Author Topic: SERPENT Means " To learn from experience"?  (Read 23103 times)

Offline thinktank

• Silver
Re: SERPENT Means " To learn from experience"?
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 11:49:10 PM »
2 Chronicles 5:13
 It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the LORD, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the LORD;

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 11:50:40 PM »
2 Chronicles 5:13
 It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the LORD, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the LORD;
:icon_flower:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 11:52:16 PM »

Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean. 
 :HeartThrob:

Genesis 7:16;

A male and female of each kind entered, just as God had commanded Noah. Then the LORD closed the door behind them.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 11:53:48 PM »

Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean. 

Genesis 7:16;

A male and female of each kind entered, just as God had commanded Noah. Then the LORD closed the door behind them.
HIS PLACE of """""REST""""""""~
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2011, 12:13:42 AM »
The truth never changes, only our perspective can. :icon_flower:

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2011, 12:24:38 AM »

Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward and speak lies.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2011, 12:39:03 AM »
indeed# the First Born is the carnal Mind, the liar and muderer from the Beginning~ SO~A good name [is] better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.# Selah~ :icon_flower:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2011, 02:14:21 AM »
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
 1 John 1

2. Hereby-"Herein."

know . the Spirit of God-whether he be, or not, in those teachers professing to be moved by Him.

Every spirit-that is, Every teacher claiming inspiration by the Holy Spirit.

confesseth-The truth is taken for granted as established. Man is required to confess it, that is, in his teaching to profess it openly.

Jesus Christ is come in the flesh-a twofold truth confessed, that Jesus is the Christ, and that He is come (the Greek perfect tense implies not a mere past historical fact, as the aorist would, but also the present continuance of the fact and its blessed effects) in the flesh ("clothed with flesh": not with a mere seeming humanity, as the Docetæ afterwards taught: He therefore was, previously, something far above flesh). His flesh implies His death for us, for only by assuming flesh could He die (for as God He could not), Heb 2:9, 10, 14, 16; and His death implies His LOVE for us (Joh 15:13). To deny the reality of His flesh is to deny His love, and so cast away the root which produces all true love on the believer's part (1Jo 4:9-11, 19).

--Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

[that] "confesses"

G3670
ὁμολογέω
homologeō
hom-ol-og-eh'-o
From a compound of the base of G3674 and G3056; to assent, that is, covenant, acknowledge: - con- (pro-) fess, confession is made, give thanks, promise.

This word homologeo is a covenant word, from two words, homou--the same--and logos--mind of Christ.  This 'confession' comes from the same mind [logos]
 as Christ--homologeo--Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

Come in the flesh, he thus is able to sanctify this tabernacle that we are currently living in.

1 Corinthians 1:30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 02:29:05 AM by Molly »

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2011, 03:06:19 AM »
Come in the flesh, he thus is able to sanctify this tabernacle that we are currently living in.

I'm on the edge of my seat!
Knowing this — it must have been torture for the first apostles — aware that they were born out of season.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2011, 03:10:36 AM »

...although, sometimes deep in my spirit, I wonder if John "made it!"

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2011, 03:22:32 AM »

And, where I am, there shall also my servant be.  Jn 12:26

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2011, 08:09:28 PM »
I would say John would likely made it more than the others, whom Jesus loved.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2011, 08:14:15 PM »
do anyone wonder why John was Given To Tend for HIS natural Mother after HIS cricifixion, and Not James? or maybe why was It John[ Beloved of God~] given the Revelation of Christ?

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2011, 09:27:15 PM »
James=jacob

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2011, 09:52:56 PM »
 i THINK HE WAS TO SIGNIFY THE ELIJAH SPIRIT THAT WAS TO COME....THE REVELATION OF CHRIST FOR OUR DAY PROPHESY'S

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2011, 10:11:52 PM »
i THINK HE WAS TO SIGNIFY THE ELIJAH SPIRIT THAT WAS TO COME....THE REVELATION OF CHRIST FOR OUR DAY PROPHESY'S
  :icon_flower:

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2011, 03:49:00 AM »
The Master in the boat(fellow-ship)was never asleep as He is not asleep today. No need to wake Him, we just need to KNOW.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2011, 03:52:53 AM »
The Master in the boat(fellow-ship)was never asleep as He is not asleep today. No need to wake Him, we just need to KNOW.
oh He sleeps till the removing of the veil# Each man in HIS Own Order#He hidesbehind the veil, till made awake## the ilusion of MEN is the veil
Shalom~

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2011, 03:53:09 AM »
:thumbsup:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2011, 03:54:20 AM »
oh He sleeps till the removing of the veil# Each man in HIS Own Order#He hidesbehind the veil, till made awake## the ilusion of MEN is the veil
Shalom~
We sleep, he doesn't.

He who keeps Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps. [Psa 121:4]

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2011, 03:59:50 AM »
Shalom~
We sleep, he doesn't.

dARKNESS AND lIGHT are the same to thee~~ even so, To sleep he remains DEAD, until made awake~~  how many do you KNOW he lays asleep in, and are NOT AWARE WHO HE IS~~lets talk reality~ Dead In us~ doesnt mea HES DEAD AS HES LIFE~

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2011, 04:04:35 AM »
Shalom~
We sleep, he doesn't.

dARKNESS AND lIGHT are the same to thee~~ even so, To sleep he remains DEAD, until made awake~~  how many do you KNOW he lays asleep in, and are NOT AWARE WHO HE IS~~lets talk reality~ Dead In us~ doesnt mea HES DEAD AS HES LIFE~
I'm just sayin'

He was always there, even when I didn't know it.

But, I could see it in retrospect.  I was dead.  He wasn't.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2011, 04:16:28 AM »
Shalom~
We sleep, he doesn't.

I'm just sayin'

He was always there, even when I didn't know it.

But, I could see it in retrospect.  I was dead.  He wasn't.
Molly you always seem to be splitting Hairs~ Peace and Shalom~

I guess because I see it as a theological point.  It makes a difference to me.

Psalm 121
 1I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

3He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

4Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.

6The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

7The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

8The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2011, 10:39:43 PM »

It's not just the carnal mind.  We believers in Christ are going to live forever--he has given us eternal life.

Therefore, we do not have to live in fear of death anymore, because he has conquered death for us.
wqhat do you mean Its not just the carnal mind# expound some?

You seem to focus only on this life and only on the carnal mind.

I'm not even sure what you mean by the carnal mind.

We Christians have already moved beyond it though, I think, because there is now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus...

We walk by faith, not by sight. 

we are already walking after the Spirit.

And, when this life is over, we will live with him forever.

I think that is the deception Molly.  Many claim they walk in faith without fully comprehending what faith actually is.  I totally agree with the "no condemnation" toward ANYONE . . .that's just the nature of Christ in us to do so.  But we all still have serpents in our gardens because we all have the two trees in us, one of life (spirit) one of knowledge (flesh).  Eve was tempted by the serpent in the tree of knowledge, which as Taf now illuminates, that it really pertains to physical engagement (learn by experience) which completely fits with the fact that knowledge also pertains to the exact same thing.  it learns by experience.  Only our spirit grows by way of revelation.  The more we feed our serpent the more it matures into the dragon Revelation speaks of.

Eve was tempted by the serpent and gave in to it.  Jesus was tempted by the same serpent and over came it.  Note also when he "was" tempted, he "did" quote Scripture, but it wasn't until he personally made a command that the tempter retracted.  And ONLY FOR A SEASON.  Which is also interesting.  Back to that "man can not live on bread alone" thing . . .Jesus quoted Scripture and all it did was cause the tempter to try a different angle.  But the moment he engaged in the authority from within, the tempter withered instantly. 

I still think that there's just a morbid sense about this Satan/devil belief out there in that God is love but yet he still lets this evil, destructive, horrific being run around loose among the very beings his Son died for . . .once again . . .does that REALLY fit the nature of God?  So, we don't believe in eternal hell, but we "do" agree that this devil can still torture the living???  What's the difference whether the torture is on this earth or in the next life?  God created this evil force so it can use everything in it's power to humiliate, deteriorate and completely tear us down . . .all for the purpose that He (God) gets the credit for bringing us back up.  You don't find that the least bid morbid?

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2011, 11:04:29 PM »

Morbid?

He would thereby be the most proud, egotistical, conceited, self-centered, and vainglorious personality in the universe.