to please Him.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 02:07:18 PM »

Colossians 1:
16; for in Him is all created, that in the heavens and that on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones, or lordships, or sovereignties, or authorities, all is created through Him and for Him,

All is created for HIM!
Therein lies our freedom.
We do not need to strive when we look to Him and not our self.
We are made for Him.
How often do we forgive someone? 7x7

The Lord may be asking you to keep one room clean, that you did not soil, in preparation for Him, through us His body, to clean the world.

Offline Dallas

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 04:44:03 PM »
The Lord may be asking you to keep one room clean, that you did not soil, in preparation for Him, through us His body, to clean the world.

No one can keep anything clean, that's the point...every room is soiled. We are all soiled.

But because of God, we have all been made clean. There is no need for prep work, all work is done. You are cleaned by His Word. All things were cleaned by His Word.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 05:32:50 PM »

First in the spiritual then in the natural.
There's still a lot of dust on our tabletops.

Offline Dallas

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 02:50:40 AM »
There's still a lot of dust on our tabletops.

Well enjoy all that cleaning work...me, Jesus cleaned me off and keeps me dust free.

Dallas

SQ

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 03:49:31 AM »
I understand Nancy it is hard to try and be good enough, I have finally came to the place God has brought me to not resent all the time taken away from my home to help care for my mother who is very ill.
May God have mercy on us all.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 03:51:53 AM »

Amen SQ.
Like Jesus, we are a life poured out for others.

SQ

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 03:54:06 AM »
Thank you Beloved Servant that helps confirm.