Discussions Relating to Universal Reconciliation > Book of Revelation

Daniel 9:24

(1/2) > >>

Gizmo:
Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. Daniel 9:24

Since Jesus fulfilled all prophesy, in fact every jot and tittle, how is this one fulfilled? 

finish the transgression [the, singular, meaning Adam's sin]

Fulfilled:  But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many [many=all since all died in Adam] died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many. Romans 5:15

and to make an end of sins [plural, meaning the law]

Fulfilled: "having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross." Col 2:14

to make reconciliation for iniquity [for whom? all]

Fulfilled: "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation." I Corinthians 5:19

to bring in everlasting righteousness

Fulfilled: for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for the many [see above many=all] for forgiveness of sins. Matt 26:28

to seal up the vision and prophecy

Fulfilled: Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to fulfill them.  Matt 5:27

and to anoint the most Holy

Fulfilled: And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Good news!!! Great news!!!  We are all passionately loved by God!!

Giz

hopeful:

--- Quote from: Gizmo on January 27, 2008, 09:52:37 PM ---Good news!!! Great news!!!  We are all passionately loved by God!!

--- End quote ---

Amen, glory, hallelujah!   :boogie:

whyiloveitaly.com:
Giz:
That was a beautiful post! I haven't read from Daniel for a long time, but when I read the number of the verse, it was like pulling out an old treasure! Dusty, but perhaps more beautiful than before!
Can I quote your comments on my site?

Brian

Gizmo:

--- Quote ---Can I quote your comments on my site?
--- End quote ---

Yes you can.  Also, can you provide a hyperlink to your site?  I'm glad you were blessed.  I love redeeming these verses from unbelieving Christians.  They use supposedly unfulfilled verses to put people in fear and bondage that some insanely angry Jesus is coming back to vaporize everyone.  I say they are unbelieving Christians because although they go to church and wear a cross around their neck, they don't believe what Jesus actually said, which was He came to FULFILL all law and PROPHESY.  There are no unfulfilled OT prophesies....silly dispensationalists....

Giz

70sevens:
Good post.

I am not a dispensationalist,
but Jesus' fulfillment was done some 2k years ago.
I wonder what has that got to do with 'Me'?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version