Discussions Relating to Universal Reconciliation > Bible Verses Used to Assert Not All Will be Saved

Revelation 21:27 Book of Life

(1/1)

jabcat:
Revelation 21:27  And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defiles, neither whatever works abomination, or makes a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

marie glen:
No one enters the Kingdom without believing/being in the Book of Life (the Book of Life being "to believe" surely?) The statement "those not found in the Book of Life will go to the Lake of Fire, which is the second death" is not spoken by God, until after the second resurrection (Revelation 20:12-15).

Why a second resurrection (the resurrection of all who died still unbelieving) if they are only to perish (or worse)? And after being resurrected and living through the long day of the examination/judgment of all things, who's not going to "believe"?

Worse than that, if one goes to 'heaven or hell' at death, that would be a passing sentence before trial and conviction..

Often said is the quote "Jesus paid the price" and the example if someone paid to the bank on my behalf, a large debt I owed, if I showed up in court concerning it, it would still be an account stamped with "paid in full" when all was said and done. (And how wondrously happy and appreciative I would be! And would receive the same wages, ultimately, as those who toiled in the heat of the day - Matthew 20:13-15, parable doesn't fit exactly but is of the same sentiment. But the first resurrection still far surpasses the second in celebratory joy and glory, etc. Any drama worth its salt, fully proving good from evil / life from death has to have 'good' guys and 'bad' guys for the sake of the drama.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version