Author Topic: shall never enter my rest  (Read 1618 times)

valueallhumanlife2008

shall never enter my rest
« on: October 14, 2008, 10:40:53 PM »
I need some help with this one.

"So I declared on oath in my anger, They shall never enter my rest." Hebrews 3:11

How is this scripture reconciled with universal salvation?  Thanks

Chris

valueallhumanlife2008

Re: shall never enter my rest
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 10:43:28 PM »
Okay I think I'm on to something with this verse but I'll let you guys tackle it first  :bigGrin:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 11:08:01 PM »
Hi :icon_flower: and welcome 2008

Briefly

Those who enter HIS REST( HIM) are those of Belief, which can only be entered BY Faith, the removing of the veil

We leave the Flesh , the enmity of the carnal Mind..

Gods Wrath is ON the Children of Disobedience\enmity \adversity\flesh of which we all Once were...moving from a Child Under LAW to a SON of Faith.

Times short for now but others will add more along with scriptural references for you.

Good to have you here :icon_flower:
T
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Wint O Green

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 06:59:07 AM »
Hey Sweets!  :girlheart: Hi Taffy  :icon_flower: In my study bible, rest refers to the believers eternal home and the joy that he or she will experience in Jesus presence. I really like how Taffy explained there, she pretty much explained Hebrews 3:11. It also explained that the author of Hebrews warned the Jewish Christians about hardening their hearts to God and the Salvation He offers, this is found in Ps 95:7-11. In Moses' generation they had refused to trust in God for their needs while they were in the wilderness, found in Ex 17:1-7. Im glad your here Sweets! Much Love!  God bless you! :HeartThrob: :girlheart: