Author Topic: Rev 2:20  (Read 2126 times)

Offline jugghead

• Snr
Rev 2:20
« on: August 10, 2012, 02:36:53 AM »
As I was reading this verse, the last part jumped out at me; "to eat things sacrificed to idols"

to eat (consume)
sacrificed (to take the life from, drain the life blood from it)
idols (that which is created to worship)

If we apply the Bible, God's written word to this, we consume His word, do we take the life from it (make it dead) do we drain the life blood from it; taking that which gave it life (the Father) and kill the God of love, forgiveness and compassion upon an alter and worship a God of eternal torment (that which was created in the minds of men; so that men can rule over others with fear)?

Just a thought to ponder
Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

Offline shawn

• Bronze
Re: Rev 2:20
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 02:47:33 AM »
Interesting insight.  That is certainly something to ponder.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 03:20:24 AM »
1Cor 8:4 I assume

(1Cor 8:4) Therefore about eating the things sacrificed to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one.

Stricktly speaking Jesus was the Word and a sacrifice drained of blood. But eating it doesn't make it dead. It's more like penicillin.
Does ET kill the Word? I think not because truth can't be killed. Imo, ET isn't the Word at all. Sure ET has some views with Biblical support but the they are totally missing the very heart of the message.
A victorious God that reconciles all with Fatherly love and correction; instead of a faling God of vengance. (They usually call it justice)
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jugghead

• Snr
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 06:42:34 AM »
1Cor 8:4 I assume

(1Cor 8:4) Therefore about eating the things sacrificed to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one.

Stricktly speaking Jesus was the Word and a sacrifice drained of blood. But eating it doesn't make it dead. It's more like penicillin.
Does ET kill the Word? I think not because truth can't be killed. Imo, ET isn't the Word at all. Sure ET has some views with Biblical support but the they are totally missing the very heart of the message.
A victorious God that reconciles all with Fatherly love and correction; instead of a faling God of vengance. (They usually call it justice)

I agree, eating it does not make it dead, it is how it is digested (interpreted, translated) this is what makes it dead

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 06:44:51 AM »
Food also gives life.....
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jugghead

• Snr
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 07:04:58 AM »

Yes, knowledge is food, how it is digested (interpreted/translated) either brings life or brings death and when we speak of what we know (the knowledge we know) we either bring death or life to another.

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 02:33:40 PM »
God, our Father, is a consuming fire.  The food in my body is being consumed with fire that generates a temperature of about 98.6 degrees F.  Jesus says unless we eat His flesh and drink His blood we have no life in us.  When I do His will the energy I use comes from Life's fire consuming my flesh.  As I gradually go through about 13 bodies being replaced during a lifetime, my flesh becomes His flesh as it continues to grow.  I'm eating His flesh and drinking His blood while I do His will.
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 09:21:09 PM »
God, our Father, is a consuming fire.  The food in my body is being consumed with fire that generates a temperature of about 98.6 degrees F.  Jesus says unless we eat His flesh and drink His blood we have no life in us.  When I do His will the energy I use comes from Life's fire consuming my flesh.  As I gradually go through about 13 bodies being replaced during a lifetime, my flesh becomes His flesh as it continues to grow.  I'm eating His flesh and drinking His blood while I do His will.

Interesting, I like it, never thought of it like that :)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 09:45:39 PM »
13 bodies?

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 11:36:01 PM »
24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.  Rev 2

Some in this church are worshipping Satan.

...the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons.  1 Cor 10
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 03:27:38 AM by Molly »

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 01:24:21 PM »
13 bodies?

Our cells are constantly dying and being replaced.  While not abruptly switching from one body to the next, there is a distinct change over, putting off of the older body and replacing it with a new one.  Brain cells and bones are slower to be replaced.  In an average lifetime it is estimated our bodies are renewed about 13 times.
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 03:06:23 PM »
Ha, that. Blood renews ones every 7 year iirc.
(thought brain cells are dying from birth and never are replaced)

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 03:45:05 PM »
So, which one is to be resurrected? or doesn't it apply?

Offline jugghead

• Snr
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 01:00:23 PM »
How I understand it is: it is the resurrection of the Spirit, God's Spirit within us that was buried under the cursed ground of sin in our hearts. And as for our new bodies, they will be made of light that God will give physical substance to. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 04:06:54 PM »
Something physical that we are must either be brought forth from the glory or be brought up into the glory.  This means there must be a portal, a door of entrance or egress.  Our transformation into the image of God is by the Spirit of God as we behold Him.  It is out of glory into glory. (cp., 2 Corinthians 4)

"May His face shine upon you!"

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 04:09:27 AM »

Yes, knowledge is food, how it is digested (interpreted/translated) either brings life or brings death and when we speak of what we know (the knowledge we know) we either bring death or life to another.
   I agree this is how the Tree of Life / firstfruits   of the tree being  the  Wisdom of God would feed the inner man of God as the outward man of sin  perishes  daily

love 1 Corinth 15
 1Cr 15:20  But now is Christ risen from the dead,

[and] become the firstfruits of them that sleptFor since by man [came] death,

by man [came] also the resurrection of the dead.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

But every man in his own order:

Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.   

the seed in itself   being the incorrptible Word of God  , cannot be changed or corrupted

in the very begining we see it Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, [and] the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed [is] in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

and how the tongue  holds that power  in these two  verses  , its not what goes into a man that defiles him its what comes out  of the mouth ...

make the tree good and its fruit good or make the tree  corrupt a tree is known by its fruit  , the firstfruits of Jesus Christ   are the way to the tree of Life always has been   to me anyways

Gen 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Pro 3:18 She [is] a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy [is every one] that retaineth her.

Pro 11:30 The fruit of the righteous [is] a tree of life; and he that winneth souls [is] wise.

Pro 15:4 A wholesome tongue [is] a tree of life: but perverseness therein [is] a breach in the spirit.

Pro 18:21 Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
   the fruit of death  being of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and wages of sin 

or the fruits in Christ who is the tree of Life
  being the power and Wisdom of God

1Cr 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.  
  love thinking on these things again , thanks for the reminder