Author Topic: Prophecy  (Read 229759 times)

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: Prophecy
« Reply #850 on: October 20, 2012, 09:39:58 PM »
In context of my statements, including what I quoted, I'm guessing you know what I meant.  If truly not, please re-read.  I think I was very careful in what I wrote.  Still if not, I'll explain further and in more specific detail if you wish.  :)

Yes please do.
I am perplexed on one hand as I see it we have some one who professes to be anti-christ
and is running to be the leader of the free world.
This goal of being the leader of the free world has been the goal of Joseph Smith,
since the first conversation he had with Satan,and past down to his adherents.

On the other hand we have some one who has already been the leader of the free world for
four years. He says Jesus is Lord, but he may be a sheep in lambs clothing.

Please use as much detail as you see fit.

I think my last post is as far as I'd like to go with it.  Let the discerning discern, all seek God's guidance.  And of course, those are just my opinions.  Blessings.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #851 on: October 20, 2012, 09:40:52 PM »
And hey daj, if you don't like the Mormon, don't vote for him.    :laughing7: :laugh:

:gimmefive:

(I do find your comments about "leader of the free world" and about Joseph Smith's ambitions interesting though.  Thanks.  More to consider.)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 09:49:41 PM by jabcat »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #852 on: October 20, 2012, 09:51:05 PM »
Much more to it than that.  Much of the U.S. and [I believe] most of the world gets their main picture of what's happening here from a distorted, biased, dishonest press, that is apparently (per report) passed on as reality and the truth.  Actually, I believe most of the press is biased one way or another.  So one has to look closely.  And, I believe it's much more likely to be able to look closely if one is actually here.  You will know them by their fruit.
Biased press isn't an US only thing. There was a time that people, especially living 'not here', were unable to get a full view. "Everything*" is on internet for everyone to see.

* Alternative and MSM, YouTube, forums, sites voicing opinions for all angles.

I have quite close look 'into' an American family and if what I learn from that I would spit on the flag instead of salute it.
BTW I'm not saying it's all sunshine here. It's rapidly spiraling down here too.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #853 on: October 20, 2012, 10:07:17 PM »
You can't judge everything by an outlier data point, ww.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #854 on: October 20, 2012, 10:10:51 PM »
I was thinking needed a  larger sample size, but you used fancier language   :laugh:

And don't spit on my flag.  These colors don't run.   :laugh: :laughing7: :Oops: :goodone: :hijacked:

Seriously, I believe there are many problems world-wide, and that CERTAINLY includes here.  I believe many of us remaining "patriots" see this November as a possible crucial tipping point as to which way things go in this particular country - possibly the most important governmental decision in our lifetime.  But who really knows besides God.

And as far as prophecy, "end times", great falling away, God's restoration, I'm just personally not sure what it all means.

What I THINK it means is however He does it and whatever happens first, God's going to step in soon and "fix" it.   :2c:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #855 on: October 20, 2012, 10:14:55 PM »
No but I've see quite a few data points and they seem to point to an unhealthy bell curve  :sigh:
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #856 on: October 20, 2012, 10:22:18 PM »
No but I've see quite a few data points and they seem to point to an unhealthy bell curve  :sigh:

World-wide, friend, world-wide.  So what does it mean in terms of God's timing and work?

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #857 on: October 20, 2012, 10:29:20 PM »
Well, according to this man I saw on the Dr. Phill show the world will end in December. So none of this will matter any way.   :eek:

CHB

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #858 on: October 20, 2012, 10:30:08 PM »
Regarding prophecy, I think America is the young lions of Tarshish who will fight against the enemies of Israel, assuming we are not pushed off the fiscal cliff and our military budget cut by 600 billion on January 1, 2013. :laugh:

Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?  Eze 38:13

The young lions will say to Gog and his allies,

'Do you really think the armies you have gathered can rob them of silver and gold? Do you think you can drive away their livestock and seize their goods and carry off plunder?'  Eze 38

Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the LORD will lack no good thing. Psa 34:10

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #859 on: October 20, 2012, 10:30:32 PM »
Well, according to this man I saw on the Dr. Phill show the world will end in December. So none of this will matter any way.   :eek:

CHB

Was he the last Mayan standing?   :wink3:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #860 on: October 20, 2012, 10:32:24 PM »
Wow, don't think I'd ever seen that before Molly.  Hmmm...

I'm for a strong military, USED APPROPRIATELY!!!!, actually making it unecessary to use.  Maybe there'll actually be a righteous reason for it?

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #861 on: October 20, 2012, 10:34:30 PM »
I was thinking needed a  larger sample size, but you used fancier language   :laugh:
That's good. But keep in mind that bad stuff always happens elsewhere. Everyone lives elsewhere from the Pov of the other 7 billon people...
And don't spit on my flag.  These colors don't run.   :laugh: :laughing7: :Oops: :goodone: :hijacked:
I can't spit that far. Don't worry. Besides I need my spit for local affairs  :winkgrin:
Seriously, I believe there are many problems world-wide, and that CERTAINLY includes here.
James, 'here' is existing less and less every day.
In a few weeks you can hand vote for a clown that's now handing out balloons. The next day that clown seems to be the Joker. And guess what. Every country has their own clowns. The Eurpean clowns start to act very similar to your clowns. And, ahum, purely coincidental, those clowns take orders from the same  "ex" Banksters.
  I believe many of us remaining "patriots" see this November as a possible crucial tipping point as to which way things go in this particular country - possibly the most important governmental decision in our lifetime.  But who really knows besides God.
Is there really something to chose from. Electric chair or hanging.....
Politics (no matter what continent) isn't going to change anything. I'm sorry so say but only mass executions will put an end to this downward spiral. But that neither a likely nor a desirable option. But, unfortunately, history shows most huge changes cost huge amounts of lives.
And as far as prophecy, "end times", great falling away, God's restoration, I'm just personally not sure what it all means.

What I THINK it means is however He does it and whatever happens first, God's going to step in soon and "fix" it.   :2c:
Even 1st century Jews believed that. Followed by countless others.   

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #862 on: October 20, 2012, 10:38:46 PM »

World-wide, friend, world-wide.  So what does it mean in terms of God's timing and work?
I think God will stay on the sideline for  few more years.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #863 on: October 20, 2012, 10:40:52 PM »

CHB

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #864 on: October 20, 2012, 10:48:35 PM »
Wow, don't think I'd ever seen that before Molly.  Hmmm...

I'm for a strong military, USED APPROPRIATELY!!!!, actually making it unecessary to use.  Maybe there'll actually be a righteous reason for it?

Do your own research but watch this.

An Urgent Message for America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt44D6ZlFKI

And his brightness was as the light; he had horns coming out of his hand: and there was the hiding of his power. Hab 3:4

Psalm 93:7 Fire goes before him and consumes his foes on every side

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #865 on: October 20, 2012, 10:52:19 PM »
I'll check it out Molly.  May have to be later on my personal computer where I can watch videos.  Thanks.

this world runs on money...Rev 13;17....economic boycott against all faithful believers....

anyone besides me..lost about everything materially?   Ezekiel 38;12  I will plunder and loot and

turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations,rich in livestock

and goods,living in the center of the earth.

Let's remember to hold each other up in prayer.  And God is holding us up in His Strong Hands.

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #866 on: October 21, 2012, 12:26:32 AM »

CHB

Was he the last Mayan standing?   :wink3:

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that made me crack up so hard hahahaha thanks a bunch for the laugh, been needing a good one lately!!

Quote from: sheila on Today at 03:07:21 PM
  this world runs on money...Rev 13;17....economic boycott against all faithful believers....

anyone besides me..lost about everything materially?   Ezekiel 38;12  I will plunder and loot and

turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations,rich in livestock

and goods,living in the center of the earth.

Not yet but I have a feeling it's coming in the very near future... Meh, naked I came LOL!  :HeartThrob:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #867 on: October 21, 2012, 01:52:29 AM »
And hey daj, if you don't like the Mormon, don't vote for him.    :laughing7: :laugh:

(I do find your comments about "leader of the free world" and about Joseph Smith's ambitions interesting though.  Thanks.  More to consider.)

I can't vote I don't have picture I.D. :ok:

If Mitt and I didn't have opposite spirits .
I think that he and I would hang together and be buds.
We both have the same moves in the same crowd.

:egyptdance:   :beach:        :Egyptdance2:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #868 on: October 21, 2012, 02:35:45 AM »
Are you kidding me?  Does this mean we are officially a third world country now?

International monitors at US polling places draw criticism

By Alexander Bolton - 10/20/12 12:00 PM ET

United Nations-affiliated election monitors from Europe and central Asia will be at polling places around the U.S. looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups, a concern raised by civil rights groups during a meeting this week. The intervention has drawn criticism from a prominent conservative-leaning group combating election fraud.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/263141-international-monitors-at-polling-places-draw-criticism-from-voter-fraud-group

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #869 on: October 21, 2012, 05:39:02 PM »
Who Were the Merchants of Tarshish?

Who are the enigmatical "merchants of Tarshish" and the "young lions" mentioned by God's seer, Ezekiel, in his Time of the End vision contained in the 38th chapter of his amazing Book? This question has long been posed by students of the Bible, with a variety of answers being given. One of the sources of power and wealth of King Solomon of Israel was his control of a "navy of Tarshish", which worked in cooperation with that of Hiram, King of Tyre. This doubtless was the beginning of the extensive Tarshish trade with the nation of Israel. The record reads: "For the king had at sea a navy of Tarshish with the navy of Hiram : once in three years came the navy of Tarshish, bringing gold, and silver, ivory, and apes, and peacocks." Many of these products came from Africa -- and even from the far East. But we know for certain that Palestinian produce, of various kinds, was traded, by sea, with the peoples of Europe, even as far distant as the British Isles.

Most important of these commodities was tin from south-west Britain, important for weapons of war, for tin was the alloy which was mixed with copper to form the much stronger metal, brass. This was used in the armour and weapons of Solomon's soldiers. It gave them a definite superiority over enemies not so equipped. The tin trade was also to figure dramatically at the time of Yeshua the Messiah. His great-uncle, Joseph of Arimathea, by firm tradition a wealthy merchant, owned a fleet of ships which brought tin and lead from Britain to his home ports in Palestine, as in the days of Solomon. Persistent Glastonbury and English West Country traditions maintain that the Messiah sailed with Joseph in one of his ships on a trading expedition to England, when He was yet a boy. According to the traditions, the church at Pilton, Somerset, is built upon the site of the wharf where Joseph landed, to load the ore which had been mined in the nearby Mendip Hills. The sea has since receded from this place, but at that time Joseph would sail by the island then called Avalon, which is now the location of the town of Glastonbury. It was to this hallowed place that Joseph fled, with his company, at the time of the persecution of the Christians in Jerusalem, soon after the death of the Messiah upon the tree. Together with twelve other devoted pioneers, he erected the first Christian meeting-place structure at Glastonbury, about A.D. 37-38.

Thus, links between Britain with the Holy Land were established by Solomon as early as 976 B.C. This was an economic factor which helped build and maintain his great kingdom: it was the zenith of Israel in Canaan. The spiritual link was to be forged a thousand years later when Joseph founded the Christian community at Glastonbury. The result of this was the comparatively unhindered growth of the Christian Ecclesia in the Isles of the West, free from the obstacles met by their comrades in Jerusalem and elsewhere in the Roman Empire of the day.

It is significant that the main home base for the "ships of Tarshish" was not Tyre, but a place just outside the pillars of Hercules, called by the Romans "Gades". This was on the Atlantic side of Gibraltar, near the mouth of the Guadalquivir River in south-western Spain. This port came later to be called Cadiz -- in about the 12th century. In more modern times it became the chief base for the navy of Spain under Philip Il. In Davis' The Dictionary of the Bible we find it definitely identified with Tarshish: "It is believed that Tarshish was Tartessus in the south of Spain, near Gibraltar . . . ships of Tarshish were originally ships trading to and from Tarshish; but ultimately ships of first-rate size to whatever place their voyages may have been made."

Thus, it is seen that large sea-going ships carried goods in trade from Tarshish to the four points of the compass. We know from Ezekiel's words that "ships out of Tarshish" traded in iron, tin and lead. Although there were mines in Spain producing tin, these became exhausted and the ships sailed elsewhere in quest of their much-prized tin and lead. They found it in Cornwall and Somerset, in England. They also traded in the much-prized North Sea amber.

In this way, the ships of Tarshish provided the metals so essential to the building up of the ancient Mediterranean empires and of the Middle East. From various authorities of the sixth century, the following description of Tarshish has emerged: "Tartessus is an illustrious city of lberia which takes its name from Baetis (Quadalquivir) formerly also called Tartessus. This river comes from the Celtic region and has its source in the 'silver mountain'; in its stream it carries, besides silver and tin, a great abundance of gold and bronze. The river Tartessus divides into two arms when it reaches the mouth. Tartessus, the city, stands between the two arms, as on an island."

We know that these trading vessels sailed east, south and north, trading their wares. One important port in the north was at the mouth of the River Thames. According to tradition, it was founded by the Trojan prince, Brutus, about 1150 B.C. and now known as the city of London. Other ports in north-west Europe were reached as the merchants of Tarshish built more and bigger ships. But what of trade with the American continent to the west? Were these people able to build ships large enough to span the Atlantic ocean?

There are recently discovered pointers to trade with both Celts and Indians who had by then established themselves in North America. Mysterious inscriptions have been discovered, deep in the interior of the United States showing that a thousand years of commerce was carried on between Tarshish in Spain and their Celtic colonies in what is now the United States. Their ships regularly traded with the northeastern coastland : inscriptions on rocks have been found with Tarshish lettering. Even more; these ancient mariners entered the Mississippi from the Gulf of Mexico, penetrating inland to Iowa and the Dakotas and westward along the Arkansas and Cimarron Rivers to leave behind inscribed records of their presence there. In 1975 an inscription was found at Union, New Hampshire with excellently preserved Tarshish letters: "Voyagers from Tarshish this Stone proclaims."

Recent archaeological finds inspired the book, America, B.C., by Professor Barry Fell of Harvard University. From page 100 we quote his words: "The script of itself cannot be accurately dated, but a likely estimate would be about 700 to 600 B.C. The voyagers were probably not explorers but rather merchants trading with the New England Celts who, by that dates, were already well established fur trappers and very likely also mining precious metals from those sites where ancient workings have been discovered." If the findings of Professor Fell are accurate, large colonies of Celts had been brought by ship from Tarshish, Spain, to mine for ore and trap for furs and thus to establish trading posts deep within the American continent. They must surely be recognized as belonging to Ezekiel's "merchants of Tarshish".

Thus, since there was such substantial trade with the continent known today as America, "the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof" must include the "young lions" of the United States, along with those of Britain and kindred folk in northern Europe. Today the population of the United States is made up basically of Celto-Saxon peoples. Although they had in 1776 been separated politically from the mass of Israel, then Britain, the "young lions" of America came storming back, across the Atlantic in 1917, to help defend Britain and the free world against tyranny. They came again in 1942 during World War II -- millions of them -- from America, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and South Africa to fight in common cause against tyranny and aggression.

-- J.A.B. Haggart

http://www.hope-of-israel.org/tarshish.html

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #870 on: October 21, 2012, 08:11:05 PM »
I think my last post is as far as I'd like to go with it.  Let the discerning discern, all seek God's guidance.  And of course, those are just my opinions.  Blessings.

Thank you Jabcat.
We have one mind. We share the mind of Christ.

It seems because of the Globe we are in different lobes.
Seek and yee shall find .
 Thank you for the encouragement to keep seeking.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #871 on: October 22, 2012, 04:40:11 AM »
Some have said on this thread that armies don't fight on horseback anymore and that proves that the book of Revelation is only spiritual.  So, imagine my surprise when I saw the new statue being dedicated to the horse soldier at ground zero.  He's facing the trade center, keeping a watchful eye on it.  These were the first soldiers to enter Afghanistan, due to the difficult terrain there, I assume, and the accessibility and versatility of horses.  The horse soldier is dedicated to honor our troops and the special forces who were the first to enter Afghanistan on horseback, as well as the firemen and police who lost their lives at ground zero.  He carries the motto of the Green Berets, De Oppresso Liber.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:America%27s_Response_Monument-De_Oppresso_Liber.jpg

After the fourhorsemen are released and then the other seals, plus the trumpet judgments, tech would take a onslaught.

I personally see a kind of apocalyptic future of horseback and maybe a few vehicles and high tech weaponry available to the lucky few.

But I still think prayer can limit the damage and may only encompass the middle east area, where most of the battles will take place. The gog and magog war, the wars of the little horn against Egypt and the holy covenant and against the kings of the east and the battle of armageddon.

The current tensions taking place may not even be the gog and magog war.
So either that war takes place after armageddon the last war on earth.
Or could be after the war in the middle east, currently brewing. But yet that war brewing is not  spoken in scripture therefore can be stopped and I believe it will be stopped and peace will prevail in Jesus name, as prophecied by Gods servants.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #872 on: October 22, 2012, 06:22:39 PM »
I think this is another reference to the young lions of Tarshish [America]

[Great Britain, the islands,  is mentioned, too.]

"Who are these that fly along like clouds,
    like doves to their nests?

9 Surely the islands look to me;
    in the lead are the ships of Tarshish,
bringing your children from afar,
    with their silver and gold,
to the honor of the Lord your God,
    the Holy One of Israel,
    for he has endowed you with splendor.

10 "Foreigners will rebuild your walls,
    and their kings will serve you.

Though in anger I struck you,
    in favor I will show you compassion.
11 Your gates will always stand open,
    they will never be shut, day or night,
so that people may bring you the wealth of the nations—
    their kings led in triumphal procession.
12 For the nation or kingdom that will not serve you will perish;
    it will be utterly ruined

--Isa 60

8 Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?

9 Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the Lord thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.

10 And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee.

11 Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought.

12 For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.

--Isa 60

"the forces of the Gentiles" is an army but it is an army friendly to Israel.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:31:05 PM by Molly »

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #873 on: October 22, 2012, 08:57:09 PM »
mOLLY, WHEN YOU ARE BORN FROM ABOVE... THE DOVES ARE WISDOMS ARMY.......THE

WOMEN WHO DECLARE THE GOSPEL ARE A GREAT ARMY...jERUSALEM aBOVE NURTURES HER

OFFSPRING OF THEM[TAUGHT OF THE hOLY SPIRIT IN THE FORM OF THE DOVE.]  A DOVE IS ALL

BREAST 'YE SHALL SUCK THE TEATS OF HER AMPLE BREASTS AND DELIGHT IN HER ABUNDANCE.

THAT IS OF THE SIGN IN HEAVEN...

AS FOR iSREAL[THE NATION] THAT IS NOW...i DO NOT SPEAK OF THE SIGN IN THE EARTH..BUT i TELL

YOU THIS...THE jERUSALEM ON EARTH DOES NEED BE BORN AGAIN FROM aBOVE.

GOD IN wISDOM FOUNDED THE EARTH....

THERE ARE THREE THINGS..EVEN FOUR..THAT THE EARTH CAN not BEAR...ONE OF THEM IS

A MAIDSERVANT WHO DISPLACES HER MISTRESS.......

IN SOS THE 'LITTLE' SISTER WITHOUT ANY BREASTS IS THE OLD LAW COVENANT.........THE

mOST bEAUTIFUL OF WOMEN HAS 'BREASTS LIKE TOWERS"

THERE ARE ALSO THREE THINGS EVEN FOUR THAT ARE TOO WONDERFUL....ONE OF THESE

IS  THE  WAY OF A SHIP ON THE HIGH SEAS.[WITH THEIR SAILS SKIMMING THE WATER THEY APPEAR

TO FLY[AS IF THEY HAVE WINGS]

ALSO WISDOM'S ARMY IS KNOWN AS LIONESSES OF THE TRIBE OF jUDAH

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #874 on: October 23, 2012, 03:03:16 AM »
ThinkTank,

But I still think prayer can limit the damage and may only encompass the middle east area, where most of the battles will take place. The gog and magog war, the wars of the little horn against Egypt and the holy covenant and against the kings of the east and the battle of armageddon.

The current tensions taking place may not even be the gog and magog war.
So either that war takes place after armageddon the last war on earth.
Or could be after the war in the middle east, currently brewing. But yet that war brewing is not  spoken in scripture therefore can be stopped and I believe it will be stopped and peace will prevail in Jesus name, as prophecied by Gods servants.

I'll tell ya TT, I've often mused on just these issues, about whether through a vast quantity of prayer & supplication that all the things in the book of Revelation as you suggest cannot  be dealt with in another way, prayer, our prayers.

It sometimes depresses me that there needs to be a "book of Revelation" in God's plan, what with all the heartache human creatures need to go through in just dealing with the everyday toil of just living life itself, only to have additional misery piled on us such that God needs to write a book of Revelation to inform us that the worst is yet to come. Why do things need to be so miserable? This is a question I ask of God every single day.

I suppose God needs a method by which he proves to his human creatures that he is in full control of everything, that there is no circumstance in the universe that is ever beyond his sovereignty. His witness of this being his written prophecies in the pages of Holy Writ that he can make all things come to pass exactly as he states it. But the flow of human blood & pain to make this point? It is flabbergasting to me to say the least. For example: What is the purpose of child molestation? How does God make something so hideous as a "part of his Plan"? Or for that matter just plain raw brutal torture by one human committed on another? What kind of a plan is that? Yet this is what the book of Revelation is replete with.

Innately, we as humans do not want all this turmoil, all of us only want a decent space of time on earth during which we can raise our families unmolested by exterior forces of evil, yet God does not afford most of us that small luxury, and most who do attain to it die an ignominious death anyway, almost as if our life's experiences were for naught. And then on top of this he promises endtime earthlings the miseries of the book of Revelation..........to prove what?