Author Topic: Prophecy  (Read 438497 times)

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • sinner saved by grace
Re: Prophecy
« Reply #975 on: November 08, 2012, 09:57:54 AM »
That's how I understand it. 

I had another little thought;  He saved me, He saves me, He will save me.    :Peace2:
The oldest known manuscripts agree with each other 99% of the time.  The scriptures, accurately translated, Spirit revealed - reliable.   Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.  Heb. 12:2

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #976 on: November 08, 2012, 02:24:14 PM »
Jabcat said.
"I had another little thought;  He saved me, He saves me, He will save me. "

That's what I would say if someone asked me how salvation works.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #977 on: November 08, 2012, 04:50:05 PM »
t.thinking of Him saying to His church..you have a name that you are alive..but you are dead...........

I believe it is whether it is of His spirit or not..if you are called of Him..and baptized of Him....

I think men have alter calls of their own...that have nothing to do with God calling a man out........

I believe the wheat/tares parable teaches this......wheat being a genuine planting[spiritual] of the Lord

and tares being an imitation[religious observance]

Further evidenced with John the Baptist call.....'who showed you?"

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #978 on: November 08, 2012, 05:26:02 PM »
   I am the good shepherd...'I know my sheep..and my sheep 'know' me

He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out............

the adversary 'calls' it's own men...they don't 'know' the voice of the good shepherd...........

they are 'wolves' in sheep's clothing..men that have not the spirit=godless men

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth
« Reply #979 on: November 08, 2012, 05:29:52 PM »
Jabcat said.
"I had another little thought;  He saved me, He saves me, He will save me. "

That's what I would say if someone asked me how salvation works.

Absolutely :o) An ongoing process. Begun when we are born from above, but what are we born into?

2Th 2:13  But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

Chosen to a process of progressive sanctification, deliverance from the old nature as we walk in/abide in the new nature. Renewing f the mind. Transformation.

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.
(Rom 8:28-30)

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 05:38:03 PM by eaglesway »
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. http://www.hell-is-a-myth.webs.com/

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth
« Reply #980 on: November 08, 2012, 05:44:59 PM »
Pretty much the same page - with this addition.  I do know and see many people who love the Lord, are growing in Him, having the fruit of the Spirit in their lives.  And most of them have never heard of UR or participated on a Christian discussion forum.   :grouppray:

Works do not INITIATE or MAINTAIN our faith, they testify that it is REAL.

:nod:

Of course. I don't think I said anything about the salvation of people - I was speaking about their knowledge of what full salvation is, and what the purposes of God are. Of course this impacts their understanding of His nature, but yes, I have met many people who love the Lord but their understanding is unfruitful in certain areas. I have been one of them myself- for many years :o)

The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. http://www.hell-is-a-myth.webs.com/

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth
« Reply #981 on: November 08, 2012, 06:34:39 PM »
"I never knew you"

Doesn't that mean there was no personal relationship with Jesus?  And, doesn't it tell us that a personal relationship with him is the most important thing of all?

I think when Jesus said he never KNEW them I think it meant He never had intimate fellowship with them, never had full communion with them. I think this is the state of MANY people who think they are "saved" because of a prayer they prayed, or an event they experienced, or a church they go to, and it is perpetuated by a view of the salvation of man that revolves around theology rather than a way of life- a road.

Joseph KNEW Mary, and they had another child- same word. I think it is more along those lines- but I'll grant that that is debatable.

But even if I give that point up and say OK- they never had a relationship with Jesus at all- THEY THOUGHT THEY DID! And why was that? What was it that perpetuated that blindness?

The traditions of men make the word of God of no effect.

This explanation of the judgment of God by Jesus tells us what God regards. It is a perfect parallel with the parable of the good Samaritan. It tells us their knowing/ or not knowing of Him was revealed- not by the works they did IN HIS NAME, but rather, the acts of kindness they did from the heart for those in need. Therefore, IMO what that means is- many thought they knew Him but didn't, and God judged their works "as evidence" of it.

"Wide is the road that leads to destruction and many are on it." THIS IS NOT ABOUT HEAVEN AND HELL and never was. The narrow gate is about DELIVERANCE FROM THE RAVAGES OF DEATH and how we get FREE IN AIONIOS ZOE/LIFE. Many are on a road to death but think they are on a road to life.

1 Corinthians 3:15 clearly states there will be believers saved, "but as through fire". I think they are the ones of who Jesus speaks.

Like the parable of the servant who buried His talent. He RECEIVED the talent. But he revealed that He did not know(understand the divine nature of, commune with) the Lord, "I knew you were a hard man reaping where you did not sow, so I buried my talent in the ground. Here, have back what you gave me as it was when you gave it to me". Again the same answer, "Take the unprofitable servant and cast him into outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

"To the one who has, more shall be given, to the one who has not, even that which he has shall be taken away"

Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
(1Co 15:1-2)

These words raise all kinds of questions with our systematic theology. But I don't mind questioning our traditions because we know that in the end, ALL ARE SAVED(healed, delivered, made whole). In this age God is choosing a priesthood for the ages to come- that's why all the emphasis on GOOD AND BAD STEWARDS. PROFITABLE AND UNPROFITABLE SERVANTS. WORKS AND THE JUDGMENT OF GOD.

If any man does not pick up his cross daily and come follow me, HE CANNOT BE MY DISCIPLE. So, "to believe" means to PICK UP ONE'S CROSS? Can one "believe"(another religiously corrupted word along with "saved") and NOT PICK IT UP? Or would that person have RECEIVED, but BELIEVED IN VAIN? So, if believing and picking up one's cross are the same- what IS picking up one's cross?

Sorry, I am not trying to be contentious- I am just trying to shake the tree of our RELIGIOUS PERCEPTIONS  and THEOLOGICAL PRECONCEPTIONS in hopes that a deeper understanding falls out :o) Peace, John

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 06:39:14 PM by eaglesway »

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #982 on: November 08, 2012, 07:55:16 PM »
Also, I've got a question for you.  Did you just one day decide you were "saved", or was there more to it than that?

If so, what?  From some of the things you've been saying lately, I'm curious.

Also, as far as your above post;  disagreeing with you is not the same thing as not "hearing".  By the grace of God, I am not "one" with the world.  If you are, I'd suggest that's something to reconsider.    "...such WERE some of you.."

Do you read the scriptures?

Blessings.

Also, I've got a question for you.  Did you just one day decide you were "saved", or was there more to it than that?
Yes I awoke one morning saved. The details are to intimate and precious
for me to share with you at this time

Also, as far as your above post;  disagreeing with you is not the same thing as not "hearing".  By the grace of God, I am not "one" with the world.  If you are, I'd suggest that's something to reconsider.    "...such WERE some of you.."

God has written on my heart and in my mind that I will be all in all with every person
I meet, talk to, or post to .

There is only a them and us  mentality if you look back wards.

I read some where when you look back you turn to a pillar of salt.

Do you read the scriptures?I eat meat.

You  would only ask some one else if they read scriptures.
If you felt comfortable and may be a little pride in the fact that you read scriptures
at a verily deep level.

If that is the case answer me this from scriptures.

When Jesus said this
You are of your father the Devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he speaks from his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of liars.

1) Was it a figure of speech ?
2) when to you suppose the devil became their father.
3) is every one a child of Satan until we are adopted by Jesus
4) were we Gods children and then he put us up for adoption and Satan adopted us
and then God rebirthed us.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth
« Reply #983 on: November 08, 2012, 08:16:14 PM »
"us and the mentality"

This is terminology, that doesnt actually communicate well.

Jesus used the words, "Father forgive THEM THEY don't know what they are doing". There was no "mentality" there but this....

"Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus, who thought equality with God not a thing to be manipulated to His own advantage but emptied Himself taking on the form of a servant, humbling Himself and becoming obedient to the point of death on a cross"

Let this attitude be in you that was in Messiah Jesus...........

You see, it is about attitude, not terminology.

Among them to you all were......UNTIL???????

Until the grace of God dawned within your heart and you saw Jesus through the eye of faith and said, to yourself and Father..."I want to be like HIM".

Father, I pray that they may be one, even as you and I are one.....

Little children, love one another.

I came not to judge the world, but that the world might be saved(healed,delivered,made whole,set free) through me.

If I see "them", it is through the eye of Messiah's love, and the desire that "they" would see Him and be healed.

"Upon this mountain I will remove the veil that covers the nations"

If I see "us" it is so that "we" may lay down our lives, one for another, so that "they" can see Him in us and be healed, as we have been- if we ARE healed, let the oil roll down the head and even upon the beard of Aaron, that dew of brethren dwelling together in unity.

Have this mind/attitude which was in Messiah Jesus..........and if in anything you are "otherwise minded" God will also show that to you.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • sinner saved by grace
« Reply #984 on: November 08, 2012, 08:37:46 PM »

Do you read the scriptures?

Blessings.

Yes I awoke one morning saved. The details are to intimate and precious
for me to share with you at this time

God has written on my heart and in my mind that I will be all in all with every person
I meet, talk to, or post to .

There is only a them and us  mentality if you look back wards.

I read some where when you look back you turn to a pillar of salt.

Do you read the scriptures?I eat meat.

You  would only ask some one else if they read scriptures.
If you felt comfortable and may be a little pride in the fact that you read scriptures
at a verily deep level.

If that is the case answer me this from scriptures.

When Jesus said this
You are of your father the Devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he speaks from his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of liars.

4) were we Gods children and then he put us up for adoption and Satan adopted us

Your judgment of me, once again, is incorrect.  I ask you if you read the scriptures because I honestly can't tell from much of what you say, as much of it seems to contradict what they say.   Maybe it's just your own interpretation that's often so apparent.  We all have some of that, some more than others.

I also find that most people are more than glad to share their experience of being brought to the Savior.  But that's obviously your choice if you keep it to yourself.

Have a wonderful day.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:43:08 PM by jabcat »
The oldest known manuscripts agree with each other 99% of the time.  The scriptures, accurately translated, Spirit revealed - reliable.   Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.  Heb. 12:2

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • sinner saved by grace
« Reply #985 on: November 08, 2012, 08:44:56 PM »
"us and the mentality"

This is terminology, that doesnt actually communicate well.

Jesus used the words, "Father forgive THEM THEY don't know what they are doing". There was no "mentality" there but this....

Agreed John.  It can be a poor choice of words.  What I've most often found though, is people who use the term truly don't understand (or accept?) what the scriptures teach about it.  Someone who's had a spiritual new birth by the grace and mercy of God are no longer one with the world.  Though loving the world and the lost (as we once all were) and willing to be loving towards them, respectful, and spend time with them for the sake of sharing the Savior, light and darkness can no longer blend or "fellowship" (Jesus' words).  Many scriptural references. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:48:56 PM by jabcat »

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth
« Reply #986 on: November 08, 2012, 09:17:22 PM »
Yet Jesus ate and drank with sinners, was called a glutton and a drunkard for it, and was the friend of sinners.

We cannot have fellowship with darkness- we can have fellowship with the unenlightened. Simple friendship is often the best way to win souls :o)

Jesus was a 'holy man' and they knew it- but He loved them, and they knew that too.

He didnt judge them in it. I can find no place in the scriptures where Jesus declares judgment against anyone other than the judges.

My personal belief is that God has so written the word that anyone can hang themselves in it.

If people want to find a way to use the word of God to allow themselves to play with sin......they will.

If people want to use the word of God to bring judgment before the time, they will do that also- and that is sin.

It will all come out in the wash on the Day God judges the secrets of our hearts through Jesus Christ.

"I am He that tries the reigns and the hearts" you know, eyes like flames of fire, face shining like the sun in its strength LOL

Mat 11:19  "The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children".

Wisdom is justified by her children. The wise know where the Lord is and abide therein. The unwise are always exceeding their parameters- making confident statements about things they barely understand,

Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Who has been His counselor?
Who has given to Him that He should repay?

Not me :o)

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • sinner saved by grace
« Reply #987 on: November 08, 2012, 09:43:48 PM »
Yep, yep, yep.  :)

We can't just love them from a distance, amen.  There is just a built-in sort of separation, I guess it's spiritual, the Holy Spirit working..God talks about a separate people.  I certainly don't take that to mean haughty, or proud, or "better than", or "you're filthy/I'm clean".   That's a wrong, Pharaseic (sp?) attitude.  I'll admit it, I've had before, but that's not what I believe the scriptures are teaching.  I believe they're teaching the "peculiarity" of being different from the world - HOWEVER the Holy Spirit works in each believer to separate them out for His bride.  It can be misused and misunderstood - in either direction, IMO.  One way, trying to maintain carnality and blending in with the world in every way, or on the other side, separating oneself in pride and arrogance to the point of avoiding the lost and basically becoming of little purpose (salt, light, all that).  Each of us stands or falls before God.   :2c:    :icon_flower:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • sinner saved by grace
« Reply #988 on: November 08, 2012, 09:47:35 PM »
t.thinking of Him saying to His church..you have a name that you are alive..but you are dead...........

I believe it is whether it is of His spirit or not..if you are called of Him..and baptized of Him....

I think men have alter calls of their own...that have nothing to do with God calling a man out........

I believe the wheat/tares parable teaches this......wheat being a genuine planting[spiritual] of the Lord

and tares being an imitation[religious observance]

Further evidenced with John the Baptist call.....'who showed you?"

:thumbsup:

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #989 on: November 08, 2012, 10:30:23 PM »
and the angels said'Lord,should we pull up the tares...and He said 'Nay,lest ye uproot the wheat with the tare

let them both grow togather unto the harvests'

sometimes there are 8 tares surrounding a wheat..Luke 11;26[the wicked encompass the righteous...

therefore justice does not go forth].

I believe we all individually have our own 'tares'..and I believe all men are the wheat..the Love of God

for man being the 'seed' of it[wheat] the tares can be a spirit of pride rebelliousness,blindness deafness

hate,strife etc

I can't help but think of the jewish Chriians and the gentile christians....and their working out relations

with one another in worship...with what we are dealing with..I think there are similarities..we have

people hearingof the salvation of all..wh o do not have a familiar background with criptures..... they are

laying hold of salvation of all mankind through Christ...because they LOVE MUCH THEY ARE FORGIVEN

MUCH....

Some anoint His head..some His feet..some do not even give Him water for His feet...though they spread

a meal before Him......some beat him..crucify Him.

I am convinced of this though...that how I treat peopleis very very important...He has a way of coming

at an hour we do not expect :eek:   I never want to beat  a fellow servant..

what wouldI reply to Him?  actually we who have 'more?" understanding are more accountable than those

who don't   I keep hearing..whatever you do or not to one of these least ones you do or not to me....Matt 5;19

whoever  breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same is 'least'

in the kingdom of heaven...BUT  how we treat these 'least' that are in error    IS VERY IMPORTANT

Love compels us to instruct 'according to accurate knowledge' whether they receive it or not..but

at the very least we speak of it..reason if tolerated..but when they reject it..it is not to our account

God will save all mankind..from sin and death..but that does not mean sin is not sin with all it's

consequences..or that sin is right.

well I'm running on.......

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #990 on: November 08, 2012, 10:44:50 PM »
 :HeartThrob: Keep running Sheila! :)
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #991 on: November 08, 2012, 11:45:44 PM »

Yes if we look backwards to before Jesus said it is finished there was an us and them.

Father, I pray that they may be one, even as you and I are one.....

God answered the prayer and made us all one.
The only way you can be one is if you believe you are one.

No us or them just one.
Just one on a journey with the one mind God gave each of us.

The one mind that can be trained to be one with them and us.
IMO there is no us and them.
there is just me and you on a journey sharing the mind of Christ.

If you are a tyrant that makes me tyrant.
If you are in relationship with Christ and have the mind of Christ so do I.

There just simply said is no them or us while looking forward.
There is only a them and us in the past.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • sinner saved by grace
« Reply #992 on: November 09, 2012, 01:26:47 AM »
Thank you for not carrying on the pettiness and insulting.  It's much better to discuss the scriptures and their meanings and applications as best we can understand them and as it's revealed.

You may not believe it as I do, and that's not up to me.  But I 'm trying to show what I think I see the scriptures say, attempting to rightly divide them.   As I see it, the "looking back" thing would have to exclude Paul, after the cross.  Because as sheila posted numerous scrips from Paul, he made very clear distinctions between believers and unbelievers, talked about separation of the two, although we are also certainly to interact with,  to love, witness, and pray for them.   :2c:

Re: "everyone is one", and the reference to Jesus' prayer;  I believe Jesus was praying for the 12 who were in His presence at the time, and is the context of the verse - that they [the 12 He was sending forth] would be one.  Then He prayed for those who would hear the 12 and believe, that they would be one.  Then He went further and made a distinction between believers and unbelievers. 

Jesus Prays for His Disciples

6 "I have revealed you to [Group 1] those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. 9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.

Jesus Prays for All Believers

20 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for   [Group 2, believers]   those who will believe in me through their [the 12] message, 21 that all of them may be one, Then  [Group 3, unbelievers]  the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me..though the world does not know you..."

I don't see anywhere here where Jesus combines believers and unbelievers as one.

Paul then says much about believers and the world/unbelievers, and how the ekklesia should approach that.  Then of course, Paul talks about the reconciliation of ALL...in the next age, the age to come.

I'll pray for blessings upon you.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 08:54:04 AM by jabcat »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #993 on: November 09, 2012, 07:00:45 PM »
A list of companies projecting future layoffs because of Obamacare.  A lot of them are high tech medical companies. Hospitals defense companies, manufacturing companies.  I feel like crying.  Would somebody please tell me why we just destroyed ourselves?  Why? Why?

Mourning in America - Here's Those Layoffs We Voted For Last Night

http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/grusbf5/good-morning-america-heres-those-layoffs-you-voted

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #994 on: November 09, 2012, 07:15:09 PM »
Please be honest

I ask you if you read the scriptures because I honestly can't tell from much of what you say, as much of it seems to contradict what they say.

Jabcat why can’t we have an honest disscusion as a moderator I thought you be able to
with out getting your feelings hurt.

Instead you say you think I’m some kind of scriptural illiterate.
I have dedicated years to scriptural memory .
As paul was forced to brag about being a Jew .
I challenge you to go to a down town street corner in the afternoon
and quote the book of Isaiah and have some one put it on you tube.

For the sake of my scriptural well being could you please post the unscriptural
things I have said and the scriptures that prove what I said was unscriptural.

Also if there are any other moderators you believe we can have open and honest discussions about whether.

Is having a THEM or US mentality or attitude  scripturally or spiritually sound ?

I seemed spiritual compelled to eliminate that which separates.

I asked Jabcat to comment on this verse

Jesus said this .
     You are of your father the Devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he speaks from his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of liars.

He was clearly describing a separation did he close that separation on the cross   

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #995 on: November 09, 2012, 07:30:37 PM »
'I DON'T SEE ANYWHERE HERE WHERE JESUS COMBINES BELIEVERS AND UNBELIEVERS AS ONE

ROMANS 9;21 DOES NOT THE POTTER HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE OF THE SAME LUMP

OF CLAY[ALL HUMANITY AS CLAY VESSELS]

,SOME POTTERY FOR NOBLE PURPOSE AND SOME FOR COMMON USE

WHAT IF GOD,CHOOSING TO SHOW HIS WRATH AND MAKE HIS POWER KNOWN[FEET OF CLAY

MIXED WITH IRON] BORE WITH GREAT PATIENCE THE OBJECT OF HIS WRATH-PREPARED FOR

DESTRUCTION?  wHAT IF HE DID THIS TO MAKE THE RICHES OF HIS GLORY KNOWN TO THE OBJECTS

OF HIS MERCY.....AS HE SAYS IN HOSEA   I ILL CALL THEM MY PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT MY PEOPLE

[THE PURPOSE OF GOD'S PATIENCE IS TO BRING TO REPENTANCE..THE PURPOSE OF ANY WRATH OF

GOD IS TO DESTROY THAT WHICH DESTROYS/ABOMINATION..IN ORDER THAT HE MAY RESTORE/NOBLE USE

WE ARE ALL ONE IN THIS WAY...BOUND OVER TO SIN/DEATH SUBJECTED TO VANITY

TO BE SET FREE IN CHRIST FROM SUCH BINDING

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #996 on: November 09, 2012, 07:35:41 PM »
Thank you for not carrying on the pettiness and insulting

These are words of provocation.
I do not believe you were grateful to me

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #997 on: November 09, 2012, 07:46:33 PM »
Or has the potter no right over the clay, to make from the same lump one piece of pottery for honor and another for dishonor?

I believe I am that same lump of clay.
Part of me was made for dishonor ( my flesh carnal mind)
Part of me was made for honor ( soul, my spirit all the eternal parts of me)

I believe that each one of us is separated from them selves.
But we are all the same .
Just in different phases of God separating our selves from our selves.   

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • sinner saved by grace
« Reply #998 on: November 09, 2012, 07:54:07 PM »
I'm not going to continue trying to rebutt your assumptions and judgments of my intent, thoughts, and attitude. I thought I was discussing real issues, but I don't want to just keep going in circles.  Maybe we just can't communicate with each other well.  It happens.    Take care.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #999 on: November 09, 2012, 07:59:35 PM »
i DO TOO. hOSEA CHAPTERS 1 2 AND 3 SHOW THIS PROCESS..HIS PEOPLE..UNFAITHFUL...NOT

MY PEOPLE[PUNISHED AND RESTORED] AND FINALLY RESTORED   RECONCILIATION

JUST IN DIFFERNT PHASES OF SEPERATION...YES!!