Author Topic: Prophecy  (Read 150356 times)

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
Re: Prophecy
« Reply #875 on: October 23, 2012, 04:42:15 AM »
that the end times could surpass the atrocities of ages past is almost beyond imagination. Hitlers Germany,  Stalins Russia, the killing fields of Cambodia, the persecution of Christians and Jews in Russia and China. The tortures of the Inquisition and the persecutions of the Ana-baptists and others by the Roman Catholic Church. Everywhere you look in history, somewhere people are living through their own "end times". Africa is covered with madness, disease and anarchy.

Really, we have lived in one of a few small windows of relative sanity in this country, because of the purpose for which we were raised up(to be a Cyrus to the budding fig tree of Israel, the provide an international platform for the growth of democracy and the gospel).

If the Father allowed His own Son to suffer at the hands of wicked men, and calls us as sons to share in that suffering (if we suffer with Him we shall also reign with Him) what are we to but trust Him?
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #876 on: October 23, 2012, 05:31:44 AM »
Innately, we as humans do not want all this turmoil, all of us only want a decent space of time on earth during which we can raise our families unmolested by exterior forces of evil

that's what you want, but it would be a mistake to project that onto the rest of the world.

there is a spirit in the world, a restlessness, a selfish desire for their own good, not a higher good, a thirst for power--the default position of the world is evil all the time.

It's going to be like in the days of Noah at the end of the age, Jesus tells us.  One thing we know about those days--

And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually Gen 6

There is no reason to expect any differently today.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #877 on: October 23, 2012, 07:23:02 AM »
Innately, we as humans do not want all this turmoil, all of us only want a decent space of time on earth during which we can raise our families unmolested by exterior forces of evil

that's what you want, but it would be a mistake to project that onto the rest of the world.

there is a spirit in the world, a restlessness, a selfish desire for their own good, not a higher good, a thirst for power--the default position of the world is evil all the time.

It's going to be like in the days of Noah at the end of the age, Jesus tells us.  One thing we know about those days--

And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually Gen 6

There is no reason to expect any differently today.

This is why we are to go on shining as lamps upon the lampstand. The darkness is still enveloping the world, in this present evil age- but among us the day has dawned. Come quickly Lord Jesus.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #878 on: October 23, 2012, 09:24:59 AM »
"At that time I will destroy
    your war horses," announces the Lord.
    "I will smash your chariots.
11 I will destroy the cities in your land.
    I will tear down all of your forts.
12 I will destroy your worship of evil powers.
    You will no longer be able
    to put a spell on anyone.

13 I will destroy the statues of your gods.
    I will take your sacred stones away from you. <-----mecca?
You will no longer bow down
    to the gods your hands have made.
14 I will pull down the poles you used
    to worship the goddess Asherah.
    And I will destroy your cities completely.
15 I will pay back the nations
    that have not obeyed me.
    My anger will burn against them."

--Micah 5

Asherah ( /ˈʃərə/; Ugaritic:  : 'ṯrt; Hebrew: אֲשֵׁרָה‎), in Semitic mythology, is a Semitic mother goddess, who appears in a number of ancient sources including Akkadian writings by the name of Ashratum/Ashratu and in Hittite as Asherdu(s) or Ashertu(s) or Aserdu(s) or Asertu(s). Asherah is generally considered identical with the Ugaritic goddess Athirat (more accurately transcribed as ʼAṯirat).

She is identified as the wife or consort of the Sumerian Anu or Ugaritic El, the oldest deities of their pantheons.[1][2] This role gave her a similarly high rank in the Ugaritic pantheon.[3] The name Allat (Elat, Ilat) in the Sanchuniathon is clearly associated with Asherah, because the same common epithet of "the goddess par excellence," is used to describe her.[4] The Book of Jeremiah written circa 628 BC possibly refers to Asherah when it uses the title "Queen of Heaven" (Hebrew: לִמְלֶכֶת הַשָּׁמַיִם‎) in Jer 7:18 and Jer 44:1719, 25.[5] (For a discussion of "queen of heaven" in the Hebrew Bible, see Queen of heaven.)

--Wikipedia
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:28:04 AM by Molly »

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #879 on: October 23, 2012, 03:02:21 PM »
that the end times could surpass the atrocities of ages past is almost beyond imagination. Hitlers Germany,  Stalins Russia, the killing fields of Cambodia, the persecution of Christians and Jews in Russia and China. The tortures of the Inquisition and the persecutions of the Ana-baptists and others by the Roman Catholic Church. Everywhere you look in history, somewhere people are living through their own "end times". Africa is covered with madness, disease and anarchy.

Really, we have lived in one of a few small windows of relative sanity in this country, because of the purpose for which we were raised up(to be a Cyrus to the budding fig tree of Israel, the provide an international platform for the growth of democracy and the gospel).

If the Father allowed His own Son to suffer at the hands of wicked men, and calls us as sons to share in that suffering (if we suffer with Him we shall also reign with Him) what are we to but trust Him?

All right on the money Eagle. But I still have never liked it very much & maybe never will. Of course I'm sure I'm having tremendous hangover from my "hippie days" & still haven't done a good job of getting my mind wrapped around Ecc 3: 10-11 and especially 11, where God explicitly tells us there are a lot of things in his plan about which he purposely keeps us in total ignorance.

I can somewhat understand why he wants us in the dark about a lot of stuff, but even inside that small dimension of knowledge I don't like it, and yes, often resent and even resent God for bringing it on us, the only comfort being that as the Apostle Paul stated, that these "afflictions" are for only a short time compared to the eternity that follows our resurrection. My response to the Apostle Paul has long been that "short" can be interminably long when excruciating pain to the central nervous system has been encountered on a daily basis for thousands of "earth years" by so many generations of families who just want to live in peace, who just want the book of Revelation canceled & another plan put in place.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #880 on: October 23, 2012, 05:53:22 PM »
Quote from: Paul
I can somewhat understand why he wants us in the dark about a lot of stuff, but even inside that small dimension of knowledge I don't like it

I don't think he wants us in the dark.  I think it's more that we don't always want to hear what he has to say...

Indeed, the Sovereign LORD never does anything until he reveals his plans to his servants the prophets.  Amos 3:7

John 15:15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #881 on: October 23, 2012, 07:01:19 PM »
Quote from: Paul
I can somewhat understand why he wants us in the dark about a lot of stuff, but even inside that small dimension of knowledge I don't like it

I don't think he wants us in the dark.  I think it's more that we don't always want to hear what he has to say...

Like so many Mol, I almost constantly look for that "still small voice", sometimes I think it's there when I'm alone & strumming a melody to the chords of my guitar, then  just as quickly it seems to vanish like a disappearing shadow on a wall. I suppose it could be said that I, like a lot of us born in America, are just simply not as thankful as we should be, we take for granted our freedoms so many others down through history have been denied, just as Eagle suggested previously, or maybe I'm just too much of a romantic. In the long run it's all relative I suppose, even still, I want God to cancel the book of Revelation.

Good post though Mol, you always seem to have an encouraging spirit about you......

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #882 on: October 23, 2012, 07:18:09 PM »
Jesus is just alright with me, Jesus is just alright, oh yeah
Jesus is just alright with me, Jesus is just alright

I don't care what they may know
I don't care where they may go
I don't care what they may know
Jesus is just alright, oh yeah

Jesus, he's my friend; Jesus, he's my friendHe took me by the hand; Led me far from this land
Jesus, he's my friend

Jesus is just alright with me, Jesus is just alright, oh yeah
Jesus is just alright with me, Jesus is just alright

I don't care what they may say, I don't care what they may do
I don't care what they may say, Jesus is just alright, oh yeah

Doobie Bros

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #883 on: October 23, 2012, 07:23:51 PM »
He knows what we can handle at any given time, too.

"I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.

--John 16:12

1 Corinthians 3:2 I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 07:29:09 PM by Molly »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #884 on: October 23, 2012, 07:43:08 PM »
Does Romney really think we are going to be successful in bringing freedom to the world?

Naw I don't think so.

Does Obama really think, with his intimate knowledge of Islam, that muslims will ever give respect and equality to women or enter into the goals of the West?

Naw I don't think so.

So we must read between the lines, as always.

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #885 on: October 23, 2012, 08:30:20 PM »
Does Romney really think we are going to be successful in bringing freedom to the world?

Naw I don't think so.

Does Obama really think, with his intimate knowledge of Islam, that muslims will ever give respect and equality to women or enter into the goals of the West?

Naw I don't think so.

So we must read between the lines, as always.

Thank you for insisting we read between the lines.

Molly when you say we what do you mean.

Does Romney really think we ( people who are born again) .
Does Romney really think we( people who believe in Jesus).
 Does Romney really think we( people who believe in Joseph Smith)..
Does Romney really think we (Republicans) .
 Does Romney really think we (Americans)..
Does Romney really think we (Democrats)

Naw I don't think so.

Does Obama really think, with his intimate knowledge of Islam, that muslims will ever give respect and equality to women or enter into the goals of the West?[/i]

The goals of the west ? To spread the Love of Christ abroad?
I agree Obama doesn't really think Muslims will embrace this cause.

The goals of the west? To spread the cause of Mormonism abroad ?
I think Romney doesn't  really think Muslims will embrace this cause.

Will ever give respect and equality to women.
Do you mean equality ( like equal pay for equal work?)

Look forward to your answers :Chinscratch:

Naw I don't think so.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #886 on: October 23, 2012, 08:57:14 PM »
Lets leave politics out of this discussion. Go back to the original prophecy question or statement please.
There are numerous political boards already out there.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #887 on: October 23, 2012, 09:37:04 PM »
Yeah.  I was commenting on what was put before me.  But, I'm afraid in this case, prophecy
is going to be only made clearer in retrospect. Although one would think one could predict what will happen from prophecy, and I probably could take a stab at it amongst people more willing to discuss it,  it seems to be beyond me at this moment for this board.

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #888 on: October 23, 2012, 10:22:57 PM »
Lets leave politics out of this discussion. Go back to the original prophecy question or statement please.
There are numerous political boards already out there.

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #889 on: October 23, 2012, 10:33:36 PM »
 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, 6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

--2 Cor 3

...for the testimony of Yeshua is the spirit of prophecy. Rev 19:10

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #890 on: October 23, 2012, 10:38:20 PM »

Truth has nothing to do with politics. (and politicians have nothing to do with the truth)
What's true is Gods prophecy 100% of the time.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #891 on: October 23, 2012, 11:34:46 PM »
I for one was beginning to think that the "Book of Revelation" was changing to " Guessing Current Events" or "Religion & Political Satire."   :doh:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #892 on: October 23, 2012, 11:45:25 PM »
 :laugh: :2c: :iagree:
If I didn't write this line my whole commentary could have been whatever those thingys are that I click on. :dontknow:

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #893 on: October 24, 2012, 01:36:05 AM »
I for one was beginning to think that the "Book of Revelation" was changing to " Guessing Current Events" or "Religion & Political Satire."   :doh:

It's just that we need to catch our breath from time to time before taking up another round........

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #894 on: October 24, 2012, 02:46:47 AM »
CHAPTER FIVE. THE GENIUS AND CHARACTER OF THE ANTICHRIST.

For six thousand years Satan has had full opportunity afforded him to study fallen human nature to discover its weakest points and to learn how best to make men do his bidding. The Devil knows full well how to dazzle men by the attraction of power, and how to make them quail before its terrors. He knows how to gratify the craving for knowledge and how to satisfy the taste for refinement and culture, he can delight the ear with melodious music and the eye with entrancing beauty. If he could transport the Saviour from the wilderness to a mountain, in a moment of time, and show Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory, he is no novice in the art of presenting alluring objects before his victims today. He knows how to stimulate energy and direct inquiry, and how to appease the craving for the occult. He knows how to exalt men to dizzy heights of worldly greatness and fame, and how to control that greatness when attained, so that it may be employed against God and his people.
It is true that up to now Satan's power has been restrained, and his activities have been checked and often counteracted by the Spirit of God. The brightest fires of the Devil's kindling can burn but dimly whilever God sheds around them the power of heavenly light. They require the full darkness of night in order to shine in the full strength of their deceiving brightness; and that time is coming. The Word of God reveals the fact that a day is not far distant when Divine restraint will be removed; the light of God will be withdrawn; and then shall "darkness cover the earth and gross darkness the people" (Isa. 60:2). Not only will that which has hindered the full development of the Mystery of Iniquity be removed, but God will "send them strong delusion that they should believe the Lie" (2 Thess. 2:13), and Satan will take advantage of this; he will then make full use of all the knowledge which he has acquired during the last six thousand years.
Satan will become incarnate and appear on earth in human form. As we have shown in previous chapters, the Antichrist will not only be the Man of Sin, but also "the Son of Perdition", the Seed of the Serpent. The Antichrist will be the Devil's masterpiece. In him shall dwell all the fulness of the Devil bodily. He will be the culmination and consummation of Satan's workings. The world is now talking of and looking for the Superman; and the Devil is soon to supply him. The Antichrist will be no ordinary person, but one possessed of extraordinary talents. He will be endowed with superhuman powers. With the one exception of the God-man he will be the most remarkable personage who has ever appeared upon the stage of human history. But to particularize:

1. He will be an intellectual genius.

He will be possessed of extraordinary intelligence. He will be the Devil's imitation of that blessed One "in whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Col. 2:3). This Son of Perdition will surpass Solomon in wisdom. In Dan. 7:20 he is represented as "A horn that had eyes". It is a double symbol. The "horn" prefigures strength; "eyes" speak of intelligence. Again, in Dan. 8:23 he is referred to as "A King of fierce countenance". who shall "understand dark sentences". That which baffles others shall be simple to him. The Hebrew word here translated "dark sentences" is the same as the one rendered "hard questions" in 1 Kings 10:1, where we read of the Queen of Sheba coming to Solomon with her "hard questions" in order to test his wisdom. It is also the word that is used in Samson's riddle in Judges 14. It indicates that the Antichrist will be master of all the secrets of occult science. Ezek. 28:3 declares of him "Beholding, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee". This will be one of his most alluring attractions. His master mind will captivate the educated world. His marvelous store of knowledge, his acquaintance with the secrets of nature, his superhuman powers of perception, will stamp him as an intellectual genius of the first magnitude.

2. He will be an oratorical genius.

In Dan. 7:20 we are told that he has "a mouth that spake very great things". As a wizard of words he will surpass Demosthenes. Here also will the Devil imitate that One "who spake as never man spake". The people were "astonished" at Christ's doctrine (Matt. 7:28), and said "Whence hath this man this wisdom?" (Matt. 13:54). So will it be with this daring counterfeiter: he will have a mouth speaking very great things. He will have a perfect command and flow of language. His oratory will not only gain attention but command respect. Rev. 13:2 declares that his mouth is "as the mouth of a lion" which is a symbolic expression telling of the majesty and awe producing effects of his voice. The voice of the lion excels that of any other beast. So the Antichrist will out rival orators ancient and modern.

3. He will be a political genius.

He will emerge from obscurity, but by dint of his diplomatic skill he will win the admiration and compel the cooperation of the political world. In the early stages of his career he appears as "a little horn" (or power), but it is not long before he climbs the ladder of fame, and by means of brilliant statesmanship, ascends its topmost rung. Like the majority of politicians, he will not scruple to employ questionable methods; in fact it will be by diplomatic chicanery and intrigue that he will win his early successes. Dan. 11:21 tells us that at first they will not give to him the honor of the kingdom, but "he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries". Once he gains the ascendancy none will dare to challenge his authority. Kings will be his pawns and princes his playthings.

4. He will be a commercial genius.

"And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand" (Dan. 8:25). Under his regime everything will be nationalized, and none will be able to buy or sell without his permission (Rev. 13:17). All commerce will be under his personal control, and this will be used for his own aggrandizement. The wealth of the world will be at his disposal. There are several scriptures which call attention to this. For example in Psa. 52:7 we read, "Lo, this is the man that made not God his strength; but trusted in the abundance of his riches; and strengthened himself in his substance". Again, in Dan. 11:38 we are told, "But in his estate shall he honor the god of forces (Satan): and a god whom his fathers knew not shall be honor with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things". Even plainer is Dan. 11:43, "But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt". In the last verse of Dan. 11 mention is made of his "palace". He will be wealthier than Croesus. Ezak. 28:4,5 speaks of him thus, "With thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures: By thy great wisdom and by thy traffic hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches". Thus will he be able to wield the sceptre of financial power and outdo Solomon in all his glory.

5. He will be a military genius.

He will be endowed with the most extraordinary powers, so that "he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practice, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people" (Dan. 8:24). Before his exploits the fame of Alexander and Napoleon will be forgotten. None will be able to stand before him. He will go "forth conquering and to conquer" (Rev. 6:2). He will sweep everything before him so that the world will exclaim, "Who is like unto the Beast? who is able to make war with him?" (Rev. 13:4). His military exploits will not be confined to a corner, but carried out on a vast scale. He is spoken of as the man who will "shake kingdoms" and "make the earth to tremble" (Isa. 14:16).

6. He will be a governmental genius.

He will weld together opposing forces. He will unify conflicting agencies. Under the compelling power of his skill the world Powers will be united. The dream of a League of Nations will then be realized. The Orient and the Occident shall no longer be divided. A marvelous symbolic picture of this is given us in Rev. 13:1,2: "And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a Beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. And the Beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the Dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority". Here we find the forces of the Roman, the Grecian, the Medo-Persian, and the Babylonian empires coalesced. He will be the personal embodiment of the world's political authority in its final form. So completely will the world be swayed by the hypnotic spell cast over it by the Beast that the ten kings of the Roman empire in its ultimate form shall "give their kingdoms unto him" (Rev. 17:17). He will be the last great Caesar.

7. He will be a religious genius.

He will proclaim himself God, demanding that Divine honors should be rendered to him and sitting in the Temple shall show himself forth that he is God (2 Thess. 2:4). Such wonders will he perform, such prodigious marvels will he work, the very elect would be deceived by him did not God directly protect them. The Man of Sin will combine in himself all the varied genius of the human race, and what is more, he will be invested with all the wisdom and power of Satan. He will be a master of science, acquainted with all of nature's forces, compelling her to give up for him her long held secrets. "In this master-piece of Satan", says one, "will be concentrated intellectual greatness, sovereign power and human glory, combined with every species of iniquity, pride, tyranny, wilfulness, deceit, and blasphemy, such as Antiochus Epiphanes, Mohammed, the whole line of popes, atheists, and deists of every age of the world have failed to unite in any individual person".
"All the world wondered after the Beast" (Rev. 13:3). His final triumph shall be that, wounded by a sword, he shall live again (Rev. 13:3). He shall raise himself from the dead, and so wonder-struck will men be at this stupendous marvel they will readily pay him Divine homage, yea, so great will be his dazzling power over men, they will worship his very image (Rev. 13:14,15).

Having contemplated something of the genius of Satan's prodigy, let us now consider his character. In doing so we shall view him in the light of the Character of the Lord Jesus. Christ is the Divine plumb-line and standard of measurement by which all character must be tested.

In our last chapter we pointed out how that the distinguishing title of the coming Super-man - the Antichrist - has a double significance, inasmuch as it points to him as the imitator of Christ and the opponent of Christ. Hence, in studying his character, we find a series of comparisons and a series of contrasts drawn between the false christ and the true Christ; and these we now propose to set before the reader.
Comparisons between Christ and the Antichrist.

Satan is the master-counterfeiter, and in nothing will this appear more conspicuously than in his next great move. He is now preparing the stage for his climactic production, which will issue in a blasphemous imitation of the Divine incarnation. When the Son of Perdition appears he will pose as the Christ of God, and so perfect will be his disguise, the very elect would be deceived, were it not that God will grant them special illumination. It is this disguise, this simulation of the true Christ which we shall now examine, pointing out the various parallelisms which Scripture furnishes:

1. Christ was the subject of Old Testament prophecy: so also is the Antichrist; many are the predictions which describe this coming one, see especially Dan. 11:21-45.
2. The Lord Jesus was typified by many Old Testament characters such as Abel, Joseph, Moses, David, etc. So also will the Antichrist be: such characters as Cain, Pharaoh, Absolom, Saul, etc., foreshadow the Man of Sin. We shall devote a separate chapter to this most fascinating and totally neglected branch of our subject.
3. Christ was revealed only at God's appointed time: such will also be the case with the Antichrist. Of the one we read, "But when the fulness of time was come, God sent forth His Son" (Gal. 4:4); of the other it is said, "And now we know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time" (2 Thess. 2:6).
4. Christ was a Man, a real Man, "the Man Christ Jesus" (1 Tim. 2:5); so also will the Antichrist be - "that Man of Sin" (2 Thess. 2:3).
5. But Christ was more than a man; He was the God-Man; so also will the Antichrist be more than a man: the Super-man.
6. Christ was, according to the flesh, a Jew (Rom. 1:3); so also will the Antichrist be - for proofs see chapter three, section one.
7. Christ will make a covenant with Israel (Heb. 8:8); so also will the Antichrist (Dan. 9:27).
8. Christ is our "Great High Priest"; so Antichrist will yet be Israel's great high priest (Ezek. 21:26).
9. Christ was and will be the King of the Jews (Matt. 2:1); so also will the Antichrist be (Dan. 11:36).
10. Christ will be the King of kings (Rev. 17:14); so also will the Antichrist be (Rev. 17:12,13).
11. Christ wrought miracles: of Him it is said "approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs" (Acts 2:22); so also will the Antichrist, concerning whom it is written, "whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders" (2 Thess. 2:9).
12. Christ's public ministry was limited to three years and a half; so also will the Antichrist's final ministry be (Rev. 13:5).
13. Christ is shown to us riding a "white horse" (Rev. 19:11); so also is the Antichrist (Rev. 6:2).
14. Christ will return to the earth as Prince of Peace (Isa. 9:6,7); so also will the Antichrist introduce an era of peace (Dan. 11:21); it is to this that 1 Thess. 5:3 directly refers.
15. Christ is entitled "the Morning Star" (Rev. 22:16); so also is the Antichrist (Isa. 14:12).
16. Christ is referred to as Him "which was, and is, and is to come" (Rev. 4:8); the Antichrist is referred to as him that "was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit" (Rev. 17:8).
17. Christ died and rose again; so also will the Antichrist (Rev. 13:3).
18. Christ will be the object of universal worship (Phil. 2:10); so also will the Antichrist (Rev. 13:4).
19. The followers of the Lamb will be sealed in their foreheads (Rev. 7:3; 14:1); so also will the followers of the Beast (Rev. 13:16,17).
20. Christ has been followed by the Holy Spirit who causes men to worship Him; so the Antichrist will be followed by the Anti-spirit - the False Prophet - who will cause men to worship the Beast (Rev. 13:12).
There is no need for us to make any comments on these striking correspondences: they speak for themselves. They show the incredible lengths to which God will permit Satan to go in mimicking the Lord Jesus. We turn now to consider:
Contrasts between Christ and the Antichrist.
I. In their respective Designations.
1. One is called the Christ (Matt. 16:16); the other the Antichrist (1 John 4:3).
2. One is called the Man of Sorrows (Isa. 53:3); the other the Man of Sin (2 Thess. 2:3).
3. One is called the Son of God (John 1:34); the other the Son of Perdition (2 Thess. 2:3).
4. One is called the Seed of woman (Gen. 3:15); the other the seed of the Serpent (Gen. 3:15).
5. One is called the Lamb (Isa. 53:7); the other the Beast (Rev. 11:7).
6. One is called the Holy One (Mark 1:24); the other the Wicked One (2 Thess. 2:8).
7. One is called the Truth (John 14:6); the other the Lie (John 8:44).
8. One is called the Prince of Peace (Isa. 9:6); the other the wicked, profane Prince (Ezek. 21:25).
9. One is called the glorious Branch (Isa. 4:2); the other the abominable Branch (Isa. 14:19).
10. One is called the Mighty Angel (Rev. 10:1); the other is called the Angel of the Bottomless Pit (Rev. 9:11).
11. One is called the Good Shepherd (John 10:11); the other is called the Idol Shepherd (Zech. 11:17).
12. One has for the number of His name (the gematria of "Jesus") 888; the other has for the number of his name 666 (Rev. 13:18).
II. In their respective Careers.
1. Christ came down from heaven (John 3:13); Antichrist comes up out of the bottomless pit (Rev. 11:7).
2. Christ came in Another's Name (John 5:43); Antichrist will come in his own name (John 5:43).
3. Christ came to do the Father's will (John 6:38); Antichrist will do his own will (Dan. 11:36).
4. Christ was energized by the Holy Spirit (Luke 4:14); Antichrist will be energized by Satan (Rev. 13:4).
5. Christ submitted Himself to God (John 5:30); Antichrist defies God (2 Thess. 2:4).
6. Christ humbled Himself (Phil. 2:8); Antichrist exalts himself (Dan. 11:37).
7. Christ honored the God of His fathers (Luke 4:16); Antichrist refuses to (Dan 11:37).
8. Christ cleansed the temple (John 2:14,16); the Antichrist defiles the temple (Matt. 24:15).
9. Christ ministered to the needy (Isa. 53:7); Antichrist robs the poor (Psa. 10:8,9).
10. Christ was rejected of men (Isa. 53:7); Antichrist will be accepted by men (Rev. 13:4).
11. Christ leadeth the flock (John 10:3); Antichrist leaveth the flock (Zech. 11:17).
12. Christ was slain for the people (John 11:51); Antichrist slays the people (Isa. 14:20).
13. Christ glorified God on earth (John 17:4), Antichrist blasphemes the name of God in heaven (Rev. 13:6).
14. Christ was received up into heaven (Luke 24:51); Antichrist goes down into the Lake of Fire (Rev. 19:20).

http://www.biblebelievers.com/Pink/antichrist07.htm
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 02:50:15 AM by Molly »

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #895 on: October 24, 2012, 02:48:48 AM »

I thank you as a more established member,
for your gentle direction. :flowerred:

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #896 on: October 24, 2012, 02:59:29 AM »
I am laughing so hard I'm crying... there are just too many hilarious things to even comment on. Ahhhhahahahaha I love Tent.

From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #897 on: October 24, 2012, 03:02:01 AM »
The Antichrist will certainly have the characteristics described by the Bible [assuming you believe the Antichrist will be an indwelt man, which I do], yet, I have come to believe that these qualities have become somewhat overblown in the minds of men.

Having observed how easily men are fooled, how readily they fall for what would seem to be transparent lies, how eager they are to follow a pied piper, how willingly they suspend their disbelief and reliance on rational thought, I have concluded that the Antichrist will succeed not through his genius [Satan is no genius], but, rather, his understanding and exploitation of the gulliblity and weakness of men.

God, who no doubt is fed up with this errancy of men, helps the cause of Antichrist by giving those men over to a strong delusion, which was, after all, the desire of their hearts all along.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #898 on: October 24, 2012, 03:03:03 AM »
I am laughing so hard I'm crying... there are just too many hilarious things to even comment on. Ahhhhahahahaha I love Tent.
How about commenting on just one hilarious thing, because I haven't seen one.

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #899 on: October 24, 2012, 03:18:45 AM »
How about that hilarious blushing flower smilie daj sent micah?  :flowerred:

I know you take these things very seriously Molly and I certainly don't mean to offend. Simple minds laugh at simple things.  :Peace2:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.