Author Topic: SERPENT Means " To learn from experience"?  (Read 18919 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
Re: SERPENT Means " To learn from experience"?
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2011, 06:38:14 AM »

serpent, lol,
forked tongue!

:sigh:................................................................................ :laughing7:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2011, 06:39:33 AM »

I know micah, I know.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2011, 09:59:35 PM »
I hear a guy say this the other day, not heard this before but interesting idea, which is that Adam failed to subdue the Animals, the serpent was one of those animals, which allowed the serpent to seduce Eve.

• Gold
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2011, 11:10:14 PM »
I hear a guy say this the other day, not heard this before but interesting idea, which is that Adam failed to subdue the Animals, the serpent was one of those animals, which allowed the serpent to seduce Eve.

I was about to say "duh," but.....that is an interesting point; this "dominion or charge" was given in chp. 1 which in my reasoning has not yet been completed. Thanks
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 01:16:48 AM by micah7:9 »
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2011, 12:19:05 AM »

The serpent was the only one who could speak.
All the others were dumb animals.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2011, 12:44:28 AM »
That is a really interesting observation, Beloved Servant.

It's so obvious but I never thought about it before lol.

• Gold
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2011, 01:31:58 AM »

Yes it is Molly, and it is so obvious we had not seen it! Beloved posted, "The serpent was the only one who could speak."

I ask this question pertaining to that, I may show my lack of intelligence, Gen 1:3  And God said—Light, be, And light was.
Is this "said" what we understand t be our way of speaking?  The same word is used in Gen. 3:1 what Im considering is was this an actual dialogue as we understand it?

But it is and interesting study. HELP :bigGrin:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2011, 05:51:25 AM »

Yes it is Molly, and it is so obvious we had not seen it! Beloved posted, "The serpent was the only one who could speak."

I ask this question pertaining to that, I may show my lack of intelligence, Gen 1:3  And God said—Light, be, And light was.
Is this "said" what we understand t be our way of speaking?  The same word is used in Gen. 3:1 what Im considering is was this an actual dialogue as we understand it?

But it is and interesting study. HELP :bigGrin:

I think it shows how very powerful words are.  And, that powerful beings have the ability to speak, and to speak things into existence.  Adam was a powerful being since he had language, as was Satan, and the sons of God in Job,  and of course God himself who spoke the world into existence.

(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. [Rom 4:17]

"calleth"
G2564
καλέω
kaleō
kal-eh'-o
Akin to the base of G2753; to "call" (properly aloud, but used in a variety of applications, directly or otherwise): - bid, call (forth), (whose, whose sur-) name (was [called]).

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2011, 03:59:54 PM »

Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean. 
 :HeartThrob:

Genesis 7:16;

A male and female of each kind entered, just as God had commanded Noah. Then the LORD closed the door behind them.

:cloud9: AMEN, the "rib" is to return, and He will close up his side (door). The veil (door) was rent, so that "she" could return. The foundation of the church/ecclesia is built upon the apostles and prophets (two). First it happens within (each individual), then without (and the two became one flesh), the invisible taking on visibility. Blessings....

"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2011, 04:05:12 PM »
Come in the flesh, he thus is able to sanctify this tabernacle that we are currently living in.

I'm on the edge of my seat!
Knowing this — it must have been torture for the first apostles — aware that they were born out of season.

:cloud9: Amen; I've often had this thought. I believe this is what Paul was relating to when he asked to be freed from the thorn in his flesh (carnal mind). He was out of season, in the age of grace GIVEN, but NOT YET PERFECTED (the 7th day). When that which is PERFECT IS COME.......Blessings.... :HeartThrob:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2011, 04:14:16 PM »
 :cloud9: @ Taffy......and "demon" means, "a knowing one". Fallen angels.....hmmm...... :winkgrin:

• Gold
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2011, 04:28:26 PM »
Adios  :sigh:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2011, 04:30:42 PM »
:cloud9: @ Taffy......and "demon" means, "a knowing one". Fallen angels.....hmmm...... :winkgrin:

"The word demon comes from the ancient root "da", meaning the knowing ones. From the beginning, the demons knew who Jesus was and they knew something about His mission here on earth."

Luke 4:33-35. "In the synagogue there was a man possessed by a demon, an evil spirit. He cried out at the top of his voice, 'Ha! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are -- the Holy One of God!'

'Be quiet!' Jesus said sternly. 'Come out of him!' Then the demon threw the man down before them all and came out without injuring him.

Where oh where is Cardinal and when will she come back to us? :sigh:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2011, 04:31:05 PM »
Babylon , the habitation of Demons has Fallen, No more mixing causing confusion being the slain Cain  :icon_flower:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2011, 04:32:57 PM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2011, 04:40:28 PM »

"The word demon comes from the ancient root "da", meaning the knowing ones. From the beginning, the demons knew who Jesus was and they knew something about His mission here on earth."

Luke 4:33-35. "In the synagogue there was a man possessed by a demon, an evil spirit. He cried out at the top of his voice, 'Ha! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are -- the Holy One of God!'

'Be quiet!' Jesus said sternly. 'Come out of him!' Then the demon threw the man down before them all and came out without injuring him.

Where oh where is Cardinal and when will she come back to us? :sigh:
Legion# for we many[ after the Flesh, the SON ommited] each seed\Flesh produces after its own Kind, The Pigs[  carnal Flesh, also a symbol of the pharisees,  :icon_flower:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2011, 05:44:18 PM »
he who can control the tongue...is a perfect man

• Gold
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2011, 05:48:21 PM »
he who can control the tongue...is a perfect man

Met or know any?

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2011, 05:54:13 PM »
 we have a 'helper'...the Holy spirit....he does not speak on his own

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2011, 06:07:16 PM »
 I was thinking of some of the above posts....and their 'knowing' their lies would not prevail against Father and Son and truth......... TRUTH IS A GREAT LIGHT!!

lies..beleived...is a great darkness..worked of the kingdom of darkness

• Gold
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2011, 06:19:33 PM »
I was thinking of some of the above posts....and their 'knowing' their lies would not prevail against Father and Son and truth......... TRUTH IS A GREAT LIGHT!!

Amen Sheila! And somehow this post got back on line with the opening post!

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2011, 06:23:44 PM »

:icon_flower:

TRUTH \Light is The Revelation of HIM,# as we wake from sleep ,HIS Unfolding Fire[LOVE\TRUTH] , comes via a TWINKLING[ Light] of the EYE[ Understanding]

The LIGHT[ HIM] of the BODY is the EYE[ understanding] , when the EYE is {WHOLE] the Body is Full of Liight= Truth, when thy eye[ understanding ]is in Darkness[ Ignorance\lie] your BODY is Full of DARKNESS~

~ How can Darkness see LIGHT~ as Darkness is the ABSENCE of LIGHT~ :icon_flower:

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2011, 06:36:13 PM »

for LOVE IS AS STRONG AS DEATH  IT'S JEALOUSY AS UNYIELDING AS THE GRAVE

IT BURNS LIKE BLAZING FIRE LIKE A MIGHTY FLAME  MANY WATERS CAN NOT QUENCH LOVE

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2011, 06:40:23 PM »

for LOVE IS AS STRONG AS DEATH  IT'S JEALOUSY AS UNYIELDING AS THE GRAVE

IT BURNS LIKE BLAZING FIRE LIKE A MIGHTY FLAME  MANY WATERS CAN NOT QUENCH LOVE
HIS HEDGE of the everlasting Flame[ Love] around US and In US~ :HeartThrob:

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2011, 07:16:03 PM »
....THEY MARCHED ACROSS THE BREADTH OF THE EARTH AND SURROUNDED THE CAMP OF THE CITY HE LOVES

BUT FIRE COME DOWN FROM HEAVEN AND DEVOURED THEM