Author Topic: Hebrews 9:27 Die, Then Judgment  (Read 6584 times)

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
Re: Hebrews 9:27 Die, Then Judgment
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2012, 04:45:33 PM »
And God only smacked Paul upside the head  :doh:on the road to Damascus because Paul "Let Him" :laughing7:
And pharoah LET god harden his heart toward the Jews
And King Cyrus Let God use him (tho he wasn't a believer)
David Let God use him? All through the bible there is never an instance of people "letting" God use them rather than, "God told me to do this so I did it"
C'mon These ET'ers think that their will is stronger than God's. That's their excuse for "God doesn't send anyone to hell, they send themselves there by their refusing to "accept" Jesus.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2012, 05:00:46 PM »
These ET'ers think that their will is stronger than God's.
That's a leftover from the origin of the ET doctrine. Pagan gods also seem had problems staying in control.
That's their excuse for "God doesn't send anyone to hell, they send themselves there by their refusing to "accept" Jesus.
And for getting God of the hook for torture.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2012, 05:33:41 PM »
Yes, this same preacher said "You have to choose to accept Jesus, He doesn't interfere with man's free will, it would be like rape.

Well, we know that God is the one who changes the mind and someday this preacher will bow the knee and confess that it is God and not man who decides things. God speed that day.

CHB

Offline Deena

• Est
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2012, 06:13:24 PM »
Thanks to all for putting up with my ranting and encouraging me. For some reason I have been going through a season of fear. You all have helped me today. Does anyone have an article or book to racommend on dealing with fear? Hebrews 10 is also helping.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2012, 06:43:03 PM »
"Perfect love casts out all fear" Instead of living in the right now, we as humans either dwell on a guilty past or project fear of what might happen in the future.
Jesus took care of all our guilt by removing all our sins, he takes care of the fearful future by promising he will never leave us or forsake us, that nothing happens to us that we can't handle and hasn't been through God's filter. The more we trust and love God the less our fears of the future
(really, all our fears concern the future because we can't be afraid of what has passed and we do not fear what is currently happening. Granted, sometimes the fear is what might happen in the next few minutes, hours, or days,weeks,years, etc. but it is still future.)
But fear is a sign that complete love and trust in the Lord is off somewhat.

I think of it a little as the hero of a TV series. 200 episodes, they encounter a lot of stuff where you think, "How will they ever escape/avoid/get out of/ this current mess they are in?" The best shows are where you think there is no way out and yet it happens and not by some silly contrivance of the writers but by an ingenious idea.
In life, we sometimes come to that, "How will I ever get out of this/escape/ avoid what's coming." Trust and love God, don't trust, but love others.
"For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed to him..." (your life) 
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Online micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2012, 06:45:56 PM »
Yes, this same preacher said "You have to choose to accept Jesus, He doesn't interfere with man's free will, it would be like rape.

Well, we know that God is the one who changes the mind and someday this preacher will bow the knee and confess that it is God and not man who decides things. God speed that day.

CHB
:gthumbsup:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Online micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2012, 06:47:45 PM »
This is what makes me crazy--if all we know is a gift from God and grace and righteousness are a gift that is not earned, if apart from Him I can do nothing, then why then ask me to do something? Submit yourself a living sacrifice, do not be conformed to the world... the list of do's is long and I have beat myself up with them for 20 evangelical years. Indeed the experience of evil humbles man--its mission all too aparent for me. I am coming to the end of trusting in myself--it's futile. Ok, with that realization, I am terrified at those list of do's. They mock me as I cannot do them consistently. That is part of the paradox--it's all a gift and by God's will, oh and by the way, you have to do things. What? Forgive me for belaboring this point. It really does make me crazy in trying to reconcile it.

Hi Deena,

I use to have this same problem and still do at times I have to remind myself of what Paul said "for it is God who works in you BOTH TO WILL AND TO DO of his good pleasure".

This is the answer to the whole problem. Once you come to see that it is God working in you that does ALL of the works that you think you need to do then you are succeding in dying to self. Not that you are the one succeding but it is God working in you. It took me a long time to see this but once you do you will be more at peace with yourself.

I know most don't agree with what I am going to say here but the apostles all were teachers to the Israelites, they taught the Israelites New Covenant because this was what was promised to them. The New Covenant has do's and don'ts attached to it. This is what confuses us. We have to rightly divide the word of truth. Paul came to see things a little different after a little while when God showed him the Mystery that applies to both Jew's and Gentiles and it includes what I said about God working in you. It is no longer I that do any works but God working in me. I will send you a link to an article in a pm about this if you don't mind? 

My Uncle got sick and came to stay with me till he was able to go it on his own. The preacher and his wife came to see him while he was with me. The preachers wife was bragging on me for taking care of my uncle. I said, "I do not take any credit for anything, it is God doing the works not me". She said, yes, but you have to let him". I said, "I don't have to LET God do anything, I'm not that powerful". She said, "God can't work in you if you don't let him".  :eek:

CHB
:happyclap:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2012, 03:24:46 AM »
parallel perceptions of  paradoxical paradigms providing periodic paroxysms of perturbation
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

goodreport

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2012, 03:56:08 AM »
parallel perceptions of  paradoxical paradigms providing periodic paroxysms of perturbation

CONFLICTING FEELINGS  (John Newton, 1779)

Strange and mysterious is my life.
What opposites I feel within!
A stable peace, a constant strife;
The rule of grace, the power of sin:
Too often I am captive led,
Yet daily triumph in my Head,
Yet daily triumph in my Head.

I prize the privilege of prayer,
But oh! what backwardness to pray!
Though on the Lord I cast my care,
I feel its burden every day;
I seek His will in all I do,
Yet find my own is working too,
Yet find my own is working too.

I call the promises my own,
And prize them more than mines of gold;
Yet though their sweetness I have known,
They leave me unimpressed and cold
One hour upon the truth I feed,
The next I know not what I read,
The next I know not what I read.

I love the holy day of rest,
When Jesus meets His gathered saints;
Sweet day, of all the week the best!
For its return my spirit pants:
Yet often, through my unbelief,
It proves a day of guilt and grief,
It proves a day of guilt and grief.

While on my Savior I rely,
I know my foes shall lose their aim,
And therefore dare their power defy,
Assured of conquest through His name,
But soon my confidence is slain,
And all my fears return again,
And all my fears return again.

Thus different powers within me strive,
And grace and sin by turns prevail;
I grieve, rejoice, decline, revive,
And victory hangs in doubtful scale;
But Jesus has His promise passed,
THAT GRACE SHALL OVERCOME AT LAST,
THAT GRACE SHALL OVERCOME AT LAST.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 04:21:49 AM by goodreport »

Online sheila

• Gold
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2012, 04:12:03 AM »
    John 5;7   sir, the invalid replied,'I have no-one to help me in the pool when the water is disturbed/perturbed

now the earth was formless and empty,darkness was over the surface of the deep,and the spirit

of God was hovering over the waters

Let there be en expanse between the waters,to seperate water from water[paradox]

......here a great number of disabled people used to lie-the blind the lame the paralyzed...........

Do you want to get well?....... Get up! Pick up your mat and walk[paradigm]

twin pools= Bethsaida/parallel

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2012, 04:54:08 AM »
Two very cool posts, Thanx Good Report, Sheila !
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2012, 06:59:40 AM »
getting back to the original subject -
How about
Matthew 12:36
"But I say unto you that every idle word that men shall speak,  they shall give account thereof in the Day of Judgment.
There is judgment then for all. Who among us has never spoken an idle word?

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2012, 02:47:07 PM »
:laugh:

Delightfully delectable display of diction!  :banana:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 08:28:09 PM by lomarah »
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2012, 02:49:55 PM »
    John 5;7   sir, the invalid replied,'I have no-one to help me in the pool when the water is disturbed/perturbed

now the earth was formless and empty,darkness was over the surface of the deep,and the spirit

of God was hovering over the waters

Let there be en expanse between the waters,to seperate water from water[paradox]

......here a great number of disabled people used to lie-the blind the lame the paralyzed...........

Do you want to get well?....... Get up! Pick up your mat and walk[paradigm]

twin pools= Bethsaida/parallel

Wow, very cool. Isn't there a divine paradox thread that you started awhile back Sheila? Will have to search for that later. :)
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2012, 02:18:30 AM »
:laugh:

Delightfully delectable display of diction!  :banana:

:gimmefive: