Author Topic: Prophecy  (Read 150054 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
!
« Reply #475 on: September 16, 2012, 04:07:54 AM »
Well sheila, don't you just start it on your own, without the help of Molly? You have that privilege, go for it! :banana:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: Prophecy
« Reply #476 on: September 16, 2012, 04:39:21 AM »
I don't know what these people are complaining about.  Twenty one countries simultaneously attacking American embassies looks like a great job of community organizing to me.  Why, it's almost a....caliphate.

:umnick:

State Department to press: Stop asking us about the sacking of Benghazi consulate
posted at 11:31 am on September 15, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

The US insists that the death of an American ambassador and three others in Benghazi resulted from a riot spinning out of control over a cheesy YouTube video. The Libyan government insists that the operation that sacked the consulate and assassinated the four diplomatic personnel was a well-planned plot that exploited the rioting. Who to believe? Whatever you think, don't bother asking the State Department, because they have told the media they're done discussing it:

The State Department told reporters Friday afternoon that it won't answer any more questions about the Sept. 11 attack on the consulate in Benghazi that killed four Americans until the investigation into the incident is complete.

"I'm going to frustrate all of you, infinitely, by telling you that now that we have an open FBI investigation on the death of these four Americans, we are not going to be in a position to talk at all about what the U.S. government may or may not be learning about how any of this this happened not who they were, not how it happened, not what happened to Ambassador Stevens, not any of it until the Justice Department is ready to talk about the investigation that's its got," State Department spokeswoman Victorian Nuland told reporters late Friday afternoon.

"So I'm going to send to the FBI for those kinds of questions and they're probably not going to talk to you about it," she said.

They won't answer any questions at all while the investigation continues? That seems awfully convenient, especially since State had the responsibility for securing that mission in Benghazi in the first place and on the anniversary of 9/11, a time when one might expect some kind of attack attempt. Fox News military analyst Col. David Hunt told Breitbart's Michael Patrick Leahy that the security policy for all Libyan diplomatic missions was determined last year after the fall of Moammar Qaddafi, and signed by Hillary Clinton and that it "severely compromised" the safety of the diplomatic staff:

Hunt told Breitbart News that the new State Department Rules of Engagement for Libya, approved and signed by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton since the 2011 fall of Khadafi's regime, severely compromised the safety and security of murdered Ambassador Stevens and all American diplomatic staff in Libya.

He also stated that the decision not to staff Benghazi with Marines was made by Secretary of State Clinton when she attached her signature to the State Department Rules of Engagement for Libya document. Breitbart News has subsequently learned that under those rules of engagement, Secretary Clinton prohibited Marines from providing security at any American diplomatic installation in Libya.

Hunt told Breitbart News that "the rules of engagement have been changing drastically over the last 10 years. . . The reason the surge in Iraq worked was we had another 40,000 soldiers and the rules of engagement were changed to allow our guys to shoot. What's happened in Libya is the final straw of political correctness. We allowed a contractor to hire local nationals as security guards, but said they can't have bullets. This was all part of the point of not having a high profile in Libya."

According to Hunt, the debacle at the American mission in Benghazi is directly the result of Obama's new policies. "The policy of the Obama administration led to this," he said.

The building in Benghazi lacked even the basic security amenities, like bulletproof glass, Hunt claimed, and the building itself as insubstantial as "an outhouse." If these indeed were the security arrangements, it reminds me of the UN's mission in Baghdad after the fall of Saddam Hussein. The UN refused to use troops from the US and UK to secure the facility, instead placing themselves outside of the American "Green Zone" in Baghdad and hiring local security forces. Shortly afterward in August 2003, terrorists attacked the UN facility and killed the mission's leader, Sergio Viera de Mello, 21 others, and wounded more than 100. After a second attack just a month later, the UN withdrew its mission entirely.

Not only should we have learned a lesson from that attack, we should also have learned a lesson from the map. While Tripoli remains fairly secure in the western part of Libya, Benghazi is located on the other side of the country where radical Islamist groups have percolated for years. Al-Qaeda in Iraq recruited heavily from that part of the country while fighting the US in western Iraq particularly, and the fall of Qaddafi has allowed these groups including AQ to operate more openly. That was one of the big concerns when Obama pushed NATO into a war against Qaddafi; deposing him would leave a power vacuum into which radical Islamists could seize control of at least parts of a fractured Libya. If no one at State understood that well enough to know that diplomatic missions in Libya and especially in Benghazi would need stronger rather than lighter security, one has to wonder what exactly they were thinking.

Of course, we can't ask them now, because they're refusing to answer any questions. That led to this interesting question from a reporter at the presser:

Reporters at the briefing pointed out that the officials on that conference call noted that they were giving out preliminary information that might have been wrong and if the State Department doesn't talk about the night's events ever again, that wrong information would remain uncorrected in the public sphere.

"The U.S. government is going to be happy to let incorrect information stand?" one reporter asked.

Perhaps incorrect information serves their interests better than the truth, eh?

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/09/15/state-department-to-press-stop-asking-us-about-the-sacking-of-benghazi-consulate/

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #477 on: September 16, 2012, 05:06:12 AM »
Hey, are we prophesying or is it biblical speculation, from current events.... as we see it? In other words, just how some find the Bible to be understood perhaps for panic or peace. I mean there are some folks who have regretted standing on a mountain in the south west waiting for (a) [the] rapture, that just never happened.
For me it is just sad, sad.. that folks who believe and I mean really believe.. sad that they just refuse to WAIT on the Lord and that they need to have it all figured out for Him, and doing so, they just hype the population[of believers] into hyperbole. Sad.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #478 on: September 16, 2012, 05:13:40 AM »
Hey, are we prophesying or is it biblical speculation, from current events

Since these current events were already predicted on this thread [and the lost thread] before they happened, based on Bible passages, I guess it could pass for prophecy.   God must want us to have some idea what he is doing before he does it--Especially since at least 25 percent of the Bible is prophecy-.

The question really is---Do current events accurately fulfill the prophetic passages we are looking at?   That is, if one wishes to take them literally.

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #479 on: September 16, 2012, 08:04:37 AM »
There's a big difference, on the one hand, between Bible provoked speculations and interpretations, even attempting to read the daily news and Scripture as interacting aspects of the same thing and, on the other hand, actual prophecy.  God wants us all to prophecy.  It is an aspect of the new man in promise, a foretaste of what being born of God will mean.  Prophecy is not Bible interpretation.  Scripture says of itself that what is put on stone, what is ink on paper, that is the Old Covenant.  The New Covenant is written on the fleshy tables of our hearts and minds by the Holy Ghost.  So the Books explained or the Spirit's quickening, this is the choice.  I know there's sort of a false dichotomy here; but, the high road needs to be recognized and committed to, not to the exclusion of the other, but to the determination of what will mark our lives.
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline jugghead

• Snr
« Reply #480 on: September 16, 2012, 02:01:50 PM »
There's a big difference, on the one hand, between Bible provoked speculations and interpretations, even attempting to read the daily news and Scripture as interacting aspects of the same thing and, on the other hand, actual prophecy.  God wants us all to prophecy.  It is an aspect of the new man in promise, a foretaste of what being born of God will mean.  Prophecy is not Bible interpretation.  Scripture says of itself that what is put on stone, what is ink on paper, that is the Old Covenant.  The New Covenant is written on the fleshy tables of our hearts and minds by the Holy Ghost.  So the Books explained or the Spirit's quickening, this is the choice.  I know there's sort of a false dichotomy here; but, the high road needs to be recognized and committed to, not to the exclusion of the other, but to the determination of what will mark our lives.

I agrre that we are becoming the prophets of God, I believe we are to see that the ten commandments were not just laws to be obeyed, but were the promises (prophecy) of God, that in the end, when He completes everything, we shall have no other Gods before Him; we shall not make any graven images; we shall remember the Sabbath and to keep it Holy and so on.

Here is a bit of prophecy from what I believe is of the Spirit through me; the flood is coming, not with water, but of the Spirit, this world is reserved for fire and that fire being the refining fire of the Father through His Spirit. We are going to start seeing more and more of what the Father is doing in all of us through Christ and His Spirit, we will see the flood of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit throughout mankind.

The example of Noah taking the animals upon the ark, two by two, is what I believe is us bringing others unto the ark of understanding, giving both viewpoints at once, each pair of understanding one set at a time. What is righteous and unrighteous, what is good and what is evil, what God is doing and what men are doing.

We are called to present both sides of the story at once to those who will hunger for the truth, the famine that is to come upon this world is one of; people are not going to know where to turn in order to understand what happened to them when they are doused with the Spirit, they will thirst and the water of the Spirit will be hard to come by, it is this we are to recognize and bring them alongside to help them understand and quench their thirst.

People can believe what they want, that is our free will, but it is this understanding that I believe in and am waiting upon so that I may become a servant to serve the water of the Spirit to those who are thirsty and my hope rests in that I will hear the words, "well done good and faithful servant".

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #481 on: September 16, 2012, 06:01:52 PM »
Iran Warns Israel, U.S. Against Attack
By ALI AKBAR DAREINI 09/16/12 06:04 AM

TEHRAN -- The top commander in Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard warned Sunday that "nothing will remain" of Israel if it takes military action against Tehran over its controversial nuclear program.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/16/iran-warns-israel-us-against-attack_n_1887863.html

The article reports that Iran has 'close ties' to Gaza and Lebanon [Hezbollah and Hamas], implying that Israel will be attacked on her borders should she attack Iran.

3 The voice of the Lord is heard over the waters.
The God of glory thunders.
The Lord thunders over the mighty waters.
4 The voice of the Lord is powerful.
The voice of the Lord is majestic.
5 The voice of the Lord breaks the cedar trees.
The Lord breaks the cedars of Lebanon into pieces.
6 He makes the mountains of Lebanon skip like a calf.
He makes Mount Hermon jump like a young wild ox.

7 The voice of the Lord strikes
with flashes of lightning.
8 The voice of the Lord shakes the desert.
The Lord shakes the Desert of Kadesh.
9 The voice of the Lord twists the oak trees.
It strips the forests bare.
And in his temple everyone cries out, "Glory!"

--Psa 29

Mount Hermon (Arabic: جبل الشيخ‎ / ALA-LC: Jabal al-Shaykh / "Mountain of the Chief"; Hebrew: הר חרמון‎, Har Hermon, "Mount Hermon") is a mountain cluster in the Anti-Lebanon mountain range. Its summit straddles the border between Syria and Lebanon[1] and, at 2,814 m (9,232 ft) above sea level, is the highest point in Syria.

--Wikipedia

However, since 1905 modern Ain el-Qudeirat in the Wadi el-Ain of the northern Sinai has been widely accepted as the location of biblical Kadesh Barnea

--Wikipedia

He makes the mountains of Lebanon skip like a calf--earthquake!

I decided it was time to pay Israel's enemies back.
The year for me to set my people free had come. Isa 63

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #482 on: September 16, 2012, 07:16:40 PM »
It seems Molly and the Islamic leaders are on the same page.(or pages)

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #483 on: September 16, 2012, 07:25:45 PM »
It seems Molly and the Islamic leaders are on the same page.(or pages)

Not really.  They think Jesus is going to return and kill all the Christians and Jews.

Their page is my page upsidedown.

Sam Harris:  Islam is not a religion of peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LfKLV6rmLxE

Muslim Leader Admits Islam Not a Religion of Peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64V09tTIjR4&feature=related

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #484 on: September 16, 2012, 08:00:50 PM »
i WILL TELL YOU THIS. OVER A YEAR AGO I READ ON A SITE..THAT HAD SOME WRITINGS OF MUHAMMED'S FIRST WIFE.  SUPPOSEDLY

IT WAS THIS BOOK/EXPOSE THAT  REVEALED HOMOSEXUALITY AND CHILD MOLESTATION. I CAN NOT RECALL THE NAME OF THE SITE

BUT I BELEIVE IT WAS HEADED BY A FORMER MUSLIM WOMAN.  IT IS THESE VERY THINGS THAT ARE SUPPOSEDLY IN THE FILM

Doug

« Reply #485 on: September 16, 2012, 08:17:55 PM »

3 The voice of the Lord is heard over the waters.
The God of glory thunders.
The Lord thunders over the mighty waters.
4 The voice of the Lord is powerful.
The voice of the Lord is majestic.
6 He makes the mountains of Lebanon skip like a calf.
He makes Mount Hermon jump like a young wild ox.

And in his temple everyone cries out, "Glory!"

--Psa 29

Mount Hermon (Arabic: جبل الشيخ‎ / ALA-LC: Jabal al-Shaykh / "Mountain of the Chief"; Hebrew: הר חרמון‎, Har Hermon, "Mount Hermon") is a mountain cluster in the Anti-Lebanon mountain range. Its summit straddles the border between Syria and Lebanon[1] and, at 2,814 m (9,232 ft) above sea level, is the highest point in Syria.

--Wikipedia

He makes the mountains of Lebanon skip like a calf--earthquake!

The psalm quoted probably has nothing to do with earthquakes. Mount Hermon was originally called Zion.

Deuteronomy 3:8-9
And we took at that time out of the hand of the two kings of the Amorites the land that was on this side Jordan, from the river of Arnon unto mount Hermon;
(Which Hermon the Sidonians call Sirion; and the Amorites call it Shenir;)

Deuteronomy 4:48
From Aroer, which is by the bank of the river Arnon, even unto mount Sion, which is Hermon,

Psalm 133:1-3
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

The name Zion was applied to a hill in Jerusalem, where the temple was built, in David's time. So perhaps it was the label "Zion" that "skipped" all the way from the Lebanon area to Jerusalem. No earthquake was involved.

Psalm 125:1
They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever.

Jesus identified himself with the temple. The Jerusalem temple was a type of the true temple, which is the church, of which Jesus is the chief corner stone, and the apostles and prophets the foundation. [Eph. 2:20] This is the Zion which cannot be removed. Jesus ascended to heaven, to his Father's throne. The true temple is "built without hands." The earthly temple was destroyed by the Romans, so that one cannot be the one referred to in Psa. 125:1. Paul said to the Athenians, "God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands." [Acts 17:24]

All believers have come to "mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem." [Heb. 12:22]

David said, mountains "skipped like rams" when Israel left Egypt.

Psalm 114
1 When Israel went out of Egypt, the house of Jacob from a people of strange language;
2 Judah was his sanctuary, and Israel his dominion.
3 The sea saw it, and fled: Jordan was driven back.
4 The mountains skipped like rams, and the little hills like lambs.
5 What ailed thee, O thou sea, that thou fleddest? thou Jordan, that thou wast driven back?
6 Ye mountains, that ye skipped like rams; and ye little hills, like lambs?
7 Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob;
8 Which turned the rock into a standing water, the flint into a fountain of waters.

When lambs and rams skip, they become airborne.

These mountains are clearly metaphorical. The nation of Israel possessed the promises given to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and these are the "mountains" that skipped like rams, as Israel went from campsite to campsite in the wilderness, till they reached the promised land. The nation of Israel is referred to as a mountain by Ezekiel. For example,

Ezekiel 20:40
For in mine holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them in the land, serve me: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the firstfruits of your oblations, with all your holy things.

The oracles of God, committed to Israel, were among their chief possessions, according to Paul.

Romans 3:1-2
What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

They are represented metaphorically by "mountains" in several prophecies. Peter said,

2 Peter 1:3-4
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust

Perhaps when he said the promises of God are "exceeding great and precious" he was alluding to their identification with mountains, which can be traced back to Genesis 49:26.

Doug
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 08:30:15 PM by Doug »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #486 on: September 16, 2012, 08:33:41 PM »
Here you go, Doug, work on these lines, you forgot about them:

The year for me to set my people free had come.

Doug

« Reply #487 on: September 16, 2012, 09:29:51 PM »
Here you go, Doug, work on these lines, you forgot about them:

The year for me to set my people free had come.

A commentary on this psalm, The Psalms, tr. and explained by J. A. Alexander says:

[begin quote: pp. 230-236]

PSALM XXIX.

The essential idea in this psalm is the same as in the twenty-eighth, to wit, that God is the strength of his people, but clothed in a different costume, the divine power being proved or exemplified by its exertion in the elements, and then applied, in the close, to the believer's consolation. The Psalmist first invokes the heavenly host to celebrate their sovereign's honour, vs. 1, 2. He then describes Jehovah's voice as producing the most striking physical effects, vs. 3--9, and represents it as belonging to the same God who presided at the deluge and who now protects and will continue to protect his people, vs. 10, 11. The superficial notion that this psalm is merely a description of a thunderstorm, or of Jehovah as the God of thunder, may be corrected by observing that the last verse gives the key-note of the whole composition.

2. Give to Jehovah the honour of his name; bow to Jehovah in beauty of holiness. The honour of his name is that belonging to it. His name is manifested in nature. See above, on Ps. v. 12. The verb in the last clause strictly means, bow down or prostrate yourselves in worship.--The beauty of holiness is by many understood to mean holy or consecrated garments, such as were put on in the place of ordinary dress, as a token of reverence, by the priests when they approached into the presence of Jehovah. See 2 Chr. xx. 21. But neither here nor in Ps. xcvi. 9. ex. 3, is there any valid objection to the obvious but spiritual sense of ornament produced by or consisting in holiness, such decoration as became the peculiar people of Jehovah. Compare 1 Peter iii. 3--5.

3. The voice of Jehovah on the waters! The God of glory thundered. The voice of Jehovah (was) on many waters. The invocation to the heavenly host in the two preceding verses is now justified by an appeal to one particular manifestation of God's majesty, to wit, that afforded by the tempestuous strife of elements.--The first clause may be construed as an exclamation, or the substantive verb may be supplied, either in the past or present tense. The preterite form of the original does not relate to any specific point of past time, but merely shows that the phenomena described have been heretofore witnessed, and though grand are nothing new. Our present tense gives the sense correctly, but with a departure from the idiomatic form of the original.-- The God of Glory contains an allusion to vs. 1, 2. Compare Ps. xxiv. 7--10.--On (or above) the waters, i. e. the clouds charged with rain. See above, on Ps. xviii. 12 (11), and compare Jer. x. 13.

4. The voice of Jehovah in power! The voice of Jehovah in majesty! The exclamations, as in v. 3, may be converted into propositions by supplying either the past or present tense of the verb to be. 'The voice of Jehovah is (or was) in power. In power, in majesty, i. e. invested with these attributes, a stronger expression than the corresponding adjectives, strong and majestic, would be, and certainly more natural and consonant to usage than the construction which makes in a mere sign of that in which something else consists. It is indeed little short of nonsense to affirm that the voice of God consists in power, consists in majesty, whereas there is truth as well as beauty in describing it as clothed or invested with those qualities.

5. The voice of Jehovah (is) breaking cedars, and Jehovah has broken the cedars of Lebanon. In the powerful working of the elements the Psalmist hears the voice of God. That this expression always denotes thunder (Ex. ix. 28), is a perfectly gratuitous assumption.--Cedars are mentioned as the loftiest forest trees, and those of Lebanon as the loftiest of the species. Between the verbs of the two clauses there is a twofold variation which appears to be significant. The first is the primitive verb which simply means to break; the other an intensive form, implying an extraordinary violence. See above, Ps. iii. 8 (7.) This distinction can be reproduced in English only by a change of verb (break and crush), or by some qualifying addition (break and break in pieces.) But besides this variation, the first word is an active participle (breaking) and the second a finite tense denoting past time (broke or has broken), which together may indicate progression (it is breaking and now he has broken) or express the same idea, namely, that he habitually breaks, or has often broken, the cedars of Lebanon.

6. And made them skip like a calf, Lebanon and Sirion like the young of the unicorns (antelopes or wild bulls.) The pronoun in the first clause may refer to cedars, or by anticipation to Lebanon and Sirion. This last is the Sidonian name of Hermon (Deut. iii. 9), the principal summit in the range of Anti-libanus, here mentioned simply as a parallel to Lebanon, without any special local reference. By a similar rhetorical specification, the natural vivacity of young animals is specially ascribed to a particular species, well known to the writer and his readers as remarkable for wildness and agility. See above, on Ps. xxii. 22 (21.)

7. The voice of Jehovah (is) hewing flames (or with flames) of fire. The reference to lightning in this verse is universally admitted, some even seeing an allusion to the brief and sudden flash in the single clause of which the sentence is composed. Interpreters are not agreed, however, with respect to the specific image here presented. Some understand the act described to be that of cleaving or dividing, in allusion to the forked appearance of a flash of lightning; others that of hewing out, extracting, flames; and others that of hewing with them, i. e. using them as weapons of warfare or instruments of vengeance. This last construction is a common one in Hebrew, and is favoured here by the analogy of Isai. li. 9. Hos. vi. 5, where the same verb is applied to God's penal judgments.--The voice of God must here mean his authority or order, as it could not be said without absurdity, that the thunder either hews the lightning or hews with it.

8. The voice of Jehovah is about to shake the wilderness; Jehovah will shake wilderness of Kadesh. This is equivalent to saying that he can do so, the Hebrew verb having no distinct potential form. The verb translated shake is stronger, meaning properly to cause to tremble. Having spoken of God's power as exerted on the mountains, he now says the same thing of the desert; and as the mountains which he specified were on the northern frontier, so the wilderness which he selects is that which bounded Palestine upon the south, the northern portion of the great Arabian desert, with which the Israelites had many strong associations, founded partly in their personal experience, but still more in their national history. See Deut. i. 19. viii. 15. xxxii. 10. It is in this point of view, and not simply as a plain, which it is not in its whole extent, that the wilderness of Kadesh is here added to Mount Lebanon.

9. The voice of Jehovah can make hinds bring forth, and strip forests; and in his temple, all of it says, Glory! The use of the futures is the same as in the foregoing verse. As if to show that the divine control extends to things both small and great, the Psalmist passes suddenly from lofty mountains and vast deserts to the weakest animals, in whom the terror of his presence hastens the throes of parturition. See Job xxxix. 1--3, and compare 1 Sam. iv. 19. He then returns to more imposing natural phenomena, such as the stripping of the leaves and branches from whole forests by a mighty wind, which, no less than the thunder, is to be regarded as the voice of God.--The temple or palace mentioned in the last clause is not the temple at Jerusalem, nor any earthly structure, but heaven, or the whole frame of nature, considered as God's royal residence. See above, on Ps. v. 8 (7.) Throughout this palace, all of it, i. e. all its parts, its contents, or its inhabitants--with special reference perhaps to the angelic hosts invoked in v. 1, who are then described as doing what he there invites them to do--not merely speaks of his glory, as the English version has it, but says "glory!" as their constant and involuntary exclamation. As to the true sense of the verb ..., see above, on Ps. iv. 5(4.)

10. Jehovah at the flood sat (enthroned), and Jehovah sits (as) King to eternity. There are only two ways in which this verse can be understood. It must either be explained as introducing a new trait in the description of a tempest, namely, that of a flood or inundation--or referred to the universal deluge, as the grandest instance of the natural changes which had been described. In favour of the latter explanation may be urged the intrinsic grandeur of the image which it calls up, its better agreement with the solemn declaration in the last clause, the peculiar fitness of a great historical example just in this place, and the invariable usage of ... to mean Noah's flood. The sense of the whole verse may be thus expressed in paraphrase. The God whose voice now produces these effects is the God who sat enthroned upon the deluge, and this same God is still reigning over nature and the elements, and will be able to control them forever.

11. Jehovah strength to his people will give; Jehovah will bless his people (with) peace. This is the application of the whole psalm, clearly showing that the description of external changes was not given for its own sake, or for mere poetical effect, but as a source of consolation and a ground of hope to true believers, who are here assured, in a pregnant summary of all that goes before, that the God who is thus visible and audible in nature, who presided at the flood and is to reign forever, is pledged to exercise the power thus displayed for the protection and well-being of his people.

[/quote]

Doug

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #488 on: September 17, 2012, 03:56:30 AM »

Here is what Israel should say.
    Many times my enemies have beaten me down ever since I was a young nation.
2 Many times my enemies have beaten me down ever since I was a young nation,
    but they haven't won the battle.
3 They have made deep wounds in my back.
    It looks like a field a farmer has plowed.
4 The Lord does what is right.
    Sinners had tied me up with ropes. But the Lord has set me free.

5 May all those who hate Zion
    be driven back in shame.
6 May they be like grass that grows on the roof of a house.
    It dries up before it can grow.
7 There isn't enough of it to fill a person's hand.
    There isn't enough to tie up and carry away.
8 May no one who passes by say to those who hate Zion,
    "May the blessing of the Lord be on you.
    We bless you in the name of the Lord."

---Psa 129

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #489 on: September 17, 2012, 07:49:04 AM »
Try this link to an opening up of the 29th Psalm by Elwin Roach

The Seven Voices of the Son of God

http://www.godfire.net/Seven.html
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #490 on: September 17, 2012, 07:53:27 AM »
A Jewish man's testimony of Christ

Through reading Old Testament prophecy he realized Jesus was the Messiah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgizTuBVudQ&feature=related

Jews for Jesus in Israel

"Jesus will not return until the Jews say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord'."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2q_3sktQBY&feature=related

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #491 on: September 17, 2012, 07:57:33 AM »
Try this link to an opening up of the 29th Psalm by Elwin Roach

The Seven Voices of the Son of God

http://www.godfire.net/Seven.html

Wow, Thanks.... I read a few paragraphs and this is gonna be fun  :gimmefive:
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #492 on: September 17, 2012, 10:00:53 AM »

:sigh:     :umnick:

WND EXCLUSIVE
Iran: Jerusalem will be Israeli 'graveyard'
'If Jews do not leave, there will be no other way but to bury all of its inhabitants'

http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/iran-jerusalem-will-be-israeli-graveyard/

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #493 on: September 18, 2012, 07:42:21 PM »
Those of you familiar with Jewish holidays, [ww,etc] can you think of a good reason why Israel would attack Iran on Yom Kippur? [evening of sept 25 to sunset of sept 26]

What is Yom Kippur?
The holiest day of the year. Fasting and atonement, solemnity and joy...

Yom Kippur is the holiest day of the year--the day on which we are closest to G‑d and to the quintessence of our own souls. It is the Day of Atonement--"For on this day He will forgive you, to purify you, that you be cleansed from all your sins before G‑d" (Leviticus 16:30).

For nearly twenty-six hours--from several minutes before sunset on Tishrei 9 to after nightfall on Tishrei 10--we "afflict our souls": we abstain from food and drink, do not wash or anoint our bodies, do not wear leather footwear, and abstain from marital relations.

Before Yom Kippur we perform the Kaparot atonement service; we request and receive honey cake, in acknowledgement that we are all recipients in G-d's world and in prayerful hope for a sweet and abundant year; eat a festive meal; immerse in a mikvah; and give extra charity. Late afternoon we eat the pre-fast meal, following which we bless our children, light a memorial candle as well as the holiday candles, and go to the synagogue for Kol Nidrei services.

In the course of Yom Kippur we hold five prayer services: Maariv, with its solemn Kol Nidrei service, on the eve of Yom Kippur; Shacharit--the morning prayer, which includes the reading from Leviticus followed by the yizkor memorial service; Musaf, which includes a detailed account of the Yom Kippur Temple service; Minchah, which includes the reading of the Book of Jonah; and Neilah, the "closing of the gates" service at sunset. We say the Al Chet confession of sins eight times in the course of Yom Kippur, and recite Psalms every available moment.

The day is the most solemn of the year, yet an undertone of joy suffuses it: a joy that revels in the spirituality of the day and expresses the confidence that G-d will accept our repentance, forgive our sins, and seal our verdict for a year of life, health and happiness. The closing Neilah service climaxes in the resounding cries of "Hear O Israel... G-d is one." Then joy erupts in song and dance (a Chabad custom is to sing the lively "Napoleon's March"), followed by a single blast of the shofar, followed by the proclamation, "Next year in Jerusalem." We then partake of a festive after-fast meal, making the evening after Yom Kippur a Yom Tov (festival) in its own right.

http://www.chabad.org/holidays/JewishNewYear/template_cdo/aid/177886/jewish/What-is-Yom-Kippur.htm

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #494 on: September 18, 2012, 07:50:43 PM »

8 But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

9 Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away.

10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish.

12 Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.

--Isa 41

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #495 on: September 18, 2012, 08:18:16 PM »
shana tovah u'metukah

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #496 on: September 18, 2012, 08:43:13 PM »
A history lesson on Islam, Christianity, and the Middle East

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Qpy0mXg8Y
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 08:48:47 PM by Molly »

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #497 on: September 18, 2012, 09:41:53 PM »
2 ESDRAS  15; 28  WHAT A TERIFYING SIGHT APPEARING FROM THE EAST. THE NATIONS OF THE DRAGONS OF ARABIA

SHALL COME OUT WITH MANY CHARIOTS, AND FROM THE DAY THAT THEY SET OUT, THEIR HISSING SHALL SPREAD OVER THE EARTH,

SO THAT ALL WHO HEAR THEM SHALL FEAR AND TREMBLE.

ALSO THE CARMONIANS[PARTHIAN EMPIRE] RAGING IN WRATH SHALL GO FORTH LIKE WILD BOARS FROM THE FOREST

AND WITH GREAT POWER THEY SHALL COME AN ENGAGE THEM IN BATTLE, AND WITH THEIR TUSKS THEY SHALL DEVISTATE A

PORTION OF THE LAND OF THE ASSYRIANS WITH THEIR TEETH

AND THEN THE DRAGONS REMEMBERING THEIR ORIGIN SHALL BECOME STILL STRONGER; AND IF THEY COMBINE IN GREAT POWER

AND TURN TO PURSUE THEM, THEN THESE SHALL BE DISORGANIZED AND SILENCED BY THEIR POWER,AND SHALL TURN AND FLEE

SEE THE CLOUDS FROM THE EAST AND FROM THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH THEIR APPEARANCE IS EXCEEDINGLY THREATENING,

FULL OF WRATH AND STORM. THEY SHALL CLASH AGAINST ONE ANOTHER AND POUR OUT A HEAVY TEMPEST UPON THE EARTH,

AND THEIR OWN TEMPEST. AND THERE SHALL BE BLOOD FROM THE SWORD AS HIGH AS A HORSES BELLY AND A MAN'S THIGH

AND A CAMELS HOCK.........

CH 16;18  THE BEGINNING OF SORROWS WHEN THERE SHALL BE MUCH LAMENTATION THE BEGINNING OF FAMINE, WHEN

MANY SHALL PERISH THE BEGINNING OF WARS WHEN THE POWERS SHALL BE TERRIFIED THE BEGINNING OF CALAMATIES.

FAMINE PLAGUE TRIBULATION ANGUISH ARE SENT OF SCOURGES FOR THE CORRECTION OF HUMANKIND...

21 INDEED PROVISIONS WILL BE SO CHEAP UPON EARTH THAT PEOPLE WILL IMAGINE THAT PEACE IS ASSURED FOR THEM........

V 40 HEAR MY WORDS OMY PEOPLE PREPARE FOR BATTLE,AND IN THE MIDST OF THE CALAMITIES BE LIKE STRANGERS ON THE EARTH

V 68  THE BURNING WRATH OF A GREAT MULTITUDE IS KINDLED OVER YOU..THEY SHALL DRAG SOME OF YOU AWAY

AND FORCE YOU TO EAT WHAT IS OFFERED TO IDOLS........FOR IN MANY PLACES AND IN NEIGHBORING CITIES

THERE SHALL BE A GREAT UPRISING OF THOSE WHO FEAR THE LORD

THEY SHALL BE LIKE MANIACS SPARING NO-ONE BUT PLUNDERING AND DESTROYING THOSE WHO FEAR THE LORD

THEN THE TESTED QUALITY OF MY ELECT SHALL BE LIKE GOLD THAT IS TESTED BY FIRE

LISTEN MY ELECT ONES THE DAYS OF TRIBULATION ARE AT HAND BUT I WILL DELIVER YOU FROM THEM

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #498 on: September 20, 2012, 10:35:37 AM »

Armada of international naval power massing in the Gulf as Israel prepares an Iran strike
An armada of US and British naval power is massing in the Persian Gulf in the belief that Israel is considering a pre-emptive strike against Iran's suspected nuclear weapons programme.

Cruisers, aircraft carriers and minesweepers from 25 nations are converging on the strategically important Strait of Hormuz in an unprecedented show of force as Israel and Iran move towards the brink of war.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/9545597/Armada-of-international-naval-power-massing-in-the-Gulf-as-Israel-prepares-an-Iran-strike.html

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #499 on: September 20, 2012, 03:30:24 PM »

Armada of international naval power massing in the Gulf as Israel prepares an Iran strike
An armada of US and British naval power is massing in the Persian Gulf in the belief that Israel is considering a pre-emptive strike against Iran's suspected nuclear weapons programme.

Cruisers, aircraft carriers and minesweepers from 25 nations are converging on the strategically important Strait of Hormuz in an unprecedented show of force as Israel and Iran move towards the brink of war.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/9545597/Armada-of-international-naval-power-massing-in-the-Gulf-as-Israel-prepares-an-Iran-strike.html

The ships of "Chittum" (coastlands), Dan 11:30. You can bet that between now & the appearance of the False Messiah (Anti-Christ) that this whole area will be a staging point for world navies. Just as we see a dry run of those events occurring right now, it will be an even bigger event during the 70th week of Daniel's prophecy. The ships of Chittum are all the world's navies as they gather just off the coast of Israel to support the False Messiah in his battle against Israel's true messiah.