Author Topic: "Origins, Angels and Aliens"  (Read 9605 times)

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: "Origins, Angels and Aliens"
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2008, 05:03:46 PM »
We are inheriting the whole universe. :mshock:

Offline studier

• Restricted
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2008, 05:22:46 PM »
I'm not trying to *teach* anyone anything.  Nor am I seeking to *learn* anything from any man.

Who are you kidding?  :sigh: If that was the case, you would not be in a discussion board.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 05:45:16 PM by SOtW »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2008, 05:39:32 PM »
I'm not trying to *teach* anyone anything.  Nor am I seeking to *learn* anything from any man.

Who are you kidding?  :sigh:

If that was the case, you would not be in a discussion board.
I'm on a discussion board because I have very few else to talk to about Christ.

Everyone I know, everyone close to me, is agnostic or atheist or worse.

It is not  my mind, or your mind, that matters--it is in the meeting of minds where Christ exists.

For where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them.

--Matthew 18

Offline studier

• Restricted
« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2008, 05:44:47 PM »

Who are you kidding?  :sigh:

If that was the case, you would not be in a discussion board.
I'm on a discussion board because I have very few else to talk to about Christ.

Everyone I know, everyone close to me, is agnostic or atheist or worse.

It is not  my mind, or your mind, that matters--it is in the meeting of minds where Christ exists.

For where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them.

--Matthew 18

Then why do you reject the Body of Christ in this discussion board by denying that you are 'teaching' and 'learning'? Yes, your mind and my mind matter. We are all part of the body of Christ.

If you are part of the Body of Christ, then God does use men to teach, and we learn from each other. That is, if you are truly part of the Body of Christ.

Do not deceive yourself or anyone else here. You are teaching, not 'trying' to.

As a result, there are others here who may not have knowledge of aliens (such as my self) but do know how to teach what is true. You should be embracing how to teach the knowledge of aliens (that you presume to know) with truth, not lies (fallacy and logical error is not truth, therefore it is a lie).

Do not deceive yourself or anyone else here. You are 'learning' and God uses by the Holy Spirit every man.

That is why you are in the discussion board, otherwise it doesn't matter if you have few to 'talk' to.

Romans 12:3-8
For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.
----

1 Corinthians 12:50-28
The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!" On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues.
----

So we are part of the Body of Christ, you are not rejected here by me, but your knowledge and how you share your knowledge is flawed, and I am asking you as one of the Body of Christ who knows these things, you only cause more problems when you use error and fallacy to create what you think you believe.

Otherwise, all you are saying is that your mind matters only.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 05:49:48 PM by SOtW »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2008, 05:49:42 PM »
Because if I 'teach' anything, it is Christ.

And, if I 'learn' anything, it is Christ.

It has nothing to do with any particular people, including myself.

My only goal is to learn more about God, which I will only learn from Him.

Offline studier

• Restricted
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2008, 05:50:22 PM »
Because if I 'teach' anything, it is Christ.

And, if I 'learn' anything, it is Christ.

It has nothing to do with any particular people, including myself.

Yes it does. But you reject it and deny it. All you are saying is only your mind matters only. Why are you so stubbornly selfish? Even though you say "it has nothing to do with particular people, including yourself" You demonstrate that is an obviously lie, otherwise you would not be defending yourself and listen more to what others are showing you as well.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 05:52:56 PM by SOtW »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2008, 05:51:22 PM »
I don't understand what you're saying, Craig.  I can only see that you are angry.

I can't 'teach' anybody anything.  I learned that long ago from the atheists.

Neither will I believe something just because some man says it is so, otherwise I'd be an atheist myself.

So there you go.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 05:54:37 PM by Molly »

Offline studier

• Restricted
« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2008, 06:00:30 PM »
I don't understand what you're saying, Craig.  I can only see that you are angry.

I am not angry at all.  :thumbdown: That is another fallacy in which you now have adopted in order not to listen. You imagine them angry at you and therefore think you have reason now to reject and not understand it.  :sigh:

If you truly cared about the knowledge of the truth, you would stop using lies to support what you think you believe and start understanding truthful ways of communicating, fallacy-free, in order to understand what is the knowledge of truth in the mind of Christ.

Romans 12:2-8
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.

How do you renew your mind to God's will?  :dontknow: You think of yourself in more sober judgment and function as a body not as an individual free of the members of the Body. You indeed may be called to teach! If you are called to teach, then you do need to learn how to communicate the truth so that it remains truthful. That means you need to learn from those who can teach you how to communicate the truth so that it remains truthful.   :cloud9:

That is how the Body of Christ and how the Mind of Christ operates.  :icon_king: :icon_queen:  :bgdance:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 06:02:11 PM by SOtW »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2008, 06:03:10 PM »
Do you mean to say that unless I accept your speculation that there might be aliens out there, I am telling lies?

If the Bible told me there are aliens, I would support you.  Otherwise, there is no reason for me to do that.

Speculate all you want, but don't look for support on that from me.

Offline studier

• Restricted
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2008, 06:08:34 PM »
I can't 'teach' anybody anything.  I learned that long ago from the atheists.

Neither will I believe something just because some man says it is so, otherwise I'd be an atheist myself.

So there you go.

The reason you can't teach an atheist anything is because they are logical and rational and reasonable. If you are trying to teach them, in the way you are explaining to us what you believe, no wonder you cannot teach an atheist. :mshock: Fallacy (an error in logic), is something that is not true. Therefore, even though what you are sharing with others may indeed be true, it will never be accepted as true because you used a lie to promote it.  :sigh:

Next, you cannot say, "I can't teach anybody anything", because that is not up to you to decide. :boyheart: :girlheart: God's giftings and callings are as He decides. Therefore, you need to be equipped for the time when or if you are teaching, you are teaching the truth according to the truth, that is what the Body of Christ is meant to do.    :bgdance:

Offline studier

• Restricted
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2008, 06:13:18 PM »
Do you mean to say that unless I accept your speculation that there might be aliens out there, I am telling lies?

It is good you don't accept speculation, it is bad you reject speculation based on fallacy. You have no idea where you are telling lies, it is not in acceptance of any speculation. It is how you reject that speculation, which is full of fallacy (lies).

If the Bible told me there are aliens, I would support you.  Otherwise, there is no reason for me to do that.

The bible doesn't tell you there is not aliens, either. In fact, Scripture does talk about principalities and powers in high places. It does speak of life in the terms of stars, it does speak concerning strange beasts in heaven that are not found anywhere on earth. There is more proof in Scripture, that demonstrates God created other life in the heavens not related to life on earth. But just like I cannot insist there is alien life, you cannot insist there isn't.

Speculate all you want, but don't look for support on that from me.

This is not about support, this about how you don't give support. Your rejection, is full of fallacy.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2008, 06:17:05 PM »
The Bible talks about principalities and powers in high places in terms of something spiritual--not physical.

At least that's my understanding of Ephesians 6.

Did it ever occur to you that God's purpose for me is not to teach?

So you trying to make me a better teacher is spitting in the wind.

He made me this way, Craig, and I just learned from Christ in Reformer this morning that we are the inheritors of the whole universe.  So continue to try to scrape me off the ceiling if you can.

Offline studier

• Restricted
« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2008, 06:35:26 PM »
 :sigh: That means you cease your supposed word studies; stop supporting what you say with your supposed proof. That is "teaching", and you should stop, since you don't want to teach. :mshock:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 06:37:40 PM by SOtW »

Offline studier

• Restricted
« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2008, 06:42:55 PM »
Quote from: Molly
The Bible talks about principalities and powers in high places in terms of something spiritual--not physical.
At least that's my understanding of Ephesians 6.

Sure, so then can you admit aliens can be spiritual in nature?