Author Topic: unsaved will NOT enter the Kingdom of Heaven  (Read 6278 times)

Chris

Re: unsaved will NOT enter the Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 05:08:19 AM »
Byron, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your post!!  :thumbsup:

Offline Reverend G

• Est
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 10:32:26 PM »
I guess it's just me, but I have to wonder:

Why is it so easy to believe that the billions and billions of atoms that make up the universe all were created in one Big Bang, and once this whole universe existed in a tiny singularity, but it is a stretch to believe that all the "billions and billions" of humans, all made up of those same atoms, would be way to many people to fit into Heaven?

autoimmune

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2008, 07:02:20 AM »
The assumption that has been wrongly made in my opinion is that God cannot save after natural death after the resurrection of the wicked dead. I believe that He can and that He will.

Amen to that, John.  I've spent a lifetime identifying the assumptions and then re-asking the questions.  Amazing how different the answer is once you change the underlying assumption.

I've asked many who believe in ET to show me a scriptural passage that states our wills are set in stone at death.  It may exist, but no one has been able to show it to me yet . . . and I admit to being too lazy to do a search myself.  So far, though, in decades of reading the bible I have yet to find the scriptural basis for that belief.  I believe it is an extrapolated tradition drawn from a combination of scripture and platonic reasoning and logic by Catholic scholars like Augustine and then later fine-tuned by Aquinas, but I cannot find any reference for it within Catholic teaching.  They simply say, and take for granted, that at death the will is irrevocably set either in sin or grace. 

Mary Ellen