Author Topic: New World Order - What Does It Mean?  (Read 39211 times)

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: New World Order - What Does It Mean?
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2009, 08:58:22 AM »
Holy smokes!  I see it's from the late 70's or early 80's  :dontknow:....
haha.  Same people were in charge then.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2009, 09:16:33 AM »
wow look at his conclusion, Jab

And surely God shall rise with a fury in His nostrils and He shall stretch out His arm, and then shall deliverance come. So be ye not disturbed over these things, for they cannot come until there is a man (spiritual) full grown. They cannot arrive until the man has been brought upon the sea. A many membered one it shall be even in the form of the Christ that stands in the heavens and also on the earth. He shall walk in the triumphant splendor and emergeth in the grandeur of His God. But his ambition shall not be, yea, to live in the heavens.., his desires shall be TO DO THE FATHER'S WILL and walk in the loneliest places of earth that there might be, not only the rain, but even the dew with its refreshing portion, even in the early morning and in the twilight of the Day..."

Ah, it is a black night through which our nation and the world must pass. Yet, praise God, there will also be THE DAWNING OF A NEW DAY, a regeneration process, a full and complete manifestation of the Kingdom of God upon earth. Glory!

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2009, 09:29:47 AM »
After reading, Wow!  Powerful!  "Lord I want to be in that number"... That's all I got to say right now.
Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.  Heb. 12:2

noname

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2009, 03:34:31 PM »
as I see it, the nwo is currently in its final stages of design...

the economic collapse was caused so that the world's federal governments could "bail out" the banks and big companies, effectively turning ownership over to the governments...

now that the governments own the banks, they own the monetary system of the world...and in their eyes, own the world
it is crucial to note that America's biggest creditor is China...which holds trillions of $ worth of American debt...

so, I'm reluctant to ask this, but what happens when America defaults and China starts calling for a payback?
in the case of a home loan from a bank....what happens when one cannot pay back your bond?

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2009, 03:49:26 PM »

The New World Order is a phrase built in paranoia.

Offline Redlettervoice

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2009, 04:32:16 PM »

.....I'm tired of thinking about all of it.  .  I think from now on
I'll keep up with the fashions of Michelle Obama and enjoy looking
at them.

And watch that little ole queen and keep trying to figure out
why she carries that old timy little black purse? 

If we can't change a hair on our own head or add a cubit
to our stature, why do we think we can either prevent or bring
to pass a New World Order?  I think it's Jesus that can do that!

Besides, His New World, was not "of" this world.

I'm going bowling................!!! or blow on my arm!

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2009, 05:05:51 PM »
Hi Red -

Well, I simply don't hold the same End Time view as most of those posting in this thread.  But whatever.  I never have believed in a literal rapture either, nor have I read or believed in the "Left Behind" stuff.  However, I do believe in a Great Tribulation for ALL the inhabitants of the earth and I believe Matthew 24 was not fulfilled thousands of years ago.  And if that makes me someone who should be turned away from, then so be it.  I've been mostly a loner my whole life - I'm used to it.

It is raining cats and dogs here just now!
anne

Ours is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open hearts.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2009, 05:16:59 PM »

so, I'm reluctant to ask this, but what happens when America defaults and China starts calling for a payback?
in the case of a home loan from a bank....what happens when one cannot pay back your bond?

Not the same scenario in the first place.   

China won't call for payback as what rational people actually see, even those in a communist nation,  is that it will never be in their best interest to try to hold the US over a barrel.

noname

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2009, 05:38:27 PM »

China won't call for payback as what rational people actually see, even those in a communist nation,  is that it will never be in their best interest to try to hold the US over a barrel.

be careful who you call a "communist nation"...simple equation: communism=the state owns everything...America is fast approaching that...or have you not noticed how many of your civil liberties have been taken away in the last few years and how many banks and companies have been "bailed out"...and still it is continuing under the new administration

I'm pretty sure China will call in America's debt when the time is right...

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2009, 05:51:37 PM »
Bailed out by who?
And who owns those who paid the bail out......?
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2009, 05:55:24 PM »

be careful who you call a "communist nation"...simple equation: communism=the state owns everything...America is fast approaching that...or have you not noticed how many of your civil liberties have been taken away in the last few years and how many banks and companies have been "bailed out"...and still it is continuing under the new administration

That's also fascism.  What flavor of tyranny will they prefer?  Depends on which party is in charge.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2009, 05:56:31 PM »
Bailed out by who?
Bailed out by the owner of the world, of course.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2009, 06:04:45 PM »

Oh, the civil liberties issue,  yeah,  more paranoia,  your whole demeanor is paranoid.  

Actually what's funny about the constitution and your viewpoint is the founding fathers wanted its citizens to stay armed in order to defend against a tyrannical government.

You lay claim to this tyranny that now exists but you critisize anyone taking violent action against another.  Because if you fight this supposed take over, to actually  STOP it,  there will be human casualties, that you can be ASSured of.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2009, 06:07:12 PM »
Bailed out by who?

Yes, Alfred E. Neuman

oh wait,  the anti-christ we all have to be on the look out for is the owner, yeah,
'

yawn.

oh the NWO  is actually a wresting organization, not sure it's doing that well, don't remember.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2009, 06:14:23 PM »
Bailed out by who?

Yes, Alfred E. Neuman

oh wait,  the anti-christ we all have to be on the look out for is the owner, yeah,
'

yawn.

oh the NWO  is actually a wresting organization, not sure it's doing that well, don't remember.

No.  The one who prints the money.  I'd do it myself, but it's illegal for me to do it.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2009, 06:18:22 PM »
Bailed out by who?

Yes, Alfred E. Neuman

'

yawn.

No.  The one who prints the money.  I'd do it myself, but it's illegal for me to do it.

That is only an issue if you get caught.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2009, 06:25:05 PM »
Bailed out by who?

Yes, Alfred E. Neuman

'

yawn.

Good point.  So I could print all the money we both need.  I would loan it to you, as much as you want.  Of course, the minute you take the first loan, you will be my slave forever because you will never be able to pay me back.  But I will happily take the interest from you and your children and your grandchildren--forever!  I like it!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2009, 06:43:34 PM »
Bailed out by who?

Exactly.
That's a private organisation; so no communism
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2009, 06:47:04 PM »
Bailed out by who?

Exactly.
That's a private organisation; so no communism
It just depends what flavor of the month they want to hide behind.

Communism--all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2009, 06:49:00 PM »
Bailed out by who?

Yes, Alfred E. Neuman

'

yawn.

Good point.  So I could print all the money we both need.  I would loan it to you, as much as you want.  Of course, the minute you take the first loan, you will be my slave forever because you will never be able to pay me back.  But I will happily take the interest from you and your children and your grandchildren--forever!  I like it!

I have paid off loans,  wonder how that happened.......   Got school loans  too, they are a fixed amount and those will be paid back.  Gee, wonder how that is possible.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2009, 06:53:19 PM »
Bailed out by who?

Yes, Alfred E. Neuman

'

yawn.

I have paid off loans,  wonder how that happened.......   Got school loans  too, they are a fixed amount and those will be paid back.  Gee, wonder how that is possible.

Really?  What are you paying them back with?  Debt?  Oh--look at your money--it's a note!  It says so right on it.

Main Entry: bank·note
Function: noun

: a promissory note issued by a bank payable to bearer on demand without interest and acceptable as money

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2009, 07:20:59 PM »
Bailed out by who?

Yes, Alfred E. Neuman

'

yawn.

Really?  What are you paying them back with?  Debt?  Oh--look at your money--it's a note!  It says so right on it.

Main Entry: bank·note
Function: noun

: a promissory note issued by a bank payable to bearer on demand without interest and acceptable as money

The reason we have dollar bills and change is so that we do not have to scrape some gold off of a nugget every time we go to buy something.  Gold can get kinda heavy and it's much harder to weigh some gold dust when you just want a slurpee. 

Our currency is a representation of that.   It is not an illusion that I went to work, got a pay check then  go to my bank and cash it,  then I write a check to the people I owe and when I do not owe them any more money.

The debt is paid.   

While the paranoid people want to use our national debt and deficite as this tool to scare you, the issue is that it is a representation of the countries ability to get things done without having to have cash on hand and it is also a way to keep currency flowing in our hands.

There really is nothing to be scared of in terms of the government siezing your bank accounts and raiding your homes for jewelry to help support us.   There really isn't.   

The value of a dollar bill is a representation of the earning power our economy has, it goes up and down all the time and it is interesting that as all the chickens clucking the same sound chickens always make,  our country remains strong and resilient because people keep going to work and trying,  politicians as flawed as they may be and as unscrupulous as we can find some of them simply want to try for the most parr.

No idea is perfect and no scenario can be undone,  it really is you and people like you and your paranoid freakish assertions that are more damaging to the spirit than anything you seem to think we need to worry about.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2009, 07:51:27 PM »
What gold?

The Bretton Woods system was a international monetary framework of fixed exchange rates after World War II. Drawn up by the U.S. and Britain in 1944. Keynes was one of the architects.
The Bretton Woods system ended on August 15, 1971, when President Richard Nixon ended trading of gold at the fixed price of $35/ounce. At that point for the first time in history, formal links between the major world currencies and real commodities were severed.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:12:17 PM by Molly »

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2009, 08:00:08 PM »
What gold?

Oh seriously,  lol.   Humor is good medicine.

martincisneros

« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2009, 08:01:18 PM »
Hi Red -

Well, I simply don't hold the same End Time view as most of those posting in this thread.  But whatever.  I never have believed in a literal rapture either, nor have I read or believed in the "Left Behind" stuff.  However, I do believe in a Great Tribulation for ALL the inhabitants of the earth and I believe Matthew 24 was not fulfilled thousands of years ago.  And if that makes me someone who should be turned away from, then so be it.  I've been mostly a loner my whole life - I'm used to it.

It is raining cats and dogs here just now!
anne
I'm not even sure what my end times views are right now.  I'm a pest about "all of the details."  I finally found something halfway decent on a preterist view of the book of Revelation and it's raising a lot of questions for me.  Too many questions.  http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C31A25E0CE0A1DC5

It was refreshing at least to hear a Postmillenialist on video say that the world's going to get better and better.  It's towards the end of the series of videos.  I understood all of the Scriptures on that without him getting very deeply into that aspect.  After years and years of hearing that God's giving this earth to the devil for 7 years as a birthday present after Jesus had already paid for all of this with His Blood, I was ready to hear someone else besides me say something more Scripturally centered that doesn't reflect God stealing from Jesus to let the devil have his say. 

As far as the attitude that I expressed of like a King David of running through a troop or flying over a wall, etc., that's Biblically consistent from cover to cover with the Bible's teaching about the righteous are supposed to be bold as a lion and making the wicked to cower.  But what specifically are the sign posts that lead up to the millenium or beyond towards the return of Jesus Christ to judge the living and the dead, like it says in Daniel 12 and John 5, I'm not sure what the specific sign posts are right now if there's a genuine chance of the first 19 chapters of Revelation having already been fulfilled, as the above video would seem to indicate more fully than what I've seen online thus far.

I may personally wind up going back into really indepth studies of the Hosea 2:18 covenant and use that as a territory marker and count out my number of paces to that tree, that rock, and that whatever in the prophesies with trying to feel my way around what happens between now and the return of Christ.  I've always understood the Hosea 2:18 covenant to be prior to the millenium, and up until recently I'd thought that the millenium was actually started by the conversion of Israel.  But those pesky details that I was alluding to are making that problematic.  If not problematic, then at least questionable. 

I don't "need" Israel saved prior to 1Corinthians 15:28, if that makes any sense.  God's definitely not doing a two religions thing as the dispensational premillenialist would assert that God is dependent upon a resurrection of Biblical Judaism, etc.  There's no such thing as Biblical Judaism any more after the resurrection of Jesus Christ 'cause all of the Old Testament law, ceremonies, etc., were on the understanding that they stood in the gap until Jesus came.  There's not only the clear statements about that in the prophets of the Old Testament, but Galatians, Acts, and Hebrews carry that idea in the New Testament.

I guess one of my biggest issues is that I'm realizing that my previous view of the millenium was all Israel centered and that now that I know better from the Scriptures, there's gaps created as far as, Okay, I understand that the triumph of the preaching of the Gospel is to be a universally global thing that'll happen shortly.  But, in terms of what the millenium looks like, I'm not sure.  I'm still not buying into a theonomical view that the Mosaic law in a Christianized sense will be the rule of law in all of the countries of the world.  Unless, we were talking about the Constitution of the United States with a thin amount of tweaking being more closely followed in a restructuring of the governments of the world. 

The Constitution of the United States is wholly inadequate for the governing of any people that aren't Christians.  However, it's an appropriate model, at least skeletally, for how to set up Christian Republics.  There are a few issues for the 21st century and particularly the 22nd century that the U.S. Constitution hasn't addressed yet.  Lots of animal rights legislation that's been passed over the last 10 or 20 years actually goes into affect in the next decade.  And I think that the rest of the century will be about tweaking that since some of it is unprecidented.  Battery Hen cages are illegal in the EU after 2012, etc.  Imigration and naturalization issues are obviously being reevaluated by some countries, particularly in the Western Hemisphere, as the world is shrinking with airplanes and other types of transportation that are making really large countries crossable in 4 to 6hrs.  And I'm not just talking about military aircraft.  A CitationX personal jet can go from NY to LA in 4hrs.  And more impressive civilian transportation is in developmental stages.  When the costs really come down on some of these technologies, then they'll be universally accessible.

If we anticipate a close to the present world within the next 1100 to 2500 years with these kinds of technological advances, and presuming wars don't become so catastrophic that we're thrown back into the stone age, then what must our eschatology look like and how must it reinterpret images of dragons, pits, etc., when for all we know those could be the transportation means of the future and the pits be synonymous with either where you park or some portal that you travel an impossibly large distance in either moments or hours? 

I do believe that the Bible anticipates any world that we'd ever face, but Scripture indicates to me that we're supposed to be in the know of what's going to happen.  I can produce my Bible verses later on that if anyone's unaware of where the Bible says that, but the Gospel of John, Romans, 1Corinthians, Ephesians, 1John, and Revelation are among some of the books that mention it.  Sometimes you mention a few verses on something and if it's a controversial topic, then the accusation is that you're taking something out of context, etc.

St. Paul indicates that the Gospel is something new under the sun.  His overall tone is to that effect, but things that I'd take to mean that are in the first and last chapters of Romans, the first and third chapters of Ephesians, Colossians 1, Titus 1, etc.  And of course, the book of Acts says that this was anticipated by all of the prophets since the world began, but has only just now been manifested.  Introduce something entirely new, and not just according to the Bible, but according to many fields of science, mathematics, and philosophy, you've fundamentally changed the whole universe and every particle in it.  So, I don't believe that you can go back to Genesis and get your eschatology from there.  There are glimpses of the New Earth with the preflood world and of the all in all world with the Edenic state, but since sin will never make a comeback, the similarities pretty much end there.

So, any kind of eschatology would have to look at the Psalms and Prophets of the Old Testament, as well as various hints of eschatology in the New Testament.  You're not permitted a very holistic view of our world by either a premillenial or an amillenial view.  A holistic view of our world is only allowed by a postmillenial view of the world.  Amillenialism says that the Church never triumphs in history, we've been in a figurative millenium since the ascension of Christ, and the return of Christ ends history.  Premillenialism likewise says that the Church is bankrupt of potential, so therefore "this world's not our home" although the Scriptures say otherwise with this earth abiding virtually forever, Jesus being said in Revelation 11 to come back to destroy those who are destroying the earth, etc.  Neither Amillenialism nor Premillenialism allow for Christ to have given the Church enough to be able to face any evil that could come down the road.  According to both views, the Church is finally checkmated and Jesus has to come to the rescue for His shameful Church, again contrary to Scripture that indicates a glorious bride without spot or blemish.  Neither premillenialism nor amillenialism allow for a very glorious Church at the close of history.  Hence, my growing abhorence for both views.

The first century did get worse and worse, as Jesus and St. Paul anticipated, however, the power of the devil to keep the Gospel out of every nation evidently was broken, though I'm not sure that I'd go as far as Kenneth Gentry in the video link above in saying that the devil was already bound in the sense that Revelation says it'll happen.  If that happened, then perhaps a third of the angels did fall BECAUSE we're still having to face down and overcome enormous amounts of evil just to survive.  The world is progressing towards better and better, although it's one of those things where you can choose to see more evil than good if that's what's in your heart.  But compared to the barbarism of previous millenia?  When looking at history over the long term rather than from the time period of the Reformation, then you can't honestly conclude that the world's gotten more evil.  More dangerous without a doubt, but not more evil.  You can see the salt/leaven of the Gospel at work.