Discussions Relating to Universal Reconciliation > Book of Revelation

Prophecy

<< < (246/404) > >>

jabcat:
I was reading about the tribulation.  There were a couple of interesting comments, including some guy pointing out the following which had never fully registered with me before..what to make of this?

Rev. 1:9   I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos...

Molly:
Elijah will return to prepare the way for Jesus.  He will return at the beginning of the 3.5 years.  This will be his message:

For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.

4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

--Mal 4

"Remember the  law of Moses my servant."  Remember the Torah.  That will be Elijah's message to God's people.

Elijah will come to restore all things in preparation for the return of the Lord.

10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?

11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.

--Mat 17

Restoring something is bringing it back to what it was originally.

21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

22 But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a prey, and none delivereth; for a spoil, and none saith, Restore.

--Isa 42

We are a destroyed people.  Elijah will preach on this for 3.5 years.

12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

--Isa 58

The repairer of the breach between man and God.  The restorer of paths to dwell in.

We are to learn to  walk in the path of the Torah, restored in preparation for the return of the Lord.

23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life: --Prov 6

Elijah will preach for 3.5 years to restore the remnant and repair the breach.

34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.

35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.

--Psa 119

Molly:

--- Quote from: jabcat on December 06, 2012, 07:31:51 AM ---I was reading about the tribulation.  There were a couple of interesting comments, including some guy pointing out the following which had never fully registered with me before..what to make of this?

Rev. 1:9   I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos...

--- End quote ---

I think-- it is like Paul saying I am your father.  I think--that these great saints could see the future and labored greatly to give birth to our generation and to labor with us in the birth pains for the next.

I think--that they are with us now, cheering us on.

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.

We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.

--Heb 12:1, 2

Molly:
Abbas 'Victory Speech': Jerusalem 'Eternal Capital of Palestine'

PA Chairman promises that someday the PA flag will fly over "Jerusalem, eternal capital of the state of Palestine."

First  Publish: 12/2/2012, 2:58 PM

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/162753

Daniel 11:39: Thus shall he [Antichrist] do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

Revelation 11:1,2
And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. [3.5 years]

13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?

14 Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord God; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?

15 And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:

16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

--Eze 38

Zechariah 14:1-3
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

Molly:
Interesting thing about these folks that declare Jerusalem their eternal capital.  How much can they care for the city when they just did their best to decimate it with rockets?

They are like the mother who wanted to cut the baby in half instead of giving up her claim to a child that was not hers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version