Author Topic: Need help with this verse  (Read 3225 times)

Offline Seth

• Silver
Re: Need help with this verse
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2013, 12:13:01 AM »
Amen, and let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely..... :dsunny:

Offline JBerton

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2013, 12:14:37 AM »
Yes, Joshua the high priest a shadow of our high Priest, snatched from the fire, born of the Spirit.

Luke 21
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

And the one who was snatched from the fire, judges by fire. 

Psalm 96:13
Let all creation rejoice before the LORD, for he comes, he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in his faithfulness.

:banana:

Love those scriptures!

Here's my take on the OP:
Those who do not believe in this life will have to die the second death.  The second death is the death of the self, or self-will.  This occurs in the LOF.  After all the worthless trash is "burned" away then only the purified gold is left.
:Book: NEVER STOP SEARCHING! :Chinscratch:

Offline JBerton

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2013, 12:15:35 AM »
Hey Seth, I looked at your link to your article.  Is that your own webpage, or some other webpage to which you post?
John

Offline Seth

• Silver
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2013, 12:18:59 AM »
Those who do not believe in this life will have to die the second death.  The second death is the death of the self, or self-will.  This occurs in the LOF.  After all the worthless trash is "burned" away then only the purified gold is left.

Yes, I totally agree. I believe they are being metaphorically crucified. That is where Jesus died outside the city. That is where the flesh is crucified.

Habakkuk 1:12
O Lord, our Rock, you have sent these Babylonians to CORRECT us, to punish us for our many sins.

I believe it is called the second death in contrast to New Jerusalem, because it is death in sin unto a desolation and drought of their land and a great thirst. The Bride is there to invite them to drink of the water of LIFE, so that the second death may itself be swallowed up of life.

Hey Seth, I looked at your link to your article.  Is that your own webpage, or some other webpage to which you post?

Yes, that is my personal website.

Offline JBerton

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2013, 12:34:41 AM »
Thanks.
I am thinking about starting my own website.
Got any suggestions?

Offline Seth

• Silver
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2013, 12:36:34 AM »
I would say probably look into forming a blog. Maybe try wordpress.com. You can select from templates etc. They make it easy to get started right away and they will host it for you, I believe.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2013, 12:37:45 AM »
here'smy take onit....the wild beast[untamed by spirit of God in man] completelycnsumed

by tonguesoffire...false prophet[untamed tongue] completely consumedof tongues offire

satan and demons[wild  vine andit's branches]completly consumed oftngues offire[crushed

under heel of the woman's seed....the Lordrebuke thee...Jeremiah 2;21

Offline Seth

• Silver
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2013, 01:14:19 AM »
here'smy take onit....the wild beast[untamed by spirit of God in man] completely cnsumed

by tongues of fire...false prophet[untamed tongue] completely consumed of tongues of fire

satan and demons[wild  vine andit's branches]completly consumed oftngues offire[crushed

under heel of the woman's seed....the Lordrebuke thee...Jeremiah 2;21

I see it similarly. On the one hand you have this kind of tongue of fire.

James 3.6
The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil (iniquity) among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one's life on fire, and is itself set on fire by (the Valley of Hinnom).

On the one hand that Valley of Hinnom is how man will be judged by "fire" of his own boasting of great things and steering the course of his life into a furnace, having the whole body set on fire of that valley on the outside of the city. Gehenna is where dead bodies were burned, and those who are dead in sin, set the course of that "fire" upon themselves.

On the other hand, you have this kind of tongue of fire which judges them also….

Acts 2:3
They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.

So as their temples are in ruin, their streets are empty, their vineyards dried and ruined by their own "world of iniquity" still, the word is preached to them "come all you who are thirsty." That is a judgment because it tells them who they are: thirsty, lacking, needing Christ, and it brings them to their knees when they finally have ears to hear it.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2013, 03:24:23 AM »
yep..makethetree evilor good....you will know thetreeby it'sfruit

Offline Seth

• Silver
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2013, 06:00:51 PM »
yep..makethetree evilor good....you will know thetreeby it'sfruit

Yeah, take that tree, burn it down, plant a new one in its place, and give it a new name....    :dsunny:

Offline rrich7

• Full
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2014, 12:37:57 PM »
I think Galatians 3:27,28 refers to the Jews in the body of Christ.
I understand and agree with that view; but as usual I like to complicate things a bit :winkgrin:
The whole OT was given to the Jews. Jesus ministry was for Jews only (with a few exceptions). A large part of the NT was addressed to Jews.
Does that mean none of it is for Christian use?  I tend to think Jesus removed all boundaries. He died for all mankind which includes Jews. 

Israel had rejected Christ and killed him, but there are some Jewish believers.
True many Jews rejected Him; but many gentiles did the same.

Anyway, while I'm sure Jesus doesn't differentiate when people are in the body of Christ; I also think it's larger than that. The OT was a Jew only thing but from halfway the 1st century AD is being actively promoted to non Jews. With promotion of the Bible among the Gentiles the whole population of earth was becoming a potential "people of God".

Note: Obviously man and woman and all other mentioned groups still exist within the body of Christ. That, imo, points to the fact Israel is still set apart for a special purpose. Maybe even so while in Christ. It's just non of the groups are rejected because of what they are.

:dontknow:

All scripture "is for Christian use," and I agree Christ "died for all mankind which includes Jews." 

"All scripture is inspired by God, and is beneficial for teaching, for exposure, for correction, for discipline in righteousness, that the man of God may be equipped, fitted out for every good act." (2 Timothy 3:16)

http://concordant.org/expohtml/CorrectPartitioning/CorrectlyCutting.html

I agree that Israel is not rejected. They are God's chosen people for the future earthly kingdom ruled by Christ which will happen when he returns. I think God has simply paused in his dealing with Israel while the nations are being evangelized.

"the nations are to be joint enjoyers of an allotment, and a joint body, and joint partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus, through the evangel" (Ephesians 3:6)

Romans 9-10 answer an abundance of these questions when read in context with each other!

Has God then cast away His people ? God forbid ! (Rom 11:1)

Romans 11:15-26 KJV
[15] For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? [16] For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy : and if the root be holy, so are the branches. [17] And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; [18] Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. [19] Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. [20] Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: [21] For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. [22] Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. [23] And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. [24] For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches , be graffed into their own olive tree? [25] For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. [26] And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Romans 11:29-30 KJV
[29] For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. [30] For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: …

Romans 11:31-36 KJV
[31] Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. [32] For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. [33] O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! [34] For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? [35] Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? [36] For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen. …

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:48:44 PM by rrich7 »
Love Never Fails : Yes My God Never Fails. The battle has been WON!

From Him and through Him and to Him are ALL things.

Offline marie glen

• Bronze
  • HiS perfect intent? Besides paradise & perfection?
    • My profile on Bubblews
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2014, 05:05:20 PM »
I tend to think of it this way -  Jesus said His kingdom is not of this world.. (I don't think we need to lobby congress, tho I do not think it is wrong to do so)

But, tiny Israel was meant to be the swaddling cloths for Christ.. a place prepared for His coming to the world..

((The Law, of course still shows God's choices.. but, Jesus said it is not good enough to simply not murder, etc.. which is all The Law can actually, accomplish, in the heart, whereas Grace, drawing near to God is the POWER for transformation which goes further, and deeper, than not murdering and not committing the act of adultery..
 - And, Paul said to mix (the) law with grace was to fall from grace.. (diluting? the POWER to transform?))

Also, for the sake of God's truth proving drama of the ages, Israel again is set apart in 'last' days.. Jesus said to Jerusalem "you will not see me again until you say 'blessed is He comes in the name of the LORD'!"
 - and Paul said if their falling away is the saving of the nations/gentiles, what will their gathering (to Christ) be? but life from death??

And, rev 12 (imo, an insert) says the red(war) dragon's attention will turn (back) to her (the faith upon earth's) other children, those who have the commandments of God, and (by then) the testimony of Jesus.. aka, turns to armegeddon(rev 16:14-15-16) [verse 15, I believe, being the aforementioned "life from death"]

:Peace2: :hiya:
"If a stranger enters the room & all are talking in strange tongues, how will they understand?"

"Who is This!? That even the wind and the waves obey Him?" ~ Mt 8:27

Offline dboutwell

• Snr
    • Scared Of Hell,com
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2014, 11:15:25 PM »
Good discussion....to me Jesus is basically saying...if you want to be useful to the kingdom, stay with me...to try on your own will be non-productive to the kingdom...as fruitful as a pile of brush(dried limbs). If I am right, Jesus is speaking to people who are acting like they WANT to be fruitful and he is telling them how...which makes the term "missing the mark" make sense..:) Debbie
Blessings :)

Debbie