Author Topic: Wouldn't "Good News" have been God forgiving the first couple their 1st mistake?  (Read 5646 times)

Offline shawn

• Bronze
You ask the same questions that have already been answered.  What are we being saved from?  It was listed in my response to you.  Sometimes before we post, it's important that we thoroughly read responses given to us.

Offline shawn

• Bronze
Great post J.  My background is science,and I always encourage a debate between faith and science.  Sounds like a good thread for LD to start.  :)

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE

"There is a great difference between nominal Christianity and real Christianity, and this is generally seen in the failure of the one and the continuance of the other." Charles Spurgeon

:bottlebump: :ty:

I thank you all for demonstrating what I had only read as other peoples opinions of "The Tent" and it's membership. I quite simply did not quite believe it and so I had to join and read it for myself. I found it's all true. It's extraordinary that a people who cling to the notion of "universal repentance" , gleaned from dissecting the KJV they decimate with criticisms while arguing their philosophy is derived from interpreting to their liking what otherwise is condemned in it's traditional scripture.
Elective salvation.
The only problem is, what are you being saved from?
Agape love some here claim is what God is. And yet they believe in Jesus. And they believe Jesus doesn't save them from Hell, but rather saves them from themselves. Whom Agape love God created to be exactly as is.

It's a conundrum that is untenable in the realm of rational criticism and basic logic.
And yet for many here, it's livable.

What is fascinating however, and what gives the greatest testimony of a philosophy like that is what the person who cleaves to it becomes in the process.

To believe in 'universal repentence' while collectively treating any one member of choice like garbage because they dare not to 'baahhhhh' like others in the herd, says it all.

You believe you are saved from God. Period! No matter how you cut it you believe what you are by birth needed to be redeemed in faith it can get better because what you are by nature needs to be saved ! But what you are, when you believe in God, is exactly what God created you to be.

There is nothing so tragic as to witness a rational intellect compromise itself willingly by cleaving to a slave mentality that is faith in a God created in one's own image and likeness.
The Universalism this site professes to be credible by scripture is demonstrated by it's membership to be a rewriting of the scripture to something they can choose to live with because they still can't handle simply being human. 
And lack of belief in hell isn't evolution out of monotheistic ET.  Of course hell is a myth. But so too is God.
What you accept as true in the faith it's worth living as if your soul depends on it after you die is reflected in how you treat other people while wearing the label, "Universalist Christian".
It's the new elitist exclusivist cult ideal. How you treat people here that aren't part of your clique' shows every visitor watching, and those new members, exactly what your faith has done for and to you.

I thank you all for proving what one finds in a search of the keywords; "Tent Maker" provides.

Matthew 25:40.

I doubt you'll read that verbatim. It'll probably be interpreted according to your "universalist" needs. Because you certainly don't live it verbatim by example here.  :dbook:

"Universalism as an ideal is as old as nay, is probably much more ancient than the Christian ideal."
Arthur Keith

"Nowhere is Universalism welcomed and encouraged by a people; everywhere governments have forced and are forcing Universalism upon unwilling and resistant subjects. "
Arthur Keith

"Civilization, we shall find, like Universalism and Christianity, is anti evolutionary in its effects; it works against the laws and conditions which regulated the earlier stages of man's ascent. "
Arthur Keith

This user has been banned.  She is seen as sowing dissension (including a very unnecessary and attacking PM to a member) and not likely to do anything adequately different at this time.  If there was high hope of productive dialogue it might be different, but this is a judgment call based on what's already been done, and "gut feeling" about intent and likely direction.  It appears she came here expecting to have trouble, and so caused it herself.   :2c:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 04:23:30 PM by jabcat »

Offline lomarah

• Silver
 :2thumbs:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Thanks for the support Lo.

For the membership who has come under attack, and for any passing through;

we're not involved in a popularity contest.  We're attempting to be true to the Savior's call.  And while that indeed does include love, being long-suffering, turning the other cheek (personally), it excludes an "anything goes" mentality or an endorsement of "trampling the cross and not following Him".  That may indeed offend some, but efforts are made to engage and be kind to one another before such actions as banning occur.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:08:11 AM by jabcat »

Offline thinktank

• Silver
Thanks for the support Lo.

For the membership who has come under attack, and for any passing through;

we're not running a popularity contest.  We're attempting to be true to the Savior's call.  And while that indeed does include love, being long-suffering, turning the other cheek (personally), it excludes an "anything goes" mentality or an endorsement of "trampling the cross and not following Him".  That may indeed offend some, but efforts are made to engage and be kind to one another before such actions as banning occur.

Yeah, that's one reason why willieH was banned j.

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
Having read this:

"I find it to be a great opportunity God has given to enter a forum wherein "universal repentance" is espoused as a philosophy seemingly gleaned from scripture derived from the KJV that is condemned on that same site. Because in the process of encountering those believers in that and their treatment of those they judge for not seeing things their way, we witness what selective interpretation manifests in people who example elective decency in the name of an agape love they do not understand because elitism is what they love most."

from LordsDaughter, I think I can understand the ban.
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline englishman

• Reg
Personally I dont think we should have banned her, I think there is an answer that cold be offered and even if she did make us look ridiculous that is not a reason to ban, it shows we are falling into weakness.

The first arguement I find that, god who is soveriegn and to be trusted, If he forgave Eve and then Adam when he had said they would positively die, would be breaking his word of trust, the whole idea of rebellion had to be dealt with and God wanted and still does want willing love and so do all of us who have a pure heart, so he has to clean the universe before it get bigger and the effect becomes more castrophic, I dont believe anyone can play down the purpose of God, even The Daughter of the Lord ( devil) we have the spirit to blow away every adversary, god has allowed the greatest adversary to play out his gameplan for 6000 years, so why should we fear a supposedly young girl I doubt If.

I am new to these boards but I believe God will give us the spirit where they will have to leave and not us. Jesus spoke and all of his enermies departed, we need to have this spirit and not be driven into a corner. I have never let any one without God drive me into a corner; brothers I know she thought she was outsmarting us and by not making her run it will convince the weak and her she has a victory.

I believe we strenghten the weak by overcoming evil, in the light of truth and I see this course as a failure on the moderators. Love your enermies. :Peace2:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Hi englishman.  Though I appreciate your overall sentiment re: the poster, mod decisions are not open for public dispute/criticism per forum guidelines.  There are often things that go on that members don't see, things that are egregious that are pruned from the boards, things attempted to be dealt with behind the scenes by PM, etc.  Or, if forum guidelines have clearly been broken, it's the moderators' responsibility to deal with such.  There's a mod board that takes such matters seriously, so rest assured decisions are not made cavalierly.

http://tentmaker.org/forum/rules-and-faq/what-you-may-not-do/

Thanks, blessings.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 06:10:02 AM by jabcat »

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
The site is not really geared for defeating adversaries so much as fellowship and sharing around the message of the salvation of all through the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ - as established through the scriptures properly translated.

If we wanted to we could set up an overt debate section where people could slug it out, but that was never the purpose of the owner of the site, nor is it, as far as I know my fellow moderators hearts- desired by us as moderators.

There are other places where a more hardline, conflict of position and interpretation approach is taken, ad they have their function. The function of Tentmaker, as stated in the forum guidelines, is to be a tightly moderated discussion forum based in a scriptural presentation of UR, and as I see it that is mostly done with a pretty fair amount of leeway- usually stopping short only for 1)direct challenging of the scriptures as inspired and 2)Unkind, or overly hostile, or deliberately contentious and condescending attitudes.

It is not our desire to exclude ANYONE, but in order to fulfill our purpose it is necessary to establish certain parameters and guidelines and stick to them.

We don't do that perfectly- but we do take it seriously, discuss situations as they come up before taking action, and try to get a consensus before we do whatever we decide to do, as Jab was saying :o).
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline englishman

• Reg
To the moderators, The conversation was not going down the UR route, the Lords daughter has she names herself was constantly on the attack, and throwing up all ideas that we have not unstood agape love, but we never had the chance to expose exactly what she believed, she moved from ubject to subject only to demonise everthing Tentmakers stand for. I was hoping that someone would have challenged what she really believed instead of allowing her to keep throwing up abstract ideas.

Its a difficult one and was going nowhere, I have learned nothing from any of her arguments it looks like she has got no clear understanding of the bible, she was playing the devils advocate offered no plan of salvation or understanding that we were born with a sinful nature. I do understand why you have banned her on this post. I believe we should asked her the golden question what do you believe and are you against all christian denominations and I think she would have found she has not foundation at all, not to humiliate her but to make her look at her own emptyness and void belief  :Peace2: 
Colossians 2:8
Be careful that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deceit based on human tradition, based on the elemental forces of the world, and not based on Christ.
Ephesians 5:6
Let no one deceive you with empty arguments, for God's wrath is coming on the disobedient because of these things