Author Topic: Revelation 3:15-16  (Read 170 times)

Offline idontknow

• Reg
Revelation 3:15-16
« on: April 06, 2015, 02:43:40 AM »
"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth."

I came across this on a Christian message board i frequent that love to preach damnation and eternal hell. Since i am new to religion and UR i was just wondering what the UR view is of this scripture. Even though i am now a Christian i think i am lukewarm and it kinda worries me. I really dont know how to become a "hot" christian. I feel out of place in churches i dont like to sing. And apparently singing is praise so i guess I'm going against God by not getting into it. But i guess that's not really a deed but my life and everything in general is lukewarm.

Offline sheila

• Gold
Re: Revelation 3:15-16
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 03:16:18 AM »
there are many aspects to this subject. WW brought up one time that the city/congregation this was spoken to..had a water system

that delivered the water to the city in this unpalatable state..neither cold refreshing water to slake thirst,nor hot water for bathing.

now they way I see it..is the eternal gospel water of life can not be a mix of good/evil[hot/cold,blessings/curses]

Jesus said make the tree good or evil..not a mix.  Not a mix of law/grace.     It is good news unto all men..this saviour given unto us.

spew out of His mouth would place you in an unacceptable spiritual state to Him...and He finding you in such a state would

place you as a vessel of common/use as far as the calling of the elect for His purpose in this world at this time. we need to refresh

people with waters of life..or be used to wash them to make them clean through the word we speak to them of the salvation of all.

I think you misjudge yourself....I think we were just that before He called us out of the churches.  YOU!!! Are a work in progress

by Him!!!!!!!  HE!! Has begun a GOOD WORK IN YOU...and HE! will finish it.   :friendstu:

Offline Searching_For_The_Truth

• Snr
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 03:42:36 AM »
Everyone is at different levels of their faith. Some are more liberal and some are more conservative. The ones who are "spit out" are those who need more work which personally I think can apply to anyone because we are all far from perfect. In my view, the verse doesn't justify ET but is a reminder that God is working within us. He is the potter and we are the clay and some of us may need more work than others. That's my  :2c:

Offline marie glen

• Bronze
  • HiS perfect intent? Besides paradise & perfection?
    • Bible Prophecy For Today (Prophecy Study)
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 06:47:40 AM »
Amen! to the above!  :iagree:  I think we all go through and have had times where we feel we are "following from a distance".. Or so it seems, or we think, but then His Spirit draws us along and brings us closer.. Like desert days when it helps to simply trust in Him.. Looking to Him, knowing that He will do it, and "He is faithful and will bring it to completion" as the scripture says, end of Jude i believe.

Also too, I think, when we first become a christian, we feel we should grow to become a great speaker or something like that.. or able to heal the sick.. and then as we progress, i think we realize we perceive the love of the Lord flowing.. and we find ourselves really really loving others. And I think that's the whole thing right there.. and what simplicity.. (And ultimately love heals?)

I also think Jesus' instructions on the eve of His crucifixion are meant for spiritual instruction.. our daily bread and (new) wine, daily word and spirit.. Even when it's little sips here and there in our days..

But you know what I think a lot of believers miss? "His yoke is easy, His burden light".. I think we have one commandment. To love God. If we have affection for Him, we will also have affection for our fellow person.. Drawing close to Him.. He rubs off on us..
"if you mix law w/ grace you are fallen from grace" We're not going to be perfect. Might as well keep our eye single upon Him..
"Rest in Him" .."Be still and know I am God.."
 :Peace2:

..besides.. I think the "lukewarm" likely don't have much thought about the Lord really.. more like a social club or something.. :2c:
Jesus is The Kingdom

.."in Christ all shall be made alive.. but each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those at His coming.. & then when He delivers the kingdom to the Father.." [Mt 13:33/1Cor 15:22-26]
 ~ The ancient fall holy days prophecy the long 2nd advent - Day of Atonement(DOA) as Day of Judgment
 ~ doa 4 the doa/2nd resurrection? :banana: :cheerleader:

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 06:02:31 PM »

Funny how one had the post  on   the seven Spirits of God and there are  seven  churches to be  chastened  and rewarded  for overcoming IN CHRIST WHO IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD

I see this church /body part being the  one who seeks the praises of men    and the praises of God   , and the WORD  says  lukewarm condition is the result 

Jesus never seeked the praises of men but gave all the GLORY TO HIS FATHER    this was obedience
  Why call me good there is none good but God     
 I think any acts of charity /love is from God and should be giving God   the glory ,  if one thinks he is rich and   clothed and can see  ,  Who made him this way ?

they are deceiving their own hearts by thinking its up to them to  to save others as they saved themselves    , 
 so where is the Glory of God   though Jesus CHRIST    THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD  , so they see and  given life  abundantly   
Like Shelia said , the mixing of law and grace is not  possible   
  the working of the law is the ministration of death  and the working of faith in Jesus Christ is the working of grace  giving you life   though Jesus Christ
  judgment under the law is death , judgment under   grace is life
  but all things are yours      life and death   and Christ is the Lord /master of the dead and living     ,   bringing many that died  by the law to LIFE again back from the dead    to LIVE FOR GOD for He is not the God of the dead but the LIVING !! ALL   that live Live to Him  , and He will not give His glory   to another  !!

1CORINTH 3    …21So then let no one boast in men. For all things belong to you, 22whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or things present or things to come; all things belong to you, 23and you belong to Christ; and Christ belongs to God.
Jesus is the reward  !!

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 06:30:47 PM »
"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth."

"I think you misjudge yourself....I think we were just that before He called us out of the churches.  YOU!!! Are a work in progress…"  sheila  :dsunny:

"I really dont know how to become a "hot" christian." Idontknow  :Peace2:

You said that true, "I really don't know how……"  Joh 15:5  `I am the vine, ye the branches; he who is remaining in me, and I in him, this one doth bear much fruit, because apart from me ye are not able to do anything;

Isa 40:29  He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
Isa 40:30  Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
Isa 40:31  But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

On our own we come to the place, whether a new believer or one who has been around awhile, where we ask..... is the glass half full or half empty? Waiting on the Lord, I am given to understand is the hardest part of my walk. My 2 cents.  :dsunny:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Tom

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 08:55:09 PM »
Don't allow doubt and worry to quench your spirit. That's just Satan trying to deceive you. You don't need to sing in church to praise God. You're chosen to let God's love flow through you to others. I think sharing God's love especially with those who need it bad is the most powerful way to show your devotion to God because you're sharing the spirit of God himself with those who think they have no hope. Scripture says God is spirit, light, and love. Light produces heat. If you realize that you're a light in this world of darkness, you'll know that you're a "hot" Christian. Popular methods of praise and worship in the ritualistic church services are not the only way to praise and worship. God wants us to worship in spirit and truth. I think you praise God and worship God simply by sharing God's love with your fellow human beings. I think simple acts of kindness manifest the power of love to overcome evil and are the best ice breaker to sharing the truth of the word of God with lost souls. So don't let Satan deceive you into doubting your faith. Trust God, and believe.

"Trust in Yahweh with all your heart, And do not lean to your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5)

"by faith are we walking, not by perception" (2 Corinthians 5:7)