Author Topic: Delusion of infernal torment: a pagan superstition  (Read 4549 times)

Doug

Re: Delusion of infernal torment: a pagan superstition
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 01:04:32 AM »
Quote from: Doug on July 08, 2009

Judgment, Peter said, "begins at the house of God," the church.

1 Peter 4:17
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

This is the question Paul answers above...

The gospel is about the New Covenant, which includes the promise that God will put his laws in our hearts and write them on our minds, and remember our sins no more.

Weymouth New Testament
Hebrews 10:15-17
And the Holy Spirit also gives us His testimony; for when He had said, "'This is the Covenant that I will make with them after those days,' says the Lord: 'I will put My laws upon their hearts and will write them on their minds;'" He adds, "And their sins and offences I will remember no longer."

The teachings of Jesus, James, and Paul were quite similar, as shown below: 

Jesus: "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect"
James: "Submit yourselves therefore to God"
Paul: "Present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God"

Jesus: "Blessed are the poor in spirit"
James: "Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble."
Paul: "Let no one think of himself more highly than he ought"

Jesus: "Blessed are the pure in heart"
James: "Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded."
Paul: "Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good"

Jesus: "Bless them that curse you"
James: "Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be."
Paul: "Bless them which persecute you"

Jesus: "Blessed are the merciful"
James: "For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy"
Paul: "Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep"

Jesus: "Do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you"
James: "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy"
Paul: "Recompense to no man evil for evil"

Jesus: "Blessed are the meek"
James: "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up"
Paul: "Condescend to men of low estate"

Jesus: "Resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also"
James: "Speak not evil one of another, brethren"

Jesus: "Blessed are the peacemakers"
James: "And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace"
Paul: "As much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men"

Jesus: "If ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you"
James: "Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door"
Paul: "Avenge not yourselves"

Jesus: "Love your enemies"
James: "If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well"
Paul: "If thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him to drink"

Jesus: "All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them"
James: "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin."
Paul: "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good"

Doug

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 02:02:21 AM »
 :cloud9: The Lord showed me the root spirit of ET is sodomy, ie. putting His Seed (which is in all of us), in Gehenna (waste dump). Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Doug

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 04:28:36 AM »

Quote from: Doug

The teachings of Jesus, James, and Paul were quite similar...

The list below shows that the teachings of Jesus, James, Paul and the Old Testament are similar:

Jesus: "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect"
James: "Submit yourselves therefore to God"
Paul: "Present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God"
Genesis 17:1 "I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect."

Jesus: "Blessed are the poor in spirit"
James: "Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble."
Paul: "Let no one think of himself more highly than he ought"
Psalm 51:17 "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise."

Jesus: "Blessed are the pure in heart"
James: "Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded."
Paul: "Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good"
1 Samuel 12:24 "Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you."

Jesus: "Bless them that curse you"
James: "Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be."
Paul: "Bless them which persecute you"
Psalm 37:8 "Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil."

Jesus: "Blessed are the merciful"
James: "For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy"
Paul: "Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep"
Psalm 37:21 "The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth."

Jesus: "Do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you"
James: "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy"
Psalm 34:14 "Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it."

Jesus: "Blessed are the meek"
James: "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up"
Paul: "Condescend to men of low estate"
Proverbs 16:19 "Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud."

Jesus: "Resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also"
James: "Speak not evil one of another, brethren"
Psalm 34:13 "Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile."

Jesus: "Blessed are the peacemakers"
James: "And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace"
Paul: "As much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men"
Psalm 119:165 "Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them."

Jesus: "If ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you"
James: "Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door"
Paul: "Avenge not yourselves"
Leviticus 19:18 "Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD."

James: "If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well"
Paul: "If thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him to drink"
Proverbs 25:21 "If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink"

Jesus: "All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them"
James: "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin."
Paul: "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good"
Psalm 37:27 "Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore."

Doug

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2009, 07:02:33 AM »
Such is the narcissism of man.
The worship of self has no bounds.

Doug

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2009, 06:33:42 PM »

It seems that I left the apostle Peter out of the picture. That is corrected in the list below, which also includes a couple of additional topics of comparison.

Jesus: "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."
James: "Submit yourselves therefore to God."
Peter: Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
Paul: "Present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God."
Genesis 17:1 "I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect."

Jesus: "Blessed are the poor in spirit."
Peter: "Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble."
Paul: "Let no one think of himself more highly than he ought."
Psalm 51:17 "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise."

Jesus: "Blessed are the pure in heart."
Peter: "Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently."
Paul: "Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good."
1 Samuel 12:24 "Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you."

Jesus: "Bless them that curse you."
Peter: "For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:"
Paul: "Bless them which persecute you."
Psalm 37:8 "Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil."

Jesus: "Blessed are the merciful."
James: "For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy."
Peter: "Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous."
Paul: "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law."
Psalm 37:21 "The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth."

Jesus: "Do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you."
James: "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy."
Peter: "If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified."
Paul: "Recompense to no man evil for evil."
Psalm 34:14 "Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it."

Jesus: "Blessed are the meek."
James: "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up."
Peter: "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time."
Paul: "Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering."
Proverbs 16:19 "Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud."

Jesus: "Resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."
James: "Speak not evil one of another, brethren."
Peter: "For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile."
Paul: "Recompense to no man evil for evil."
Psalm 34:13 "Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile."

Jesus: "Blessed are the peacemakers."
James: "And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace."
Peter: "For he that will love life, and see good days, ... Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it."
Paul: "As much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men."
Psalm 119:165 "Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them."

Jesus: "If ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you."
James: "Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door."
Peter: "Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing."
Paul: "Avenge not yourselves."
Leviticus 19:18 "Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD."

James: "If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well."
Peter: "Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king."
Paul: "If thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him to drink."
Proverbs 25:21 "If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink"

Jesus: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."
James: "So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty."
Peter: "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."
Paul: "That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."
Psalm 119:34 "Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart."

Jesus: "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled."
James: "And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace."   
Peter: "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Paul: "For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth."
Proverbs 11:30 "The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise."

Jesus: "All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them."
Peter: "Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation."
Paul: "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."
Psalm 37:27 "Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore."

Doug