Discussions Relating to Universal Reconciliation > Bible Verses Used to Assert Not All Will be Saved

Matt. 16:18 ...and the gates of Hell (Hades) shall not prevail against it

<< < (45/45)

eaglesway:

--- Quote from: Beloved Servant on October 23, 2011, 11:20:29 PM ---

He was joyful about it!

Hebrews 1:
8; But about the Son he says,
   "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
   a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
9; You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy."

--- End quote ---

Heb 4:15  For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

He went a little farther, and fell on the ground, and prayed that if it were possible, the hour might pass from Him. And He said, "Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will." (Mar 14:35-36)

In the days of His flesh, He offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His piety. Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered.
(Heb 5:7-8)

Every high priest is taken from among men

It could be said that his zeal for the Father's house consumed him. It could be said that his joy sustained  him through his sorrows and his pain. He sympathizes with our weakness because He knows them from experience. Great is the mystery of godliness.

gkm:

--- Quote from: CrossoverManiac on October 11, 2011, 04:41:33 AM ---Many years ago, when I was exposed to anti-catholic protestant literature, I decided that the claim that the Church stopped existing when it apostates from the reign of Constantine to the Protestant Reformation or the formation of the Baptist Church (for the Landmarkists) denied the scriptures where Jesus promised the Church would not fall.  Expand that from just the Catholic Church to all professing denominations.  According to universalism, the Church went into error and taught a false gospel of a hell that only existed in pagan imaginations.  How would universalists explain the Church's falling away from truth and believing the lie of eternal torment?

--- End quote ---

The church apostatizing is different from its cessation of existing, in my view. In fact, the church started going into error, or apostatizing even before the close of the NT cannon, for in the NT we read of both grave errors (sins) in various churches, and prophecy that many would fall away from the faith.

No church is correct in every point of doctrine, in my view. There is doctrine which is essential for
receiving eternal life, and there are doctrines which affect the quality of life lived. I believe that in
most if not all Christian churches there are true believers, even though they may believe many false
doctrines. In my view, all who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ for eternal life, have it. Since I believed
I have found out that I held many false doctrines, but I don't think that those false beliefs kept me
from being saved. I did not believe in UR until quite recently, and don't believe that kept me from
being saved at all. It's just the after coming to this new knowledge, I can explain much I could not before, and I am much more at peace with all of life. My view of God greatly changed when I learned the truth of UR.

jabcat:

--- Quote from: gkm on February 04, 2012, 04:42:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: CrossoverManiac on October 11, 2011, 04:41:33 AM ---Many years ago, when I was exposed to anti-catholic protestant literature, I decided that the claim that the Church stopped existing when it apostates from the reign of Constantine to the Protestant Reformation or the formation of the Baptist Church (for the Landmarkists) denied the scriptures where Jesus promised the Church would not fall.  Expand that from just the Catholic Church to all professing denominations.  According to universalism, the Church went into error and taught a false gospel of a hell that only existed in pagan imaginations.  How would universalists explain the Church's falling away from truth and believing the lie of eternal torment?

--- End quote ---

The church apostatizing is different from its cessation of existing, in my view. In fact, the church started going into error, or apostatizing even before the close of the NT cannon, for in the NT we read of both grave errors (sins) in various churches, and prophecy that many would fall away from the faith.

No church is correct in every point of doctrine, in my view. There is doctrine which is essential for
receiving eternal life, and there are doctrines which affect the quality of life lived. I believe that in
most if not all Christian churches there are true believers, even though they may believe many false
doctrines. In my view, all who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ for eternal life, have it. Since I believed
I have found out that I held many false doctrines, but I don't think that those false beliefs kept me
from being saved. I did not believe in UR until quite recently, and don't believe that kept me from
being saved at all. It's just the after coming to this new knowledge, I can explain much I could not before, and I am much more at peace with all of life. My view of God greatly changed when I learned the truth of UR.

--- End quote ---

That's how I see it too.  I had a guy (no longer posting here) a few years ago tell me he didn't believe anyone that believed in ET was as yet reconciled to God (as he put it).  I've said several different times, the Bible doesn't say believe in UR and you will be saved...although I believe the revelation of UR is of course a very important one, being given faith to believe in Jesus as Savior is what the Bible says it takes to be spiritually reborn (saved).   

eaglesway:
Say not, "We are children of Abraham". I can raise up children to Abraham from these stones. You are of your father, the devil.....he was a murderer from the beginning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version