Discussions Relating to Universal Reconciliation > Bible Verses Used to Assert Not All Will be Saved

Hebrews 9:27 After death comes judgement

(1/5) > >>

WhiteWings:
Hebrews 9: 27 And inasmuch as it is reserved to men once to die, and after this, judgment,
---> The classic verse to prove there is no chance for salvation after death.

Romans 14:11 For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
---> Maybe they make fake confessions to escape hell?
---> That can only be true if the Holy Spirit inspires lies and fake confessions....

1 Corinthians 12:3 Therefore I make known to you, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God says, Jesus is accursed, and no man can say, Jesus is Lord, except by Holy Spirit.
---> That's very clear; all who kneel do so because the Holy Spirit dwells within them. So the kneeling is a genuine confession...
---> Note that this is also the case before death.
---> But maybe it's to late anyway?

Romans 10:9 that if thou will confess with thy mouth, Lord Jesus, and will believe in thy heart that God raised him from the dead, thou will be saved.
---> Short recap: Everyone will make a true confession and at that point they will be saved. Obviously mrs muslim and mr. satanist never confesed in this life. Yet they are part of "everyone".
---> Ergo there is a chance after death. Ergo salvation after death is a Holy Spirit enforced fact for those groups.

---> Finally all the above are unconditional statements. But if there is still doubt....
Isaiah 45: 23 By myself I have sworn, the word has gone forth from my mouth [in] righteousness, and shall not return, that to me every knee shall bow, every tongue will confess to God

jabcat:
Yes, Tony.  Very good.

One little point, that IMO, makes one of the scrips even "stronger".  I've seen a more literal translation say "IN" the Holy Spirit rather than "BY".   :thumbsup:

WhiteWings:
All the above are from the ACV version, because it reads well.
Maybe KJV is even better? Point proven with the classic... (instead of a Universalist Bible)

BTW I see not much difference in "by" and "in" because in both cases HS is pulling the strings.
But if I have to choose I would use BY.
Just because IN can sorta point to an already believing state of the person.
But BY (for me) points to an external force taking over the person. Ruling out every bit of free will choice.

:dontknow:

Molly:
Nice  logical proof there that all will be saved, ww. :thumbsup:

WhiteWings:
James, maybe merge with: http://www.tentmaker.org/forum/bible_verses_used_assert_not_all_will_be_saved/hebrews_927_die_then_judgment_9013.0.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version