Author Topic: The Revelation of Jesus Christ  (Read 2324 times)

goodreport

The Revelation of Jesus Christ
« on: November 29, 2012, 02:18:25 AM »
Gal 1:12  (KJV) For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

1 Pet 1:13 (KJV) Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Rev 1:1 (AMP)  [This is] the revelation of Jesus Christ [His unveiling of the divine mysteries].  ...

===============================================
QUOTABLE QUOTE

Don Fortner (freegrace.net)

The singular subject, theme, and message of the entire Bible, the Old Testament and the New, is the Person, work, and glory of the Lord Jesus Christ.  As in creation, providence, and redemption, so in the Holy Scriptures, it is the purpose of God "that in all things He might have the preeminence" (Col 1:18)  The Book of God is a book all about Christ (Luke 24:27, 44-48).  The Bible is a Him Book.  It is all about Him.  All the promises and blessings of God given to sinful men and women are in Christ (Eph 1:3).  All the love, mercy, and grace of God is in Christ.  All the revelation and knowledge of God is in Christ.  Christ is not only the central message of Holy Scripture, He is the message of Holy Scripture.  To understand that is to have the key that opens the Word of God and reveals its treasures.

That which is true of the whole Volume of Inspiration is especially and gloriously true of the last, closing chapters of the Volume, the Book of Revelation.  This last book of the Bible is Christ's revelation of Himself to His servants.  This Book is "The Revelation of Jesus Christ"  (Rev 1:1.)  ...
It  contains one revelation seen in many things.  It is "the Revelation of Jesus Christ."

PONDERABLE HYMN

He is Lord of lords and King of kings.  Rev 17:14

JESUS, OUR LORD AND KING  (Jackson, 1888)

Jesus, our Lord and King,
To You our praises rise;
To You our bodies we present,
A living sacrifice.

Now justified by grace,
And made alive to God,
Formed for Yourself to show Your praise,
We sound Your love abroad.

As dead indeed to sin,
We rise to walk anew,
Henceforth, as not our own, but Yours,
We follow only You.

Baptized into Your death,
With You again we rise,
To newness of a life of faith,
To new and endless joys.

goodreport

Re: The Revelation of Jesus Christ
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 10:49:40 PM »
Rev 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

QUOTABLE QUOTES

In the Word of God, Christ is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, the First and the Last.  He is the same in all true gospel preaching.  If Christ is not the Alpha and the Omega, the A and the Z of our ministries, then our ministries are a useless mockery to the lives of men.

What lost sinners need is Christ.  What saved sinners need is Christ. Christ alone saves us.  Christ alone sanctifies us.  Christ alone keeps us.  Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  Without Him, there is no going in the way.  Without Him, there is no knowof the truth.  Without Him, there is no living of the life.  Christ is the Light to direct us out of darkness.  Christ is the Rock on which we must build.  Christ is the Refuge to shelter us in the storm.  Christ is the Star to lead us by night.   Christ is the Balm to heal our wounds.  Christ is the Example we must follow.  Christ is the Rule by which we live.  Christ is the motive and inspiration for all godliness, devotion, sacrifice, self-denial.

Rev. 22:13

He is the A and the Z, the first and the last, the beginning and the end of all things.  The covenant of grace begins and ends with Christ.  The whole of creation has its origin in Christ and shall find its consummation in Christ.  Every event of providence comes from Christ and shall glorify Christ.  The entire Volume of Holy Scripture, from beginning to end, speaks of Christ.  And in the salvation of God, Jesus Christ is the beginning, the end, and everything between.

He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord  1 Cor 1:31

from freegrace.net

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 12:15:00 AM »
Then Mary took a pound of fragrant oil—pure and expensive nard—anointed Jesus' feet, and wiped His feet with her hair. So the house was filled with the fragrance of the oil.

Th Alpha and Omega has anointed you that I may wash your feet .

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 09:46:29 AM »
Not something coming here from someplace else; but, "Revelation," an unveiling of something already here.  The veil of the temple was inwrought with cherubim throughout (who work representing the sons of God as a Royal Priesthood until they are manifested.)  The rending of this veil was from top to bottom at Jesus' death.  It is called Jesus' flesh in the book of Hebrews.  The veil hides what is within it, yet simultaneously is itself a revelation.  In those days He walked among us, to see Him was not to know Him.  Of those who spoke with Him face to face, quite a few persisted in their quest to murder Him.

A tree indirectly enters the eye as an image that must be known from even more deeply within.  There must be not only something outward encountered, but a "Revelation" within to recognize Who He is.  Concerning this knowledge of God, which is corroborated by The Book of Revelation, it is displayed in the effects of God's presence and movements rather than directly.  Men may see phenomena and events, yet be unaware what they perceive is the result of God, by Whom anything changes and by Whom everything stays the same.  To describe those effects is an indirect revealing of God.  Yes, there is a union of substances, His Spirit with our spirit in these bodies of humiliation; but, He brings up His children in the way they should go.  There is an eye of understanding and Wisdom is still the principle thing.  His utter lowliness leaves Him hidden, upholding all things.  He is the slave of all in the innermost chamber.
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 01:39:15 PM »
Wow reF! Yes!
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 08:25:11 PM »
..and that's also tied in with the revelation of the sons of God...those hidden in Christ...and we know that He is the

saviour of all men...and as the leavening that a woman 'took and hid' in a lump of flour til all the lump was leavened.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 08:32:07 PM »
  this 'revealing' causes us to know He is the saviour of ALL MEN..and we can leave off the works of

our own hands..AND PRAISE HIM FOR THE WORKS OF HIS .

Having received this revelation of Christ...we then bear fruits of repentance to work a good work of

believing in His son'this is my son in whom I am well pleased,listen to Him" Having been given

the token of the spirit we realize it is not of ourself..but of his spirit..that is the life in us..and knowing

we were dead..we know He is able to raise the dead'resurrect' by HIS SPIRIT..and that the POWER AND GLORY

IS HIS!!!!!!!!!

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 08:54:29 PM »
The revelation of Jesus Christ that was given to John :o)
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 09:15:43 PM »
  this 'revealing' causes us to know He is the saviour of ALL MEN..and we can leave off the works of

our own hands..AND PRAISE HIM FOR THE WORKS OF HIS .

Having received this revelation of Christ...we then bear fruits of repentance to work a good work of

believing in His son'this is my son in whom I am well pleased,listen to Him" Having been given

the token of the spirit we realize it is not of ourself..but of his spirit..that is the life in us..and knowing

we were dead..we know He is able to raise the dead'resurrect' by HIS SPIRIT..and that the POWER AND GLORY

IS HIS!!!!!!!!!

For from Him and Through Him and To Him are all things to whom be the glory forever.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 09:23:37 PM »
..and that's also tied in with the revelation of the sons of God...those hidden in Christ...and we know that He is the

saviour of all men...and as the leavening that a woman 'took and hid' in a lump of flour til all the lump was leavened.

At one time I had lamented that ,
God has not given me the freedom I wish I had.
In the area of understanding the book of Revelations.

He did however, through his spirit show me that I could have as much freedom
as I wanted . That I could use my imagination not worry about offending him.
I n the area of the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Who are Peter and Paul? They are famous for receiving a revelation,
that Jesus was the Christ the Messiah .
Flesh and blood had not revealed this to them.

Peter stood naked and it took him some time to get use to it.
Paul was naked and ran around the world telling every one
that they were naked and only the Blood of Christ could hide there shame.

I have learned so much that my heart and mind had already known .
I am excited and so very hopeful about the revelations of Jesus .

The more I look inside to find my Spirit and consciously allow the Spirit
sent by Jesus to nurture me .
I see very clearly the Manifestation of a son of God.

In me Jesus in me .
The manifestation of the sons of God .

I have more and God has so much more .

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 09:46:02 PM »
beautiful Daj...indeed we come naked into this realm..covered in blood and water from the womb of of our first dawn

in the land of the shadow of death..three bear wittness in Heaven.. and three on earth.....

we come by the water,blood and spirit...He who has the son has life

But the angel said to them'DO NOT BE AFRAID  I BRING YOU GOOD NEWS OF GREAT JOY

THAT WILL BE  FOR   ALL    THE PEOPLE...  TODAY,IN THE TOWN OF DAVID A SAVIOUR HAS

BEEN  BORN TO  YOU!!!!!!![come in flesh! OURS!] HE IS CHRIST THE LORD!!!!!.....

SUDDENLY A GREAT  COMPANY OF THE HEAVENLY HOSTS APPEARED WITH THE ANGEL!!!

PRAISING GOD!!!  SAYING.....GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST! AND ON EARTH PEACE TO MEN!!

ON WHOM HIS FAVOUR RESTS!!!!!

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 10:23:56 PM »
Awesome, awesome, awesome is He!!!  :HeartThrob: :HeartThrob: :HeartThrob:

goodreport

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 02:33:24 AM »
Awesome, awesome, awesome is He!!!  :HeartThrob: :HeartThrob: :HeartThrob:

Yes, indeed!  He is awesome!

Just thought I'd drop in and share a few verses that reveal just how awesome He is - pictures of Christ in Revelation  (Chapter 1)

Christ is "the faithful witness" Rev 1:5   see also Deut 18:15; John 6:14 and many more

Our Savior is "the First Begotten of the Dead" Rev 1:5 see also Heb 9:12; Heb 10:19-22

Our Redeemer is called "the Prince of the Kings of the Earth"  Rev 1:5    see also John 17:2

Christ is "Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and made  us kings and priest unto God"  Rev 1:5-6 

The Son of God says, "I am He that liveth"  Rev. 1:18    (He lives to make intercession for us Heb 7:25

Jesus Christ holds "the keys of Hades and of death"  Rev 1:18  see also 1 Cor 15:51-58....

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 03:03:19 AM »
Many things in physics, math, Bible codes, and aspects of the Bible itself, hint to me that God is multi-layered and multi-dimensional.  I cannot prove it or demonstrate it with proofs, but it is something I suspect.  In revelation/unveiling, God is peeling off layers, or rather, letting us see into deeper layers and higher dimensions.

Being in God's image, we must also be multi-layered and multi-dimensional.  We therefore have much to discover about ourselves as well. :Chinscratch:
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 03:40:59 AM »
I think so too Laz!! Or maybe re-discover. :)

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 07:55:08 PM »
I think so too Laz!! Or maybe re-discover. :)

Yes I like the idea that my discovery of my Spirit, is new to me.
Yet my Spirit may know more than I am conscience of .
When the Holy Spirit reveals something to my Spirit,
 and I become conscience of it .That which the Spirit reveals,
seems to be already known and I get the honor of agreeing. 

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 11:18:24 PM »

Yes I like the idea that my discovery of my Spirit, is new to me.
Yet my Spirit may know more than I am conscience of .
When the Holy Spirit reveals something to my Spirit,
 and I become conscience of it .That which the Spirit reveals,
seems to be already known and I get the honor of agreeing.

This is the knowledge/wisdom which comes with absolute certainty and conviction - that which God speaks directly to you or puts directly into your mind.
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 12:36:14 AM »
YES!!

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 09:07:48 AM »
It is written, "man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God"....."Today if you hear His voice harden not your heart"

Offline marie glen

• Bronze
  • HiS perfect intent? Besides paradise & perfection?
    • Inner Monastery on Blogspot
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 09:04:19 PM »

This is the knowledge/wisdom which comes with absolute certainty and conviction - that which God speaks directly to you or puts directly into your mind.

:2thumbs: Absolutely! Especially that which is His Written Word, or the conviction of the understanding of :cloud9:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:03:34 PM by marie glen »
- Is it written? no repentance after death? if resurrected still in ones sins (2nd Resurrection) will be weeping and wailing? Holy Days - Trumpets, Atonement, Tabernacles prophecy the three peaks of His long 2nd advent? Is weeping & wailing the beginning of the redemptive process? by the end of judgement age, veRy few to cleansing in LOF?
``````````````````````````````````````````````````
- "...aLL things new" Rev21:5 "A new heavens and a new earth" Rev 21:1 - Is 11:7 Micah 4:4 Is 30:25
http://www.bubblews.com/news/9080033 -revelation told in rhyme - 45 days

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2013, 07:37:26 AM »
I agree with this in principle Daj- yet there is an admonition that we ought to try the spirits, sift the revelation(let the prophets speak, two or three, let the others judge......test all things, hold fast that which is good). Many a gem of truth has been elevated beyond its proper scope and become a log in the eye of its holder because of a failure to respect the witness of the body of Christ.

I realize as I say this that much of what calls itself the body of Christ is deadwood cut from the vine and being gathered for burning :o), but I still believe God puts us with "voices and ears" and other "members" so that we don't get carried too far away on a tangent.

Deep calls unto deep at the sound of thy waterfalls.