Author Topic: Rapture dream  (Read 68483 times)

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
Re: Rapture dream
« Reply #675 on: January 12, 2012, 01:01:15 AM »
What I love about Isaiah 6, is how it reveals the way into mark 16:15. If we are to go and proclaim, we must first "Behold and be broken"

"Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty;
   the whole earth is full of his glory."

A true revelation of God show His holiness as love and the whole earth full of His glory (For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things to whom be the glory forever amen!)

4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.

This revelation "shakes everything that can be shaken" (man's strength) "until only that which cannot be shaken remains"(God's grace)

5 "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."

An acceptable sacrifice, judging no one, because the soul is completely judged(clear through humbled), and completely forgiven, and prepared to love fully.

Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."

The prophetic word(you are all clean because of the word I have spoken to you......born anew by an incorruptible seed unto a fervent love of the brethren) reveals our deliverance as complete forgiveness of complete iniquity and the word of reconciliation arises in us empowered by the Spirit who comes to burn within the acceptable sacrifice.

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"

And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Ha! The perfect law of liberty. The glorious liberty of the sons of God! "Here I am, a living sacrifice, a living epistle of love and grace, a living stone in the house of the Spirit- sned me to invite them into the Glory that is Your Love- the fountain of living waters!

9 He said, "Go and tell this people:

"'Be ever hearing, but never understanding;
   be ever seeing, but never perceiving.'
10 Make the heart of this people calloused;
   make their ears dull
   and close their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
   hear with their ears,
   understand with their hearts,
and turn and be healed."

Only when they see our love, and the Spirit burning upon us, can the cataracts be removed from their eyes-

Today If you HEAR HIS VOICE! Harden not your hearts! LOVE ONE ANOTHER, and so inherit the promised land- and so enter My Rest.

The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #676 on: January 12, 2012, 01:34:08 AM »
 :cloud9: :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Doug

« Reply #677 on: January 12, 2012, 01:19:19 PM »

Today If you HEAR HIS VOICE! Harden not your hearts! LOVE ONE ANOTHER, and so inherit the promised land- and so enter My Rest.

Is this what the promised land is? Lets' see if the idea can be supported in Scripture.

Jesus said, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." [John 13:34-35]

Paul said, "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." [Romans 13:8-10]

The apostle John said, "And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us." [1 John 3:22-24]

Someone said that the law was buried in the ground, but actually, it was written upon the land of promise. [Joshua 8:30-32] The blessings and cursings were read, while half the people stood by mount Gerizim, and half stood by mount Ebal. Possessing the land was connected with keeping the law. And when the people did not keep the law, they were removed from the land of promise, and went into captivity in other lands. And as Paul explained, "love is the fulfilling of the law."

Hebrews 3:7:19 identifies the promised land with something that we need to believe. The Israelites in the wilderness, having heard an evil report from ten of the twelve spies who surveyed the land for 40 days, did not trust God; they viewed themselves as grasshoppers or locusts in comparison to the people dwelling in the land. And so they remained in the wilderness for the rest of their lives, except for Joshua, and Caleb, who both received an inheritance in the land, because they gave a good report. When the time came for Caleb to receive his inheritance in the land, he was given the area near Hebron, which he referred to as a mountain. Caleb said, "Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the LORD spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the LORD will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the LORD said." [Joshua 14:12]

Mountains represent promises of God, which are both high, and durable. Jacob said, when he blessed Joseph, "The blessings of thy father have prevailed above the blessings of my progenitors unto the utmost bound of the everlasting hills: they shall be on the head of Joseph, and on the crown of the head of him that was separate from his brethren." [Genesis 49:26]

The promises and blessing given to Jacob were high, and lofty, because they were spiritual in nature, and also eternal, and so he compared them to the "everlasting hills." The land of promise was clearly a type and a shadow of things to come. They are revealed in the New Testament. Believing those things is represented by possessing the land of promise, and entering into God's rest. The mountains to flee to are not literal, earthly ones, but the spiritual things that those mountains represent.

Doug

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #678 on: January 12, 2012, 02:54:18 PM »
..if thou hath faith the size of a mustard seed...........a mountain[of cursing] thrown into the se a.Note  the new earth[restoration] no more death,no more curse

if you are 'changed' and all things are new....you realize Father has designed this exercize in good and evil for the eternal benefit and educating of His children.

that there is no longer any curse,nor death in the spirit. That Father,who lowered us into this realm,humbled us in the corrupt image of the corruptible,shall

indeed lift us all into the image of the incorruptible.  Indeed,there may be a messenger of satan,appointed to torment us in the flesh..that we not become

conceited due to this revelation...that we are the sons of God sown in corruption[amongst thorns]

first cleanse3 the inside of the cup[spirit/holy of holies, Now the dwelling of God is with men,and He will live with them] then the outside shall also be clean

if we love one another,God lives in us and his love is made complete[whole] in us.     love is the perfect bond of union...love is the perfecting of the saints

dwelling in love is the promised land...the fruitful land,the garden of God,the eternal heaven...the fruitful bough/vine of Joseph that climbs the wall of seperation

that overcomes all things,that is strong as death,that is unyeilding as the grave

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
« Reply #679 on: January 12, 2012, 03:01:25 PM »
you guys are makin' my heart sing this morning  :HeartThrob:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #680 on: January 12, 2012, 03:11:19 PM »
Give Me This Mountain
Joshua 14:6-12
by Lee Henry

Introduction:
Israel has entered the promised land of Canaan and conquered it. Joshua chapter 13-14 lays out how the land was divided among the tribes. In Joshua 14:6 then we see Caleb coming before Joshua with a request. His request recorded in vs. 12 is simple, "give me this mountain." Actually, most modern translations translate it "give me this hill country" because Joshua was not referring to just one mountain but the mountainous country around Hebron. But, "give me this mountain!" sounds better.

Now by what right did Caleb stand before the leader of God's people and demand, "give me this mountain"? Now before we answer that question, let's go back about 45 years and see what was going on. In the book of Exodus we read about the dramatic events that led up to God's deliverance of the nation of Israel out of Egyptian bondage. Then they went into the wilderness where they encountered God on Mount Sinai. They received the commandments of God and built the tabernacle according to God's specifications.

Numbers chapter 10 and following recount the departure of the nation of Israel from Sinai and the events that followed. Now they stand at the border of the promised land. The land which God promised to Abraham and his descendants. But before they enter the land, God instructed them to send 12 men ahead to spy out the land (Numbers 13). They were to select one man from each tribe to go into the land.

Now, if you were going to send one man from your entire tribe to go spy out the land, who would you pick? You would pick the best man you had. I have no doubt that the 12 men that were picked were the strongest, bravest and most reliable men in their tribes. They were the best of the best. The tribe of Ephraim selected Joshua (Hoshea) the son of Nun and the tribe of Judah selected Caleb, the son of Jephunneh. The entire list is in Numbers 13:4-15.

Then in Vss. 17-20 Moses gives them their instructions. So they spied out the land for 40 days and returned to give their report (vss. 27-33). They brought back items from the land that showed it to be incredibly abundant in food and resources. Ten of the spies said, it "flows with milk and honey," BUT . . . there are GIANTS in the land. "We seemed to ourselves like grasshoppers, and so we seemed to them." The ten spies said, it is a wonderful land but we cannot conquer it. The people were in an uproar.

Vs. 30 says, "But Caleb quieted the people before Moses and said, 'Let us go up at once and occupy it, for we are well able to overcome it.'" In spite of Caleb's pleas, the people rebelled against Moses and Aaron and decided to return to Egypt. Joshua and Caleb continued to plead with the people in Num. 14:6-9, not to rebel but instead, trust in God who has promised to give the land to them. The people then turned on Joshua and Caleb and tried to stone them. But then God intervenes. Vs. 10 says, "the glory of the Lord appeared at the tent of meeting to all the people of Israel. God threatens to destroy the entire nation of Israel and start all over with Moses. Only Moses' pleas persuaded God to spare the people.

God then declared that the people would wander in the wilderness for 40 years until everyone in the nation of Israel over the age of 20 had died. But then he makes a startling statement
in vs. 24. "But my servant Caleb because he has a different spirit and has followed me fully, I will bring him into the land into which he went and his descendants shall possess it" Of all the people of the nation of Israel, only Joshua and Caleb were spared.

Now back to Joshua 14. This is why Caleb was able to make such a bold request. God had promised that "mountain" to him 45 years earlier in the wilderness and he was ready to take it. Joshua granted Caleb's request and according to Judges 1:20, Caleb and his people drove
out the Anakim and conquered Hebron and the surrounding hill country that had been promised to him by God so many years earlier.

What contributed to Caleb's success?

I. He possessed a "different spirit." (Num. 14:24) Different from what? How?

As you recall, when the 12 spies came back from Canaan, 10 of them said, it's a great land but we can't take it. At the same time, two of them, Joshua and Caleb said, "Yes we can." God has promised it to us and God never backs out on his promises. One of the reasons Caleb was so confident that the land could be conquered was that he had a "different spirit." What does that mean? The 12 spies had a spirit of fear and trembling. All they saw in the land was GIANTS. All Caleb saw was the beautiful land and the opportunities it represented. Caleb's different spirit was a spirit of courage based on faith.

It is the same spirit which David had in I Sam 17 when he faced Goliath. For days, Goliath had challenged anyone from the Army of Israel to fight all 9 feet of him. Everyone looked at this GIANT and then looked at themselves and like the 10 spies they were "grasshoppers in our own sight." The ten spies were afraid because they compared themselves to the GIANTS and KNEW they could not defeat them. AND THEY WERE RIGHT!

Caleb and David saw the giants and compared them to God and KNEW that with God's help they could defeat them. Caleb's confidence of victory did not come from "the power of positive thinking" or from some glorified and exaggerated sense of self worth, but  from his Faith in God.

Paul may have been thinking of Caleb and David when he told Timothy in II Tim. 1:7 that "God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self control."

2. Caleb followed God fully (Num. 14:24; Deut 1:36))

In this passage and in the parallel passage in Deut. 1:36 God uses this phrase to declare Caleb's complete faithfulness to Him. Josh. 14:9 indicates that God's declaration may have been delivered through Moses. Caleb uses the same phrase in Josh. 14:8 to declare his faithfulness and cite that as a reason why he should be given Hebron and the surrounding hill country. Caleb's dedication to God was complete, unwavering and unending. Jesus declared in Matt. 17:20 that if we have faith the size of a mustard seed, we can move mountains. Caleb's faith did not help him move a mountain but it surely helped him capture one.

3. Caleb was confident of his own strength. (Josh. 14:10-11)

Caleb declares that he is as strong and ready for battle now as he was when he stood with the nation of Israel on the threshold of the promised land 45 years earlier. In his statement, Caleb indicates that his strength did not come from within himself but from the fact that "The Lord has kept me alive . . ." Caleb knew that his strength

and vitality was a gift from God and he gave God all the credit. But Caleb also knew that God would not just hand Hebron to him on a silver platter. Caleb knew that he would have use his God given strength and go out and fight for his inheritance. As some said, Caleb's faith wore work clothes.

4. Caleb was patiently persistent.God made a promise to Caleb that would not be fulfilled for 45 years! All during that time, Caleb never gave up his hope and never gave in to despair. God had promised it. Caleb believed it. That settled it. Caleb did not know when God's promise would be fulfilled but he knew it would some day. For 45 long years filled with hardship and death, Caleb kept himself ready so that whenever God was ready to give the land to him, Caleb would be ready to take it.

Through God's help Caleb was able to conquer the inheritance which God had promised him and take it for his own.

http://www.sermoncentral.com/sermons/give-me-this-mountain-lee-henry-sermon-on-ot-leaders-93459.asp
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 03:20:41 PM by Molly »

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #681 on: January 12, 2012, 03:22:24 PM »
 spiritual giants have been overcome...with their doctrines of fallen angels...hell,eternal burning,condemnation and death and wrath of God..sin is not counted against man

the man of sin was always doomed to destruction[giants] that the sons of God inherit liberty and the eternal promises

the spirit of Christ,that dwelleth in those that beleive has overcome the world[giants/prince of this world]

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #682 on: January 12, 2012, 03:43:13 PM »
The giants are overcome and conquered by Caleb, tribe of Judah, son of Jephunneh,  and Joshua, tribe  of Ephraim, son of Nun.

Here's something kind of strange and interesting.  In numbers 13, Joshua is called Oshea, tribe of Ephraim.

"Oshea"

H1954
הושׁע
hôshêa‛
ho-shay'-ah
From H3467; deliverer; Hoshea, the name of five Israelites: - Hosea, Hoshea, Oshea.

Matthew 21:9
And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.

"Hosanna"

G5614
ὡσαννά
hōsanna
ho-san-nah'
Of Hebrew origin [H3467] and [H4994]; oh save!; hosanna (that is, hoshia-na), an exclamation of adoration: - hosanna.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #683 on: January 12, 2012, 03:47:40 PM »
and He said 'Have no fear,little flock,for I have overcome the world"

Doug

« Reply #684 on: January 12, 2012, 03:53:43 PM »
The story of Caleb has a sequel in the account of his daughter Achsah in Joshua 15:16-19 and in Judges 1:12-15.

Jill Hammer outlined the symbolism in the story. She wrote:

In Judges 1, Achsah marries after a fairy-tale-like episode in which her father promises her to the man who conquers the city of Kiriat-Sefer (City of the Book!). Achsah demands as her dowry a land with "springs of water." The story of Achsah and Otniel, which is told very briefly in Joshua and Judges, is clearly of the genre of fairy tale. The father promises his daughter to the man who conquers a certain city, just as legendary kings promise their daughters to the slayers of dragons, healers of diseases, solvers of riddles. Yet after the young hero receives his bride, she herself demands a gift of her father. The object of the story, the passive "princess," turns out to be an active player after all. The gift she asks for is water: the most obvious symbol of life in a desert environment. Where her father has concerned himself with war, Achsah concerns herself with the continuation of life and civilization.

The Rabbis felt the mythic undertones of this passage. The Talmud claims that Caleb's gift of "upper" and "lower" springs is a metaphor. It means that Caleb gave Achsah Torah learning as well as physical sustenance. The Talmud also ascribes spiritual gifts to Otniel: Otniel restores many of the teachings of Moses that the Israelites have forgotten (BT Terumah 16a). Otniel and Achsah are true conquerors of the City of the Book.

[Jill Hammer. Sisters at Sinai: new tales of biblical women. Jewish Publication Society, 2004. p. 276.]

Land is associated with the Book, and the revelations of God, but the land needs to be watered, to be fertile. This water comes from both wells, and rain from heaven; likewise the truth is found in the deep things in the Scriptures, and by the Spirit from God.

In Jeremiah 2:11-13, God is called "the fountain of living waters." The people of Israel had forsaken God, and hewed out cisterns instead, that could not hold any water.

Joel said a fountain will come from the house of the Lord, and it will water the valley of Shittim. It is where the Israelites camped before entering the promised land. And where they committed whoredom with the Moabite women. This sin has a spiritual meaning in the New Testament; it is connected with following false teachers in 2 Cor. 11:2-3. The fountain from the house of the Lord is spiritual and metaphorical; the same verse says mountains will drop down new wine, and hills will flow with milk. [Joel 3:18]

Zechariah wrote of a fountain that cleanses from sin. [Zechariah 13:1]

Living water flows from Jerusalem, in Zechariah 14:8. This is a metaphor of the gospel going forth from the church, the heavenly Jerusalem.

Jesus said he is the source of the living water, which represents the Spirit.

John 7:37-39
On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.
Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them."
By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified

Doug

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #685 on: January 12, 2012, 04:01:47 PM »
the multitudes that went before[before Christ come to earth] and those that come after[He come in flesh]

Songs    who is this that appears like the dawn,fair as the moon,majestic as the stars in procession.

the little children[LITTLE FLOCK] were partakers of flesh,and so too, He come in like manner

we must realize the all encompassing scope of the work of Our Father's hands through His son.  The Lamb slaIN BEFORE THE FOUNDING OF THE WORLD

SOWN IN WEAKNESS,HE DELIVERS US FROM THOSE STRONGER THAN US

iSREAL[ALL MANKIND RAISED UP IN cHRIST] IS MY FIRSTBORN SON[MAJESTIC AS THE STARS IN PROCESSION/ABRAHAM'S SEED AS NUMEROUS AS STARS]

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #686 on: January 12, 2012, 04:02:43 PM »
Hoshea-na!

I pray for God's salvation

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #687 on: January 12, 2012, 04:09:41 PM »
The two tribes Judah and Ephraim are bound together in this story of overcoming.

But why is the Christ figure [Joshua] associated with the tribe of Ephraim, when we know Christ himself is tribe of Judah?

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #688 on: January 12, 2012, 04:13:04 PM »
 :cloud9: Amen and amen.....new heaven (mind of Christ); new earth (glorified body/promised "land). And it comes in that order, too. The new heavens are created with fire, the fire of the Holy Ghost given on the day of Pentecost. The HG then goes about creating a body (glorified) that He can lay His Head on.

What temple shall ye make Me? Answer: NONE. The HG does the works, creating a city (multiple habitations of Him) made without hands. My  :2c: Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #689 on: January 12, 2012, 04:24:24 PM »
mOLLEY

i THINK IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE DOUBLE PORTION OF jOSEPH...HIS TWO SONS COUNTED AS iSRAEL. AND TWO BORN OF RACHAEL

OF WHICH BENJAMIN RECEIVED 5 TIMES PORTION OF FOOD. JOSEPH FIRSTBORN OF THE LOVED WIFE,BENJAMIN LASTBORN OF THE LOVED WIFE

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #690 on: January 13, 2012, 02:54:34 AM »

God then declared that the people would wander in the wilderness for 40 years until everyone in the nation of Israel over the age of 20 had died. But then he makes a startling statement
in vs. 24. "But my servant Caleb because he has a different spirit and has followed me fully, I will bring him into the land into which he went and his descendants shall possess it" Of all the people of the nation of Israel, only Joshua and Caleb were spared.

Now back to Joshua 14. This is why Caleb was able to make such a bold request. God had promised that "mountain" to him 45 years earlier in the wilderness and he was ready to take it. Joshua granted Caleb's request and according to Judges 1:20, Caleb and his people drove
out the Anakim and conquered Hebron and the surrounding hill country that had been promised to him by God so many years earlier.

What contributed to Caleb's success?

I. He possessed a "different spirit." (Num. 14:24) Different from what? How?

Rom 12:1-3  Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.  (2)  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.  (3)  For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.

Tit 3:5-7  Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;  (6)  Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; (7)  That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Eph 3:14-21  For this reason I bow my knees before the Father,  (15)  from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name,  (16)  that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man,  (17)  so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love,  (18)  may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,  (19)  and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.  (20)  Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,  (21)  to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

Those who believe that this is their inheritance in Christ, "confomed to the image of the son of God"....."filled up to all the fulness of God"....."unto a mature man, unto the measure of the stature of the son of God".....     They are demanding that mountain..... "command ye me the works of my hands"..... "for you have come unto Zion, and unto the heavenly Jerusalem"....

Hebron means "place of association". It was the place where Israel first gathered to David and he was crowned king there and ruled 7 years. It was the beginning of "kingdom". Moses and judges were "Foundations". The law is a "tutor" to lead us to Christ. Christ is David...."Kingdom". The kingdom begins when "oneness/koinonea" ascends as a cloud of love among the brethren. Then the Lord conquers, as we walk in the spirit, abiding in peace.

"Above all things preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace"

The beginning of "kingdom" is "communion". When we gather as one under our Head, our King, our David, "that you may be one even as I and the Father  are one, I in the Father and the Father in me"... This is the mountain of the Lord, "In the last days they will say come let us go to the mountain of the Lord to learn His ways"....

Jerusalem, "double peace", peace in the inner man and the outer man(no double mind- love rules)- "The place of the dwelling of the soles of my feet"......"Sit thou at my right hand while I make your enemies a footstool for your feet"..."How beautiful upon the mountain tops are the feet of them who bring good news of glad tidings".....

Luk 2:10-14  And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.  (11)  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.  (12)  And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.  (13)  And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,  (14)  Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Moving from Babylon to Jerusalem is moving from strife to union/communion, ascending the holy hill of the Lord, "I dwell in the high and holy place and with the one who is of a broken and a contrite heart".

Here is the pathway from Babylon("confusion by mixture") to Jerusalem.

Jas 3:12-18  Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.  (13)  Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.  (14)  But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.  (15)  This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.  (16)  For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.  (17)  But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.  (18)  And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace(sons).

The giants are in us. They "possess the land". We cannot enter because we are afraid to trust God and do not know that our deliverance is steadfast and our inheritance well secured. We are so busy trying to "conquer" and demonstrate that we know something and are "somebody" that we do not see the glory of God departing as we bicker and test one another. Babes, little children- good thing the blood is sufficient for our indiscretions before Him and towards one another in His presence.

Rapture is described in Acts 2

These men are not drunk as ye suppose, for it is but the third hour of the day. This is that which was prophesied by the prophet Joel.........

The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who is given to us(Romans 5:5)

I give you a new commandment.......love one another.

The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #691 on: January 13, 2012, 03:50:27 AM »
....and I saw a new heaven and a new earth.........Amen

Doug

« Reply #692 on: January 13, 2012, 05:11:51 PM »

The giants are in us. They "possess the land". We cannot enter because we are afraid to trust God and do not know that our deliverance is steadfast and our inheritance well secured. We are so busy trying to "conquer" and demonstrate that we know something and are "somebody" that we do not see the glory of God departing as we bicker and test one another. Babes, little children- good thing the blood is sufficient for our indiscretions before Him and towards one another in His presence.

In the account of the Israelites in the wilderness, ten of the twelve spies who surveyed the land for 40 days brought back an evil report, which prevailed over the report of Joshua and Caleb, who encouraged the people to trust God. The ten Israelite spies discounted the power of God to overcome the enemies. They were unwilling to trust something they could not see. They saw themselves as grasshoppers, in comparison to the people who occupied the land.

When we consider the 40 days that the spies surveyed the land, what kind of survey would that have been? It can only be called a rather superficial one. It did not span any more than one season, probably fall, as they brought back some fruit; but it was just a fleeting glimpse, and it would hardly be possible for the twelve spies to travel to all parts of the country. Their 40 day tour corresponds to the superficial view that many have towards the Bible.

The Israelites spent 40 years in the wilderness, the better part of a lifetime, in consequence of their belief in a report based on a survey that took 40 days.

Paul said all the things that happened to the Israelites in the wilderness occurred for our examples.

1 Corinthians 10:11-12
Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

The wilderness Revelation 12:6, and 14 where the woman has a place prepared by God, and where she is fed, seems to represent the church in a state of not yet dwelling in the land of promise, but as en route to the land, the promised inheritance.

In the history of the church, many individuals have commented upon and tried to interpret the prophecies of the Scriptures. They were often men who had a partial understanding of the scriptures.

Like the giants dwelling in Canaan, who possessed small parts of the land, many of them understood some parts of the Gospel, and the Scriptures, but erred in others. Marcion is an example; he excluded all but the teachings of Paul.

We can think of other church fathers, and men like Augustine, Jerome, Thomas Aquinas, John Calvin, Martin Luther, and other Reformers, critical scholars, famous preachers and evangelists, founders of denominations and sects, authors of commentaries, etc. Each of them influenced others who came after, some to a greater, and some to a lesser extent. They were men of normal stature, but they are "giants" in a spiritual sense, by their influence, or their gifts, insights, or by the magnitude of their errors. Lactantius, who promoted Millennialism, also denied the existence of the antipodes, where men walked "with their feet higher than their heads."

They were spiritual "giants" in respect to their theories, and interpretations, that influence our thinking about the Bible, sometimes in ways that hinder us from understanding it properly, and believing its message. The "isms" that relate to prophecy include futurism, preterism, idealism, premillennialism, postmillennialism, amillennialism, dispensationalism, Zionism, etc. Prophetic revelations are generally only partly understood.

Entering the "rest" that the saints are promised requires labour. [Hebrews 4:9] According to the promise of Jesus, God will lead the saints into the truth, just as the Israelites of old had the promise of the land. Jesus promised his disciples: "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." The promise of possessing the land of Canaan in the Old Testament is reinterpreted in the New. "But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly..." [Hebrews 11:16] It corresponds to understanding the truth of the gospel, and receiving the promised inheritance of the saints, which is spiritual in nature.

An idea that prevails today is that no one can really be sure that any particular interpretation or understanding of Scripture is true. Since the expert scholars, authors of commentaries, authorities, all differ in their views, how can any one of us know for sure? Such a view discounts the holy Spirit that is given to the saints. It is not based upon faith, but upon unbelief. This approach compares to the Israelites who wandered for 40 years in the wilderness, because of their gut reaction to a report based on a survey lasting for 40 days. They considered themselves locusts in comparison to the "giants" in the land, and those "giants" remained unchallenged for all of the 40 years. The same applies to generations of Christians in denominations and sects, who follow the teachings of men. People tend to accept the beliefs of the families in which they are born. They are unwilling to question, or challenge the "giants" who originated the teachings they inherit. The prophet Joel describes a great army in the day of the Lord under the figure of a locust plague. [Joel 2:1-11]

In Hebrews, the saints are encouraged to labor to enter into "rest," which does not refer to getting to heaven, but believing and understanding the word of God. "Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." [Hebrews 4:11-12]

Doug

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #693 on: January 13, 2012, 05:44:27 PM »
Beautiful discourse!

Israel on the march,in love and truth..........the armies of heaven were following Him,riding on white horses,,dressed in fine linen,white and clean

FAITHFUL AND TRUE

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #694 on: January 13, 2012, 05:47:17 PM »

The King is in the House.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #695 on: January 14, 2012, 05:52:08 AM »
And the "labor" that we diligently do in order to enter that rest, the promised rest?

If any man would be my disciple, let him take up his cross daily and come, follow me.

I live, yet not I, but Christ lives in me, and the life I live in the flesh I live by the faith of the son of God.

Come, all you that labor and are heavy laden, take my yoke upon you and learn of me(be discipled by me), for I am meek and lowly of heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #696 on: January 14, 2012, 07:17:49 AM »

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #697 on: January 14, 2012, 03:31:26 PM »
 :cloud9: Amen.... :thumbsup:

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #698 on: January 17, 2012, 07:51:10 PM »
i TELL YOU A SECRET,CHILDREN...THE g i ANTS ARE NOTHING BUT THOSE WHOSE GOD IS THEIR BELLY.....DUE TO PASS OUT INTO THE SEWER

[THEY WILL EAT POISON AND NOT BE HARMED] TWO NATIONS ARE IN YOUR BELLY   pHPNS 3;19

rEVELATIONS OF 10; 'gO,TAKE THE SCROLL THAT LIES OPEN IN THE HAND OF THE ANGEL WHO IS STANDING ON THE SEA AND THE LAND.

SO i WENT TO THE ANGEL AND ASKED HIM TO GIVE ME THE LITTLE SCROLL[REMNANT]  hE SAID TO ME   TAKE IT AND EAT IT.iT WILL TURN YOUR STOMACH SOUR,

BUT IN YOUR MOUTH IT WILL BE AS SWEET AS HONEY[G.I. ANTS LOVE HONEY][SEE TEST OF JEALOUSY..BITTER SWOLLEN BELLY

tHEN i WAS TOLD,  'YOU MUST PROPHECY AGAIN,ABOUT MANY PEOPLES,NATIONS,LANGUAGES AND KINGS

oNLY THE SPIRIT OF cHRIST IN YOU/REVELATION OF CHRIST CAN OPEN THE LITTLE SCROLL THAT WAS SEALED

PROVERBS 6;6   GO TO THE ANT,YOU SLUGGARD; CONSIDER IT'S WAYS AND BE WISE  IT HAS NO COMMANDER,NO OVERSEER OR RULER

YET IT STORES IT'S PROVISIONS IN SUMMER AND GATHERS ITS FOOD AT HARVEST...[EVEN THOSE WHOSE GOD IS THEIR BELLY EXTEND THEMSELVES FOR

THE THINGS THEY TREASURE/THE EARTHLY,SENSUAL AND DEVILISH]   HOW MUCH MORE SHOULD WE LABOUR FOR THE TRUE RICHES!!

BELEIVE AND DO WHAT jESUS SAID!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #699 on: January 17, 2012, 10:31:10 PM »
 :cloud9: Beautiful post..... :thumbsup: