Discussions Relating to Universal Reconciliation > Book of Revelation

Rev 2:20

(1/4) > >>

jugghead:
As I was reading this verse, the last part jumped out at me; "to eat things sacrificed to idols"

to eat (consume)
sacrificed (to take the life from, drain the life blood from it)
idols (that which is created to worship)

If we apply the Bible, God's written word to this, we consume His word, do we take the life from it (make it dead) do we drain the life blood from it; taking that which gave it life (the Father) and kill the God of love, forgiveness and compassion upon an alter and worship a God of eternal torment (that which was created in the minds of men; so that men can rule over others with fear)?

Just a thought to ponder

shawn:
Interesting insight.  That is certainly something to ponder.

WhiteWings:
1Cor 8:4 I assume

(1Cor 8:4) Therefore about eating the things sacrificed to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one.

Stricktly speaking Jesus was the Word and a sacrifice drained of blood. But eating it doesn't make it dead. It's more like penicillin.
Does ET kill the Word? I think not because truth can't be killed. Imo, ET isn't the Word at all. Sure ET has some views with Biblical support but the they are totally missing the very heart of the message.
A victorious God that reconciles all with Fatherly love and correction; instead of a faling God of vengance. (They usually call it justice)

jugghead:

--- Quote from: WhiteWings on August 10, 2012, 03:20:24 AM ---1Cor 8:4 I assume

(1Cor 8:4) Therefore about eating the things sacrificed to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one.

Stricktly speaking Jesus was the Word and a sacrifice drained of blood. But eating it doesn't make it dead. It's more like penicillin.
Does ET kill the Word? I think not because truth can't be killed. Imo, ET isn't the Word at all. Sure ET has some views with Biblical support but the they are totally missing the very heart of the message.
A victorious God that reconciles all with Fatherly love and correction; instead of a faling God of vengance. (They usually call it justice)

--- End quote ---

I agree, eating it does not make it dead, it is how it is digested (interpreted, translated) this is what makes it dead

WhiteWings:
Food also gives life.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version