Author Topic: NDE's  (Read 367 times)

Offline Jock

• Father forgive them, they know not what they do
NDE's
« on: October 16, 2014, 03:26:53 PM »

I have been watching some of these You Tubes on near death experiences. Some experience hell (or so they say) which can be a bit disturbing. Others describe heaven, angels and long tunnels of light which is, of course, uplifting.

A lot of them, maybe most, allude to being "a good person" then it seems to speak of law to me.

If it is being a good person that dictates my eventual destination, them I'm sunk!

An thoughts about this?

Shalom  :Peace2:

Jock.

Offline Tom

Re: NDE's
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 04:23:11 PM »
I had an out of body experience looking down at myself in a hospital bed before I rushed through a spooky dark tunnel and then suddenly into the light that was total peace and unconditional love. Then I was back in my body compelled to look in the drawer beside the bed where there was nothing but a Gideon Bible. I wasn't familiar with scripture because I was raised Catholic, but I picked up that book and began to read it. As I did I became overwhelmed with emotion as I realized that God really was speaking to me through the words in that book. That had nothing to do with "law" as you say. Regarding being a "good person," an experience like that convinces you that the most important thing in life is to share God's love with your fellow human beings. That doesn't mean you have to be a "good person" to get saved because your salvation for eonian life is determined before you are even born by God who chooses you for that, and all mankind will eventually be saved from death at the consummation of the eons. I've mentioned on this forum before that I think visions may be somewhat affected by previous religious indoctrination. Many of us here have been taught that hell is torture in fire, but a thorough study of scripture reveals that is not the case. Hell is simply the unseen state of dead souls. It seems the majority of mystical experiences are ecstatic and produce a sense of peace and love, but we don't need to have a vision to believe God is light and God is love because scripture says so.

"By faith are we walking, not by perception." (2 Corinthians 5:7)

"God is light" (1 John 1:5)

"God is love" (1 John 4:8,16)

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 04:46:14 PM »

I have been watching some of these You Tubes on near death experiences. Some experience hell (or so they say) which can be a bit disturbing. Others describe heaven, angels and long tunnels of light which is, of course, uplifting.

A lot of them, maybe most, allude to being "a good person" then it seems to speak of law to me.

If it is being a good person that dictates my eventual destination, them I'm sunk!

An thoughts about this?

Jock.

Hi Jock   ,
  I love what you are  saying
  just today I saw something    about a mystery of the HOLY   SPIRIT  I never saw before
 and was always confused about the       24 elders      in Revelation 4  and those reigning with Christ now as apart of the Holy Spirit  to me these are the law & prophets  making  24 is    a   foundation    12   tribes  of Israel and  12 apostles  in the HOLY CITY  OF GOD    whom come out of  Israel    to be with  and follow Jesus     or LAW       and those are     judging the  living and dead      28 Jesus said to them, "Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

I thought  why the  12 tribes of Israel    ?       and to me those are  the ones whom are still  under the Law of Moses     and sit under the   shadow of death   

and to me the HOLY SPIRIT     IS the teacher   and comforter of truth    , what if   all  those    dying  of the mortal bodies  , clay pots cracked open   are still being chastened and     by rods of iron /strength      to control a group of people very firmly, having complete power over everything that they do

as correction and  learning still   without a mortal body  /clay        but still have a spirit and  living soul     that is under   correction , the Holy Spirit and Fire is what    we can see is also true in Revelations

I do not understand it all and am only beginning to understand        the realms of the Lord and His promises      and Him being the Lord of the dead and living and how  we can only      wonder     at His mysteries  of the   universe        and ages

But I dont think we quit   learning righteousness  at mortal  death , I do believe this learning process  continues long after the clay pots are broken and the true    hearts of  mankind   are exposed and seen whats in them and we will not proceed     or go before  those with Him  knowing  what the Lord when He  comes!! ,  will reveal to us        1thess  5 

are those with the rods of IRON    26 The one who conquers and who keeps my works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations, 27 and he will rule them with a rod of iron, as when earthen pots are broken in pieces, even as I myself have received authority from my Father.

I know we are only clay pots   for a very , very short time          80 years   some more some much much less         and there is an eternity to     understand     that     no   earthly   human can begin to  process   or know the ways of God in all His perfect and  complete    work
  by the little's we  can glimpse of His glory   and we can see no end    to it   !! :flowerred:

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 05:00:10 PM »
I had an out of body experience looking down at myself in a hospital bed before I rushed through a spooky dark tunnel and then suddenly into the light that was total peace and unconditional love. Then I was back in my body compelled to look in the drawer beside the bed where there was nothing but a Gideon Bible. I wasn't familiar with scripture because I was raised Catholic, but I picked up that book and began to read it. As I did I became overwhelmed with emotion as I realized that God really was speaking to me through the words in that book. That had nothing to do with "law" as you say. Regarding being a "good person," an experience like that convinces you that the most important thing in life is to share God's love with your fellow human beings. That doesn't mean you have to be a "good person" to get saved because your salvation for eonian life is determined before you are even born by God who chooses you for that, and all mankind will eventually be saved from death at the consummation of the eons. I've mentioned on this forum before that I think visions may be somewhat affected by previous religious indoctrination. Many of us here have been taught that hell is torture in fire, but a thorough study of scripture reveals that is not the case. Hell is simply the unseen state of dead souls. It seems the majority of mystical experiences are ecstatic and produce a sense of peace and love, but we don't need to have a vision to believe God is light and God is love because scripture says so.

Hi Bro Tom

that is  great , you had this glimpse of Light and tasted the good things to  come 

I do believe there is something  to the dead and living      as Jesus is LORD  and the master  and Has the  keys to   the graves and death        !!

I am beginning to see things  in the WORD  and   THEY BREATHE   LIFE !!

I  know we disagree on many levels        and  you may be right and so      we wait on the Lord   ,  I never want to speak out of idle words  or think  I am not accountable       for them ,,,   but when the Spirit   moves   

I am    so happy for Him to return again and quicken  [give more life in His Word ]  ,  i can hardly contain  it !!   
  always in  Jesus peace brother  , I can say I love you all and its  honest  .

I was riled yesterday  on the Elijah speaks thread       and had to  stop and look up "hold your peace"     as Jesus tells us to  do so ...    I am learning   not to be angry and rash   when speaking to anyone    about our precious Lord and Savior     !!     wrong spirit if ever there was one   a rising up within   to destroy  all of us 
 :flowerred:

Offline Tom

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 05:22:59 PM »

An thoughts about this?

Jock.

"For the entire law is fulfilled in one word, in this: "You shall love your associate as yourself."" (Galatians 5:14)

Offline Tom

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 05:27:58 PM »

Hi Bro Tom

that is  great , you had this glimpse of Light and tasted the good things to  come 

I do believe there is something  to the dead and living      as Jesus is LORD  and the master  and Has the  keys to   the graves and death        !!

I am beginning to see things  in the WORD  and   THEY BREATHE   LIFE !!

I  know we disagree on many levels        and  you may be right and so      we wait on the Lord   ,  I never want to speak out of idle words  or think  I am not accountable       for them ,,,   but when the Spirit   moves   

I am    so happy for Him to return again and quicken  [give more life in His Word ]  ,  i can hardly contain  it !!   
  always in  Jesus peace brother  , I can say I love you all and its  honest  .

I was riled yesterday  on the Elijah speaks thread       and had to  stop and look up "hold your peace"     as Jesus tells us to  do so ...    I am learning   not to be angry and rash   when speaking to anyone    about our precious Lord and Savior     !!     wrong spirit if ever there was one   a rising up within   to destroy  all of us 
 :flowerred:

Sis, we all have to swallow our pride when sharing our various perspectives here. Scripture says knowledge puffs up, but I think true wisdom is realizing we all see things differently because of our different life experiences and different interpretations of scripture. I'm not here to prove I'm right, just to share what I think is the truth according to the word of God.

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 05:47:52 PM »
is, we all have to swallow our pride when sharing our various perspectives here. Scripture says knowledge puffs up, but I think true wisdom is realizing we all see things differently because of our different life experiences and different interpretations of scripture. I'm not here to prove I'm right, just to share what I think is the truth according to the word of God.

God bless you bro Tom

Oh ,  me too , I am learning daily     as you are , we are here to  learn of Jesus  His  righteousness,, and I dont know    yet  what we will be !!      I want love to be the   thing remembered most       , knowledge  fades away    , BUT LOVE NEVER FAILS any of us !! :flowerred:

Offline Jock

• Father forgive them, they know not what they do
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 01:26:20 PM »
Thanks to all who wrote in. I agree with you Tom, we really just don't know, do we? I can be sure of Universalism and that the Lord has promised salvation for all, thank God!!

Here is a link to a man who has some pretty cool things to say about NDE's and spiritual experiences.

http://www.near-death.com/vincent.html

Cheers for now

Jock.

Offline Tom

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 01:18:38 AM »
Yeah, he studied mystical experiences for a long time and said they and scripture both point toward universal reconciliation.