Author Topic: To Hell and Back By Maurice Rawlings  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Universalist Catholic

To Hell and Back By Maurice Rawlings
« on: January 27, 2010, 06:28:40 PM »
http://www.amightywind.com/hell/testimonies.htm

I saw the video a couple years ago now.  But it seemed like this documentary was just trying to pass on a Fundamentalist Message.  "except Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, or burn forever".  Is it more likely that the person was just dreaming. 

Some Medical experts tell us that when someone goes under anesthesia, they go through a burning sensation during surgery, and start having vivid dreams involving fire. 

Offline Brian

Re: To Hell and Back By Maurice Rawlings
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 10:13:07 AM »
http://www.amightywind.com/hell/testimonies.htm

I saw the video a couple years ago now.  But it seemed like this documentary was just trying to pass on a Fundamentalist Message.  "except Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, or burn forever".  Is it more likely that the person was just dreaming. 

Some Medical experts tell us that when someone goes under anesthesia, they go through a burning sensation during surgery, and start having vivid dreams involving fire. 

I equate visits to hell with people having vivid recollections of being abducted by aliens.
If you're going to put stock in one, you might as well put stock in the other.
Then there are those who have those out of body at temporary death experiences.
They're not Christians, but instead of going down to hell, they float above themselves and look down to see what's going on around their soulless body. They don't meet up with Christ either. They just have happy time, until they're forcibly sucked back into their body. Interestingly enough, their stories carry the most weight, because they can describe in great detail what was happening around them when they were dead. Which can be empirically corroborated. "Two EMT's were working over me, one was tall and thin with red hair, the other short and fatů" Even though that person didn't regain conciseness until way after that had occurred and never laid physical eyes on the EMT's.

For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. 1 Timothy 4:10

Offline Universalist Catholic

Re: To Hell and Back By Maurice Rawlings
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 06:31:24 AM »
I found out there are some anesthetics that one doctor may use causing someone to have hellish experiences.  The anesthetics cause this burning feeling and their body temperature to go down, making them dream of going to a burning hell.  Not to mention, if they are atheists, which they all claim to have been, thats probably pretty stressful to comprehend the possibility of dieing and that being the end of you, never to see, hear, taste, feel or think again.  Its I believe psychological and physiological.