Author Topic: SERPENT Means " To learn from experience"?  (Read 24922 times)

Offline Taffy

• Gold
Re: SERPENT Means " To learn from experience"?
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2011, 01:40:23 AM »
hey, maybe it's a thing that causes an action :grin:
heres a question~ WE KNOW THE lord causes the Lying spirit within Men# He also becomes the Nature of the satan Himself being mans adversary~So wheres Satan in all this~ then of course we Have the old Serpent called the devil  taking His part in the The Flame along with the False prophet~~~~? if [ which HE DOES]the Lord control ALL spirits  Lying[ opposing]and beComes mans adversary~ can some Please tell me why He needs another entity to do it~?

Taffy, there is good and bad in everything. There is a good God and a bad satan, Serpent, Devil, which ever you may call him. My personal opinion on it all is as the original post says, "to learn from experience" we are learning good and bad from experience. Since God is not evil or bad he created the bad spirit for us to learn firsthand what bad was. How would we know what good was if there was no bad in the world?

CHB
As Card often Mentions we are walking this out in shoe leather~~ as it was finshed before  it Began~ Meaning it was completed in the Invisible walked out in the Visible ~ Job ws PERFECT, before his  Ordeal began~

~ Im not saying God is evil etc~~~ I was Putting the question Out there Charlotte for the Input of Others~Shalom :icon_flower:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 01:53:36 AM by Taffy »
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2011, 01:01:44 AM »

The word is listed as a verb.

Yes, the word you gave is listed as a verb but you have the wrong word.

The word in Gen 3:1 is a noun, H5175, not H5172 [which is its root]

Gen 3:1  Now the serpentH5175 wasH1961 more subtilH6175 than anyH4480 H3605 beastH2416 of the fieldH7704 whichH834 the LORDH3068 GodH430 had made.H6213

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2011, 01:22:32 AM »
The root meaning doesnt negate the Noun Molly~
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2011, 01:24:46 AM »

I didn't say it did, whatever that means.

I said the actual word in Genesis 3:1 is a noun H5175.

If you look at Beloved Servant's link, you will see he gave the link for H5172, which is a different word.

I seem to be having trouble communicating this for some reason.

THE WORD SERPENT IN GEN 3:1 IS A NOUN, H5175. 

The SERPENT is a Person, Place, or Thing.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 01:29:16 AM by Molly »

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2011, 01:29:28 AM »

If you look at Beloved Servant's link, you will see he gave the link for H5172, which is a different word.

Moly~ Even SERPENT IN gEN 3:1 HAS THE SAME ROOT~

The simples are the ROOT meaning of the SERPENT [Noun]is a VERB~~thats It!

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2011, 01:35:50 AM »

Moly~ Even SERPENT IN gEN 3:1 HAS THE SAME ROOT~

The simples are the ROOT meaning of the SERPENT [Noun]is a VERB~~thats It!
What?  I don't know what you are talking about.

Yes, Beloved Serpent gave the root for the word serpent which is a noun.

The serpent is a person who is a divinator, a cunning trickster, a magician, but the word given for serpent H5175 in Gen 3:1 is a NOUN.

The serpent is a person.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2011, 01:43:04 AM »
  the word H5175.#Noun~Serpent

then Hit the root word  From נָחַשׁ (H5172)
~ to learn by experience, dilengly observe bieng a Verb~~~its constant~

how are you so confused~

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2011, 01:45:00 AM »

how are you so confused~

I'm not confused, are you? rofl

I'm saying the word in Gen 3:1 is a NOUN, not a verb.

The serpent is a person, not an action.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2011, 01:47:57 AM »

how are you so confused~

The word Serpent always Presents itself as Noun~ where you got PERSON from .  even so, the Root remains contant everytime~~ Molly I dOnt mean to be rude But this is Kids stuff~ whats your problem?

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2011, 01:51:16 AM »

how are you so confused~

The word Serpent always Presents itself as Noun~ where you got PERSON from .  even so, the Root remains contant everytime~~ Molly I dOnt mean to be rude But this is Kids stuff~ whats your problem?

Where I got PERSON from is that the serpent in Gen 3:1 is a noun and a noun by definition is a person, place, or thing.

Beloved Servant said the serpent is a verb.  It's not a verb.  It's a noun.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2011, 01:53:38 AM »

how are you so confused~

Where I got PERSON from is that the serpent in Gen 3:1 is a noun and a noun by definition is a person, place, or thing.
BUT AT LEAST nOW YOU CAN ACCEPT THE oBVIOUS~~ ~ Thing~~ nows Interesting. :winkgrin:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2011, 01:55:48 AM »

how are you so confused~

BUT AT LEAST nOW YOU CAN ACCEPT THE oBVIOUS~~ ~ Thing~~ nows Interesting. :winkgrin:
Accept the obvious?  There you go again--condescending.

The word in Gen 3:1 for serpent is a NOUN not a verb.

I hope that's finally obvious.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2011, 02:03:54 AM »

how are you so confused~

Accept the obvious?  There you go again--condescending.

The word in Gen 3:1 for serpent is a NOUN not a verb.

I hope that's finally obvious.
Moly condecending PLEASE look back over your last  Postings~~ as Sheila said earlier these posts are For you~~~
not unlike the other Night Personally I dont take offence Molly But ones does Tire of it~~~ how many points did you Give Beloved for staying on topic 10 wasnt It## thatss Very Nice of you~~ Godd night Molly~~no more of this~

LOOK.  I said that the word for serpent in Gen 3:1 was a NOUN about ten posts ago.  Then I had to go down this rabbit hole with you doing and saying who knows what--none of it made any sense.

I also made the comment about 10 points in a playful way, because there was talk about staying on topic.  But, God forbid I try to be playful or erudite or anything else when you are in one of your moods

So now you dismiss me.  Say goodnight, Molly.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2011, 02:49:31 AM »

...and all this time I was under the impression that they are the same word!

There's a difference?

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2011, 02:54:17 AM »
I said that the word for serpent in Gen 3:1 was a NOUN about ten posts ago.
YES, Indeed you did~ Is theres any post Ihave disagreed the word Being the Noun~~~ No Molly I havent~

Then I had to go down this rabbit hole with you doing and saying who knows what--none of it made any sense.

who TWISTED  your Arm Molly~whos bLAME  is it this Time # the serpent, or Eves~No One MADE you do ANYTHING mOLLY# YOU CHOOSE~~IS their any responsiblity for our own actions~ :dontknow:

I also made the comment about 10 points in a playful way, because there was talk about staying on topic.

you now Molly No one Knows the Heart Right~ SO you say I said This In a Playful, Iwas  but then Judge ME that I I was condescending In My Comment~~ Hows strange we Judge the Heart of others and expect others to KNOW OURS~

But, God forbid I try to be playful or erudite or anything else when you are in one of your moods

and God forbid when one makes a Comment and WINKS~Mood ~No Molly No MoOd this END~ :icon_flower:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2011, 02:56:31 AM »

There's a difference?
No ~ one is a  Noun the Other a Verb~ a Namiing word Being a Doing WORD #  SIMILAR TO LOVE##
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 03:04:32 AM by Taffy »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2011, 02:59:16 AM »

There's a difference?

Yes.

One is the root of the other.  You posted H5172 which is a verb.  The word for serpent in Gen 3:1 is H5175 which is a noun.  The difference is in the jots and titles.

That's why the translator says "the serpent."

Gen 3:1  Now the serpentH5175 wasH1961 more subtilH6175 than anyH4480 H3605 beastH2416 of the fieldH7704 whichH834 the LORDH3068 GodH430 had made.H6213

H5172  nâchash

H5175 nâchâsh   See the extra mark over the second a ?

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2011, 03:08:51 AM »
Quote from: Taffy
you now Molly No one Knows the Heart Right~ SO you say I said This In a Playful, Iwas but then Judge ME that I I was condescending In My Comment~~ Hows strange we Judge the Heart of others and expect others to KNOW OURS~

If Beloved Servant had taken umbrage at what I said, I would have apologized to him and said I was just being playful.

This, from you,  was playful?

"Molly I dOnt mean to be rude But this is Kids stuff~ whats your problem?"

"how are you so confused~"

"BUT AT LEAST nOW YOU CAN ACCEPT THE oBVIOUS~~ "

"not unlike the other Night Personally I dont take offence Molly But ones does Tire of it~~~"

"how many points did you Give Beloved for staying on topic 10 wasn't It## thatss Very Nice of you~"

"Godd night Molly~~no more of this~"

I'm only trying to make one point in all these posts from hell.  The word for serpent in Gen 3:1 is a NOUN.  That's all I'm trying to say.  Agree or disagree, I don't care any more.

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2011, 03:14:30 AM »

Taffy, there is good and bad in everything. There is a good God and a bad satan, Serpent, Devil, which ever you may call him. My personal opinion on it all is as the original post says, "to learn from experience" we are learning good and bad from experience. Since God is not evil or bad he created the bad spirit for us to learn firsthand what bad was. How would we know what good was if there was no bad in the world?

CHB

This is something I've been thinking alot about lately.  I was going to write a post on it, but now I can't even remember what I was thinking about :dontknow:  I'm sure it will come back though. :winkgrin:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2011, 03:17:17 AM »
you now Molly No one Knows the Heart Right~ SO you say I said This In a Playful, Iwas but then Judge ME that I I was condescending In My Comment~~ Hows strange we Judge the Heart of others and expect others to KNOW OURS~

If Beloved Servant had taken umbrage at what I said, I would have apologized to him and said I was just being playful.

"not unlike the other Night Personally I dont take offence Molly But ones does Tire of it~~~"

"how many points did you Give Beloved for staying on topic 10 wasn't It## thatss Very Nice of you~"

I'm only trying to make one point in all these posts from hell.  The word for serpent in Gen 3:1 is a NOUN.  That's all I'm trying to say.  Agree or disagree, I don't care any more.
and the other Points to the previous Post are?
Trying to communicate that one fact to you.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2011, 03:21:50 AM »

no Molly the hard bit was trying to Convey the Noun and the Verb## Beloved was RIGHT in The word He defined being the VERB and you were Right In It being the NOUN### Right?

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2011, 04:23:02 AM »

no Molly the hard bit was trying to Convey the Noun and the Verb## Beloved was RIGHT in The word He defined being the VERB and you were Right In It being the NOUN### Right?

No.  The word in Gen 3:1 is the noun, not the verb.

The english word for the noun H5175 is a snake [from its hiss],  serpent.

The english word for the verb H5172 is

to hiss, that is, whisper a magic spell, to prognosticate, to divine, to use enchantment,
to learn by experience, to diligently observe.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #147 on: November 06, 2011, 04:27:28 AM »

lol,
The Cloven Tongue still at work TODAY!
HSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2011, 04:28:37 AM »
yes and Ive been saying this all the Time~ now look at the word serpent presented in the OT and youll always se it rendered a noun H5175  and ALWAYS as the ROOT presented as a VERB~RIGHT?

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #149 on: November 06, 2011, 04:31:01 AM »
As the Lord's is a still, small voice.