Discussions Relating to Universal Reconciliation > Bible Verses Used to Assert Not All Will be Saved

Matt. 16:18 ...and the gates of Hell (Hades) shall not prevail against it

<< < (2/45) > >>

WhiteWings:

--- Quote from: Molly on October 11, 2011, 11:45:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: ww ---From that point on paganism was enforced.
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what you mean by this or even what relevance it has.

What difference does it make that one is celebrating the birth of Jesus on the wrong day with pagan accoutrements like lighted trees?
--- End quote ---
Paganism is much more than that. Trinity, priests, celibacy, popes, layout of the church, altars, hell, pulpits (hanging on the wall), worship of saints, statues of Greek/Roman gods in church, symbolism, etc.

Molly:

--- Quote from: WhiteWings on October 11, 2011, 11:59:59 AM ---
--- Quote from: Molly on October 11, 2011, 11:45:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: ww ---From that point on paganism was enforced.
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what you mean by this or even what relevance it has.

What difference does it make that one is celebrating the birth of Jesus on the wrong day with pagan accoutrements like lighted trees?
--- End quote ---
Paganism is much more than that. Trinity, priests, celibacy, popes, layout of the church, altars, hell, pulpits (hanging on the wall), worship of saints, statues of Greek/Roman gods in church, symbolism, etc.

--- End quote ---

But the point is that what is important is somehow transmitted through and beyond all of that  to those appointed to eternal life.

WhiteWings:
Many religions believe in eternal life.
Anyway, one of the questions of the OP was how ET crept in. And that's what I explained.

Molly:

--- Quote from: WhiteWings on October 11, 2011, 12:36:14 PM ---Many religions believe in eternal life.
Anyway, one of the questions of the OP was how ET crept in. And that's what I explained.

--- End quote ---

But we are talking of our religion and the true church of Jesus Christ.

And, I am saying the true church is individual believers no matter what denomination they come from---and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against them.

redhotmagma:
Molly I'd say the pagan symbolism is significant, otherwise God would not have told the Israelites to destroy their high places and Asherah poles.  You believe those other gods are fallen angels or sons of god (I think) and those rites of worship are directed at them. 

For me the problem with the pagan stuff in Christianity is not so much their past, but that we are to worship in spirit and truth.  The church has become a worship of the natural (not the true ecclesia I'm talking here) or at least a mixture of.

How many times I've heard "bring your worship into the house of god" meaning the church building, um last I knew we are the temple of the holy spirit.
There is only one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ, except that guy who gets up on his tower (of babel) each sunday to tell me how to really interpret the "word of God" (wait I thought Jesus was the word of God?), I mean how can you really know unless you've been ordained or gone to seminary.
What is that main focal point in almost every church?  Oh that symbol for the sun-god, that is (possibly the mark of the beast) the cross (which Jesus didn't actually die on, but a tree or stake)
Thankfully we have the church bells to bring us in every sunday, oh those are ba'als originally, and represent osiris' testicles, and that church steeple is his penis. 

These things are what so many christians consider an important part of their worship, but remember that the Israelites thought they were worshipping God when they built the golden calf. 

the OP's question was how would we explain the church's falling away.  I'd say its the mixing of spirit and truth, with natural and false.  The pagan hell doctrine came in with the pagan symbolism, which is what you would expect if you are worshipping through carnal means, you will get carnal doctrines.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version