Author Topic: Matt 10:28 "destroy body and soul"  (Read 13458 times)

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: Matt 10:28 "destroy body and soul"
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2011, 07:07:03 PM »
Quote from: Taffy
we ARE free FROM DEATH and tat which caused it

Do you believe that you are free from death right now?

If so, do you still think that 'you' are going to die?  [not your body, 'you.']  And if so, how can you be free from death?

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2011, 07:11:55 PM »

But once He's within, Molly, does He sit silently?
Or does He appear on our lips?

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2011, 07:12:13 PM »

I was given to smile one day when I read of a young boy that after he understood that Jesus lives within him and stands at the door and knocks exclaimed:
Oh! I get it Jesus isn't looking to get in He's looking to get OUT!
:HeartThrob: from the mouth of Babes :icon_flower:

That's cute, but that's not what the passage says.

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

[I will] "come in" [ to him]

G1525
εἰσέρχομαι
eiserchomai
ice-er'-khom-ahee
From G1519 and G2064; to enter (literally or figuratively): - X arise, come (in, into), enter in (-to), go in (through).
For mine Christ is in ALL men Molly ,for NOW just sleeping in the soul of the BOAT- awaiting for the TRUTH[ HIM] to be revealed  :icon_flower: some sleeping . some AWAKE- AS THE SCRIPTURES SHOW, HES woken when the trials of Life BEAT upon our SOUL--- :icon_flower:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011, 07:20:12 PM »
Quote from: Taffy
we ARE free FROM DEATH and tat which caused it

Do you believe that you are free from death right now?

If so, do you still think that 'you' are going to die?  [not your body, 'you.']  And if so, how can you be free from death?

we being in death were  reconcilled while we WERE enemies Molly - DEATH riegns NO MORE - I belive that This SHELL our body will fade - like manya Body before it - Death is Not of this BODY , DEATH is HELL being the seperation of our carnal minds-it is NOT I who LIVE but he who lives THROUGH ME---OUR LIFE hid IN him
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 07:25:05 PM »
...come in to him and will sup with him and he with me.

I think Christ can only talk to Christ, otherwise he sounds to the listener like the punishing angry God of the OT.

So, yes, the Christ inside of man has to be awoken first.  [If any man hear my voice and open the door...]  He IS the door.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 07:30:39 PM »

I think Christ can only talk to Christ, otherwise he sounds to the listener like the punishing angry God of the OT.

So, yes, the Christ inside of man has to be awoken first.  [If any man hear my voice and open the door...]  He IS the door.
yes Molly an inward one-- not a Christ flies from the skies  entering your heart-- no more than SATAN ENTERING the Body of Judas----

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 07:33:49 PM »

yes Molly an inward one-- not a Christ flies from the skies  entering your heart-- no more than SATAN ENTERING the Body of Judas----
I didn't say that lol.

I don't agree with that.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 07:35:41 PM »

I didn't say that lol.

I don't agree with that.
Then Christ is a Literal door too then -lol-- :HeartThrob:

yes Molly I appreciate you dont believe it :icon_flower:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 07:38:03 PM »
LOL

Yes he is a literal door.  A door is something you go through to get in and out of buildings [or temples or sheep pens].

A door can keep you in or keep you out.

No one comes to the Father except through me.

--John 14:6
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 07:46:22 PM by Molly »

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2011, 07:45:34 PM »
LOL

Yes he is a literal door.  A door is something you go through to get in and out of buildings [or temples or sheep pens].

No one comes to the Father but through me.

if you known me long enough Molly by Literal, I mean Natural or physical ---- :icon_flower:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2011, 07:50:30 PM »
LOL

if you known me long enough Molly by Literal, I mean Natural or physical ---- :icon_flower:
well, if I could say, it's all literal, natural, physical.  Like physics, it's just a matter of how much we know about the literal, natural, physical.  Physics looks different to Fermi than it did to Newton, but they were both right.

Doug

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2011, 07:54:31 PM »
Taffy's comments resemble the views of John Thomas (1805-1872). See Chapter 3 of Elpis Israel.

In the wilderness, the things that happened to the Israelites were for our examples, Paul said. [1 Corinthians 10:11] The serpents were sent because the people had tempted Christ.

1 Corinthians 10:9
Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

The serpent of brass that Moses made, and lifted up on a pole, is symbolic of Jesus, who was crucified to take away the sin of the world. It was his body that was nailed to the cross, not his mind, whether carnal or not.

Isaiah said "the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all." [Isaiah 53:6] 

This is what we all need to look towards; Jesus took away our iniquities.

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit.

Doug

Gehenna and the land promise

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2011, 07:57:23 PM »
LOL

or we could say the Natural is the shadow of the ReAlity---- first seek the Kingdom of God ... seek and you shall FIND Knock and it will be OPENED-----the Kingdom is WITHIN  as is the DOOR who is purple scarleT and Blue--And he made an hanging for the tabernacle door [of] blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen, of needlework; - WHICH STARTS with faith
well, if I could say, it's all literal, natural, physical.  Like physics, it's just a matter of how much we know about the literal, natural, physical.  Physics looks different to Fermi than it did to Newton, but they were both right.
TRUTH has been around for eons bro but whos John Thomas?

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2011, 08:01:03 PM »
LOL

or we could say the Natural is the Shadow of the spiritua reality as was the TEMPLE-- seek ye FIRST the Kingdom... seek and yopu shall FIND knock and it will be OPENED--- the Kingdon is WITHIN as is the Door-And he made an hanging for the tabernacle door [of] blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen, of needlework;  which begins with FAITH

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2011, 08:03:38 PM »
NO WORRIES jUST GOOGLE HIM -- A CHRISTEDELPHIAN---- how odd-- my wife originated her belief ages ago through her folks--- but i didnt know that---as this came from WITHIN and NO man

Doug

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011, 08:23:43 PM »
NO WORRIES jUST GOOGLE HIM -- A CHRISTEDELPHIAN---- how odd-- my wife originated her belief ages ago through her folks--- but i didnt know that---as this came from WITHIN and NO man

Do you mean your views are influenced by your wife's background? Can you tell us what that was?

Doug

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2011, 08:32:02 PM »

Do you mean your views are influenced by your wife's background? Can you tell us what that was?

Doug

ABSOLUTELY not---  RELIGION IS A DEAD BEAST HERE FRIEND--- HAS BEEN 20 YRS--- WHY SHOULD YOU PRESUME SUCH---?just cos another Linked with the Christelphians also understood it----- what are saying Doug-- speak out
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:36:41 PM by Taffy »

Doug

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2011, 08:37:55 PM »

Doug

ABSOULUTELY not---  RELIGION IS A DEAD BEAST HERE FRIEND--- HAS BEEN 20 YRS--- WHY SHOULD YOU PRESUME SUCH---?just cos another Linked with the Christelphians also understood it----- wehat are saying Doug-- speak out

I was curious why you mentioned your wife's beliefs in your response. You said: "my wife originated her belief ages ago through her folks"

I was asking for some clarification; how does your wife and her beliefs relate? 

Please clarify what you meant, I'm sure others are curious too. I meant nothing sinister by my question.

Doug

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2011, 08:42:54 PM »

Doug

ABSOULUTELY not---  RELIGION IS A DEAD BEAST HERE FRIEND--- HAS BEEN 20 YRS--- WHY SHOULD YOU PRESUME SUCH---?just cos another Linked with the Christelphians also understood it----- wehat are saying Doug-- speak out

I was curious why you mentioned your wife's beliefs in your response. You said: "my wife originated her belief ages ago through her folks"

I was asking for some clarification; how does your wife and her beliefs relate? 

Please clarify what you meant, I'm sure others are curious too. I meant nothing sinister by my question.

Doug

what would like her lifes story- i was merely piointed out a coiincidence - thats IT----I know very Little about the CDs--- only that my inlaws started there faith within as did their folks before but left 25 yrs ago---- thay havent been talked about since---

-- I met my wife 86 in the OLDWWCG-- the only foundation of religion we shared was that-- but left that hypocrisy some twenty yrs back-- My wife and I discuss Much--- but not of the DEAD days for sure- :icon_flower:

Doug

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2011, 08:57:03 PM »

what would like her lifes story- i was merely piointed out a coiincidence - thats IT----I know very Little about the CDs--- only that my inlaws started there faith within as did their folks before but left 25 yrs ago---- thay havent been talked about since---

-- I met my wife 86 in the OLDWWCG-- the only foundation of religion we shared was that-- but left that hypocrisy some twenty yrs back-- My wife and I discuss Much--- but not of the DEAD days for sure- :icon_flower:

Ok, thanks.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2011, 08:59:24 PM »

what would like her lifes story- i was merely piointed out a coincidence - thats IT----I know very Little about the CDs--- only that my inlaws started there faith within as did their folks before but left 25 yrs ago---- thay havent been talked about since---

Ok, thanks.

YW  :icon_flower:

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2011, 09:11:22 PM »
The "simples." I try I really pray for understanding but I continue to remain befuddled when you post the "simples." I am not trying to be a smart aleck, I just dont get your teachings a good part of the time.
Like this "....seek the understanding of the serpent..."  :sigh:

The serpent is the Carnal mind- and this for you is a Stumbling Block--- which was Raised upon a POLE in the WILDENESS BY MOSES--- the SERPENT was BRASS meaning Judgment , the same brass of the ALTER which ANimal[ christ] were BURNED for  forgiveness of sin--- The serpent of BRASS on the pole means the SERPENT [ CARNAL MIND ] has been Judged -

who ELSE was RAISED upon a POLE made of wood WHO TOO WAS judged? Yes The LORD on the CROSS who DIED for the very same Carnal Mind wich was Birthed in the GARDEN---   our carnal mind through FAITH are baptised into HIS death , =the perishing of the carnal mind , being RAISED with HIM= moving from DEATH to LIFE which is the symbolism shown in this scripture---MAN entered and descended in the very LOWER depths of the EARTH= HELL= DEATH-- where The LORD joined USin OUR DEATH by which we will be raised[ ascend ] WITH him---

RIGHT now we are In the heanenlies--- sitting  with HIM----   why because the OLD MAN is is dead.. ITS MAN who can not enter the heavens--- not the spiritual man----

Blessings :icon_flower:

Please pardon my attitude but

I did not know that this forum, other than believing that Jesus died and rose from the dead, knew just about all the other treasures to be revealed.... have been found and that when Im told that the "serpent is the carnal mind" then thats it. Shut the seeking down on that. Ive reached the bottom line. Either I get that or I just quit. 
If Im wrong all I can say is thats the way it reads to me.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2011, 09:16:55 PM »
no prblem- I meant no offence just being honest with what is TRUE concerning the serpent- so I offend yoAu NO more-- consider this the last post to you Directly--- :icon_flower:

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2011, 09:32:19 PM »

Taffy,
Are the carnal mind and the Son of Perdition one and the same?

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2011, 09:39:02 PM »

Taffy,
Are the carnal mind and the Son of Perdition one and the same?
:icon_flower:

The son of perdition is very much the carnal mind[ soul] of US all Judas is an example , THE SOUL of man who is LOST in the FLAMES being straw, stubble etc :icon_flower:

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.  :icon_flower: