Author Topic: Doomsday 2012: The End of Days  (Read 89162 times)

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Doomsday 2012: The End of Days
« on: January 08, 2009, 08:13:36 AM »
I just watched part of this program on cable...Doomsday 2012:  The End of Days.  It discussed Merlin, the Mayans, the Hopi, web-bot, and the Book of Revelation as all pointing towards a "culmination"/cataclysmic event on Dec. 21, 2012.  I know probably all of us have heard pieces of this, but it got me interested in what folks on here thought about that.  It sure seems like a lot of coincidences that there is so much "prophesy" (I'm not contending that's what Revelation is saying) saying much of the same thing.

A couple of things that jumped out at me...I believe it was the Hopi prophecies that said the water would rise, the sun would get hotter, and earthquakes would occur in many places, and there would be a "spider-web" around the earth.  The tie-in there was then with web-bot, which is a huge www program that has been scanning info, trends, etc., since the 1990's and making predictions from that...in June 2001 it made the prediction that an event would soon occur that would forever change the way we lived in the U.S....and further, it's one more "voice" saying 2012 is a major date.

I for one believe many things did come to pass in 70 AD.  But even so, does that preclude any significance to all the above?

God in all this (including the Hopi and Merlin, a "magician")?  Satan using as part of his agenda (I acknowledge some don't see Satan as a being)?  Our imagination?  Other options?

« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 08:18:53 AM by jabcat »

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
Re: Doomsday 2012: The End of Days
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 03:07:18 PM »
 :cloud9: I call it seeing thru a glass darkly, myself. I don't believe any of their stuff personally, and I don't necessarily think they even "prophesied" half of what they are all being attributed with. But it does sell magazines, and promote fear, much like the 1999 fear of everything going down. My  :2c: Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline chuckt

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 03:13:53 PM »
greetings.

For me:

any type end time senerio men come up with will NOT be how it happens, thats just the way God works.

peace
chuckt

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 05:22:42 PM »
Rapture, trinity, endtimes... words we dont find in the
Word of God, yet the "imaginations" of men can
cause earthquakes, terror and fear in multitudes.
Believers KNOW we are working in the NEW.....
Isa.48:6-7 & Isa.43:19-21
The last book is REVELATION an Uncovering of the
BEGINNING...... not the end.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 06:50:12 PM »

James, none of this is directed at you.

Of all my stuggles, these types of predictions or warnings is something I have never feared, never cared about, never concerned about.

As with many "predictions" someone is only declared correct when the truth manifests.  How many end times predictions from Christians must people endure before realizing that sooner or later someone is going to happen to guess the right date.  Thats assuming the end of the earth is even going to happen in the manner people may think in the first place. 

I see it along these lines.   I can predict the end of the world if it happens in my life time by simply saying each day that I predict the world will end.

Then on that fateful day I can say, "see I told ya".  If I am wrong I can say, "What if I had been right,  were you ready?"

It's all about fear, its all about the religious nonsense of turn or burn.

People do not like what I say, but I say, let the world end and good riddance to it, lets get it over with already.

In the meantime, I am going to enjoy things the best I can, go to movies, make friends and share the lack of fear that I do have.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 07:52:40 PM »

People do not like what I say, but I say, let the world end and good riddance to it, lets get it over with already.

:laugh2:   :thumbsup:

Good comments everyone, thanks....the unveiling/the beginning...hmmmm...interesting  :thumbsup:

martincisneros

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 07:55:28 PM »
That's funny that Merlin came up.  I absolutely love Merlin.  So did Arthur.  Merlin was a great theologian and prophet.  Perhaps the Elhanan Winchester or at least the Andrew Jukes of his day.  I read a book once that gave Merlin's outline of history from the past to the distant future as he understood the Bible to be teaching it: first the dispensation of the Father, then of the Son, then of the Church, then of the Holy Spirit, then of the Son again, and then ultimately one day all would be the Father's once again as all things were delivered into His Hands by the Son and by the Church.  Beautiful, beautiful prophet that history has done as much of a mockery of as it has of St. Nicolas the Apostle, or precious brother, Valentine, and various others.

Gotta be really careful in what I say so that I don't fall into the trap on the other side of the ditch in the wrong prophecy that some will slip into about that year.  You can be just as big of a wrong prophet in saying that absolutely nothing will happen as you can be about saying it's the year Christ returns or whatever.  Some people will say that absolutely nothing will happen and it might sincerely be the year of an assassination, a meteor strike, an invasion of some country, or the year that some major disease is honestly cured.  In that case, or in those cases, the people that said that absolutely nothing will happen would wind up being in the same predicament as the Nostrodamus interpreters that predicted our actual need for Ghostbusters, the Greatest American Hero, Time Cops, Global Evacuation, and the return of Dynasty 'cause of it having been the only form of sustainable television in outer space because of some unknown law of physics that we haven't discovered yet.

The Bible is clear in 1John and 2Peter and in various other places where prophesies are given that our emphasis shouldn't be on causing runs at the bank, the grocery stores, or in someone's stockings by trampling them in our rush to get to the highest mountain peak before the water catches us as it's rising.  The Book of Revelation will say this, that, and the other happened and the people still wouldn't repent.  Romans 1 says that this, that, and the other happened to morph people into creatures rather than Creators and they still wouldn't become thankful.  Exodus says this, that, and the other happened and Pharoah still wouldn't give it up.  The Gospels say that this, that, and the other happened and the Pharisees still wouldn't embrace the Lordship of Jesus.  In the Bible, each time there's signs, wonders, catastrophies, or pop tarts arising from their toaster graves and filling the room with the smell of berries and cinnamon the emphasis is upon how people should behave, the kind of people that we should be, and that God and worshipping Him from a thankful heart should be our priority rather than our occasional hobby or Christmas and Easter habit.

I'm saying this because even if we pinned down half a dozen things that would happen without a doubt that year, then the emphasis would turn to what should we do about it to be prepared and all of the questions would begin surfacing about whether or not folks should continue as they are with their lives but have a couple thousand dollars stuffed between their mattresses, or whether they should own a water distiller and their own well, and whether or not they should have 7 years of toilet paper hidden in one of their closets.  The Bible is full of catastrophic events from cover to cover and no matter the extent of the life altering or life destroying things that have befallen human beings, no Biblical prophet ever warned people to make sure that they had enough rags for wiping their butts or that they'd keep an extra goat hidden in the basement for milk for their kids, or whatever.  The emphasis has always been upon the kind of people that we should be and upon renewing our lifestyle of fasting, prayer, worship, thanksgiving, and commitment to the Scriptures to know and meditate upon them to the exclusion of everything else in this world and to become their living expression in the earth so that if they've seen us, they've seen Christ Jesus.  The emphasis has been upon having good relationships with God as top priority and final Authority in your decision making processes.  It's been about making sure that nobody in your city goes to bed hungry, thirsty, cold, or in an unhygienic situation tonight, that all women and children in your city are safe tonight, that your tender mercies aren't veiled hypocritical cruelties instead according to Proverbs, etc., etc.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 08:00:44 PM »
The emphasis has always been upon the kind of people that we should be and upon renewing our lifestyle of fasting, prayer, worship, thanksgiving, and commitment to the Scriptures to know and meditate upon them to the exclusion of everything else in this world and to become their living expression in the earth so that if they've seen us, they've seen Christ Jesus.  The emphasis has been upon having good relationships with God as top priority and final Authority in your decision making processes.  It's been about making sure that nobody in your city goes to bed hungry, thirsty, cold, or in an unhygienic situation tonight, that all women and children in your city are safe tonight, that your tender mercies aren't veiled hypocritical cruelties instead according to Proverbs, etc., etc.

Excellent,  :2thumbs:.

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 09:17:14 PM »
willieH: Hi James... :hithere:

Good comments everyone, thanks....the unveiling/the beginning...hmmmm...interesting  :thumbsup:

I agree James... recently, God revealed to me something in my spirit...

I am, as is everyone else, ...very interested in both the Beginning of time (origin/ so most look at the book of Genesis) and it's End (end / most look at the book of Revelation)...

What God said to me was this... "if you wish to know the end (Revelation)... search the beginning (Genesis), for BOTH are one and the same... the END ...is... the BEGINNING and the BEGINNING ...is... the END"

Scripture notes JESUS CHRIST is BOTH... (Rev 1:8) "I AM... [is] the Alpha AND Omega"

He inspired this to me as that was said:  If you would, a picture a CIRCLE... pick any point of origin, and you shall see that once the CIRCLE is complete or concluded... it is found to be, that the POINT of ORIGIN and DESTINATION are one and the same...

Also... as you move AWAY from the point of ORIGIN, you are actually RETURNING to it...

In JESUS the name above ALL NAMES...

:Sparkletooth: :Sparkletooth:  willieH    :Sparkletooth: :Sparkletooth:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 09:30:17 PM »
Hi Bro Willie H,

AMEN

Welcome back some bro, ya been kinda busy  i know :icon_flower:

For mine Christ , THE BEGINNING and the END..AMEN,  Hes also the END of One age and the Beginning of a New DAWN ...Therefore, also Declaring the END from the Beginning ,Both Cs Bearing witness to HIM , The age of the Child ENDS ,While the New Birth of THE SON\HEIR begins.

Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 09:30:49 PM »
Yes and amen bro Willie.  Yes and amen.  The river in Genesis is the same river in Revelation.  The two trees in Genesis are also in Revelation . . .one may be transformed into the other, but there is a transition between Genesis and Revelation . . .for me . . .there are also two trees on the hill of the skull with a river running between them as well . .one experienced life, the other expereinced death . . .in Revelation, there is nothing but life . .life . .and more life.

1 Corinthians 15:30
And why do you think I keep risking my neck in this dangerous work? I look death in the face practically every day I live. Do you think I'd do this if I wasn't convinced of your resurrection and mine as guaranteed by the resurrected Messiah Jesus? Do you think I was just trying to act heroic when I fought the wild beasts at Ephesus, hoping it wouldn't be the end of me? Not on your life! It's resurrection, resurrection, always resurrection, that undergirds what I do and say, the way I live. If there's no resurrection, "We eat, we drink, the next day we die," and that's all there is to it. But don't fool yourselves. Don't let yourselves be poisoned by this anti-resurrection loose talk. "Bad company ruins good manners."

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 07:53:43 AM »
 :cloud9: LOVED IT WILLIE..... :thumbsup:  And Nathan, you are the first person I have ever seen who knows the rivers in Gen. are connected to the river in Rev. He showed me that, also. Blessings...
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 08:47:40 PM »
I'm finding quite a few things in your posts that reveal the same truths that have been revealed to me as well.  Crazy how that works . . . it didn't come by way of flesh and blood eh?

In fact, when people share revelations with me that just rock my world . .I picture them pouring blood, sweat and tears in hours and hours of studying and digging as they look for the nuggets of gold . . .but then I learned it's not like that at all.  Most of my stuff comes to me while I'm in the shower . . .seriously . . . I never quite figured out why that is . .but things seem to be clearer to me when my eyes are full of soap.  (Man! I am SOOO funny!!!)

Must be something in the water!!

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 05:30:42 AM »
 :cloud9: No, for sure it didn't come by flesh and blood. For the first 2 years I spent 12 to 16 hours a day digging in the Word, getting a foundation for Him to build on. Then my circumstances changed and I didn't have the same amount of free time to do that as much.

Then down the road awhile and He showed me to enter into His rest with it, only usually digging as He leads and to what He leads me to, usually triggered by a dream or a personal word to me, or both, or by praying for someone and as He gives wisdom and understanding for their circumstance, I gain as well. Sometimes just meditating on a particular question, and a revelation comes that leads to deeper study.

Appears to me that in the beginning the Word defines your experience with the Spirit, but after a while the Spirit defines your experience with Word. (smile) Blessings.....
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 06:22:07 AM by Cardinal »

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 06:24:43 AM »
 :cloud9: For some reason, I didn't remember this till I read your post Fire, but actually the very first time the Lord spoke something to me WAS in the shower, LOL. That's toooo funny. Blessings....

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 06:51:12 AM »
 :cloud9: ROFLOL......but if you think about it......He spoke to Adam and Eve first when they were "naked" too; they just didn't know they were naked yet. So see, that proves it's a "God thing", LOL...... :laughing7:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 07:10:13 AM »
For the youngsters in the audience, this thread is rated PG-13  :mblush:.  Me, I'm headin' for the fig tree  :laughing7:.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 07:30:50 AM »
Nah, I'm kidding...I think the kids can take it...and about the fig tree...I was thinking of the leaves..

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2009, 07:34:05 AM »
 :cloud9: The last time I checked the only thing underneath the fig tree was figs....so I guess that would make Nathaniel, ah, a fruit of the Spirit?  :laughing7:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2009, 07:39:29 AM »
 :wink2:  Reminds me of the little saying, "God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts".

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2009, 07:43:58 AM »
 :cloud9: Haven't heard of that one, but I have heard of "Granola churches" in these parts, ie. what ain't nuts, is fruits and flakes..... :mshock:  :winkgrin:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2009, 07:50:16 AM »
 :mlaugh:   Pretty darn funny.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2009, 05:54:27 PM »
:cloud9: No, for sure it didn't come by flesh and blood. For the first 2 years I spent 12 to 16 hours a day digging in the Word, getting a foundation for Him to build on. Then my circumstances changed and I didn't have the same amount of free time to do that as much.

Then down the road awhile and He showed me to enter into His rest with it, only usually digging as He leads and to what He leads me to, usually triggered by a dream or a personal word to me, or both, or by praying for someone and as He gives wisdom and understanding for their circumstance, I gain as well. Sometimes just meditating on a particular question, and a revelation comes that leads to deeper study.

Appears to me that in the beginning the Word defines your experience with the Spirit, but after a while the Spirit defines your experience with Word. (smile) Blessings.....

Wow!!  what a great conversation you guys had here!!!  I was really floored to hear that this is such a common thing . .to have revelation come while under the water . .being physically cleansed and spiritually washed at the same time.  Kim, I respond much like you . . I just stand there and say "Wow!" about 50 times and then the tears come when I realize that God loves us that much, even inspite of ourselves.  it's not the power-suits, the perfumes or added jewlry that makes us feel better about ourselves . . .it's when there is nothing left to our imaginations .  . when God drops the bombs in us.  There have actually been times as I pull the curtain back to step into the shower that I actually ask myself "I wonder what I'll see this time".

And Cardinal . . .I can't tell you how much your last sentence here struck a chord in me.  That is something that should be on a plaque hanging on my wall.  I have felt that way for some time, but this is the first time I've seen it so perfectly written in words.  Thank you for that.  It explains so much, so clear.  You're explanation leading up to that is also the exact thing that happened to me as well.  The Word led me into an experience with the Spirit, but now, the Spirit leads me into experiencing the Word . . .and also like you stated, it's usually in the form of a certain topic, word study . . .or one verse that leads into other things.

I really can't just sit down and read a chapter at a time . . .heck, I seldom get past the first verse of something that I go off to other passages that causes a revelation to emerge. 

Great stuff being written here guys . . you've blessed me bunches!!

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2009, 06:17:10 PM »
Some of Us Younger ones were sleeping when this thread took on an Adult theme...we call PG here..Parental Guidance :icon_king:

Im Like you too Kim..Kinda words get stuck in my thoughts , which Seems to build into Patterns , from those patterns Come the Life of whats spoken,,,

I like what Card stated.. :icon_flower:

Appears to me that in the beginning the Word defines your experience with the Spirit, but after a while the Spirit defines your experience with Word.

And Yes Nat..I cant read page after page after page..never have , something pops up and then im all the place...when sharing studies a while back with Kim on line, wed do this all the time..., everything going off in tangents Like no tomorrow,...youd end up forgetting where ya started cos it led you Places we opened up other doors...on on and On it goes,..... :icon_flower:

Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2009, 06:26:09 PM »
And Cardinal . . .I can't tell you how much your last sentence here struck a chord in me. 

:cloud9: You don't have to, bro, I knew by the Spirit that you would understand, that last comment was for you, as a confirmation.  :winkgrin: Blessings...

(And apparently for my bud Taffy, also  :HeartThrob:)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 06:28:48 PM by Cardinal »