Author Topic: Prophecy  (Read 211950 times)

Offline sheila

• Gold
Re: Prophecy
« Reply #725 on: October 06, 2012, 05:43:16 PM »
 AND THE DRAGON STOOD ON THE SHORE OF THE SEA= SANDS=NATIONS  SEED OF ABRAHAM

LIKENED TO STARS OF HEAVEN AND SANDS.........DRAGON GIVE BEAST POWER AND AUTHORITY

HE OPENED HIS MOUTH AND BLASPHEMED GOD AND THOSE WHO LIVE IN HEAVEN[STARS]

BEAST OUT OF THE SEA

BEAST OUT OF THE EARTH=IN NUMBER THEY ARE LIKE THE SAND ON THE SEASHORE

YOU HAVE THOSE BORN AGAIN OF HEAVEN/STARS/MANCHILD SNATCHED UP TO THRONE....

AND YOU HAVE CARNAL/BEASTLY/FALLEN STARS/SANDS/THOSE FROM BELOW......NOW

THE SPIRITS IN OPERATION HAVE BEEN IN OPERATION ON MANY MEN THROUGHOUT THE BEGINNING

....BUT WHAT WE HAVE IN FRONT OF US IS THE END OF SUCH AN ARRANGEMENT......

WHERE THE OLD ORDER OF THINGS WILL PASS AWAY THAT THE NEW MAY ARRIVE....

AND IT IS DESCRIBED AS 'PANGS' AS OF CHILDBIRTH.........NOW WEKNOW THAT THEWOMAN

SHALL BE KEPT SAFE THROUGH THIS..PROVIDED SHE REMAIN A WORKER AT HOME

'DO NOT STARE AT ME BECAUSE I AM DARK, BECAUSE I AM DARKENED BY THE SUN..

MY MOTHERS SON'S WERE ANGRY WITH ME AND MADE ME TAKE CARE OF THE VINEYARDS;

MY OWN VINEYARD I HAVE NEGLECTED"

PLACE ME AS A SEAL OVER YOUR HEART AND ARM.......

MANY WATERS CAN NOT QUENCH LOVE[THEN FROM HIS MOUTH THE SERPENT SPEWED WATER LIKE A

RIVER]...........AND THE DRAGON STOOD ON THE SHORES OF THE SEA

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #726 on: October 06, 2012, 05:43:50 PM »
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

-Rev 17

Let's pretend that this applies to a modern day city, what city would it be?

It's not Jerusalem.  Jerusalem doesn't reign over the kings of the earth.

It's not Rome.  The Catholic church doesn't reign over the kings of the earth.

It's probably not NYC which is just a proxy for the city of London.

It might be London.  But, here there is another problem.

The city is in a desert.

Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness [desert]: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns
.--Rev 17

Why would a city in the desert rule over the kings of the world?

Ans: Oil

And, what desert does the world's oil come from?

Ans:  Saudi Arabia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:President_Nixon_shaking_hands_with_King_Faisal_of_Saudi_Arabia_following_talks_at_Riasa_Palace_,_07-15-1974.gif

« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:13:37 PM by Molly »

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #727 on: October 06, 2012, 06:12:08 PM »
 YOU HAVE THOSE FROM ABOVE[CITY] WITH THE GOLDEN OIL AND RICHES OF HEAVEN..AND YOU HAVE THE

CITY BELOW WITH THE 'RICHES' OF THE EARTH...BUT THAT CITY ENCOMPASSES MUCH MORE

THAN JUST EARTHLY OIL[IF THE LIGHT THAT BE IN YOU BE DARKNESS  HOW GREAT THAT DARKNESS]

THAT SAME DARK SPIRIT WAS OPERATIVE IN THE DARK AGES..AND INALL THAT KILL TRUTH

AND THINK THEY DO GOD A SERVICE[LIGHT IN YOU BE DARKNESS]

THERE ARE TWO WOMEN IN THE DESERT...I WILL WOO HER THERE..AND THERE I WILL GIVE HER BACK

HER VINYARDS..........

AND YOU WILL AGAIN SEE THE DISTINCTION BETWEEN THE RIGHTEOUS AND THE WICKED,BETWEEN

THOSE WHO SERVE GOD AND THOSE WHO DON'T  MALAHI CH 3 DAY OF JUDGEMENT CH 4 DAY OF TH

E LORD

SURELY THE DAY IS COMING,IT WILL BURN LIKE A FURNACE. ALL THE ARROGANT AND

EVERY EVIL-DOER WILL BE STUBBLE, AND THT DAY THAT IS COMING WILL SET THEM ON FIRE

NOT A ROOT OR A BRANCH WILL BE LEFT TO THEM. BUT FOR YOU WHO REVERE MY NAME,

THE SUN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS WILLRISE WITH HEALING IN IT'S WINGS,AND YOU WILL GO OUT LIKE

CALVES RELEASED FROM THE STALL.   THEN YOU WILL TRAMPLE DOWN THE WICKED[TELL

THEM TO MAKE THEIR BACKS WIDE] THEY WILL BE ASHES UNDER THE SOLES OF YOUR FEET

ON THE DAY WHEN I DO THESE THINGS; SAYS THE LORD ALMIGHTY

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #728 on: October 06, 2012, 06:19:49 PM »
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

The city is in a desert.

Iraq has many times more proven oil reserves than does Saudi Arabia, and it is "sweeter oil" not the heavy sulphur content of the kind found in Saudi Arabia. This  places the city of question right where so much of the world's rebellious attitude towards God began, at the original location of Babylon about 50 miles to the south of present day Baghdad. Today it is a thriving & bustling tourist hot spot, in years to come it will become the "mother of harlots", she will be the madaam in command of her daughter harlot cities such as Tyre, and a few others, Jerusalem may be one of them as well, which is why the woman of Rev 12:6 needs to flee the city for its safety, yes, even Jerusalem appears to succumb to the harlotry of the head whore in Babylon, Iraq.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #729 on: October 06, 2012, 06:21:59 PM »
P.S.  IT HAS BEEN OUR FATHER'S PRACTICE TO 'STACK THE DECK" AGAINST ALL ODDS....

AND THEN COME SHINING THROUGH...IT IS PART OF HIS WONDERFUL BEAUTIFUL NAME

TO ALWAYS NULLIFY THE WORKS OF THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS.......

DAVID AND GOLIATH...CAMP OF HOLY CITY SURROUNDED...EGYPT ISREAL DELIVERANCE...

THIS WAY THE GLORY IS ALL HIS..AND NOT ATRIBUTED TO STRENGTH OF FLESH OF MEN

BY MY SPIRIT  REV 20;9

Online lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #730 on: October 06, 2012, 06:36:12 PM »
P.S.  IT HAS BEEN OUR FATHER'S PRACTICE TO 'STACK THE DECK" AGAINST ALL ODDS....

AND THEN COME SHINING THROUGH...IT IS PART OF HIS WONDERFUL BEAUTIFUL NAME

TO ALWAYS NULLIFY THE WORKS OF THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS.......

DAVID AND GOLIATH...CAMP OF HOLY CITY SURROUNDED...EGYPT ISREAL DELIVERANCE...

THIS WAY THE GLORY IS ALL HIS..AND NOT ATRIBUTED TO STRENGTH OF FLESH OF MEN

BY MY SPIRIT  REV 20;9

:HeartThrob:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #731 on: October 06, 2012, 07:27:41 PM »
THE EARTH HELPED THE WOMAN BY OPENING IT'S MOUTH AND SWALLOWING THE FLOOD...

THE FLOOD IS A FLOOD OF ACCUSATIONS THAT SATAN SPEWS/SINS/LAW...THAT WERE SWALLOWED UP

IN VICTORY BY CHRIST'S FLESH/EARTH BODY...THE LITTLE CHILDREN WERE PARTAKERS OF FLESH

AND BLOOD..AND SO TOO HE PARTOOK.....HE BORE THE SINS AND TASTED DEATH FOR ALL MEN

THE EARTH CAN NOT BEAR A WOMAN THAT IS MARRIED BUT UNLOVED..AND HELPED IN THIS WAY..

CHRIST'S FLESH TOOK ON ALL THE SINS/ACCUSATION/DEATH...AND SWALLOWED UP DEATH

FOR ALL MEN

IN VICTORY...THE EARTH SHOOK AND THE ROCKS SPLIT..THE TOMB BROKE OPEN AND

THE BODIES OF MANY HOLY PEOPLE WERE RAISED TO LIFE.

THE SEVENTH ANGEL POURED OUT HIS BOWL INTO THE AIR AND OUT OF THE TEMPLE CAME

A LOUD VOICE FROM THE THRONE SAYING 'IT IS DONE![ FINISHED!]....A SEVERE EARTHQUAKE

HAPPENED AND THE GREAT CITY PLIT INTO THREE PARTS[ A HOUSE DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF

CAN NOT STAND]..THE CITIES OF THE NATIONS COLLAPSED AND GOD REMEBERED BABYLON

THE GREAT....

BABYLON TELLS HERSELF I AM AND THERE IS NO-ONE ELSE..SHE DOES NOT REALIZE THE BRIDE/HIDDEN

ONE OF CHRIST EXISTS...A SPIRITUAL CITY DUE TO BE ESTABLISHED IN THE EARTH

THE VERY BEAST[CARNAL UNDERSTANDING] SHE RIDES WILL TURN ON HER AND DESTROY HER

THE BLOOD SHE SPILLED AS SHE SIT AND REIGNED OVER CARNAL UNDERSTANDING OF MEN

IN SPIRITUAL WARS  BLOOD WILL CO ME UPON HER[SHE REFUSED THE TESTIMONY OF CHRIST THAT

TAKES AWAY ALL THE SINS OF THE PEOPLE. HER MAJIC SPELL/WITHCRAFT OF WHICH PRESUMPTOUSNESS

IS THE SAME[SO YOU HAVE ALL BEGUN RULING AS KINGS HAVE YOU? WITHOUT US?1 COR 4;8

ALREADY YOU HAVE ALL YOU WANT! ALREADY YOU HAVE BECOME RICH! YOU HAVE BECOME KINGS,AND

THAT WITHOUT US! HOW I WISH THAT YOU REALLY HAD BECOME KINGS THAT WE MAY BECOME KINGS WITH

YOU[SEE LAODECIA PRESUMPTOUSNESS]  THAT IS SPEWED OUT OF HIS MOUTH....IT IS THE SAME

AS THE SPIRIT OF BABYLON IN OPERATION.

SEE DIVISONS IN THE CHURCH AND THE LETTERS TO THE CHURCH AS TO WHAT DIVIDES OFF FROM HIM

THE DIVIDED OFF IS SPEWED FROM HIS MOUTH AND IS PART OF BABYLON

'YOU SAY,I AM RICH,I HAVE ACQUIRED WEALTH AND DO NOT NEED A THING....REPENT

SEE PLAGUES WORKED TO BRING REPENTANCE

JUDE   1;8...SLANDER CELESTIAL BEINGS[STARS]  THEY SPEAK ABUSIVELY OF WHAT THEY

DO NOT UNDERSTAND[CARNAL UNDERSTANDING FROM BELOW]  BALAAM'S ERROR..

WITHOUT FRUIT[THE FRUIT YOU LONGED FOR IS GONE FROM YOU]

THEY SERVE AS AN EXAMPLE OF THOSE WHO SUFFER THE PUNISHMENT OF ETERNAL FIRE[LOF]

FATHER GIVES OVER SOME MEN FOR IGNOBLE PURPOSE..THESE SPOKEN OF IN JUDE ARE

THOSE THAT BEAR AN IMAGE OF THE CORRUPT ONE/OFFSPRING OF VIPERS/TWICE DEAD

NOW PLEASE DISTINGUISH THE EVIL SPIRIT FROM THE MAN TAKEN CAPTIVE OF IT..AND KNOW

JESUS WILL SEPERATE THE TARE AND BURN IT AND DELIVER THE MAN TO BE RAISED UP

Online lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #732 on: October 06, 2012, 08:00:31 PM »
Yeah Sheila, magic/presumptousness/witchcraft and superstition too. It is incredible how plain as day it is to outsiders yet when you're in it you swear it's God's truth. If the light that is in you be darkness, wow yeah. Been hoping for my brethren who are still captive, that they will be set free from the lies as well. It is not a fun place to be. Truly they do not know what they are doing. :(

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #733 on: October 06, 2012, 09:55:17 PM »
THEY WILL BE,LOMORRAH...BUT JESUS SAID 'BE CAREFUL THAT YE NOT DEVOUR ONE ANOTHER"

MAKES ME THINK ABOUT THE BIRDS[UNCLEAN SPIRITS] DEVOURING THE FLESH OF

GENERALS,ARMIES ETC.

AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THIS AGE YOU WILL SEE THE GOOD/EVIL CONTRAST

PROPHETS OF GOD/FALSE PROPHETS..  CHRISTS/ANTICHRISTS..........

HE IS SHOWING IN THE NATURAL WORLD THAT WHICH IS IN INVISIBLE/SPIRITUAL REALM

HE HAS HIS WITTNESSES IN HEAVEN AND EARTH

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #734 on: October 06, 2012, 10:03:41 PM »

The city is in a desert.

Iraq has many times more proven oil reserves than does Saudi Arabia, and it is "sweeter oil" not the heavy sulphur content of the kind found in Saudi Arabia. This  places the city of question right where so much of the world's rebellious attitude towards God began, at the original location of Babylon about 50 miles to the south of present day Baghdad. Today it is a thriving & bustling tourist hot spot, in years to come it will become the "mother of harlots", she will be the madaam in command of her daughter harlot cities such as Tyre, and a few others, Jerusalem may be one of them as well, which is why the woman of Rev 12:6 needs to flee the city for its safety, yes, even Jerusalem appears to succumb to the harlotry of the head whore in Babylon, Iraq.

Yeah.  That could be true if we have to wait a while, as you think.  On the other hand, if not, I've named the most likely near term candidate.  The woman in Rev 12:6 is a different woman.

What did you think of Kissinger's comment?  Or are you one who considers physical Israel irrelevant, too?

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #735 on: October 06, 2012, 10:22:38 PM »
 THE WOMAN IN A BASKET.....A MEASURING BASKET.....A WOMAN SITS IN THE BAKET

'THIS IS WICKEDNESS" A LEAD LID OVER IT'S MOUTH.....TAKEN TO THE LAND OF SHINAR

BABYLON...TO BUILD A HOUSE FOR IT....FOLLOWED BY FOUR CHARIOTS COMING OUT FROM

TWO MOUNTAINS OF BRONZE[JUDGEMENT]

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #736 on: October 07, 2012, 12:03:53 AM »

What did you think of Kissinger's comment?  Or are you one who considers physical Israel irrelevant, too?

Don't know anything about Kissinger's comment. What was that about?

But about Babylon in Iraq, as Rev 17:5 clearly states, she is the mother of harlot daughters, which can only mean there will be consorting cities in other nations whom she will seduce.

The city of Jerusalem will be as "Sodom & Egypt" (Rev 11:8) & will be so intolerant of faithful Jews, that the city fathers will have them killed, then they will make life so miserable to the followers of the two witnesses that the faithful remnant will need to flee the city to prevent receiving the same treatment, some say they will flee to Petra (Rev 12:6).

If you read through some of the Old Testament prophecies, many cities & peoples are counted as "playing the harlot", Isa 1:21, Isa 23:15, others are alluded to, all are daughters of the "head harlot" so to speak.

I would imagine many other cities of the world could be added to that list because harlot "daughters" is a plural word, meaning of course that Babylon must have more than one harlot daughter. So, with Tyre & Jerusalem explicitly enumerated in the list, we have a plural form of the word of at least two daughters, and if there are two, you can bet there will be more unspecified daughters. Use your imagination & it wouldn't be hard to come up with a few candidates.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #737 on: October 07, 2012, 12:54:38 AM »

The city is in a desert.

Hey how did you know this, lol.

You said what I believe. When mystery babylon is rebuilt, she takes over and she conquers parts of Jerusalem, extending her empire, just like the old days.
No one would have believed the adversary entered Jerusalem, because of the strength of their God, but antichrist is crafty and comes in peaceably, by attacking the holy covenant and defiling the land, by peace he shall destroy many.

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #738 on: October 07, 2012, 01:28:05 AM »

The city is in a desert.

Hey how did you know this, lol.

Read it in the Bible, stayed away from all the silly Bible Commentaries which do nothing more than confuse these issues.

You said what I believe. When mystery babylon is rebuilt, she takes over and she conquers parts of Jerusalem, extending her empire, just like the old days.
No one would have believed the adversary entered Jerusalem, because of the strength of their God, but antichrist is crafty and comes in peaceably, by attacking the holy covenant and defiling the land, by peace he shall destroy many.

Your immediate above quote is 100% accurate, without a doubt we're on the same page. A lot more things need to change in the mid-east before we see the rebuilt Babylon which will become the world's financial center of commerce. A lot of present-day national boundaries & alliances in the mid-east will be in for sudden & lurching changes.

Online lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #739 on: October 07, 2012, 04:02:53 AM »
THEY WILL BE,LOMORRAH...BUT JESUS SAID 'BE CAREFUL THAT YE NOT DEVOUR ONE ANOTHER"

MAKES ME THINK ABOUT THE BIRDS[UNCLEAN SPIRITS] DEVOURING THE FLESH OF

GENERALS,ARMIES ETC.

AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THIS AGE YOU WILL SEE THE GOOD/EVIL CONTRAST

PROPHETS OF GOD/FALSE PROPHETS..  CHRISTS/ANTICHRISTS..........

HE IS SHOWING IN THE NATURAL WORLD THAT WHICH IS IN INVISIBLE/SPIRITUAL REALM

HE HAS HIS WITTNESSES IN HEAVEN AND EARTH
:thumbsup:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #740 on: October 07, 2012, 04:44:51 AM »
 :umnick:

Israel : Israeli Air Force shoots down unmanned Drone over Southern Airspace (Oct 6, 2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtPKKu2TSN8

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #741 on: October 07, 2012, 05:04:58 AM »
Rev 11:8  Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.

Rev 16:19  The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath.

Rev 17:18  The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth."

Rev 18:10  Terrified at her torment, they will stand far off and cry: "'Woe! Woe, O great city, O Babylon, city of power! In one hour your doom has come!'

and cry out: "'Woe! Woe, O great city, dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet, and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls! In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin!' "Every sea captain, and all who travel by ship, the sailors, and all who earn their living from the sea, will stand far off. When they see the smoke of her burning, they will exclaim, 'Was there ever a city like this great city?' They will throw dust on their heads, and with weeping and mourning cry out: "'Woe! Woe, O great city, where all who had ships on the sea became rich through her wealth! In one hour she has been brought to ruin! Rejoice over her, O heaven! Rejoice, saints and apostles and prophets! God has judged her for the way she treated you.'" Then a mighty angel picked up a boulder the size of a large millstone and threw it into the sea, and said: "With such violence the great city of Babylon will be thrown down, never to be found again.
(Rev 18:16-21)

For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
(Rev 19:2)

I am not sure that all these prophecies can be fulfilled by an Arab confederacy or caliphate, certainly not at this time. I think the "ruler of all the kings of the earth", "where our lord was crucified", who has "corrupted the earth with her fornication" is a mystical matrix of principalities that moves around ruling over the kingdoms of the earth through different kingdoms in different eras(see Rev 17:9-11). For over two thousand of years it was Rome. She(Babylon) sits upon seven hills. The hills represent kingdoms manifesting thoughout time. She is the "mother of all the harlots and abominations of the earth of the earth"- I don't think Islam qualifies for that title- evil as it is, it is only about 700 years old. The fact that the whole world mourns at her fall, "who will by our silks, our perfumes, etc....." and the references to her painted face and her fornications leads me to believe she situated over the western capitalist nations at the time of her fall, perhaps Rome again, or New York City, or perhaps, earthly Jerusalem, "where our Lord was crucified".

however, if you recall Psalms where the prophetic voice speaks of "Bashan"

I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly. Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help. Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round. They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion. I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.
(Psa 22:10-14)

The people of Bashan were the remnant of the giants(Joshua 12:4) who came with their king Og against the Israelites under Moses, and were utterly destroyed. "Strong bulls of Bashan" have surrounded me, IMO refers (figuratively) to the principalities and powers and the Cainites(Pharisees) that where watching as Jesus died on the cross displayed before all, "if they(principalities and powers) had understood(the hidden wisdom) they would not have crucified the Lord of glory". (1 Cor. 2)

These "principalities" acted through the Pharisees(you are of your father the devil, he was a murderer from the beginning).

Babylon (head of gold, ruled by man, ridden by the whore), is the evolutionary pinnacle of Cain, embodied by the devil(anti-Christ), in bed with the prostitute "religion of the day".

The hill of God(Zion) is described in scripture as a "high hill like Bashan"(Psalm 68:15)

Amos prophesied
, "Hear this word, ye kin of Bashan, that are in the mountain of Samaria, which oppress the poor, which crush the needy, which say to their masters, Bring, and let us drink". Likening the Israelites of unrighteous Samaria(another hill) to the Canaanites of Baashan who had once possessed the land.

Ezekiel prophesied,"Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan."

This is similar to Revelations, John's prophesy

And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great. And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
(Rev 19:17-19)

The seven hills represent seven kings(kingdoms) upon which the woman sits, five had fallen already at the time of John's prophesy, one was currently in power as John's prophecy was given(Rome), the seventh was not yet and the beast was the eighth kingdom and was from the seven.(Revelations17:9) This, IMO supports Mystery Babylon as a more ubiquitous and aoinian figure of the "hill of Bashan", the "god of this age", and the "jezebel type" of religion that fornicates with the world and slays the saints and prophets. This type is PERFECTLY MANIFEST in the age as Herod(head of gold, beast) is ridden by Herodias(the harlot with a gold cup in her mouth drinking blood) and murders/martyrs John the Baptist at her request because of LUST FOR HERODIAS' DAUGHTER.

The city of god surrounded by the hordes of the nations(hills) is both a type and a historically recurring fact of the scriptures and the age.

As to whether there will be a final "great city" manifestation in Iran/Iraq- I am not saying that is not eventually possible, but it doesnt seem imminent or likely to me(but I aint nobody anyhow :o)
:2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c:

« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 05:20:26 AM by eaglesway »
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #742 on: October 07, 2012, 05:13:12 PM »
 amen  Eaglesway

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #743 on: October 07, 2012, 07:17:02 PM »

As to whether there will be a final "great city" manifestation in Iran/Iraq- I am not saying that is not eventually possible, but it doesnt seem imminent or likely to me(but I aint nobody anyhow :o) [/color]:2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c:

It is not imminent, at least probably not within the lifetimes of the current posters at this site no matter what your age. Too many things with regard to national boundaries in the mid-east must change, for example, there must be two kings of the North in Daniel 11 who have careers in which the text suggests lasts for at least two generations of two Northern Kings who engage in combat with the southern King of Egypt. Today we don't see anything like that occurring.

When I read in the headlines of the tabloids that Dan 11:6 has been fulfilled at a time just a few short years prior to the 70th week of Damiel's prophecy commencing, then my interest will be piqued, not until then. You can be sure that wedding will be a well publicized event.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #744 on: October 07, 2012, 08:31:39 PM »
Daniel 11 and historical events

Much of the prophecy in Daniel 11 has already happened. Some of it is still in the future. This chart compares historical events with the prophecy so we can tell what are past, and what are future events.

FOR EXAMPLE

11:6, After some years they shall make an alliance, and the daughter of the king of the south shall come to the king of the north to make peace; but she shall not retain the strength of her arm, and he and his offspring shall not endure; but she shall be given up, and her attendants, her child, and he who got possession of her.

Ptolemy II's daughter, Berenice, married the north king Antiochus II Theos bringing a short lived alliance. Berenice's children were to be the new heirs to the throne. But Antiochus left later returned to his first wife and Berenice and her children were all killed.

What never happened (or is yet to happen)

The Verses following 36 cannot be linked with actual historical events. They tell of the last days(the time of the end) where the northern king will position himself as a god to be worshiped, and will be attacked by the Southern King.

After the attack, the Northern King will dominate and overtake many countries. Yet his time will also come to an end.

So now the question remains, why did this not happen? Why does it seem to be reserved for a future event?

The answer may be confusing at first, but Paul speaks of "the dispensation of the mystery" a time which was never prophesied. We are living in it now. It is an unforetold gap in prophetic history, put here by God to save the Gentiles until Israel is ready.

You can read more about this here.

http://www.christian-revolution.net/studyRender.php?studyID=29

We have established that we live in a dispensation/era of salvation through grace alone. Only Paul's message brings to light things about this dispensation. Not only are we free from the law of Moses, saved by grace alone, we also live in a "mystery."

Paul refers to this dispensation as the mystery because nothing about it has ever been to any prophet prior to Paul. Only with Paul do we find details about this grace era.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:35:00 PM by Molly »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #745 on: October 07, 2012, 08:48:42 PM »
Ephesians 3:2 Surely you have heard about the administration of God's grace that was given to me for you,

I was chosen to explain to everyone this mysterious plan that God, the Creator of all things, had kept secret from the beginning.  Eph 3:9

Romans 11:25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.

Romans 16:25 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past,

Colossians 1:26 the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints.

To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.  Col 1:27

Ephesians 1:18 I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,

and his incomparably great power for us who believe.

"mystery"

G3466
μυστήριον
mustērion
moos-tay'-ree-on
From a derivative of μύω muō (to shut the mouth); a secret or "mystery" (through the idea of silence imposed by initiation into religious rites): - mystery.

Hebrews 6:19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain,

where Jesus, who went before us, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek. Hebrews 6:20

« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 09:18:01 PM by Molly »

Doug

« Reply #746 on: October 07, 2012, 09:18:52 PM »

The answer may be confusing at first, but Paul speaks of "the dispensation of the mystery" a time which was never prophesied. We are living in it now. It is an unforetold gap in prophetic history, put here by God to save the Gentiles until Israel is ready.

You can read more about this here.

http://www.christian-revolution.net/studyRender.php?studyID=29

We have established that we live in a dispensation/era of salvation through grace alone. Only Paul's message brings to light things about this dispensation. Not only are we free from the law of Moses, saved by grace alone, we also live in a "mystery."

Paul refers to this dispensation as the mystery because nothing about it has ever been to any prophet prior to Paul. Only with Paul do we find details about this grace era.

Those who believe these things must believe Peter was wrong when he said:

Acts 3
18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

Peter said all the prophets had foretold these days. This must refer to the present era of the church. Anyone who thinks there is an "unforetold gap in prophetic history" contradicts Peter. Not only that, but James as well. He said, "Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world." [Acts 15:18]

IMO, there is no such thing as an "unforetold gap" except in the misty darkness of dispensationalist delusions.

Doug

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #747 on: October 07, 2012, 09:30:19 PM »
Quote from: doug
IMO, there is no such thing as an "unforetold gap" except in the misty darkness of dispensationalist delusions.

It was a mystery, that is, kept hidden, for eyes only, known only to the initiates--those who were personally told by God.  Kept secret for ages and generations.

Is that so hard to understand?

This mystery is now being made known to the saints.

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #748 on: October 07, 2012, 09:58:10 PM »
Daniel 11 and historical events

Much of the prophecy in Daniel 11 has already happened. Some of it is still in the future. This chart compares historical events with the prophecy so we can tell what are past, and what are future events.

FOR EXAMPLE

11:6, After some years they shall make an alliance, and the daughter of the king of the south shall come to the king of the north to make peace; but she shall not retain the strength of her arm, and he and his offspring shall not endure; but she shall be given up, and her attendants, her child, and he who got possession of her.

Ptolemy II's daughter, Berenice, married the north king Antiochus II Theos bringing a short lived alliance. Berenice's children were to be the new heirs to the throne. But Antiochus left later returned to his first wife and Berenice and her children were all killed.

Sorry Mol, your trying to rewrite the writ of verse 6, so let me correct the record of what it actually states:

"And in the end of years they shall join themselves together; for the king's daughter of the south shall come to the king of the north....." KJ

The context of the prophecy of this wedding is "end of years", not the end of the time of the very ancient Greek empire. You only need to read the actual words of the Bible, not the words of all those silly commentaries which are almost clueless about anything when it comes to most of prophecy.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 02:54:55 AM by Paul L »

goodreport

« Reply #749 on: October 07, 2012, 10:01:20 PM »
Molly - Doug:

I've just gathered all my print-outs of posts by both of you (Prophecy and The Better Land threads).

I'm so grateful for the enormous amount of invaluable information (at least to me) re:  Scriptures and history (religious and secular--past, current,---> and future(?) that you two have been sharing.  THANK YOU!!!!!

You have saved me hours of research-- I'm old, time and energy mean a great deal to me.  I've been able to connect many dots in one of my many ongoing studies:  Natural first, then Spiritual (1 Cor 15:46)

May God richly bless all your efforts.  Again, many thanks.