Author Topic: Doomsday 2012: The End of Days  (Read 74433 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Doomsday 2012: The End of Days
« Reply #225 on: March 19, 2009, 08:45:10 AM »
A cleaned up link:
http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=0861ff3eabea1ceb73e4

I see he has no word in his language for "Rednecks" so he calls them "Rednecks." :laughing7:

He says he's praying for them.

Wonder if he's talking about these guys?

http://www.thirdpositionjustice.net/index.html

The one on the right makes me think of the marshmellow man from Ghostbusters  :laughing7:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #226 on: March 19, 2009, 08:50:31 AM »
WhiteWings...

oh my... :laughing7:
Thanks for letting me end my day with laughter..

"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #227 on: March 19, 2009, 05:56:03 PM »
Molly,

Jesus himself told us not to fear what man can do to our mortal body and that the servant is not greater than his master.  And also to follow him (to the cross).  And the entire New Testament is devoted to our awaiting in faith a New Body that is spiritual in the heavens.  I don't want to remain in a mortal body.  And I don't see why you find this strange.
What about all the many things Jesus said about not loving our lives unto death, etc....???

Anne

It took me a long time to understand what Jesus was calling us to do.  Christians have been taught to be passive, to go along with [evil] 'authority,' to prefer death to life.

Why would a man who told us he had came to give us abundant life choose to go to death on the cross?  Do you think he would have done that if he didn't know it was so that we could inherit life?  He told us to not be afraid of death, but did he tell us to choose death?  No.  He told us to choose life.

Our God is all about life, not death!

There is a real enemy, one who chooses death for others.  One who continually slams the door of the kingdom in the faces of those trying to enter in.  One who chooses tyranny over liberty, death over life, war over peace.  One whose sole purpose is to make this life a living hell for others.

Do you really think we have to live this way by some law of the universe?  Or have we forgotten the teachings of our God to love God and love our neighbor?  To fight this tyranny, yes, we have to take up our cross and follow him, and it might mean death, but we are not to be afraid, just like those fighting Hitler were not to be afraid.  We are to follow him fearlessly into all truth, no matter what the cost to us, because only in this way can we make heaven on earth.  The choice is ours now, because he has given it to us.

This is a battle for the minds of men, not a battle of flesh against flesh.

Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #228 on: March 19, 2009, 06:44:40 PM »
 :cloud9: Amen. I don't want to live in this body of natural flesh, either. If I could throw off this weight of sin that it is, I would in a heartbeat. But neither do I want to die, although especially here in the last year, I can totally understand why illness of this body, unresolved, can make you have days you would prefer it over life. That not withstanding, death is a thief, plain and simple, because it robs Him of a body to dwell in, be resurrected in, minister in, be glorified in.

While no one is saying that we are not going to go if called, the Word plainly states that some are going to see the last enemy defeated while still in the body. I would prefer to be in that camp of believers, but His perfect will is the deciding factor. Blessings to all....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Prophet Pete

« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2009, 12:07:44 AM »
I really believe that this is one theory that has been blown out of proportion. In my humble opinion its nothing more than the end of an ancient calendar no more, no less. This reminds me of the hype produced by Y2K and it did not produce one single cliche in the system. Jesus said believe in his prophets and you shall prosper we should believe in the prophets of the Bible and trust them. Just my two cents.

Tim B

« Reply #230 on: May 03, 2009, 09:47:06 PM »
2012 as the end of the world did freak me out at one point (years ago), but now I think it's just kinda silly. lol I'm not worried about it.

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #231 on: May 05, 2009, 06:43:27 PM »
The 'end of the world' is a certain, yet different moment for each person.   The end of the world is at the time of our various earthly deaths it seems to me.    Could be a minute from now - or years away.

anne
Ours is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open hearts.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Livelystone

« Reply #232 on: May 05, 2009, 10:05:36 PM »
The 'end of the world' is a certain, yet different moment for each person.   The end of the world is at the time of our various earthly deaths it seems to me.    Could be a minute from now - or years away.

anne

I agree Ann........I have been hearing things along that line for some time now.

I see a lot of those events prophesied of in Revelations as right now such as the time we are baptized in the Holy Spirit  with Satan being bound or when we first sin after that with him being "loosed for a little while"

I also think it is important that we be compassionate to those who taught us those things even though many of the local churches and clergies think of me as something that means that the end of times is already here with its false prophets....... that makes me wonder when they think they are finally getting out of here.

Blessings

Doug

Prophet Pete

« Reply #233 on: May 06, 2009, 02:24:29 AM »

anne

I agree Ann........I have been hearing things along that line for some time now.

I see a lot of those events prophesied of in Revelations as right now such as the time we are baptized in the Holy Spirit  with Satan being bound or when we first sin after that with him being "loosed for a little while"

I also think it is important that we be compassionate to those who taught us those things even though many of the local churches and clergies think of me as something that means that the end of times is already here with its false prophets....... that makes me wonder when they think they are finally getting out of here.

Blessings

Doug

I don't. Its the end of an age. False Prophets abound, this Mayan Calendar deal is pitching a false prophecy cause as I recall its not mentioned anywhere in the Bible and if it is would some one be so kind to point it out. 

Livelystone

« Reply #234 on: May 06, 2009, 04:55:33 AM »

I don't. Its the end of an age. False Prophets abound, this Mayan Calendar deal is pitching a false prophecy cause as I recall its not mentioned anywhere in the Bible and if it is would some one be so kind to point it out. 

Don't what?

False prophets have been around since before "he who letteth let be taken out of the way" (the original apostles) according to scripture.

Now is the time for the true prophets called of God to rebuild the temple in this time to be heard.

Blessings

Doug

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #235 on: May 06, 2009, 05:13:01 AM »
I do wonder about there being a time in the future when it would be necessary for God to step in and END this world, because of man taking things too far. Perhaps going over a line that shouldn't be crossed, maybe having to do with cloning perhaps? Or... who knows? Mankind messing around with DNA somehow trying to make man immortal... the thought of "they shall seek death and not find it" pops in my mind. Or perhaps something else entirely that we haven't even begun to think of yet... That it would be extremely merciful of our God to step in and end it. I see it more as a mercy thing than anything else. There is some wacky science out there. Perhaps in the future, people will try to take the "playing God" thing way too far and create creatures that should not have been created.

Who knows??!  :dontknow:

I've never been that interested in end times stuff... but I do wonder about God possibly stepping in at some point in the future if things just get beyond out of control and people are going too far over a line that God has drawn.

This line of thinking also makes me wonder about the flood... is it true? did God really destroy the earth before? And if so, maybe it was because they were much further advanced than present time man and THEY had started going too far over the line. Think how long the early people lived... what like 900 years or whatnot? Think of what could be accomplished in that long of a lifetime. Perhaps all of our "technology" of today is just starting to scrape the surface of what pre-flood days people were up to. Seriously. We think they're all walking around technologically inferior... perhaps we are the inferior ones today. Perhaps our technology is nothing. Who knows. If the earth was cleansed, there would be no evidence of THEIR technology.

:mshock:

hmmm. Well just some things that I think about.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 05:16:54 AM by sparrow »
"I knelt to drink,

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #236 on: May 06, 2009, 05:18:59 AM »
 :wacko2:

hmmm.
I'm freaking myself out now.
Need to do something to get my mind off of this..
la la la...  :knitting:

:laughing7:
"I knelt to drink,

Livelystone

« Reply #237 on: May 06, 2009, 05:29:50 AM »

hmmm.

Don't sweat the small stuff Sis

Those seeking death that they cannot find love their lives to much and cannot let go of the old man....... those who will die to self will find death and be resurrected to live in Christ Jesus  :bgdance:

Blessings

Doug

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #238 on: May 06, 2009, 06:19:37 AM »

hmmm.

Don't sweat the small stuff Sis

Those seeking death that they cannot find love their lives to much and cannot let go of the old man....... those who will die to self will find death and be resurrected to live in Christ Jesus  :bgdance:

Blessings

Doug

Good point, bro.  :HeartThrob:
 :thumbsup:
"I knelt to drink,

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #239 on: May 06, 2009, 06:27:19 AM »
I agree.  I'd never thought about that passage quite that way...in Rev., "they will seek death but cannot find it"...interesting.   
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Prophet Pete

« Reply #240 on: May 06, 2009, 12:45:31 PM »

Don't what?

False prophets have been around since before "he who letteth let be taken out of the way" (the original apostles) according to scripture.

Now is the time for the true prophets called of God to rebuild the temple in this time to be heard.

Blessings

Doug

No more so than now...Prophets are Gods way of communicaiting with man kind on earth. They have been his voice throught out the church age....Prophets will not rebuild the temple, and I am not so sure that it will ever happen at least not in our generation. It will happen some day though. Its people buying into this false prophecy of 2012 that disturbs me. How many times have our end been predicted? No concrete evidence to support it.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #241 on: May 06, 2009, 01:33:28 PM »
2012 is the end of the Mayan calendar.
IIRC has to do with a predicted metereor impact.
Perhaps Wormwood mentioned in Revelations.
There is still an open prophesy from when Isreal entered Canaan. 70 Jubilees and sin will end.
The date when they entered Canaan is not acurately know. Anyway according to that 70 Jubilees something is gonna  happen in 2016. Or up to 56 years later because the entry date isn't known.
IMO there is a lot of copy-catting between religions. Some some pagan predictions may well be just adapted Bible prophesies. Or in this case based on astronomy.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 01:35:57 PM by WhiteWings »
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #242 on: May 06, 2009, 04:59:55 PM »
Actually, the temple is not ours to build.  Jesus said that "he" would build the temple in three days after they'd tore it down.  Physically, he was speaking to the resurrection of his body after the cross.  But spiritually, a day is as a thousand years . . .we are right now entering into the third day where the manifestation of "his" temple is going to appear in us.

And as for when God steps in . . .I don't think he's going to step in because of the actions of men . . .I think he's going to step in because his original plan is coming into it's completion.  The evil of carnality doesn't legislate the actions of God.  As far as I can understand, the only two things that move God is . . .love and faith.

I've mentioned this before . . .but I really don't think there is going to be any physical temple rebuilt . . . that would be returning back to the Old Covenant system and I just don't think that's a part of God's original plan . .he closed the book on that and no man can open what God has closed.

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #243 on: May 06, 2009, 06:27:57 PM »
Do you think, from a futurist perspective, that a major component of God's sending a strong working of delusion to believe a lie is worked out in modern Jerusalem and Israel in the Sinai Pennisnsula?
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #244 on: May 06, 2009, 07:19:29 PM »
Do you think, from a futurist perspective, that a major component of God's sending a strong working of delusion to believe a lie is worked out in modern Jerusalem and Israel in the Sinai Pennisnsula?

Yeah, I can see that being a large part of the problem with the religious thinking believers. And they aren't seeing it mainly because like an earlier conversation . . cursed is any man who hangs from a tree . . .the curse is really blindness to truth.  Anyone who relies on their own cultivated imagery blinds their eyes to see the clarity of their situation.

But that isn't to say that because of their blindness, God's hands are tied.  It's saying their blindness is really the manifestation of the prophetic word coming in to view.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:22:02 PM by Nathan »

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #245 on: May 06, 2009, 08:57:00 PM »
Great last several posts, guys.  Excellent!   Briefly hijacking my own thread, but it ties in in a way.  Have you ever noticed in I Corinthians 12, where Paul is talking about the body and spiritual gifts, etc?  I just realized today how much he says it's God that...;  it is God who is working...to each hath been given....all these doth work the one and same Spirit, dividing each severally as he intendeth...and now, God did set the member each one of them in the body, according as He willed...and some indeed did God set in the assembly...! 

That's just a piece of one chapter, and I'd never really noticed it to that extent before.  Do you think it might be God that builds things?  :thumbsup:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #246 on: May 06, 2009, 09:18:49 PM »
Oh Gosh no . . . are you kidding?

There are people who spent their lifetimes in deep study of the Scripture, that have spent millions of dollars convincing the tv addicted followers that their money was well spent cuz now they have it all figured out . . .

Yup . . .thems the ones ya want to follow . . God?  Don't be silly.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #247 on: May 06, 2009, 09:25:02 PM »
 :high5:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #248 on: May 06, 2009, 10:26:51 PM »
 :cloud9:  You know, personally, I don't understand why some believer's on some sites I've seen, get all worked up one way or another over whether or not they're going to rebuild the literal temple or not.  :dontknow:

If they don't, it's God, it they do, it's God. Even if they do, it won't effect His ultimate plan of the ages being fulfilled in a people, and to me it would be just a great big "show and tell" aid to further seeing and understanding types and shadows, for those remaining that need to see types and shadows. So I think it's a win/win situation, anyway it goes.
My  :2c:  Blessings...
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Doc

• Jesus Christ is the Savior of ALL men.
« Reply #249 on: May 07, 2009, 12:16:06 AM »
Actually, the temple is not ours to build.  Jesus said that "he" would build the temple in three days after they'd tore it down.  Physically, he was speaking to the resurrection of his body after the cross.  But spiritually, a day is as a thousand years . . .we are right now entering into the third day where the manifestation of "his" temple is going to appear in us.

And as for when God steps in . . .I don't think he's going to step in because of the actions of men . . .I think he's going to step in because his original plan is coming into it's completion.  The evil of carnality doesn't legislate the actions of God.  As far as I can understand, the only two things that move God is . . .love and faith.

I've mentioned this before . . .but I really don't think there is going to be any physical temple rebuilt . . . that would be returning back to the Old Covenant system and I just don't think that's a part of God's original plan . .he closed the book on that and no man can open what God has closed.

One writer I've read has suggested that should we have a literal physical antichrist appear, that this individual would succeed in re-establishing world culture(s) around the Mosaic Law along with all of its customs and practices, including a rebuilding of and re-institution of worship in the physical temple (which I suppose we could sort of see a "shadow" or spiritual type of in our current institutional church system). So his view would be that any physical rebuilding of the temple would serve as part of some type of ultimate deception by "the" antichrist.
God does not instruct us to pray to change His mind. He wants us to pray so that we'll know His mind.

"Prayer doesn't change God, it changes me." --C.S. Lewis

God never had or needed a Plan B. He's still on Plan A.

Res Veritas Loquitur