Author Topic: 1 Sam 16:7 ... God looketh on the heart  (Read 933 times)

goodreport

1 Sam 16:7 ... God looketh on the heart
« on: August 15, 2012, 01:24:00 AM »
1 Sam 16:7 ...man looketh on the outward appearance; God looketh on the heart

OT
Jer 17:10
...the Lord searches the heart...to give to every man according to his ways; according to the fruit of his doings.

Ps 51:10  Create in me a clean heart...

NT
Matt 11:28-29
Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest... v 29 ...for I am meek and lowly in heart...

John 14:1
Let not your heart be troubled:  ye believe in God, believe also in Me.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you.  My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 16:22
And ye now therefore have sorrow:  but I will see you again and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

Mark 5:36
Be not afraid, only believe.

Matt 6:20, 21
v 20  But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven...
v 21  for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

=======
CREATE IN ME A CLEAN HEART...

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: 1 Sam 16:7 ... God looketh on the heart
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 01:43:47 AM »
Create in me a clean heart.

"clean"

H2889
טהר    טהור
ṭâhôr ṭâhôr
haw-hore', taw-hore'
From H2891; pure (in a physical, chemical, ceremonial or moral sense): - clean, fair, pure (-ness).

H2891
טהר
ṭâhêr
taw-hare'
A primitive root; properly to be bright; that is, (by implication) to be pure (physically sound, clear, unadulterated; Levitically uncontaminated; morally innocent or holy): - be (make, make self, pronounce) clean, cleanse (self), purge, purify (-ier, self).

2 Then Jacob said unto his household, and to all that were with him, Put away the strange gods that are among you, and be clean, and change your garments:

3 And let us arise, and go up to Bethel; and I will make there an altar unto God, who answered me in the day of my distress, and was with me in the way which I went.

4 And they gave unto Jacob all the strange gods which were in their hand, and all their earrings which were in their ears; and Jacob hid them under the oak which was by Shechem.

5 And they journeyed: and the terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them, and they did not pursue after the sons of Jacob.

6 So Jacob came to Luz, which is in the land of Canaan, that is, Bethel, he and all the people that were with him.

7 And he built there an altar, and called the place Elbethel: because there God appeared unto him, when he fled from the face of his brother.

--Gen 35

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 03:37:52 AM »
Mat 5:8 Blessed [are] the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

pure    Strong's G2513 - katharos

1) clean, pure

a) physically

1) purified by fire2) in a similitude, like a vine cleansed by pruning and so fitted to bear fruit

b) in a levitical sense

1) clean, the use of which is not forbidden, imparts no uncleanness

c) ethically

1) free from corrupt desire, from sin and guilt

2) free from every admixture of what is false, sincere genuine3) blameless, innocent

4) unstained with the guilt of anything

Oh the fire of God that purify  and Cleanse  us from all unrighteousness

Luke 12
Jesus is the reward  !!

anna274

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 03:41:27 PM »
from Daily Overcoming Devotional for April 20 by Ray Prinzing

RULING OUR OWN SPIRIT

Prov 16:32  He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.

One might soar high with speculation on how the "saints of the Most High shall take the kingdom", to rule and reign with Christ.  There is truth in this rare vision that shall be fulfilled.  But long before man is ever to be a partaker of this realm, he will have been thoroughly abased before the Lord in true humility.  All sense  of personal ascendancy will have been purged out, so that our only desire will be to see the Lord glorified.

Learning to rule one's own spirit is not easy; in fact, it requires that our spirit be joined to His Spirit, so that we are fortified and strengthened in the inner man, and thus able to gain control of all our emotions and impulses.  The many moods of the human nature are not easily governed, the depressions, the restlessness, quick reactions to frustrations, all reuire a careful up girding to the truth and the divine nature of Christ.  Many find it easier to govern others, exercise rule over empires, while they cannot bridle their own emotions, and crucify the lusts and passions of their own flesh.  It may sound altogether too practical and down to the "nitty-gritty" of daily living, but it is on this realm and level that the qualifications are being made for the spiritual positions to be revealed in due time.

And he that ruleth his own spirit is better than he that taketh a city."  Ah, we would like to be recognized as Overcomers, so we glory in the display of accomplishment, and the hero of the battle is openly known and admired.  But who sees and exalts that humble, quiet individual who has learned to control his or her own spirit?  Who?  God does!  Man looketh on the outward appearance, but GOD LOOKS AT THE HEART,  and the inner conditions of the soul that has been fully subjugated to His will.  Till it can be truly said, "Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name."  Psalm 103:l

A spirit gentle as a dove,
To manifest the ways above,
A life that's holy filled with love.

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 10:08:24 PM »
Again Sister Anna , 
 Lovely  message ,  Blessings  to all ,

I am reminded of resting in Hope  and ceasing from  those vain works , so the Lord can  cleanse my heart and hands  and put on charity , the labour of love    that His Holy Spirit and our spirit will  be joined as ONE as the soul in man can rest in HIS peace

For he spake in a certain place of the seventh [day] on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. 

Hbr 4:5   And in this [place] again, If they shall enter into my rest. 

Hbr 4:6   Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: 

Hbr 4:7   Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts

Hbr 4:8   For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 

Hbr 4:9   There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God

Hbr 4:10  For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his. 

Hbr 4:11  Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. 

Hbr 4:12   For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart

Hbr 4:13   Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things [are] naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 

Hbr 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast [our] profession

Hbr 4:15   For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin. 

Hbr 4:16   Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. 

There is not a soul on the face of the whole earth whom does not need his  Love , mercy and grace , I know  not of anyone   :HeartThrob:

I am also reminded of the  hardened  hearts  and spirits in man that must be broken  ,   for a time , the hardness  becomes unbearable  , you can almost feel the tightness within your chest

before the sweet release  of every   hard thing is built so tightly  held up  and the tears  flow like  clean spring rain within  as the Lord forgives us as we forgive the others of such hard words  spoken in anger  and stress  , this has been mine own experience  , the Lord is good always  and Love returning within your own heart feels pliable again so you can breath  in peace once again

Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God [are] a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Psa 34:18 The LORD [is] nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Isa 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name [is] Holy; I dwell in the high and holy [place], with him also [that is] of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Strong's H1794 - dakah contrite ) to crush, be crushed, be contrite, be broken
a) (Qal) to be crushed, collapse

b) (Niphal) to be crushed, be contrite, be broken

c) (Piel)

1) to crush down

2) to crush to pieces

:HeartThrob:
Jesus is the reward  !!