Author Topic: SERPENT Means " To learn from experience"?  (Read 18784 times)

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
Re: SERPENT Means " To learn from experience"?
« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2011, 05:30:02 AM »

Hubris, Avarice and the Pride of Life.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2011, 05:50:08 AM »
could we please discuss this with the idea of actually helping each other

Blessings.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 06:48:07 AM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2011, 06:29:08 AM »
Back to the original topic--

From Taffy's link

Adam, Eve, and Discernment [the carnal mind]

I'm not sure I can make that work.

Is the carnal mind more subtil than any beast of the field the LORD God has made?

I'm not sure I can think of the carnal mind as 'subtil.' 

Is the carnal mind a liar and the father of lies?

One good thing about our senses is that they often give us good information about the physical world--they do not lie about pain, danger, pleasure, etc--on a very local level.

So if I touch a hot stove, I can be sure my senses will tell me the truth-- that it's hot.

The carnal mind used in the right way is a helper to us living in this world.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 06:33:19 AM by Molly »

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2011, 06:29:48 AM »
It's so difficult.  Generally, with a few exceptions (trashing the scriptures/heavy textual criticism, ongoing contentious free will/all sov and Trinity debates) we really try to not moderate or edit people's beliefs, thoughts, questions...people can believe how they see things, or not believe at all.  If we chased away everyone that didn't agree with us, at some point, what would we be accomplishing?  Seems to me this is a very good place for ET'ers or atheists to come...aren't we supposed to interact with them, love them, share the gospel with them?    Same thing with varying beliefs.  I'll "bet" there's not any 2 people on these boards that see everything absolutely 100% the same.  And IMO, that's OK - IF, WE TREAT EACH OTHER WITH RESPECT, DON'T TAKE OBVIOUS OR VEILED SHOTS AT EACH OTHER (which is baiting, flaming, calling out others beliefs as stupid, ridiculous, etc [outlined in the FAQ section] which are all warnable/bannable offenses).

Some absolutely won't abide by the forum guidelines, or respond to ongoing attempts to help them be able to do so, so unfortunately, in a community like this some will be banned.  That doesn't mean they're not loved, concerned about, prayed for...but if someone just continues to stir up dissension, cause strife, criticize others, embarrass others - all things against the clearly stated Forum Guidelines, then at some point the limit is reached and they may be banned.

So, there's still room for MANY varying opinions, understanding, interpretations, beliefs...there are just ways those all need to be presented.  And the main thing I believe we often get away from is, POST 'AS I UNDERSTAND', 'IN MY OPINION'!!!   Then things can be discussed, considered, and then either learned from or respectfully dismissed.  No one choking the other into submission OVER PERSONAL UNDERSTANDINGS of things that are otherwise not outside the forum guidelines. 
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #179 on: November 06, 2011, 06:30:14 AM »

Vapor of vapors!

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2011, 06:32:24 AM »
Back to the original topic--

From Taffy's link

Adam, Eve, and Discernment [the carnal mind]

I'm not sure I can make that work.

Is the carnal mind more subtil than any beast of the field the LORD God has made?

I'm not sure I can think of the carnal mind as 'subtil.' 

Is the carnal mind a liar and the father of lies?

One gopd thing about our senses is that they often give us good information about the physical world--they do not lie about pain, danger, pleasure, etc--on a very local level.

So if I touch a hot stove, I can be sure my senses will tell me the truth-- that it's hot.

The carnal mind used in the right way is a helper to us living in this world.
Isee a Difference of learning  from them then By living by them~inc out emotions Molly~
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2011, 06:41:58 AM »

I rarely read my pm's.

They once went to my e-mail but no longer do. (?)

I do think though that we should get rid of people that disagree with us after a given amount of time to conform.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2011, 06:46:09 AM »

"...move it off the boards."

:laughing7:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2011, 06:48:18 AM »
This verse compares the serpent [the nachash] to a babbling fool.

If serpent and [carnal mind of] man were one and the same, how could you compare them?

You compare two different things, not one thing to itself.

Ecc 10:11  SurelyH518 the serpentH5175 will biteH5391 withoutH3808 enchantment;H3908 and a babblerH1167 H3956 is noH369 better.H3504
Ecc 10:12  The wordsH1697 of a wise man'sH2450 mouthH6310 are gracious;H2580 but the lipsH8193 of a foolH3684 will swallow upH1104 himself.

without the numbers:

11Surely the serpent will bite without enchantment; and a babbler is no better.

12The words of a wise man's mouth are gracious; but the lips of a fool will swallow up himself.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 06:51:43 AM by Molly »

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2011, 06:51:31 AM »
lol,
babbling fool!

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2011, 06:52:06 AM »
lol.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2011, 06:52:53 AM »
What else would the Spirit call it!

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2011, 06:56:10 AM »
What else would the Spirit call it!
Call what?

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #188 on: November 06, 2011, 06:57:13 AM »
i think he's talking about a 'babbler' from your quoted scrip

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #189 on: November 06, 2011, 06:59:50 AM »

...you left out the "fool!"

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #190 on: November 06, 2011, 07:03:29 AM »
i thought you just added that, but now i see it's in the last line   :mblush:    :punish:

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #191 on: November 06, 2011, 07:04:57 AM »

Nope.
The fool has always been there.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #192 on: November 06, 2011, 07:09:24 AM »
This verse compares the serpent [the nachash] to a babbling fool.

If serpent and [carnal mind of] man were one and the same, how could you compare them?

You compare two different things, not one thing to itself.

Ecc 10:11  SurelyH518 the serpentH5175 will biteH5391 withoutH3808 enchantment;H3908 and a babblerH1167 H3956 is noH369 better.H3504
Ecc 10:12  The wordsH1697 of a wise man'sH2450 mouthH6310 are gracious;H2580 but the lipsH8193 of a foolH3684 will swallow upH1104 himself.

without the numbers:

12The words of a wise man's mouth are gracious; but the lips of a fool will swallow up himself.

The fool, jabcat, is also in the first line — not only the last!

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #193 on: November 06, 2011, 07:15:42 AM »
i thought you just added that, but now i see it's in the last line   :mblush:    :punish:

You're right.

I put the two words together.  I shouldn't have done that.

Here he compares the serpent and the babbler--both bite.

In the next verse, he compares a wise man and a fool.

But--my point--if you are doing a comparison, the serpent is not the babbler [and the wise man is not a fool,]

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

• Gold
« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2011, 08:12:11 AM »

Blame my sin on "satan" instead of ME!

Bingo! :bigGrin: :icon_flower: :thumbsup:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

• Gold
« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2011, 08:32:06 AM »
In my opinion, the way I see it is that the serpent is only the carnal within the carnal mind.

Isnt the carnal mind how we think before the Lord renews us?
And then the mind of Christ overcomes the carnal mind when we are caused to yield to His Voice?
The carnal mind is mans mind, his brain, his intellect, how he thinks. His 5 senses arouse the mind(carnal) and then man follows in suit as or should it "feel" good or how he is moved to desire the pleasure. This carnal mind is not the adversary or satan but that "spirit" the adversary fondles, like foreplay the senses and when those senses are aroused man/adam will do the most hideous and morbid things. IMO

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2011, 05:35:43 PM »
Brothers,sisters...

an aside......name denotes property,character or action...Adam observed animals before naming them...and after ascertaining their 'character' named them

it has to do with holding dominion[reason no one knows new name but you]  ex; duck means to immerse due to it's immerseing itself in water.

serpent=subtil..it is  this very subtility and low key 'whispering' enchanter that leads into deception. Beleiving a lie changes your whole reality...the majic

spell

• Gold
« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2011, 06:21:05 PM »
"....Adam observed animals before naming them.." Shelia

Now I can say you maybe correct, I will also say I may agree with you. It sounds logical, makes sense and common sense, but...here it comes, but that is an assumption right?   We dont know that adam/man observed...before he named them.

He could have just named them when " which he brought in unto the man, that he might see what he should call it,—and, whatsoever the man should call it—any living soul, that, should be the name thereof." Rrotherham Gen.2:19

I'm only saying this because I consider this is how most of us begin to bring forth what we think we know. Again I may agree with you about adam.        I assume that in Gen 1:3  And God said, that it is like "we" speak.
SAID- H559 - 'âmar A primitive root; to say (used with great latitude):
Just considering. :icon_flower:

Example Thinktank Reply #77 on: November 04, 2011, 01:59:35 PM »
I hear a guy say this the other day, not heard this before but interesting idea, which is that Adam failed to subdue the Animals, the serpent was one of those animals, which allowed the serpent to seduce Eve.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 06:30:16 PM by micah7:9 »

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2011, 07:01:29 PM »

i can understand that,Micah

but i did a very involved study years ago on it. and while i cant' tell you where i read it all,it pertains to ancient customs,God renaming someone

when they had a change of nature.saul/Paul...Abraham/Abram.Sarai/Sarah  You have the liberty to accept/reserve or have a contrary opinion.

also it has to do with language..and when we go back to root meanings of words..we are often surprised

ex;  Beloved naming his dog..he observed him,noted certain characteristics and similiarities,named him the proper name and has dominion through that name

Seth comes to the call