Author Topic: Sodom and Goomorrah's day of judgement  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Sarah

Sodom and Goomorrah's day of judgement
« on: October 20, 2008, 02:44:18 AM »
In Mathew 10:15 and again in Chapter 11:21 Jesus warns towns that if they do not accept His diciples that their future judgement will be more harsh than when He judges Sodom and Gomorrah and Tyre and Sidon. I am a little confused in that it seems that the towns of Sodom and Gomorrah and such were already judged. But the context makes it sound as if at a later date He will resurrect a whole town and judge it. What am I missing here?

Transponder

Re: Sodom and Goomorrah's day of judgement
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 04:24:26 PM »
Ask yourself why Capernaum (where Jesus had a pretty good reception), Bethsaida and Chorazin are singled out for a stiff warning, but Nazareth (where his own neighbours tried to kill him) is not.   

Offline Nathan

• Gold
Re: Sodom and Goomorrah's day of judgement
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 05:16:50 PM »
In Mathew 10:15 and again in Chapter 11:21 Jesus warns towns that if they do not accept His diciples that their future judgement will be more harsh than when He judges Sodom and Gomorrah and Tyre and Sidon. I am a little confused in that it seems that the towns of Sodom and Gomorrah and such were already judged. But the context makes it sound as if at a later date He will resurrect a whole town and judge it. What am I missing here?

Israel was cleansed of Sodom, Sodom wasn't judged so much then as a disease was removed from Israel . . .Sodom will be judged by their uncleanliness and then the uncleanliness will be/is removed.  That which they saw happen physically with Sodom is going to also happen to them spiritually.  It's more difficult/painful to deal with spiritual matters than natural ones???