Author Topic: ADAM\EVE  (Read 5839 times)

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
Re: ADAM\EVE
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2012, 11:51:59 PM »
I had noticed sometime ago that it did not rain until Gen. 7:4 and then God caused the flood. It is very interesting that Adam according to Gen.3:17-19 was to do all that farming or growing, tilling, toiling, whatever with out a drop of water/rain. That I believe is substansial.

See Genesis 2:6 - anyway, the Hopi people of Arizona will plant corn in what is basically desert soil (I have seen this in Mexico too) and up the shoot comes.  One Hopi commented, "The white man doesn't know how we do this."
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2012, 09:35:48 PM »
Genesis 2:4-5 does NOT state that there was no rain until the time of Noah. It simply states that before man was created, rain had not yet been sent.
NIV translation
"4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.
5 Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth[a] and no plant had yet sprung up, FOR (or because)the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground, 6 but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground. 7 Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."

No need for it to rain until Adam was there a few days later.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2012, 10:02:04 PM »
 :thumbsup:Gen 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Strong's H108 - 'ed    lexicon , exhalation or vapour of the ground  whence  clouds are formed  , so called  from surrounding and covering the  earth like a vail
  green house effect ?  :Chinscratch:

Jesus is the reward  !!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2012, 05:58:19 AM »
green house effect
Or a giant artisan well
Same well, with a vastly reduced output, that provided water for Temple services.
It's (on of) the biggest underground river ever found.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:04:37 AM by WhiteWings »
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2012, 06:52:00 AM »
Wet was there, how don't know,a mist was there, it says. Personally I think word and idea playing is amusing.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.