Author Topic: Who teaches?  (Read 92 times)

Offline jojoross

• Reg
  • and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
Who teaches?
« on: January 30, 2015, 04:20:35 AM »
Yello!

So under the new covenant only God teaches by His spirit right? I mean we have the foolishness of preaching (1 cor 1:21), but we know that has to be spiritually ddiscerned. Look at this passage:

Hebrews 8:8-11 KJV

For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:  Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:  And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Looks like from this verse only God teaches us in our hearts and minds. Love to hear some thoughts. Thanks!

God's peace,
Jordan
Do NOT be CONFORMED to this AGE!

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
Re: Who teaches?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 05:21:11 AM »
I doubt that the days spoken of in the quoted text have arrived yet.
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 05:37:53 AM »
Jesus asked Peter,'who do you say that I am" and Peter replied..'You are the Christ! the son of God!" Jesus said,'Blessed art

thou,Peter,son of Jonah;for flesh and blood did not reveal this unto you,but the Father in heaven.

..........thou art Peter..and on this rock[revelation of God revealing the son,and the son revealing the Father]I will

build my church,and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.     here also we have the reason that the elect are not deceived

because God and Christ reveal to them. it is a true revelation..not teachings of men. No-one can come to the Father unless God

draws him...unless God gives spiritual ears to hear,and eyes to see.  Comparing spiritual to spiritual.........these things are

spiritually discerned....and are but foolishness to the unspiritual man.....

we can speak of these things of God all day long..but unless God gives spiritual ears...it will not be heard[understood]

to those that have ears..let them hear what the spirit is saying..

ask,seek,knock...draw near to God and He will draw near to you......though He is never far off from any of us.

let Him not be near on your lips,but your heart far off from Him.......many churches have Him on their lips,but not

in their heart. there are many churches that teach commandments of men..and an outward show of worship..this sort

of worship is in vain[name that they are alive[Christ on the lips] but are spiritually dead[spirit of Christ not in their heart]

we all start out as babes...but God Himself will finish our training.....ALL YOUR"E CHILDREN WILL BE TAUGHT OF GOD

we can do nothing of ourselves......if Jesus stated that it is the Father doing his works in me...all the more true for any

of us...we are not to think ahead of time what we are to speak..but it will be given us in that hour by the Holy spirit what

to say..........so..is it us speaking or the Holy spirit?

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 10:26:12 AM »
John 7:18
He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

I only speak what i hear from my Father

My sheep know my voice, another they will not follow.

The Holy Spirit is like water, flowing to and through the low places.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 05:19:18 PM »
Looks like from this verse only God teaches us in our hearts and minds. Love to hear some thoughts. Thanks!

God's peace,
Jordan

I agree   He gives from a heart of stone to a heart   of flesh   
   WORSHIP him  in SPIRIT & TRUTH   and  you being the temple of the Living God  where His Holy Presence is  ,

Jesus explaining this when He says  , your Father and My Father those born of God      are    family       ... here   Father loves you  because you   believe in Me  , I believe this is how we are born again   in faith believing on the Jesus the Son of God   ,,,   and it is in our hearts and minds   as Shelia   gave   those verses  to believe Him is to love Him and keep His commands  , the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak   
  the power of God is in CHRIST & SPIRIT

john 16 26"In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I will request of the Father on your behalf;

27for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came forth from the Father.

28"I came forth from the Father and have come into the world; I am leaving the world again and going to the Father." :HeartThrob:
Jesus is the reward  !!

Offline jojoross

• Reg
  • and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 08:42:33 PM »
Thanks everybody for your great thoughts. I definitely believe the Spirit of God speaks for us through our hearts and minds.

Lazurus Short,

Isn't Hebrews 8 talking about the old vs the New covenant? It says a covenant I give you and I will write my law in your hearts and minds.

I definitely believe through the foolishness of preaching we are saved. But I believe we all heard preaching in the past and believed ET. It is only when God comes in and Christ TEACHES (Matt 23:8) us truth...in my view of things anyway...or is it God's view through me...???    :)

Do NOT be CONFORMED to this AGE!

Offline marie glen

• Bronze
  • HiS perfect intent? Besides paradise & perfection?
    • Inner Monastery on Blogspot
« Reply #6 on: Today at 07:10:06 AM »
I think if we read and abide in His Word, we will through the spirit of the Lord, separate all truth from untruth and all untruth from all truth...So many pursue this teacher, that preacher, this book, that seminar (though I love the Intelligent design teachings and lectures!)

I think we can learn when others are teaching scripture, cross references, etc.. but the ultimate ruler (measure) is His Word, and nothing needs to be added to it nor taken away from it... The New Testament is so slim, I'm thinking reading it through every year, with prayer and Spirit led meditation upon it, after a while, should be clarity and understanding, hopefully increasing.. :smile:

I've gotten the impression the very first church was all/many sharing, not one preaching and lots and lots of united prayers..
- Is it written? no repentance after death? if resurrected still in ones sins (2nd Resurrection) will be weeping and wailing? Holy Days - Trumpets, Atonement, Tabernacles prophecy the three peaks of His long 2nd advent? Is weeping & wailing the beginning of the redemptive process? by the end of judgement age, veRy few to cleansing in LOF?
``````````````````````````````````````````````````
- "...aLL things new" Rev21:5 "A new heavens and a new earth" Rev 21:1 - Is 11:7 Micah 4:4 Is 30:25
http://www.bubblews.com/news/9080033 -revelation told in rhyme - 45 days