Discussions Relating to Universal Reconciliation > Book of Revelation

Prophecy

<< < (261/404) > >>

dajomaco:

--- Quote from: Molly on December 12, 2012, 03:56:59 AM ---Christians and Muslims do not worship the same God.

The only way to the Christian God is through Jesus Christ and obviously that is not true of  Allah,  the muslim god.  They consider Jesus a prophet of less status than Muhammed.

Rick Warren et al have been bought off by someone, IMO.

--- End quote ---

Molly only God knows the secrets which lay in the heart of man ( and woman)

Molly:
The Black Horseman of Revelation 6

Behold, a black horse...

He is heralding death by famine.

There shall be...famine...

--Luke 21:11

There will be famines...

--Mat 24:7

One day's pay for that day's food for one person.  How do you pay for food for your family?  How do you pay for other necessities?

A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny;

--Rev 6:6

The Black Horseman of famine rides behind the Red Horseman of war.  This famine will happen in the context of war.   

3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

--Rev 6

The pair of scales in the Black Horseman's hand suggest that the food supply is being rationed.  It also suggests only those who can pay will get food.  And, only those who can work will get paid.  Inflation destroys those who cannot work because of age or sickness, the poor, the young, the old, the ill-prepared.

5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny...

--Rev 6

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.  --Mat 24:22

sheila:
let the wheat and tares grow togather.....then He says to the angels...first gather the tares and bind them

into bundles for burning...then...gather in the wheat to my storehouse..   Do Not store up for

yourselves treasures on earth..where moths and rust consume...STORE UP FOR YOURSELVES

TREASURE IN HEAVEN

jabcat:

--- Quote from: Molly on December 13, 2012, 02:11:59 AM ---The Black Horseman of Revelation 6

There shall be...famine...

One day's pay for that day's food for one person.  How do you pay for food for your family?  How do you pay for other necessities?

A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny;

--Rev 6:6

The pair of scales in the Black Horseman's hand suggest that the food supply is being rationed.  It also suggests only those who can pay will get food.  And, only those who can work will get paid.  Inflation destroys those who cannot work because of age or sickness, the poor, the young, the old, the ill-prepared.

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny...

--Rev 6

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.  --Mat 24:22

--- End quote ---

Molly, this prompts me to mention a couple of things;

a penny for a bushel doesn't sound like much...but perhaps taking inflation into account, and/or that's it not literal may answer that

"work = eat"...what about the mark, "can neither buy nor sell"?  Maybe work=eat is only applying to those in the system, while God's flock is being protected in some other manner...

Molly:
A measure of wheat for a penny - See the margin. The word rendered "measure" - χοινιξ choinix - denotes an Attic measure for grain and things dry, equal to the 48th part of the Attic medimnus, or the 8th part of the Roman modius, and consequently was nearly equivalent to one quart English (Robinson's Lexicon). The word rendered "penny," δηναρίον dēnarion - Latin, denarius - was of the same value as the Greek δραχμή drachmē, and was equivalent to about fourteen cents or seven-pence (circa mid-19th century). This was the usual price of a day's labor, Matthew 20:2, Matthew 20:9. The choenix, or measure of grain here referred to, was the ordinary daily allowance for one man (Odyssey xix. 27, 28). See Stuart, in loco. The common price of the Attic medimnus of wheat was five or six denarii; but here, as that contained 48 choenixes or quarts, the price would be augmented to 48 denarii - or it would be about eight times as dear as ordinary; that is, there would be a scarcity or famine. The price of a bushel of wheat at this rate would be about four dollars and a half or 18 shillings - a price which would indicate great scarcity, and which would give rise to much distress.

--Barnes notes

So there you have it.  A bushel of wheat costs 8 times normal.  A man has to work all day to pay for his daily food.  No work, no food.

It's a pretty simple equation of scarcity, inflation, and famine.

Will God's people be somehow outside this system?  I don't know, yet.

I only know he's warning us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version