Author Topic: "I will vomit those lukewarm in their faith out of my mouth"  (Read 5936 times)

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
Re: "I will vomit those lukewarm in their faith out of my mouth"
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 05:10:02 AM »

This is interesting from www.gty.org.
I don't know their position on ET.

"Laodicea was a very wealthy city. It had material wealth, it gave its people a false security. They were famous for that wealth and apparently the church thought it was wealthy, too.

You say, "Were they talking about money here?" No, no, I don't really think they were talking about money. I think they thought they were rich in spiritual reality. I think they thought they had spiritual riches. Let me go a step further. I think the heresy in Colossae was a form of incipient Gnosticism, a sort of a preview to what later became known as Gnosticism. And Gnosticism comes from the word gnosis which means "to know." In other words, there were people who believed that they had attained to the ascended knowledge. Christ was not enough for them. They had gone beyond Christ. Christ was just an emanation from God, an angelic being on a descending ladder of beings that go from good to bad. And He was somewhere up in the good category.

The gnostics said, "But we have ascended beyond the simplicity of Christ. Christ is only a part, a component. We have reached the ascended knowledge. We have gone beyond that. And that's why Paul in Colossians chapter 2 so explicitly says of Christ, "In Him are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge and you are complete in Him and don't you let anybody spoil you through philosophy and empty deceit and think there's something more elevated than Christ." That same heresy had found its way over here, no doubt, and these people are saying, "We are the ascended ones." If this isn't the typical, hypocritical, liberal line. "All of you mindless fundamentalists. All of you people who just believe the simplicity of the Bible are not educated. You're not erudite. You haven't attained to the ascendent knowledge." We are anti-intellectual.

No, they had spiritual pride. They were rich. They had become spiritually wealthy. They had attained the ascended knowledge. They had gone past that simple belief about Christ that these uneducated and non-trained Christians believe. They think they're spiritually rich. So they said I am rich, that's their state, and have become wealthy, that's...that's the process to that state. They did it by themselves. I'm rich and guess who got me there? Me. And I have need of nothing. That's a self-righteous works system, isn't it? I've attained it all. I've reached the elevated level.

This is the hardest person to reach. The intellectual apostate, the intellectual unsaved hypocrite who stays in the church. Liberal churches flood our country, Europe, Canada, the world...full of people who think they have ascended beyond. They have an aberrant view of Christ. They see Him not as the creator God. They have an infatuation with their own intellect and assume that they have been elevated beyond the simplicity of fundamental truth. And they have developed a self-righteous work system that makes them think they are the spiritually elite who need absolutely nothing. And when you come with the simple gospel, they laugh.

These are the ones, by the way, in the words of Jesus, Matthew 7:13 and 14, who are on the broad road."

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 05:55:24 AM »

This is interesting from www.gty.org.
I don't know their position on ET.

Maybe a good take on Laodicea...here's his take on ET/"hell";

John MacArthur [gty - "Grace To You"] has said,

Punishment in hell is defined by the word aionios, which is the word eternal or everlasting. There are people who would like to redefine that word aionios and say, "Well, it doesn't really mean forever." But if you do that with hell, you've just done it with heaven, because the same word is used to describe both. If there is not an everlasting hell, then there is not an everlasting heaven. And I'll go one beyond that. The same word is used to describe God. And so if there is not an everlasting hell, then there is not an everlasting heaven, nor is there an everlasting God. It is clear that God is eternal; and, therefore, that heaven is eternal, and so is hell. (John MacArthur, "A Testimony of One Surprised to Be in Hell, Part 2")

Augustine put it simply more than 1,500 years ago: "To say that life eternal shall be endless, [but that] punishment eternal shall come to an end is the height of absurdity."

To say passages like Matthew 25:46 refer to eternality as a quality of judgment but say nothing about the duration, especially without exegetical support, is simply to beg the question. The meaning of "eternal" in that passage is clear—it's everlasting.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, 06:03:34 AM »

It appears he goes to the same church at Laodicea that he speaks about in that piece.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, 06:05:29 AM »
That's kind of short sighted, isn't it?

If Hell is eternal and life for the saints is eternal, what happens when God is all in all?

For the saints, eternal life is just a subway stop on the way to something much better.

So will it be the same for everyone.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 06:10:51 AM by Molly »

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2012, 06:15:52 AM »

The whole "hell" thing is just weird.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 06:48:34 AM »
They seem to assume that if aionios life ends, that means death.  Therefore, aionios must mean eternal.

Obviously, it doesn't because we go onto another state--God all in all.

Even the Son, at that point, will hand the kingdom over to the Father.

But--we really aren't given much information about this in the Bible.

Yet, Paul talks about things changing for those living saints when others are brought in.

He's talking about the Jews, but it's interesting how he puts it:

15For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
--Rom 11

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 07:40:39 AM »
Good perspective.  It's almost like a mystery, that has to be seen through the haze.   :mthumbsup:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2012, 03:33:28 PM »
yes,the doing away with the satn inspired condemnation and hate  and hypocrisy and lies of the spiritual leaders by the spirit of Christ,which speaks love forgiveness

without hypocrisy is life from the dead.

the man of sin,Christ does awy with,with the breath[living word] of His coming

Online eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 08:37:12 PM »
They seem to assume that if aionios life ends, that means death.  Therefore, aionios must mean eternal.

Yet, Paul talks about things changing for those living saints when others are brought in.

15For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
--Rom 11

As I was reading your post, I had this thought, that from this point of view, in the parable of the prodigal son......

Israel is the prodigal, having taken the inheritance and left the estate(forgotten their first estate), lived riotuosly in the world spending what the Father had reserved for them in earthly pursuits(dancing round the golden calf), wound up starving(spiritually) in the pig trough(living as Gentiles among Gentiles under the rules of Gentiles-in chains of darkness olam). When they hit bottom and come to their senses(all Israel shall be saved) they will return to the Fathers estate(life from the dead), merely desiring to serve(as Messiah did). The Father, seeing them coming from the distance(through a haze, eh Jabcat?) will be moved to tears of joy, immediately restore them to their proper estate (signet ring of sons, many colored coat of Joseph), throw a huge party(wedding supper of the Lamb) where we will sit all together at table with Abraham Isaac and Jacob and sup (break bread-fellowship;  drink wine- purified love) with Jesus. At first, some of us, having wondered all this time why the Father pines so for their return, may object, "But we have been your servants, remaining here in the house, and doing the work of this estate." The Father looks at us with pity in His eyes, mixed with compassion for our failure to understand who He is and what FAMILY is, and says, "Don't you understand? This is my son, even as you are, and he was lost, but now he is found, he was dead, but now HE LIVES!" Perhaps the son who stayed home will hear, and understand, and awaken, and welcome his found brother with new born joy.........finding himself as well having awakwened from death into LIFE MORE ABUNDANT, in the SPIRIT OF RECONCILIATION.

Whaddya think? lol
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:55:47 PM by eaglesway »
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline imperialgal

• Full
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2012, 03:13:33 PM »
hi last week i was googling and i dont know how i ended up at this site i will post a link to soon but i did, i think it may be cause i was checking out a scripture that a hell preaching facebook friend was posting lol! it put a whole new perspective on luke warm for me, one i would have never thought about! heres a little glimpse of what the page in my link is like ( i have so been one and prob am one from time to time, im sure jesus is getting sick of spitting me out lol)

##These people did great works for the Lord—even miracles—and thought well of themselves, but they missed their need for the Lord Himself. Jesus said, "Only one thing is needful," and it isn't to do great works for Him. Jesus wants us to trust Him, rest in Him, believe in Him, see our need for Him, get to know Him, let Him get to know us. That's all one thing: it's called Faith.

That may explain why Jesus says "I wish you were cold or hot." If you're "hot," then of course you're exactly where the Lord wants you to be—surrendering to the All-Consuming Fire. You're seeing your need of Him and depending on Him to burn away your impurities and kindle your love.

If you're "cold," you're apart from Him—and you feel it. Sometimes we have to hit the bottom before we learn to look up. As Martin Luther said, if you're going to sin, you may as well sin boldly. None of this socially respectable stuff. Try it all, if that's what it will take for you to see it doesn't satisfy. When the Prodigal wound up in a pigsty, he realized how good his father really was. The sooner you get to the end of your rope, the sooner you'll see your need to be rescued.

heres the whole page  http://www.quiveringdaughters.com/2010/09/myth-of-lukewarm-christian.html
We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then; see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us! 1 Cor. 13:12

Offline imperialgal

• Full
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2012, 03:16:23 PM »
actually if the above is correct in its interperatation I am one alot in recovery mode haha i have to send those self righteous thoughts out of my head alot and sometimes i wish i could put some tape over my mouth to keep it shut, 
We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then; see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us! 1 Cor. 13:12

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2012, 03:43:07 PM »
The tongue is set on fire by hell isn't it?

The problem I have is speaking before I pray... that's always stupid.  :fool:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline imperialgal

• Full
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2012, 04:22:14 PM »
it sure is! the tounge so hard to train! You know I often find myself saying something negative or bitching about someone or something and after i think why the heck did i even say this! Its like it so dosnt feel good afterwards so i just dont understand why i would want to be like that in the first place so yep i sin even when i dont want to, its going to take some practice to keep the trap door shut and my wicked thoughts to myself and maybe then the wont have the place in my heart they must do now and then maybe they might just go away for good, now that would be nice

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2012, 04:40:19 PM »
Yes I hear you girl lol!

I know that when I'm in the Spirit I am much less likely to say (or even think) stupid things. The trick is staying in the Spirit and not letting the flesh take over lol! (Still a work in progress here... lol)
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2012, 04:48:41 PM »

--Rom 11

As I was reading your post, I had this thought, that from this point of view, in the parable of the prodigal son......

Israel is the prodigal, having taken the inheritance and left the estate(forgotten their first estate), lived riotuosly in the world spending what the Father had reserved for them in earthly pursuits(dancing round the golden calf), wound up starving(spiritually) in the pig trough(living as Gentiles among Gentiles under the rules of Gentiles-in chains of darkness olam). When they hit bottom and come to their senses(all Israel shall be saved) they will return to the Fathers estate(life from the dead), merely desiring to serve(as Messiah did). The Father, seeing them coming from the distance(through a haze, eh Jabcat?) will be moved to tears of joy, immediately restore them to their proper estate (signet ring of sons, many colored coat of Joseph), throw a huge party(wedding supper of the Lamb) where we will sit all together at table with Abraham Isaac and Jacob and sup (break bread-fellowship;  drink wine- purified love) with Jesus. At first, some of us, having wondered all this time why the Father pines so for their return, may object, "But we have been your servants, remaining here in the house, and doing the work of this estate." The Father looks at us with pity in His eyes, mixed with compassion for our failure to understand who He is and what FAMILY is, and says, "Don't you understand? This is my son, even as you are, and he was lost, but now he is found, he was dead, but now HE LIVES!" Perhaps the son who stayed home will hear, and understand, and awaken, and welcome his found brother with new born joy.........finding himself as well having awakwened from death into LIFE MORE ABUNDANT, in the SPIRIT OF RECONCILIATION.

Whaddya think? lol
  I like it!

Online eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2012, 07:08:02 AM »
Yup Yup.   Now transfer that same application to contemporary western Christians and we see the whole enchilada :o)
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com