Author Topic: What if Aionios does mean forever in relation to punishment?  (Read 3530 times)

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
Re: What if Aionios does mean forever in relation to punishment?
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 04:52:20 AM »
And I dont think fear and doubt are mutually exclusive to be honest, but feel free to have your own take on that. And if they are well i suppose a little bit is healthy, because had I not..and had YOU not "doubted" something you thought was true for a very long time... you would have never came to the idea known as ultimate reconciliation.

(omit . . . )

I spent 6 months doubting ET, doubting the bible, doubting God...doubting alot of things...and finally Im not really doing that anymore because God broke me out of it. But because of it, I became much more sure of what I believe than I had been the entire 7 years I was "saved". My beliefs did change on some things, such as believeing in UR and what not...but I am still so glad that I went through that now.
Questioning, seeking a more solid foundation for faith, many people, intending to make you believe as they do, will quote the verse, "God is not the author of confusion."  Actually, the first level of faith, we could call it "orthonoia." It the way of thinking people around us told us was right.  It is rather like a child born of rape.  The intermediate level is "paranoia," a confusion from what we received colliding with light and new information.  The outcome is "metanoia," a changed mind adjusted to accord with the truth.  It is the term used for what Jesus began to preach, "Repent (metanoia,) for the kingdom of God is at hand."  We could say it like this: "Change your source of consciousness, have an altered awareness according to the realm where God rules because it is so close you can reach out and touch it."
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

NinjaWizards777

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 08:37:19 AM »
hmm, good points. Yeah the "hell being cast into the lake of fire" i think is pretty much symbolic of the end of it...but again, my quam was more with the lake itself than hell. the metanoia thing especailly was good though

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 09:02:06 AM »
I tend to think everybody goes through the lake of fire.  Only the overcomers are not hurt by it.
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!