Author Topic: Galatians 5:19-21, Not Enter Kingdom of God  (Read 2747 times)

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Galatians 5:19-21, Not Enter Kingdom of God
« on: January 28, 2011, 09:04:56 AM »
Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Paul Hazelwood

Re: Galatians 5:19-21, Not Enter Kingdom of God
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 10:44:49 PM »
Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

This passage is used two ways that I have seen.

The first way is from the misunderstanding of the specific kind of universalism that is being addressed.  Usually it is asserted that universalism teaches that all are saved without anyone having to repent.  Within the vast majority of beliefs concerning Christian universalism that argument is not valid against it.  Since the majority of believers of Christian Universalism believe in some type of repentance being necessary to enter the kingdom.   

The second way is the assertion that it can be observed that people die on this earth in a state of sin that can be attributed to the things mentioned in that verse.   

The problem with the 2nd way is that it is assumed that salvation can only take place before one dies upon the earth,  however we can refute that idea without even trying to promote Christian universalism, we can refute that idea and still be a belliever in the idea that "not all are saved".

Within the theology of "not all are saved there are two camps of belief,  there are those that believe that even someone who has not heard of Jesus Christ is damned and there are those who believe they get a pass by God and do not have to believe in Jesus before they die,  they are saved by default.   That in and of itself promotes the idea that the bible can and most likely does support the idea of salvation after death, even if there are condition by which that happens, nevertheless, it is a scripturally based concept.

The fact remains that this passage has no bearing upon Christian Universalism being true or false mainly because the passage is a simple statement of fact that Christian Universalist agree with and that is indeed the kingdom will not contain that element within it.

Offline fullarmor2

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 04:46:01 AM »
The passage only says that they will not inherit the Kingdom. It doesn't say that they are not saved.  There will probably be many people who will be ruled over by Christ who will still have issues.  Even right now,  not all divine beings in the Celestials are good.  I guess my point is, that perhaps there is suppose to be both good and evil persons, in both the Celestials and on the Earth. I may be wrong.
For all those who live in the shadow of death,  a glorious light has dawned!  And for all those who stumble in the darkness,   behold,   your light has come!!

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 12:43:13 AM »
For me, the kingdom is something we can enter into "now" which we will "be" in after our time here is completed.
But in order to enter it now, we must be "reborn" or "born again".  We've already been born into the flesh, which is corruptable, and the kingdom within us in "incorruptable". 

1 Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever

So for me, Galatians isn't talking about going to heaven . . or that if you're showing these types of fruits it means your going to hell.  For me, what it's saying is people who bear these kinds of fruits are those that are not yet born again.  It's not about my final destination.  It's about reproducing his nature from the realm of the spirit into those around me in this realm of the flesh.  Just as we did nothing to earn our status as sinners, we were "born" into the realm of sin.  So it is the same wiht entering into the kingdom of heaven.  You can't come through knowledge, studying, disciplinary action of any kind . . it's not by what you do, but by what you're born into. 

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God

Once we're born again, we become what we behold . . .what we can "see" is what transforms who we think we are.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 01:24:11 PM »
God is  to vague term (for me because of trinity views)
Is the verse about Father or Son?
I think it's about the Son because teh Son gets a kingdom but Father doesn't.
So the verse only speaks about being excluded from the 1000 year kingdom. Not about being excluded from "eternity".

I know there are different views on what the 1000 years are; but it think that's totally irrelevant and only sidetracks the topic of this thread.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Ross

• Est
  • Gal2;20
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 02:20:45 PM »
HI;
Paul seems to be stating that the flesh will not inherit the kingdom.
He then lists the works of the flesh prior to that in vs 17
  "  For the flesh covets against the Spirit, but the Spirit against the flesh, for these are opposed to one another  "

This is after he had been elaborating about the difference between Ishmael and Isaac;
one representing the flesh, the other the spirit.

Gal 4;22,23  "  For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the bondmaid, and one by the free woman; but he that was of the bondmaid had been born after the flesh, whereas he that was of the freewoman through means of a promise."

vs 31  " Wherefore brethren, we are not the children of a serving woman, but of the free; with her freedom Christ has made you free."

He then does that differentiating between the flesh and the Spirit and backs that up with the works that these two phases of being show.

Gal 5;24 " And they who are of Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with it's susceptibilites and covetings."

We are a new creation in the resurrection- the old has passed away..
Fellow brother in Christ