Discussions Relating to Universal Reconciliation > Bible Verses Used to Assert Not All Will be Saved

Matthew 26:24

(1/9) > >>

Agent X:

--- Quote --- Mat 26:24 KJV

The Son of man goeth as it is written of him:
but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed!
it had been good for that man if he had not been born.
--- End quote ---

Greetings all,

My online persona is Agent X. I am a Christian studying Universalism and I am finding a lot of interesting perspectives.
Many questions I have held within are being answered, but new questions are coming up.

One such question is what did Jesus mean by this statement?

"it had been good for that man if he had not been born."

Would this not infer that he (Judas) was about to encounter something so terrifying, so great in it's evil that he would have been better off to never exist?
I always interpreted this passage to mean that Judas was about to be spending an eternity in hellfire.

Why else would it be better to have never have been born, then spend all eternity in anguish and torment?

sheila:
 it is always better if the 'man of sin' had never been 'born'...for he is of the offspring of viper spirit'satan entered him'   born of the spirit..whether Holy

or evil. Jesus said,'did I not choose you 12,yet one of you is a devil/liar.  Unregenerated man..it would have been better if he had not been born..for

sin in the flesh is condemned rightly so by God...for He made man for His spirit to dwell in....and anyone that touches you is as good as a dead man.

Really I would wish that none of us had ever been born in sin. Woe to the earth for the devil has come down to you.

God declared,'sacrifice and offering I did NOT want,but obediance, and this 'LISTEN TO HIM"...but due to sin in the flesh..he was sacrificed/betrayed

for this reason,he cried out 'FATHER,FORGIVE THEM,THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO"

1 Cor 15;49 as was the earthly man,so where those of the earth,and as is the man from heaven,so also are those who are of heaven,and just as we

have borne the likeness of the earthly man,so too shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven. 2 Peter 1;21  For prophecy never had

it's origen in the will of man,but men spoke from God as they were borne along of the Holy spirit.  John 3;8The wind bloweth where it may,and no-one

knows wher it comes from,or where it goes,so to,those born of the spirit

jabcat:
Yes, all of us were lowered into this condition to "have an experience of evil".  However, some have been chosen for an even more difficult path in this life,  as He created vessels of both honor and dishonor.  All to suit His purposes here.     However, All to be restored at the consummation of the ages.

Quoting Dora Van Assen,   "For to vanity was the creation subjected, not voluntarily, but because of Him who subjected it, in expectation that the creation itself, also, shall be freed from the slavery of corruption into the glorious freedom of the children of God." Rom.8,20-21.CCV Please note that God has given every man HOPE. There is always hope for everyone no matter how bound in sin and degradation. He is lowered into this death realm in EXPECTATION of something even better than what he had before.   http://www.godfire.net/kennedy/dora_van_assen_exact_immage.htm

WhiteWings:
Not only eternal torture is to be avoided. Most people try to avoid even 1 year in jail. Judas killed himself shortly after the betrayl

http://www.tentmaker.org/forum/bible_threatenings_explained/judas_better_if_he_had_not_been_born_7901.msg92063.html#msg92063

jabcat:
Yes, it would have been better for Judas had he been able to stay in the spirit realm with God, rather than perform the role for which he was chosen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version