Author Topic: Doomsday 2012: The End of Days  (Read 87978 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Doomsday 2012: The End of Days
« Reply #550 on: January 18, 2012, 09:34:19 AM »

"Coming...One World Currency"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM7nO3lAxfg

I think the new currency will be based on Chinese and Russian power, replacing the dollar as the standard.
I think that's not going to happen beacuse those in charge have no control of Russia (and China)

They have already publicly proposed a new currency. After the dollar devalues, no one will trust America no more and will go to the new currency of the communists, that is backed by assets.

China is becoming a superpower.
Mmm, though I already answered this post.
Becoming. Right now China's GDP is about the same as that of Japan.
A more logical change would be the Euro. But that's not going to happen either. Ask Iraq (and Iran) what happens if you propose to pay oil with Euro's.

Besides of all nationalistic  :blahgreen: if one (Europe, US, China, ...) falls all fall. Local economies no longer exist.

new currency of the communists, that is backed by assets.
Assets that are valued by western standards.....
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #551 on: January 18, 2012, 03:33:44 PM »
Allegedly there were strange sounds all over the world last week.

This one from Conklin, Alberta ---well, what do y'all think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtLNmdZTf_g

:cloud9: Interesting.....sounds like they figured out how to make that new "invisible particle" bigger and are trying it out on their latest secret weapon....no joke, read that about the particle a few weeks back from legit science reporting.  :dontknow:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Online sheila

• Gold
« Reply #552 on: January 18, 2012, 03:35:39 PM »
we must not let nationalistic diviions scatter us.....scattered to the four corners of the earth can symbolize nationalistic or racial divisions[red yellow,black and white]

the rainbow covenant is all inclusive.   the adversary likes to use little things like,national origin,skin colour..to try and cause division in Christ,among other things

a house divided against it self can not stand.  all man is one in Christ....those who are given much..more is expected. same with the receiving of stripes.

Of Christ,it is written,'He was assigned a grave with the wicked[as are all in Adam] and with the rich in his death,though he had done no violence,

nor was any deceit in his mouth. as American's hated by other nations,who knows,we may die a death like unto His...but they need to know...

BECAUSE I WAS THERE is written by the Hand of God, and a city may be spared if one righteous man be in it. and Jerusalem above is that city,Jesus

Christ,the one righteous man, and all our hopes and future,are upon it

I have even heard it is easier to remain faithful under oppression and persecution...than in a land full of temptations. Sodom and Gomorrah,for instance

a sufficiency of bread,ease of life,contributed .

it's all condensing down...all nations in the same boat,one falls,they all fall..perplexity of nations.   same with His body..one member suffers,the whole body suffers.

earthquakes,famines,wars.....all are the beginnings of childbirth pangs.  Can a nation[Isreal/all mankind raised in Christ] be born in a day? Indeed,it can,in

the Day of the Lord.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #553 on: January 18, 2012, 03:38:47 PM »
 :cloud9: Amen  :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #554 on: January 18, 2012, 05:27:07 PM »
For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted

Exactly. God judges everyone the same, without respect to personage or nationality,
God is no respector of persons. But... He is a respector of what persons are 'given'. If much is given, much is required. The amount given varies from person to person. Assuming you have children my guess is that they "are given" more about Jesus than for example an Iranian child.
Viewed from that angle judgement isn't equal for all. Roughly that means people are judged according to their nationality. (because knowledge is often linked to nationality)

God discerns by the secrets of the heart. None of the outward factors we observe matter to Him. It is the measure you mete by which you are measured- whether knowledgeable or ignorant, it is your love and mercy that will find you out, or excuse you in the light of Day(Romans 1,2). What you have been given is life and love. What you do with it, only God really sees- we can't even really see ourselves clearly from that perspective. That's why we are to judge no one. That's why all judgement is given to the Son, only Jesus walked in perfect love- and judges  only by what he hears from the Father.

Who is so blind as my servant?

He will not judge by what his ears hear or what his eyes see but with righteousness he will judge the nations.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Online sheila

• Gold
« Reply #555 on: January 18, 2012, 06:11:59 PM »
Good Word,my brother

it was love and mercy that delivered me out of spiritual bondage to a very legalistic religious system of worship.  the 'leaders' in the 'church' were very

hard-hearted,demanding and unkind/unloving  to a sister I knew.    the best I can understand is God sent me to Babylon,a spiritual prison house...

until I paid the last penny[due to my salvation by works/personal merit theology=self-righteousness]   I was delivered from that when 'love' set me free

my love and compassion for a sister[little one] freed me.  at that time my eyes were opened to their religious hypocrisy...thye lack of love evidenced to me

that 'THE TRUTH" was not in them...though they loudly declare it.

Online sheila

• Gold
« Reply #556 on: January 18, 2012, 06:37:25 PM »
....because of the increasing of 'lawlessness' the LOVE of the greater number would 'cool'.   this increasing of lawlessness is just this...tresspasses and

offenses suffered due to lack of love/obediance.  Funny how it works...when other's tresspass against you,offend you...then people want to go back to judgement

or law/condemnation....seeking vengence.what many fail to recognize is law does not perfect...but love does. By the law we are all judged /condemned as tresspassers

the first Adam tresspassed against God and took from a tree that God had not given to him. He held one tree back/seperated..as His own...

and NOW.....ALLTHINGS ARE YOURS....see the example God himself set.....that GOD may be ALL IN ALL

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #557 on: January 18, 2012, 07:13:51 PM »

Let us eat the honey and the comb.

hE SAID TO ME   TAKE IT AND EAT IT.iT WILL TURN YOUR STOMACH SOUR,

BUT IN YOUR MOUTH IT WILL BE AS SWEET AS HONEY.

So I guess the end times do taste sweet, to Gods prophet, can't be all bad then folks!

1. My reply was to your teasing with the prospect of telling us your new and personal revelation from God (post #480), which you never did . You manipulated my post.
2. The eaten scroll makes ones stomach bitter, not the honey and comb; you refer to an entirely different Scripture. Again, manipulating my post.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #558 on: January 18, 2012, 07:53:02 PM »

Let us eat the honey and the comb.

hE SAID TO ME   TAKE IT AND EAT IT.iT WILL TURN YOUR STOMACH SOUR,

BUT IN YOUR MOUTH IT WILL BE AS SWEET AS HONEY.

So I guess the end times do taste sweet, to Gods prophet, can't be all bad then folks!

1. My reply was to your teasing with the prospect of telling us your new and personal revelation from God (post #480), which you never did . You manipulated my post.
2. The eaten scroll makes ones stomach bitter, not the honey and comb; you refer to an entirely different Scripture. Again, manipulating my post.

I was led to believe that your not a fan of the end times, given you dismissal of my opinion concerning opening up interest to the end times.  Hence sweet is not what you would call it. I also made the statement, as questioning the value of knowing the end times, as to how it benefits saints spiritually. So I have posted the scripture that John spoke, as an act of faith that since John is bang slap in the middle of the tribulation events and he called the word sweet to his mouth, then perhaps knowledge of the end times does benefit the saints spiritually in some sense, that most are not aware of.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #559 on: January 18, 2012, 08:19:20 PM »

I just don't understand you.

1. Where did I dismiss "end times?"

2. ALL revelation of God is sweet despite our temporal consideration of it.

3. I was referring to your secret, personal, undisclosed revelation from God John is NOT!

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #560 on: January 18, 2012, 08:34:10 PM »

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #561 on: January 18, 2012, 08:41:10 PM »

I just don't understand you.

1. Where did I dismiss "end times?"

Re: 472

2. ALL revelation of God is sweet despite our temporal consideration of it.

3. I was referring to your secret, personal, undisclosed revelation from God John is NOT!

I would not call it a revelation, I would call it putting prophecy pieces together that match up and a kind of 'aha' moment. I have not received any signs from God that it is correct, so do not wish to spread heresy, as this one could bring a lot of trouble, unless God tells me otherwise.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #562 on: January 18, 2012, 09:53:33 PM »
I'm glad you guys are more ready to wake up to the end times.

Although I feel 2012 is to early, there are many events that have yet to take place, so there is still a brighter future to look forward to in the world.

I recuse myself from any implication that I acknowledge this persons opinions.

Here, I simply state that you do not speak for me.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #563 on: January 18, 2012, 09:58:31 PM »
I think you would find disagreement from Americans that there are no Americans.  Probably as you might from Chinese that there are no Chinese, etc.    :laughing7:   

However, this isn't a political forum, so it's great you glory in the cross. 

For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.  I Cor. 1:18   :thumbsup:

"This isn't a political forum"---What do you think of this:

The second word I want to address in this section is the word church. Christians suppose that this original Greek word meant some sort of assembly that is devoted to Christian worship, preaching, praying and prophesying. Some think it means an assembly, ekklesia, to have a warm Christian fellowship, singing and praising God, and so forth. If you will look up the word assembly in Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, you will again find the national intent of that word translated church. According to Vine's, a church is "a body of citizens gathered to discuss the affairs of state." When Jesus said, "I will build my church," He was saying that He would build an assembly that would be informed as to the affairs of state, that is, the proper use of government. During one of His church meetings, one of the disciples asked. "Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the Kingdom to Israel?" [Acts 1:61 Christ's answer was no in a round about way. I contend that the question would never have been asked if the preaching and teaching in the assembly, ekklesia, had not been about the affairs of state. So, can there really be a separation between the church and state? Of course not, for the very idea of "the affairs of state" is built right into the word church. In early New England, and throughout the American 17th Century colonies, they did not improperly call their buildings with the steeple and the bell, often used for worship services, churches. They were called "meeting houses" and it was there that the "affairs of state" were openly discussed. Patrick Henry gave his stirring speech, "Give me liberty or give me death!" in such an assembly meeting in Richmond, Virginia. It was quite properly a church. Thus, a New Testament Church can only mean "an assembly of Jacob-Israel gathered to discuss the affairs of state." One of the Gifts of the Spirit, that all Christians are to have is the Gift of governments as set forth in I Corinthians 12:28. The proper word for the so-called churches today, where the "affairs of state" are never discussed, would be an assembly as set forth in James 2:2. There the word is sunogoge, or synagogue in English. I never attend synagogues. Please do not invite me to go to one.

--Nord William Davis, Jr

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
« Reply #564 on: January 18, 2012, 10:34:34 PM »
I think you would find disagreement from Americans that there are no Americans.  Probably as you might from Chinese that there are no Chinese, etc.    :laughing7:   

For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.  I Cor. 1:18   :thumbsup:

The second word I want to address in this section is the word church. Christians suppose that this original Greek word meant some sort of assembly that is devoted to Christian worship, preaching, praying and prophesying. Some think it means an assembly, ekklesia, to have a warm Christian fellowship, singing and praising God, and so forth. If you will look up the word assembly in Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, you will again find the national intent of that word translated church. According to Vine's, a church is "a body of citizens gathered to discuss the affairs of state." When Jesus said, "I will build my church," He was saying that He would build an assembly that would be informed as to the affairs of state, that is, the proper use of government. During one of His church meetings, one of the disciples asked. "Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the Kingdom to Israel?" [Acts 1:61 Christ's answer was no in a round about way. I contend that the question would never have been asked if the preaching and teaching in the assembly, ekklesia, had not been about the affairs of state. So, can there really be a separation between the church and state? Of course not, for the very idea of "the affairs of state" is built right into the word church. In early New England, and throughout the American 17th Century colonies, they did not improperly call their buildings with the steeple and the bell, often used for worship services, churches. They were called "meeting houses" and it was there that the "affairs of state" were openly discussed. Patrick Henry gave his stirring speech, "Give me liberty or give me death!" in such an assembly meeting in Richmond, Virginia. It was quite properly a church. Thus, a New Testament Church can only mean "an assembly of Jacob-Israel gathered to discuss the affairs of state." One of the Gifts of the Spirit, that all Christians are to have is the Gift of governments as set forth in I Corinthians 12:28. The proper word for the so-called churches today, where the "affairs of state" are never discussed, would be an assembly as set forth in James 2:2. There the word is sunogoge, or synagogue in English. I never attend synagogues. Please do not invite me to go to one.

--Nord William Davis, Jr

Jesus also said my kingdom is not of this world.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #565 on: January 18, 2012, 11:34:42 PM »

--Nord William Davis, Jr

Jesus also said my kingdom is not of this world.

Is THAT what he said?

What did Jesus say and to whom and when did he say it?

What did he say?  He didn't say what you said.

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place." John 18:36

That little word 'now' is really there in the scripture.

When is 'now'?  Now is when he was speaking to Pilate, before his crucifixion.  Does 'now' still apply after the cross?  Didn't the cross change anything?

How did he teach his disciples to pray:

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven.

So If we are praying for his kingdom to come and his will to be done on earth---when do we think that kingdom is going to happen?  Has it already happened?  How?

Did it happen after the cross?  If so, then why do Christians always parrot part of the words of Christ and leave out the word 'now'?

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
« Reply #566 on: January 18, 2012, 11:48:38 PM »
I could be wrong, it would be a first  :laughing7: but I don't think any carnal governments are going to have anything to do with the fullness of the kingdom on earth.  I have no hope in our government or any other human institution, babylon babylon the great is fallen.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #567 on: January 19, 2012, 12:30:47 AM »

--Nord William Davis, Jr

Don't worry, you and I are much less apart on this than many others might be.  That said, I'm not saying "the affairs of the state" aren't important, but my own view is;  1) the earthly kingdoms are going to fall, and in the meantime, they won't be changed by my struggling with them (and others) with "just" my human effort - and righteousness can't be legislated - it comes about as we seek God's face and HE brings it about according to His will, 2) they're not to be my primary focus, and 3) my focus is to be on God and trusting in Him more, yielding to relationship and obedience to Him - wherever and whatever He leads and empowers that to be.  4) I'm NOT saying do nothing, I'm just saying 1,2 and 3 apply to my understanding of it, and  e)  :laughing7:  although as with most topics, much is allowed to a point, it's truly, factually not a political forum   :bigGrin: (the context being, "let's not haggle and argue about politics to the extreme point of primary focus and distraction").

I'm also open to the distinct possibility that some are called to be more involved in certain areas (including "state matters") than others.  As my dear old blind aunt used to say, "as the Bible says, every tub will sit on its own bottom".  (She had others.:)   Personally, I speak up, have opinions, express them as I feel led.  By His blessings, I have some measure of "earthly" protection for myself and my family.  Yet I realize the only true safety is looking to Him and abiding in the shelter of His wings - no matter what else happens around us.

As far as "church" and its purpose, and at least moderately responding to Mr. Davis' view, I guess one of the places I'd begin to indicate my own POV, is here;    http://www.tentmaker.org/Dew/Dew2/D2-CirceDaughterOfTheSun.html

Blessings.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:21:11 AM by jabcat »

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #568 on: January 19, 2012, 01:24:31 AM »
Good Word,my brother

it was love and mercy that delivered me out of spiritual bondage to a very legalistic religious system of worship.  the 'leaders' in the 'church' were very

hard-hearted,demanding and unkind/unloving  to a sister I knew.    the best I can understand is God sent me to Babylon,a spiritual prison house...

until I paid the last penny[due to my salvation by works/personal merit theology=self-righteousness]   I was delivered from that when 'love' set me free

my love and compassion for a sister[little one] freed me.  at that time my eyes were opened to their religious hypocrisy...thye lack of love evidenced to me

So true. It bothers me some that people are so afraid to let love and mercy rise up. They are so afraid that without control and condemnation things will just "go out of control" LOL. The truth is, "out of control" is better than legalism because you can get delivered from the sins of the flesh much easier than you can get delivered from false religion. I was a drug addict when Jesus rescued me as a young man. He had me cleaned up and whole again in a couple of years. Later, as I got "religion" and the ambition that goes with "churchianity", it took many beatings and 10 or 15 years of fire to get my head out of my......you know, that thing Balaam rode on as he prophesied for profit ;o)

GOD WILL SHARE HIS GLORY WITH NO MAN. His love is the only answer and His love is free, as is our mother, the heavenly Jerusalem, as are all the sons- who serve ONLY FOR LOVE. Not for sustenance(Esau). Not for security(Jeroboam). Not for power(Simon the Sorcerer). Not for esteem(Diotrophes). Only for the Love of God and the restoration of His creation. THAT'S THE ONLY PLACE THE GLORY WILL DWELL. That's where the tongues of fire rest, that's where the wind of the Spirit blows. The self righteous anger of man does not accomplish the righteousness of God, not even Moses could get lost in self righteous anger and get by with it.

I am thankful for every blow struck upon me by my Father, who has been faithful to preserve me from opportunities that appeared to be so good in my eyes but were just trips around the desert.

Humble yourself under the mighty hand of God, in due time He will lift you up.

After you have suffered for a little while, God Himself will confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Satan has desired to sift you like wheat. Fear not, I have prayed for you........When you have been converted, strengthen the brethren.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #569 on: January 19, 2012, 01:45:47 AM »
The trouble is not all men are good. When there are no force or barriers, then evil people are let loose.

The scriptures say that Law and order are a terror for good works and that they are there for the ungodly.

I think the ungodly appreciate rules, because they know their own wicked ways and so are afraid of what others can do.

A bit like how gangster mobs, tend not to touch each other in a mad gun fight, because of the fear of the law.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #570 on: January 19, 2012, 10:15:52 AM »
Of course, but that is the way of the world. Among Christians, who are within the kingdom of God, there is another, higher law. This is the law of love, the liberty of the spirit, transformation into the (inner)image of Christ. As Paul said, against such there is no law. They are within "the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus"....staring intently into the "perfect law of liberty" and there is only love. Other "ways" simply bear witness against themselves that they are not of the spirit. Until one is born from above, seeing the perfection of grace and the freedom of the spirit, there is only religion, law and death, for the letter kills, only the Spirit gives life.
The spirit of the revelation in the true knowledge of God teaches this as fundamental living in Christ. The mind of man has another law, which is no law at all, merely more death, chaos and destruction.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:21:53 PM by eaglesway »

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #571 on: January 19, 2012, 04:18:41 PM »
Good Word,my brother

So true. It bothers me some that people are so afraid to let love and mercy rise up. They are so afraid that without control and condemnation things will just "go out of control" LOL. The truth is, "out of control" is better than legalism because you can get delivered from the sins of the flesh much easier than you can get delivered from false religion. I was a drug addict when Jesus rescued me as a young man. He had me cleaned up and whole again in a couple of years. Later, as I got "religion" and the ambition that goes with "churchianity", it took many beatings and 10 or 15 years of fire to get my head out of my......you know, that thing Balaam rode on as he prophesied for profit ;o)

GOD WILL SHARE HIS GLORY WITH NO MAN. His love is the only answer and His love is free, as is our mother, the heavenly Jerusalem, as are all the sons- who serve ONLY FOR LOVE. Not for sustenance(Esau). Not for security(Jeroboam). Not for power(Simon the Sorcerer). Not for esteem(Diotrophes). Only for the Love of God and the restoration of His creation. THAT'S THE ONLY PLACE THE GLORY WILL DWELL. That's where the tongues of fire rest, that's where the wind of the Spirit blows. The self righteous anger of man does not accomplish the righteousness of God, not even Moses could get lost in self righteous anger and get by with it.

I am thankful for every blow struck upon me by my Father, who has been faithful to preserve me from opportunities that appeared to be so good in my eyes but were just trips around the desert.

Humble yourself under the mighty hand of God, in due time He will lift you up.

After you have suffered for a little while, God Himself will confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Satan has desired to sift you like wheat. Fear not, I have prayed for you........When you have been converted, strengthen the brethren.

:cloud9: Great post....to God be the glory.  :thumbsup:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #572 on: January 19, 2012, 06:23:15 PM »

Luke 19:12-13
King James Version (KJV)

12He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

13And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #573 on: January 19, 2012, 07:02:05 PM »

--Nord William Davis, Jr

Don't worry, you and I are much less apart on this than many others might be.  That said, I'm not saying "the affairs of the state" aren't important, but my own view is;  1) the earthly kingdoms are going to fall, and in the meantime, they won't be changed by my struggling with them (and others) with "just" my human effort - and righteousness can't be legislated - it comes about as we seek God's face and HE brings it about according to His will, 2) they're not to be my primary focus, and 3) my focus is to be on God and trusting in Him more, yielding to relationship and obedience to Him - wherever and whatever He leads and empowers that to be.  4) I'm NOT saying do nothing, I'm just saying 1,2 and 3 apply to my understanding of it, and  e)  :laughing7:  although as with most topics, much is allowed to a point, it's truly, factually not a political forum   :bigGrin: (the context being, "let's not haggle and argue about politics to the extreme point of primary focus and distraction").

I'm also open to the distinct possibility that some are called to be more involved in certain areas (including "state matters") than others.  As my dear old blind aunt used to say, "as the Bible says, every tub will sit on its own bottom".  (She had others.:)   Personally, I speak up, have opinions, express them as I feel led.  By His blessings, I have some measure of "earthly" protection for myself and my family.  Yet I realize the only true safety is looking to Him and abiding in the shelter of His wings - no matter what else happens around us.

As far as "church" and its purpose, and at least moderately responding to Mr. Davis' view, I guess one of the places I'd begin to indicate my own POV, is here;    http://www.tentmaker.org/Dew/Dew2/D2-CirceDaughterOfTheSun.html

Blessings.

Just my  :2c:. I believe that in America, believers should struggle for righteousness. I believe righteousness can be legislated, if we vote righteously. I don't believe it can be a "purely political" struggle- but as the salt of the earth, if we want to enjoy the freedom our national foundation stones have provided......We should struggle to maintain them> even when it appears to be a hopeless fight. Where else will hope be found, if not among us.

The problem is, how do we define righteousness? It is never easy, but it is worth the discussion, because we often find that people who disagree intensely about many things will often agree about certain core values if they are presented without sectarian leverage(political or religious).

For example;

Do you want to be free to speak your mind, even if that means others with whom you intensely disagree will also have that freedom?

Do you want your children to have the right to pursue life liberty and happiness, even if that means they must struggle with people who are doing the same thing, but oppose some of your basic principles of living?

Do you want your children, or your neighbors children, to be slaves of the state or some oligarchy?

These are all things we struggle for, in different ways, as citizens of the kingdom that is coming and will embody all of those good principles. Freedom, at this stage in time, is still very messy- but DEFINITELY to be preferred to totalitarianism, or fascism etc, etc. So even as I pray for the kingdom to come in me, to come in my community, to come in the Bride and to come on earth, I will work in all of those arenas, and encourage others to do the same.

If we, who have the mind of Christ, are unwilling to cry out for justice and equity and freedom, Who else will?

Speaking just for myself, as a personal conviction, we can be salt and light in the world around us in many ways- most of them not cloistered within the walls of mute church buildings. As a Christian, I serve my community in supporting a non-profit, non sectarian food distribution effort. I am supporting the candidacy of Elizabeth Warren in Congress.....she is just one voice against the corruption that is destroying our nation. I stood on the corner at Occupy Wall Street beside a baptist minister and people of a dozen other persuasions who all simply agreed that something ought to be done to stem the tide of corrupt corporate greed.

I am not saying ANYONE ELSE should do any of these particular things, but IMO this nation was raised up by God as a Cyrus to Israel and the Gospel.... and although God has disciplined, and may even judge this country for her sins, I consider it a PART OF my Christianity to speak out against inequity as well as speak FOR CHRIST, even as the prophets who were before me did. I do that in HOPE, not fatalism, and I will hope against hope until the ramparts have fallen and I am buried under them :o)

I only post this because I would prefer to see more Christians on the front-lines for the things that preserve us all and allow us to "live in peace with all men while freely declaring our faith". I for one will miss it when its gone, and for my children, and for my children's children, I will fight for it.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #574 on: January 19, 2012, 07:17:14 PM »
Again, I'm probably somewhere in the middle.   I'm saying I don't believe "state affairs" should be our primary focus - although again, I believe some may be called to be more directly involved in those as their vocation and/or ministry. 

Maybe it's a subtle distinction - if it even exists - but I question that true righteousness can be brought about by laws.  It seems to me to be a matter of the heart, and one can be righteous and have the correct relationship with God, no matter what the laws are.  On the other hand, all the right laws can be in place, and people still be evil, murderous (hate-filled), and very far from God (reference Iran - stoning for adultery, chopping off hands for stealing).    It does get complicated, because I do believe the "right" laws should be in place, i.e., the killing of innocents outlawed, robbing and stealing carrying consequences, etc.    I also believe we can honor Him with our government, laws, and behavior.  It's just that (as I imagine most if not all of us here believe) in the end, the Lord God destroys kingdoms or heals the land;  He kills and makes alive. 

1The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;

2Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion;

3Remember all thy offerings, and accept thy burnt sacrifice; Selah.

4Grant thee according to thine own heart, and fulfil all thy counsel.

5We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the LORD fulfil all thy petitions.

6Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.

7Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

8They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright.

9Save, LORD: let the king hear us when we call.   Psalm 20

Blessings, James.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 07:37:13 PM by jabcat »